PM to join [The Herald's Arms]Assistance(Garland)

Kalvina needs help in her current state, and Garland can provide it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Herald's Arms]Assistance(Garland)

Postby Kalvina Skyglow on April 1st, 2015, 8:09 am

~

42|SPRING|515 AV

Today was going to be hard, and Kalvina knew it the moment she'd walked through the doors of the Herald's Arms that morning.

The warmth and hospitality of the inn was a given. There were many, 3 or 4 as she could count, hearths roaring with orange-red flames. Light flute music, probably from a few musicians who'd decided to play for a few Silvers, played ambiently. It was always like this, one could say.

But what would make this day so difficult was the fact it was filled. Patrons here and there, the bar counter full, the tables almost all occupied. For such a large audience, it was rather quiet and collected, but poor old Mr. And Mrs. Louger. They were probably swamped. They were lucky she came in. Her belly was rather extended beyond belief, and she'd been feeling morning sickness for the past 7 days, but she had touched it and showed up today, fit to burst.

Good call.

"KALVINA! KALVINA, IS THAT YOU, SWEETHEART?!"

Was that Mrs. Louger? Kalvina found a hand waving, presumably at her, behind the wooden bar. She smiled, knowing she was good to work, and proceeded to step behind the bar. Her belly, full with a small, seal-tailed baby, led the way as she stepped underneath the divider to greet her employer's wife, a small woman with greying hair and a small stature.

"Mrs. Louger. I decided to come in for-"

"Yeah, yeah, Kalvina. Nathan is out sick, that's why we're so backed up, so I need you to go to the back and transport a crate full of jam jars to the White Swan. We accidentally got their delivery yesterday."

Kal looked, stared, dumbfounded at the little old lady. She needed a pregnant woman to carry a large crate from the kitchen, through the city, and to the Swan? Kalvina needed something to distract her from the newly acquired stomach pains she'd started having yesterday, but becoming a heavy lifter wasn't exactly on that list.

Maybe drawing or cooking.

"Mrs. Louger, I don't think I can carry boxes in my current state."

As soon as she was done, the small lady before her raised a quieting finger, and then pointed it to the back.

"If my husband hired you, and you decided to work today, you will be treated like anyone else in his employ. I'm stuck here with these customers. Just go deliver the jam, sweetie."

Sighing heavily from her nose, Kalvina pushed past Mrs. Louger and went into the back of the kitchen. A few other employees, some she'd never seen before, 2 familiar faces, all manned surfaces. She pushed lavender hair from her eyes and fixed her blouse on her stomach as she walked past, boots hitting stone with a thunk.

Then, she saw it.

A small crate, made from wood, right by the back door. It looked heavy, that was for sure. Inhaling deeply, Kalvina pushed all strands of purple hair behind her and bent over. She made sure her stomach wasn't too much in the way as she took the wooden case by two carved handles and pulled upwards. With a groan, not only from Kalvina but from the case itself, also, the box of jars cam up along with the woman.

But Morwen, it was petching heavy.

Wasting no time, Kalvina waddled from the kitchen through the back door. She pushed the wooden door open, feeling the warm rays of mid-spring permeate the lands of Syliras. She waddled as though she were some type of flightless bird, around the side of the building, into the streets. As she moved more and more, the crate seemed to become heavier and heavier, and her arms became more sore by the second.

Petchin' Hai. I'm gonna drop this damned box in a second!

And that's what she nearly did. She'd barely made it into the Syliran streets when she lost her footing and sort-of fell. It was more of a slip, though. She landed right on her butt, the crate flying off the side of the street into bustling people's moving feet. It was never moved, although it was repeatedly kicked again and again.

She felt the familiar hot tingle of tears sting her grey eyes.

Don't you cry, dammit. You get your ass up and take that petchin' package to the Swan.

But she couldn't bring herself to actually stand up. She sat on the side of the street watching the little crate being jostled in front of her.

She needed help, and she knew it.

"Umm... Can anyone help me? I need to, er, carry a box! And I'm... I'm pregnant."

~
KALVINA

COMMON
VANI
Kalvina Skyglow
The Baker Woman

Words: 11038
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2015, 2:32 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Garland on April 2nd, 2015, 7:51 am

The Herald's Arms were literally swamped right now, the few knights and squires that were assigned here to patrol the area were undermanned right now, dozens of people were inside the Herald's Arms and some still trying to get inside the establishment.

Garland was happy to help in any way he can. He was making his way over to the Herald's arms when he noticed something quite odd. A rather large pregnant woman was carrying a heavy looking crate from the building, and into the street.

He was about to run up to her to help her with the heavy looking crate, but before he could react she slipped and fell down on her rump, usually if this was a normal woman and was not pregnant he would be laughing his head off, that was just his nature, but instead his face was crossed with concern for the girl.

He looked at the crate as it was being kicked around by the crowd, Garland couldn't actually be angry at the people because they must all be very busy with things and have little time for crates left out on the street, but still, could they simply just walk around it? He frowned with disappointment towards the people on the street mostly because their lack of concern for their fellow citizen.

"Umm... Can anyone help me? I need to, er, carry a box! And I'm... I'm pregnant."

Garland returned his attention back to the pregnant woman and rushed over to her aid. "Are you alright? Here, let's get you up on your feet." He said and gently but firmly grabbed her arm, carefully pulling her up, making sure that she's alright, she looks fine, no scratches or bruises that he could see. "Please be more careful. I guess that must be your crate, don't worry, I'll get it for you."

With that he ran off into the crowd and picked up the crate with his hands. The citizens gave Garland a bit of room to move around, mostly because he was in his armor, meaning he was part of the order. Sometimes he hates that people only respect him because of the armor he wears, can people not respect each other because they were simply neighbors? It could be that Garland was simply naive how the world works or hates how the world works, and questions it to the core.

He went back to the pregnant woman and gave her a warm smile, he noticed that she had a few tears on her eyes and were dripping down her cheek. "Hey, pretty girl like you shouldn't be crying. Listen, I'll take this crate off your hands, where is this thing heading off to? My name's Garland by the way, I would shake your hand, but mine are full at the moment."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kalvina Skyglow on April 2nd, 2015, 5:50 pm

KALVINA

~

"Are you alright? Here, let's get you up on your feet."

Kalvina looked up from her spot on he cold ground. A figure stood before her, blocking the spring sun from her eyes. Although, Syna's light accented him. He was a handsome man, with short brown hair and matching eyes. Kalvina's tears stopped at the man's, obviously a Squire from his armor, kindness.

He reached out a hand, rather large for a man who was at least 4 inches shorter than Kalvina. She blushed, blood rushing up the back of her neck and onto her cheeks. She was surprised anyone had even noticed her, let alone someone so...

Beautiful.

She took his large hands in her much daintier ones, and began to pull herself up. They then went into the awkward dance one would usually go into helping someone large up. She nearly slipped once more, her belly keeping her from fully standing, and almost sent the two of them to the cobbles underfoot. But, she somehow caught her footing by sticking the heel of her boots down, and using the side of the Arms as leverage. As she stood fully, she realized how tall she really was, nearly 6 feet, and the Squire no more than 5 inches shorter. She almost towered over him, although she probably wouldn't have been such a tower if she wasn't wearing her boots.

She sniffled, wiping tears from her eyes. Kalvina pushed lavender hair from her eyes as the pretty Squire went off to retrieve her crate.

A right gentleman.

The man returned, box in hand, smiling rather sweetly. He told her a pretty girl shouldn't be crying. Once again, more blood and heat rushed to her cheeks at the compliment. She shouldn't have been crying, anyways.

His name was Garland. What an interesting name.

"Er... that's going to the White Swan, Mr. Garland. And I'm Kalvina. Kalvina Skyglow," she added pointing in the direction of the Swan.

"And a nice gentleman shouldn't have to carry boxes without company. I'll come with you; it was my job anyway." Kalvina returned a smile, and started off toward the Swan, sure that Garland was following behind her.
[/size]

~
KALVINA

COMMON
VANI
Kalvina Skyglow
The Baker Woman

Character sheet

Postby Garland on April 3rd, 2015, 5:49 am

He gave a gentle smile when she started to blush. She looked mature yet still very adorable, like a child trying to be an adult. When Garland came back with the crate, he just noticed that she was huge, well, obviously because she's pregnant, but also was quite tall.

She was towering over Garland actually. He felt quite small, really small. He was already quite insecure about his height but this just makes him feel like a child again. Though he wouldn't let something so minor get him down.

She was quite beautiful, and different, strange lavender hair, pretty grey eyes and just a bubbly looking face. She looked like she was too young to be pregnant.

"Er... that's going to the White Swan, Mr. Garland. And I'm Kalvina. Kalvina Skyglow,"

"Kalvina Skyglow? Well, a very colorful name for a very colorful person." He said with a grin on his face. The crate he was carrying was way too heavy for someone like Kalvina to be carrying on her own, but for him it was no trouble.

"And a nice gentleman shouldn't have to carry boxes without company. I'll come with you; it was my job anyway."

"I would appreciate it actually. I would love some company, sometimes I get so lonely that I start talking to myself, kind of sad really." He said with a small sheepish smile followed with a light blush. "Actually, why were you carrying around a heavy crate without any help anyway? You said it was your job, but it seems somewhat stupid and selfish to have a pregnant woman move around a heavy crate through a busy street without any help whatsoever." He said as they started making their way towards the White Swan.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kalvina Skyglow on April 7th, 2015, 1:14 am

KALVINA

~

She watched as Garland the Squire walked with the large crate in arms. She admired the abundance of muscles he seemed to have packed in his arms.

He asked her why she didn't have help with the boxes.

"Well, my boss and his wife are a bit strict on employees. If someone comes in, whether or not impaired, they're working like the rest of 'EM."

She watched as Garland walked with ease with the boxes. She liked the way he handled the boxes with little to no resistance. She found herself blushing again. She knew the feelings of a crush when they came, and this one was certainly real.

She mentally psyched herself up to ask him a rather personal question.

It's now or never, Kal. Just do it. It'll only be embarrassing for a little.

She inhaled deeply.

"So, uh, Garland. Are you... are you single, Garland?" She could already feel heat rushing to her head as she watched in anticipation.
[/size]

~
KALVINA

COMMON
VANI
Kalvina Skyglow
The Baker Woman

Character sheet

Postby Garland on April 7th, 2015, 1:02 pm

He couldn't help but glance behind to look at Kalvina, she was quite captivating, and there was a certain beauty to a pregnant woman, there was a sort of magic behind having life inside of you. He turned back to the road, just in case he would walk into a signpost, barrels, a horse or any other obstructions in his way.

"Well, my boss and his wife are a bit strict on employees. If someone comes in, whether or not impaired, they're working like the rest of 'EM."

"Now that's just wrong in plenty of ways. I could see that the Herald's Arms were chock full of people, I would assume someone like you would be more comfortable cooking and not lifting up heavy crates that can honestly wait for a few bells." He said with a slight frown and choler feeling in his gut. As they walked down the street, Garland mostly making way for Kalvina for easy passage, they were getting closer to the White Swan, the area around the establishment was slightly less crowded than the Herald's Arms, but it was still fairly populace.

"So, uh, Garland. Are you... are you single, Garland?"

Garland paused and turned to look at Kalvina. "Single? Uhh... No, I'm not actually. I have someone, love her to bits I do. In fact... We're expecting actually, around late summer or early fall!" He said with a gleeful smile. He was excited and nervous at the same time, the prospect of taking care of a child frightened him, yet excited him to no ends, like a battle where you're at the edge of a blade, but it could be brought back from the brink.

It was a strange comparison, but he felt that it was appropriate. He then looked at Kalvina, a bit more seriously this time. "What about you? Are you single?I would expect an expecting mother to have someone else bring home the Mizas." He went over to Kalvina and gave a sincere smile. "Don't worry, if you don't feel like telling me, it is fine, and if you ever need anything, just ask around, I would be with you as soon as I hear that you need something."

He then lowered down the crate and gave Kalvina a quick hug. "Hehe. You're red as a tomato! Come on, let's get this crate back so we can get back to work at the Herald Arms, I wouldn't mind doing your job if it's needed."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ball on February 12th, 2017, 4:33 am

Garland

Intelligence +1

Lores
Kalvina Skyglow: Pregnant girl tasked with carring a heaving crate to the White Swan
Kalvina Skyglow: Works at the Herald's Arm
Kalvina Skyglow: Her Bosses are strict
Intelligence: Asking Kalvina about her personal relations in life.

Note: I could not give you anything in Socialization as you have maxed it out.

Kalvina Skyglow: Whenever you come back, please update your ledger and thread list. Once you do that please resubmit this for regrading. When you DO resubmit for regrading PLEASE lower the 195 sized font to something far easier to read on. Not all of us use a 50inch screen HD TV to post from. I had to have the RS shrink your text for me.

Please mark your request as graded and as always please PM me if I am missing anything.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes