PM to join Riding Is Something New

Jade helps Shimoje

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on June 4th, 2016, 9:36 pm

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade allowed the man to wrap his arms around her after he remounted Diria. Smiling the blond lightly bounced using her legs to keep her from landing too hard on the mare's back. The light groaning behind her told the woman all she needed to know. Shim was having a hard time riding the horse. Pulling back some the mare slowed down to make it a gentler ride for their male companion. Jade loved being so far out on the plains. Looking around the blonde spotted where the man had pointed. Using her left leg again she got Diria to trot over. The woman snickered when Shimoje fell off the horse.

"You okay?" She asked looking over at him.

She slid down and walked under the tree with him. Jade had seen many trees on the plains, but never one like this. Walking through the limbs the woman was amazed.

"What are you burying?" She asked walking over.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on June 10th, 2016, 3:08 pm

Shimoje looked towards Jade with a half crooked smile. “It was something that must have been done. Putting something at ease. Not sure if you remember or not, but it has to deal with those spirits.” Shimoje clapped his hands on his pants and rubbed off some of the dirt. “I assure you I am fine though.” Shimoje looked around at the canopy around him. The tree’s limbs seemed to be of a particularly flexible wood. Taking out his hatchet he grabbed onto one of the longer limbs where he could reach and pulled on it. As he pulled on the branch he chopped at it with one cleave and it easily was sliced.

“I’ve never seen a tree like this. The branches seems to be very flexible. I wonder…” He started to whip the branch in around being careful not to flay Jade. It whooshed through the air with a great velocity creating a sound as he did such. It almost acted as a whip, but Shimoje didn’t exactly know how to use a whip so it didn’t snap back like most would. After a while of being amused he dropped the branch on the ground. “I don’t think I could carve anything from this though.”

Secret :
Willow tree branches are incredibly resilient and can be used for a variety of different things. When used for weaponry their branches are extremely flexible and be used for a number of things but are not as durable as commonly crafted items. In craft it can be used to grow various remarkable landscaping feats and baskets. Here is an example. Medicinally willow trees have Salicyclic Acid in it which is used for fever relief, anti-inflammatory, and pain relief. It can also be used as a food preservative, bactericidal, and antiseptic.

Shimoje sat down on the ground then gently laid down staring up into the canopy. He noticed a nest not too far up in the canopy and soon enough he could hear the chirping of some of sort of birds. “Oh my, this is tree is full of wonderful thing! What type of nest do you think that is?” Pulling out his hunter’s journal he had acquired a long while ago he flipped through the pages. The nest was large and was weaved in a way which wasn’t relevant to common birds. It was as if it was made from the very branches of the trees, and as he stared at it he could hear a mild screech coming from the distance. A hawk. Shimoje wasn’t familiar too much with the birds, and didn’t care for them much. He mostly found them annoying, but now he was right under the Hawks nest. It’s territory.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on June 11th, 2016, 2:11 am

DATE, YEAR, LOCATION

Jade sat with her back against the tree trunk watching him gently. His curious side was something that the blonde had not witnessed. Staying relaxed she watched him play with the limb of the tree. Closing her eyes Jade felt the world fall away from her as her breathing steadied. Shim suddenly speaking again caused the woman to pick up her head and look up at the nest.

"It is a bird nest. I do not recognize what kind right off the bat, but all birds are extremely territorial. We had best head out before the mother gets back and decides we are on the menu instead," Jasmine said with a smile hearing the mother's call.

Walking back out of the branches Diria raised her head seeing the blond haired woman. Smiling at the mare Jade mounted up before helping Shim up again. Using her legs the woman turned the mare around and quickly got her into a trot. After a peaceful pace the blond pushed Diria into a canter. Jade made sure that it was an easy ride on Shim before picking up the pace. After about half a bell the pair spotted the city gates once more. Pulling Diria to a stop Jade let Shim get down first before she dismounted as well.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Shimoje on June 15th, 2016, 12:48 am

Title and Date

Not paying much mind the birds or possibly what could happen if Shimoje or Jade decided to poach upon the territory, the two took their leave from the tree. Riding came a bit easier this time, but Shimoje was not yet confident to completely ride on his own, he knew that for sure. Diria was almost too kind of an animal to allow such a novice ride on her, but Shimoje almost got the feeling that without Jade’s presence the experience would have been far different.

Though, his purpose had been accomplished and he was thankful to have had the opportunity and help of both Diria and Jade. He felt a bit bad that his intentions were so secretive, but really he had plenty of secrets to keep. As he dismounted near the city gates he walked beside Jade and Diria as they made their way to the gates. It was far slower than riding upon the horse, but it was a welcomed walk. His inner thighs were a bit sore. Mostly this was due to him not being used to riding.

“Thank you Jade. It means a lot to me. I am going to miss you and Diria.” Shimoje bit his tongue as he spoke of leaving once again. For a moment he hoped that Jade wouldn’t have picked up on it, and changed the subject. “You know, I have some time. Why don’t you show me exactly what a rider can do on a horse?” He asked. Shimoje hadn’t seen the full potential that riding could have, and he wanted to experience exactly the skill that comes from riding a horse; both fast, and almost hoped to see how combat worked on a horse.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Riding Is Something New

Postby Jade Laken on October 12th, 2016, 3:59 pm

Jade smiled looking at the man as they got closer. His sudden talk of missing her did not go unnoticed by the blonde haired woman. Confused she glanced over at him wondering why he would feel the need to hide something like that from her. Looking when Diria nuzzled her back to get the woman's attention, she smiled gently. Walking over to her yvas bag the blonde pulled out a carrot and let the mare eat from her hand while the pair talked. Slightly stunned the girl looked to the man when he asked her to show him some real riding.

“Uh sure I suppose. There is plenty here that we can jump over, though Im unsure about combat. I've never actually fought on Diria's back,” Jade stated while looking around.

Mounting up the woman turned the mare away and let her walk several yards before turning to face where the man was. Raising up some the blonde plotted out their course in her head. Making a quick nod she seated herself once more back clicking her tongue. The mare neighed loudly throwing her head side to side ready to run. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes and let out two clicks. Rearing up the mare shot forward running as fast as her legs would carry her. Going past the man Jade used her legs to keep herself up off the horse's back while riding. It gave both rider and mount a freshness to move as needed.

“Okay girl, let's show him how a strider can move,” Jade smirked one ear flicked back at the woman's voice.

Pushing harder the mare easily cleared the first log before continuing on. Jade shifted her weight to the right telling the mare where to run. Snorting some she easily glided into the turn before straightening out once more. Stopping for a millisecond the mare used the momentum and the power of her back legs to clear the next jump as well. Jade let out a happy cry before nudging the mare to continue. Pulling her legs up the woman slowed her down some. Diria slowed before weaving in and out of some sticks that stood out of the ground. Clicking her tongue the pair rushed past the last one barely making it move. Seeing a barrel ahead of the pair, Jade transitioned once more keeping the mare close to the item while going around it. Straightening out the pair came to a stop before the bald headed man. The blond laughed hard on the horse's back as she stopped.

“Wow! It has been a long time since we have ridden like that huh Diria?” Jade asked.

The horse neighed and shook out her mane while panting standing still. The woman hopped down with a smile happy to have been able to ride again. Turning to the man, she waited to see what he would say about the show.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous