Why did you pick your race?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Aidara on December 6th, 2010, 3:48 pm

I think the question should be rephrased as to "Why didn't you pick the overly sexual, inbred but still hot redheaded race?"

Everything else should be clear.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Denen Sunsinger on December 6th, 2010, 7:16 pm

Ahahaha...Um...The tattoos.
Denen Sunsinger
The Third Wife

Words: 189953
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2010, 3:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Rofl, Aidara of all the times Ive talked to you in chat, I imagined you as a dark haired human or something...

I didn't know you were an Inarta! Lol!

Well I understand why you chose one, they are beautiful!

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Kusuri on December 6th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Cause I wanted to scale walls......

Also I love how light the race is, my characters are never powerfull, but extremely fast instead. Also I like the history of the race, and that there kinda like vampires........ Which I am NOT obssesed with.
"Storms of flame and ash,
take all the colour away,
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Words: 16846
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2010, 1:42 am
Location: On top of mount fudge watching all the ice cream melt
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Colette Vicdor on December 6th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Because the other races were too weird (at least initially, since now I'm also working on an eypharian acrobat, merely because I thought a six-armed acrobat would be awesome, but...).
NOTE - I cannot post as often thanks to bad Internet and home studies.
Colette Vicdor
Names Tell Nothing; Appearances Deceive!

Words: 14082
Joined roleplay: July 31st, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Stitch on December 6th, 2010, 11:51 pm

Kusuri wrote:Cause I wanted to scale walls......

Also I love how light the race is, my characters are never powerfull, but extremely fast instead. Also I like the history of the race, and that there kinda like vampires........ Which I am NOT obssesed with.

I am only messin'. <33

Also, I kind of side with Pain a bit. The +15 was kind of a nice bonus. Now that I think about it, I like the humans in DnD because they get the extra feat and skill points. xD
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Leviathan on December 7th, 2010, 2:19 am

Which race?
Ash'eny - Human, because that's what I can relate to the most. :P Go figure.
Ykala - Vantha, still technically a human, but I wanted to visit the snowy north and run a tavern
Eldon - Drykas, again, still Human but the Drykas seem more adventurous, which I was, and still am, craving.
Sheika - Myrian, he's my most unique (living) PC just because he isn't a Human or Human Subrace. I had an urge to test malediction and spiritism, and a shaman seemed best suited for Myrians.
Sharn - Jamoura, the gentle Giant and Scholar... I had an idea that it would be fun, and it wore out very quickly.

I won't even bother with my dead PC's. :P
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kamalia Timandre on December 7th, 2010, 2:43 am

From a roleplayer's perspective, I fell in love with the Konti the first time I read about them. They're like nereids without the promiscuity! The concept of coming from a race of seers is also very fascinating. I always saw the konti as more beautiful than elves and nereids combined.

From a powergamer's perspective: ethereal beauty, divination, personal gift, longevity, and underwater breathing. Konti have weaknesses like being very frail, being hunted to become slaves, not being able to bear children other than konti children, and prone to insanity because of their Sight. Still, it's a matter of playing style!
Kamalia Timandre
I send a hail of burning ice!

Words: 254985
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2009, 8:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (4) Advocate (1)

Postby Orion on December 8th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Well first i had two humans, then i got bored with them quite easily, as it was hard for me to play out their personalities in a cool manner. I won't talk about them much; My two "still alive" characters are Orion and Una.

Orion is well.... damaged. In his past life he was, well, i think bitter is the word (all for good reasons of course). Also in this life he has lost a lot, yet i did not make him with enough spite to take care of himself while he was alone. So i doubled his personality. (I know, i know, i should have probably write a thread on how it happened, but it was meant to happen somewhere in the season of Fall, and during that time, i did not have either the working hours nor the willpower to ever truly finish it. There is still a rough draft of it in one of my documents, but that is sort of a train that has long since passed.) Also i base the whole Orion/Jinvan routine on the emo/angry kid routine. And with what race could you do that other than the Eths? Yea i know Akalaks come to mind, but they don't have enough tragedy in their stories, so this race seemed like a perfect answer.

Una - No noble happening here, i merely wanted the +15 bonus; If she was not human she would either be a Kelvic (which contradicts how i wrote her so it falls off) or another Eth (which i seriously doubt i need).

Ok i might have gone off sideways a bit on this one, but yea, i think that's about it xD.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Vizyous Aconitum on December 17th, 2010, 6:24 am

I chose Symenestra after a month (yeah, a month!) of lurking around the site and deciding. It was a close call between Symenestra and Dhani. Both trapped their prey and were poisonous, and both were very agile. Both were pretty much based off on less liked species too. The deciding factor though was that Symenestra had the flaw of being more physically vulnerable.

Vizyous is someone of a strong mind, so a "weak" body balanced that out. Also, liquifying your food is more disturbing to me than swallowing it whole, it suited Vizyous more. There's the factor that Symenestra babies kill their mother upon birth, too. I really hate spiders, but that won me over.
Vizyous Aconitum
Harmless Trickster

Words: 94651
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 12:47 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

PreviousNext