Pursiuing Justice (Garland)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 15th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Title and Date

"Yeah... They captured one of the trainer's at the Pits named Yargul. They were originally going to sacrifice hum. I bet it was because of some lose in a card game that made them upset or something. But, when I first met Shimoje on that day. We were patrolling, Ser Xervos and I. Shimoje came along. Then, we discovered a mass of bandits swathed in dark robes. They were bare, most if them were in a sense. That was where we found Yargul." Ferrin took a breather before moving on.

"I killed so many Garland..." Said Ferrin in awe. "Well, Shimoje and I. They're even setting up very dangerous traps within the Bronze Woods. Like they're warning others to stay away or something. Ser Xervos went to rescue Yargul after Shimoje and I distracted them and Shimoje killed the majority of them with one of their own traps. They were seriously drunk. They wouldn't even know which foot was what at that point. They were also doing some weird rituals. Chanting for Rhysol. It was creepy." Ferrin spoke more slowly at the end.

Taking another sip of wine, and a few spoonfuls of soup. He continued. "Garland. I wouldn't patrol out along any more. It's not safe for one squire and even another Knight. These woods, they're being more inhabited by bandits. I think we should inform the Grandmaster about this..." He spoke seriously, but tiredly as he was getting a bit tired himself.

"I've already informed them about the bandits. But, from looking back on it. There might be more of them, just like those other ones Gar. Really." He said with a look of fear coursing in his eyes. He tapped his fingers on the table nervous habit of his. Calidus spoke. "It seems like more of them are trying to get something they want. Since Syliras is one of the most busiest cities of Mizahar. Not to mention the capital of Mizahar. No doubt, that there aren't so many here." Said the dark hooded figure sourly.

"Garland, you can take the first sleep. I won't mind staying here for a few bells." Said the Kenashian with a light nod. His fellow Squire got up and carried his things. Ferrin assumed that he went back to his room as he observed Garland walking away.

Ferrin waited for the bandit to wake. Though, when Garland had hit him pretty hard on the head. He grew worried that the bandit might wake up with short term memory loss or something of the like. Calidus spoke to Ferrin. It was getting later at night, a bell or so passed and Ferrin was almost ready for bed himself. "You see. That's why I need to be here. To look after these spirits. Without me. Who will?" Said the hooded man unsure of what to speak about. Ferrin nodded and yawned. His tired eyes looked over to his empty wine glass.

"I'm going to get Garland and have him come watch now." Ferrin took his leave and trudged up the stairs. His shortened broadsword sheathed to his side and his shield was now strapped to his arm. He'll need to bring back up his hunting stuff. Ferrin pushed the door lightly to Garlands arm with his free hand. It made a creaking sound. Then came a voice. Ferrin must be dreaming. Though, there are of course spirits here still.

"he he he."chuckled the voice exuberantly. "Sleepy squire easy to take over."carassed the spirit. Ferrin swiveled his head as he trekked through Garlands room. He ignored the spirit, but he'd seen a bright blue light traverse through room engulfing it. "No. Leave him alone..." Said Ferrin in a whisper loud enough to carry through. "No. Freebies. He's mine. He's mine, mine mine." the ghost spoke stubbornly.

"Gar, wake up!" Exclaimed Ferrin. "Wake up. We have company. It's the spirit again Gar."

"Sleepy Squire. Stay asleep and we can play." derided the spirit. Ferrin grew annoyed. "Out or I get Calidus." The spirit sighed. "Your never fun, both of you."

The spirit poofed.

"Garland, can you take watch? I'm going to catch a few bells and then we could leave if you'd like. Calidus is downstairs. I'm pretty sure you can talk to him for awhile. If the bandit wakes up. Just do what you need to to restrain him." Ferrin nodded and walked to his room, he unbelted his sword. Positioned his shield beside the bed and slid over the covers. To sleep he went.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Garland on July 18th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Garland pushed himself awake, he felt like he had more energy after that rest, but still he felt... violated somehow?

Like something was watching sleep all through the bells. He stretched his arms and legs, popping joints rather rhythmically. "Alright. I'll keep an eye on the bandits, and now that I think about it, maybe ask Calidus about setting up wards in your room. I think that creepy ghost girl was looking at me all night." He yawned and started walking back down to the dining area.

"Calidus, do you mind maybe setting up some wards in Ferrin's room. The ghost in my room was a bit annoying but so far hasn't hurt me in any other way then my pride. I'm guessing not all ghosts here are as innocent or benevolent as that one." He said and took a seat right next to the bandit.

Calidus nodded and got up from his seat and started making his way towards the stairs leading to the second floor. As soon as Calidus was out of sight and out of earshot Garland quickly took out his dagger and pressed it ever so tightly on the bandit's neck.

The bandit grunted in surprise tried moving his head away from the blade, fear deep within his eyes as he stared into Garland. "I want you to tell me everything you know about your leader."

The man saw that Garland had every intention of slitting this man's throat. "I just woke up, and it's not hard to say to the two upstairs that me, a half-asleep squire got jumped by a bandit that got loose and I had to put him down. Now who do you work for?" Garland pressed the dagger ever so slightly on the man's neck, drawing a thin line where a bit of blood started dripping down his throat.

"I-I don't know. Our boss got taken by a ghost like the rest of us and you three killed him I think." He stammered and desperately tried to pull back and falling on his back while tied to the chair.

Garland stepped over him and sat down on his chest, the knife hanging loosely in his hand. "Not him, the real leader, the one bringing you lowlifes together. I want his head on the end of my sword and I need information, no one's going to miss you and those two upstairs there's protecting you, the other squire just wants to lock you two up, nice and cozy and safe in Syliras, me on the other hand, I'm fine killing you here or sending you back to where you came from and then your boss kills you. If I kill you, my friend and I will butt heads, but like I said, no one's going to miss you and there are much better torturers back in Syliras than me." Garland didn't really know if there was a torturer back in Syliras, Sayana was good he remember from experience but getting her to do it is impossible.

"I-I swear I don't know anything. The boss would talk to the guy getting everyone together. I don't know anything I swear! Please!" The bandit had wet himself now and started crying.

Garland got up and set the man back upright. "Why were you here then? I'm sure you would know that."

"W-We were sent to find another way into Syliras, we thought that there might be a way through the old tunnels here but all of them are caved in and then the ghosts appeared. I don't know anything else!"

"Good, now shut up and sit tight. I'm keeping watch and I have no qualms keeping you two quiet by slitting your throats." Garland said with a smile and sat back down on the old chair. He took off his gauntlet and started cleaning his nails with the dagger, scraping out the dirt and flicking it towards the ground.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 19th, 2016, 2:19 pm

A Dream

Ferrin fell asleep almost instantly. Only he heard the footsteps of Calidus' feet as he walked, but it was faint. Like a mile away. Now, he was somewhere else. Inside the Bronze Woods. A fiery explosion erupted within a clearing not too far from where Ferrin was taking his late afternoon patrol. He was alone. It was unlikely to find him alone most of the time, even when he's out patrolling. There'll usually be someone with him.

Not even Cyprus was with him. He was on his own. Just himself with his gear and weapons. His longbow and quiver, as well as his broadsword. Ferrin brandished his blade and he traversed over to the clearing.

Chanting.

Men swathed in dark cloaks and bare to the skin. A scene that Ferrin wished to not have seen. They were praying Rhysol. The fire in the center of the clearing, it was purple and black. Not like anything that a real camp fire would look like.

Ferrin crouched behind a large enough boulder that shielded his presence from being seen. Ferrin watched as sparks of red poofed up into the sky.

"Rhysol! I follow you, teach us, instruct us, control us. May you be redeemed." Chanted one, he didn't notice Ferrin yet. How long could it have been?

All of a sudden, a burst of flame flew towards the boulder and engulfed Ferrin. Swarming him with black and purple smoke.

~~~~~

Ferrin awoke with a start and cold swept up his spine as he abruptly sat up. Sweat was beading down his face as he looked around where he was. The Lavender Ruins. A place of strangeness.

Ferrin belted his short broadsword and quickly left the room, leaving his other gear behind. Knowing that he'll probably stay for awhile. Once he had reached the kitchen. He saw Garland and the two bandits strapped to the chairs.

"Garland, what kind of information did you get out of them?" Asked Ferrin as he sat upon an old wooden chair behind the table. He stretched. He was still tired. But, he could understand if they have bad news. If there was any.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on July 19th, 2016, 4:04 pm

Garland looked out the window, was it morning already? "Nothing new, just that they're new leader is who I thought it was and they were here to look for some way to get to the city using the catacombs under the ruins."

Garland had been playing five finger fillet with a gauntleted hand, adding a lot of scratch marks on the piece of armor. "Even if there is a way to Syliras here, the ghost would destroy most of them along if they come through here, and I doubt Calidus would help them."

Garland looked around and saw Calidus bring out a beef stew from the kitchen. Garland must of not seem him go in then. "After we have breakfast, we head out, aye?"

Garland went towards the kitchen and brought out five bowls along with the utensils. "They may be marauders and thieves but we aren't heartless, right?" Garland said and placed the bowls in front of them. "We're not dumb either, I'll feed ya, or at least hold the bowl up if you want to drink. We are not taking off the bonds."

Garland helped Calidus with the food, pouring the soup into the bowls. "Well eat up then." Garland started eating, occasionally, lifting the bandit's bowl up to his mouth and feeding him slowly.

"So Ferrin, you look like a train-wreck. What happened? Bad dream?" He asked and continued on with eating, listening to Ferrin's dream if he chooses to share it, or if he remembers it.

After a while, Garland got ready and dragged his prisoner off to his horses. "Thank you Calidus for the hospitality. I would give a salute but my hands are busy holding this guy at the moment."

Calidus gave a nod at Garland and Ferrin and sent them off on their way to Syliras. "Wait! Didn't Calidus say there would a reward? Did you get it?" Garland called out to Ferrin.

Secret :
We should probably end this. This has been going on for a bit too long now :p
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on July 19th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Title and Date

"Yeah, those ghosts will totally do something about them. Though, if the ghosts were willing to help those bandits, they'll probably lead them through the tunnels for a recompense of a soul to posses within the city. Who knows what will happen next after that...

"I'm fine Gar. Just had trouble sleeping. That's all." Said Ferrin with a toothy grin. Calidus handed them each a bowl of beef stew. Even the two bandits had received some as well. The three all helped them eat, as well as they were eating too. "You really think there could be some way inside Syliras? Garland, I think we should send out more patrols to explore this area more." Responded Ferrin before he shoveled a spoonful of stew in his mouth.

It was fairly warm and get sufficient enough to eat. Ferrin didn't mind. What he did mind, was the bandits. How they might be able to figure a way inside Syliras that's unguarded. It slightly startled Ferrin. It worried him even. He thought of Jade, when a bandit comes inside and could possibly snatch her up. He saw her attempt to fend of drunken men at the Rearing Stallion once, she didn't win the fight.

Garland complimented Calidus for the hospitality. "Yes thank you Calidus, without you. We'd be staying with those troublesome spirits." Ferrin said.

It didn't take him long to finish the bowl of stew. "I'll go get my gear and we can head off." When Ferrin came back down with his hunting gear, and shield Garland was already out, the bandit too. "Don't worry." Calidus spoke. "Your friend went to bond the bandit to his horse. He's waiting outside. Here take all of this." Said the hooded figure.

The man brandished out a large pouch, which mostly contained Mizas and possibly marbles as well. A few daggers too. "I already have enough of these. Here." Said the man as he handed everything to Ferrin. "Thanks. We'll appreciate it." Said Ferrin with a friendly smile and a nod. "No problem, come again. I'll be here whenever." He responded. Ferrin nodded once more and placed the items inside his quiver. For temporary use. He didn't have much arrows inside it as they were mostly at his apartment.

He waved goodbye to Calidus and hurried outside to the group
"Yes Garland, I got the stuff. He gave us daggers and a large coin purse. We should split up the change." He said with a smile as the bag jingled inside his quiver.

Garland bonded the bandit to his warhorse. Ferrin mounted Cyprus after he tied his hunting stuff to the saddle. His shield was worn on one arm, and his blade was belted around his waist, the sword sticking out on his left side. "We should distribute the reward after we get into the city. Or do you want to do it now."

If Garland would want to do it now, they would stop and distribute the rewards. Or they would do it at the city after dropping off the bandit at the Tank.

It's taken the group to reach their destination. The Main Gates. One of the Knights of Syliras came up to them and demanded a search. "I'm Squire Ferrin and this is Squire Garland. We've been ordered to search for the bandits. They've attacked us, but we managed to bring one to captivity. They claim they were exploring for a way into Syliras near the Lavender Ruins." Said Ferrin calmly as he was being searched. His quiver was untouched.

"Carry on then." Stated the Knight. "I'll report these findings to the Grandmaster. He'll be pleased." He turned to other squires at the Gates. "Take this bandit out to the Tank and lock him up. You two should go get some rest. Your stallionsight need it.to." Said the Knight.

"Well, I'll be at the Traveler's Row, if you need me Gar. Once I take Cyprus here back to the Stables. You coming?"

Secret :
Assume that Ferrin and Garland had gotten a dagger. I've been hoping to get him one for awhile now. We can say there in decent condition. The grader can determine how much coin the two of them get. If that's alright. I can turn this thread in as well. We should do another. So Ferrin can get to Know Garland more or something? Let me know, thanks.

~Ferrin.

A SHIMOJE TEMPLATE

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aladari Coolwater on November 23rd, 2016, 5:35 am

ImageGrades Ahoy!

Name:Ferrin Al'Mandrikin

XP Award:
  • Riding: 1
  • Stealth: 1
  • Tactics: 1
  • Shield: 1
  • Weapon: Shortsword: 1
  • Observation: 2
  • Socialization: 3
Lore:
  • Cyprus: Afraid of Ghosts
  • Calidus: Spiritist of the Lavender Ruins
  • Expelling a Spirit Through Willpower
  • Tactics: Don't Split Up
  • Spiritists: Can Generate Soulmist
  • Spiritism: Can Create Wards
  • Nightmares Interrupt Sleep
  • Ghosts: Create a Chill
  • Ghosts: Creepy!

Name:Garland

XP Award:
  • Riding: 1
  • Tactics: 1
  • Weapon: Crossbow: 1
  • Unarmed Combat: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Interrogation: 1
  • Socialization: 3
  • Observation: 2
Lore:
  • Tyrn: Afraid of Ghosts
  • Being Possessed by a Ghost
  • Calidus: Spiritist of the Lavender Ruins
  • Expelling a Spirit Through Willpower
  • Tactics: Don't Split Up
  • Spiritists: Can Generate Soulmist
  • Spiritism: Can Create Wards
  • Ghosts: Create a Chill
  • Ghosts: Some Benevolent, Others Not

Penalties/Rewards :
Garland and Ferrin each get one iron dagger. They're very old, and a bit rusty, but in useable condition. Various coins adds up to 5 GM each.

Shield Points: + 6 each for helping the people of the city by hunting bandits.

Comments :
Sorry this took me so long to grade. There was a lot of content here, and I wanted to make sure you got everything you deserved.

As a brief note, Ferrin, one thing you could do to improve the quality of your writing is to check for verbs. Every sentence (between every period), there should be a verb, or action word. Some of your sentences are simply stating a noun, or a thing. "The brown table." Is not a complete sentence. "The table was brown" IS a complete sentence. Hopefully that helps.

I love the dynamic between Garland and Ferrin, and I hope they get to know each other better in the future. I think they're good for each other. ;)

If you have any questions or feel I missed anything, please PM me and I'll get it sorted out. Don't forget to edit your request to show that this thread has been graded.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3