Closed Words have Weight.

Alex and Garland have a discussion about things.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Words have Weight.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 27th, 2016, 5:18 am

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Somehow Alex knew that garland wasn’t going to take the news well but he’d taken it better than Alex had expected. Trying to rationalize things out for himself to try and find a focal point in the chaos. After all Alex had more or less just turned everything Garland though he knew about him on its head. The words of praise just kept falling out mixed in with disparity and incredulity. Alex just waited for the end of his first tirade before piping up again.
“You said it yourself, not everyone is what they seem. I’m not a good man, I never have been. At least not by nature. It’s hard to hold back. To go against the very blood in your veins, even when you know it’s that of killers.”

Alex paused a moment longer to allow Garland to continue, the words tumbling like a waterfall trying to make sense of the situation.
“I’ve done nothing to prove myself. Nothing to show where I’ve been going but everything to show where I’ve come from. Inaction and indecision. Taking an easy path out in every spot. You’re right though I’m not a spy.” His words trailed off like an empty echo. As garland began to inquire as to what happened with him killing someone again he closed his eyes briefly the face flashing up in his mind. “I don’t want to recall that Garland, if I can help it. And you know how clearly I see things when I picture them.”

Seeing Garland with his usual dumbfounded smirk was something that set Alex to a little more ease however he couldn’t let things completely go. “As much as I want those words to be true garland. It is our past which defines us. Shapes us into the people we are today. After all, those who don’t learn from their pasts are doomed to repeat it.” Slowly tapping his hand on one of the benches nearby, he felt a chill run down his spine. The only thing keeping him in the knights right now was people he knew and even then that wasn’t a strong enough reason. At least not with all the ones pushing against him. “Garland, come winter I’m leaving for Alvadas. I’ve made up my mind. A son of Ravok can’t stay in this city. At least not any more. I’m going to spend the last few days of fall making preparations and enjoying the last few instances of talking to people I know then I’m striking out to make my own way in this twisted mess of a world.”

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Words have Weight.

Postby Garland on September 27th, 2016, 10:29 am

Garland simply smiled, Ravokian or no, Alex was the better man in almost all situations. He may have killed someone he knew, but it must have been for a good reason.

Alex once said that if he could help, he wouldn't kill, and he meant it, something must of given him a reason. "People aren't defined by their past. Learning from the past and being controlled by the past are different things."

Garland was not devoted to the knighthood, not at all, but he was devoted to... not justice, justice is governed by laws, Garland was devoted to good, his own goodness and innocence were no consequence, he was there to protect the the people he cares about, even tainting his very soul in the process.

"I'll miss my best friend when you leave, that's for sure. We'll meet again I'm sure of it, don't slack off on your training when you leave okay? I'll be sure to kick your ass next time we meet!" Garland said loudly. The librarian gave a loud 'shush' that was as loud as Garland's proclamation.

Garland basically ignored the librarian at this point. "Catherine said I should study, but I think we need to celebrate two birthdays for you! Celebrating your birthday alone is no way for a birthday to start. I have no idea what my twins' birthdays are and I have no mostly forgotten my own birthday! I think it's this season."

Garland thought about how old the twins looked when he got them. At least a season old already. "The twins birthday are around this season... Around the first 30 days... I missed it! Ahhhh! Help me plan a birthday party!"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Words have Weight.

Postby Alexander Faircroft on September 27th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

“That’s where you’re wrong Garland. People are defined by their pasts for better or for worse. Whether they like it or not, and it’s their choice to act upon it for the better. Garland make sure that no matter what happens, you stick to your path. You won’t go too far wrong.” The moment of shared understanding between the two of them met an abrupt end with a flash of a final attempt from the scribe to quiet garland.

“Don’t worry about it Garland. I’m sure that you’ll have everything under control here. And perhaps you’ll surpass me now that I’m going to have to step down from training twenty hours a day and having to work. Innate talent and all that my friend. As for a birthday celebration. Don’t worry about it. I’m content in the knowledge that little’s changed. It’s somewhat comforting. With the twins however I’m not sure how much help I’d be there. After all you know I’m not the cheeriest chap.” His voice returned from that fragile hollow echo to his normal smooth and easy tones.

“I’ll do what I can to try and help with the planning but I don’t think I can attend, perhaps you should gather up some of the pages and other kids around their age for them to pay with?” Alex offered a smile and a tap on Garlands shoulder before stepping up from his perched position and motioning to exit the hall. Alex’s voice still never really above a whisper even as he spoke. Suddenly grew a little louder. “You find a mother for the two of those y’hear! They need at least one person in their life with a level head! See ya round buddy.” He chuckled lightly as the scribe scowled at him even as Alex raised his hands in an apologetic manner and made his way out.

Stepping out into the soft rolling mist, the cloying dampness clung to his armour. A correction then happened in his head. His loaned armour. He’d have to return this soon. Or at the very least leave it with a note in his dorm before sneaking off.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Words have Weight.

Postby Samuel Longwell on March 5th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Grading Complete

Please edit your grade request thread so that it's obvious that it's been graded. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions/problems with your grade.

Name: Garland

XP Award:
  • Rhetoric 2
  • Persuasion 2
  • Philosophy 3
Lore:
  • Alex Faircroft: Going to leaving the knighthood
  • Philosophy: Syliras is NOT like Ravok
  • Alex: Originally from Ravok
  • Alex: Killed someone he knew
  • Protecting those you care about is the most important.
Notes: Honestly, I think this was a very powerful thread. Lots of deep topics discussed, very interesting interactions. Enjoy your grades.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous