Hello, From A Total Newbie

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Avara Snowsong on January 1st, 2017, 12:58 am

So, I felt like it would probably be a good idea to drop in and say hello, after all I am rather new here. I'm currently in the process of building up my PC, and decided a brief break from my extensive reading to actually introduce myself. I actually found this site by simply searching around for a good fantasy roleplay and this seemed awesome. Since I can't think of anything good to type out on my own for an introduction I borrowed some questions from the top thread.

1. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Well I've been rping for roughly a year although nothing this in depth. Hopefully everything goes well, and I don't make a complete fool out of myself, which has been known to happen.

2. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Hmm, I'm not really sure I guess I really like focusing on characters and the interactions between them. I love both building up relationships and tearing them apart if a situation calls for it. Although not sure this is a style but, I already typed it out so...

3. What do you like to write about - not write about?
I love, love writing about the interactions between characters, also the emotions people feel as they live their life. On top of that I also like a good fight scene or a silly scene really it just depends.

4. What's your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
The lore. I absolutely love the care that has been poured into this world along with all of the characters. It seems like an actual place and to me that's amazing.

5. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
One word, coding. But I'll get the hang of it eventually, especially when I read the help thread for it.

6. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience?
Really, I just wanna have fun. That's it and maybe make a few friends along the way.

Now that I've run out of ideas for what to type I guess I should be signing off for now. I look forward to roleplaying here after I get my Character Sheet completed. Oh, and just to be complicated feel free to call me Ash whenever I'm talking OOC.
Avara Snowsong
Player

Words: 19695
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 9:48 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on January 1st, 2017, 3:27 am

Ash,
Welcome! I'm new to all this too. Took me a couple of weeks to get started. Mizahar is really impressive. Hope you have a great experience!!
Salara
Last edited by Salara Kel'Halavath on January 2nd, 2017, 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Avara Snowsong on January 1st, 2017, 4:23 am

Ah, thanks so much Salara!
I can't wait to start roleplaying here, everyone seems so nice.
Avara Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 1st, 2017, 4:30 am

Allo Avara Welcome to Miz. I'm assuming you're playing a vantha given the name and the choice of actual race :D

If that's the case you should come to Alvadas. It's a lovely place and currently one of the safest for the vantha :D

Still though it's your choice and Have a fantastic time here :D I look forwards to stal-Reading your CS :ninja:

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on January 1st, 2017, 6:21 am

Welcome to Mizahar! Been here ages and this place still gives me new and surprising things.

Vantha is a nice choice for a race. Be wary of the current Winter ongoings.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Prophet on January 1st, 2017, 6:44 am

Hello, Avara.

Welcome to Miz. Feel free to harass the spectators in Chat if you have questions or send a private message to the storyteller of the domain in question. Ball & Alex mentioned a global event that is currently ongoing which involves all Vantha. You can read up on it here. Also, please take the time to read the links provided by your welcome PM. The starting guide is full of useful information and can be of great assistance when compiling a CS. Finally, a word of advice- take your time. As you know, the lore is immense and can be hard to navigate at times. It's much better to be thorough and ask questions than to charge in half-cocked.

Welcome, again and don't hesitate to air your concerns or questions. That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Avara Snowsong on January 1st, 2017, 2:20 pm

Thank you all so much for both your advice and warm welcome. I appreciate it, particularly the heads up about the current events concerning Vantha. Unsurprisingly I had not been aware of this, now back into reading as much lore as I can. Once again thank you all so much for being so nice, I really appreciate it.
Avara Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2017, 2:32 pm

Welcome.

I'm glad you could join us. Thanks for putting so much effort into your character. Its very pleasant to see such detail from someone so new!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Avara Snowsong on January 1st, 2017, 4:16 pm

Gossamer,

I'm glad I was able to join you here, the community is very welcoming. Well, I hope all of my effort pays off when it comes to my character, although I also just like reading all of the lore. Thanks once again for the welcome.

Avara
Avara Snowsong
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2017, 6:43 pm

I have to admit I felt a little guilty when I saw you created. This seasons whole global plotline revolves around killing Vantha in retaliation to Morwen's rebellion and the lack of winter. :)

But I'm glad you are a good sport about it and brave enough to make a Vantha anyhow.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Next