Closed A moment for the family (Markus Andres and Ball)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

A moment for the family (Markus Andres and Ball)

Postby S'Essy on March 15th, 2017, 5:23 pm

AV 517, Spring 4th

It was already spring for a few days now, though after a rough winter like they had one would not even notice. Some maybe would have liked to forget all about it. S'Essy was among those surely. But that season has passed and she didn't have to worry about that anymore.

Not that she could think about that near the waters of Laviku. The gentle wind that also carried the scent of the sea, it was soothing, calming for her. Like a father's caring touch. How she loved Him, how she loved His realm, she couldn't express it enough. Maybe she didn't have to, surely the God of the sea knew that. At least the Konti mother hoped that. If nothing else her child was born safe and healthy in His waters, which for S'Essy was a proof: her Sea Father protected them from any harm.

Among many things, the Sea was not the only thing she enjoyed. As she was sitting at coast, the Sun was shining bright, illuminating everything around her. Not to mention Syna kept her warm with her rays. Ever since that day she was blessed by Her, the healer enjoyed staying in Her lights more and more. Given the gift of sight and also joy. So she could see what she meant to, so she could look out after those who she cared about.

Liker her lover Markus, and their daughter Katie Andres. Who were playing right next to her. She was just watching them, smiling. She appreciated these times. Mostly she has to take care of their little child. Her lovely knight is busy, going on patrols for days or just simply comes home late. She came terms with it, she knew what she was getting into. It was hard at first, really hard especially for the first season. But S'essy promised him that she would support him, and so she did. And right now, all she could do was making sure, Markus didn't have to worry about their daughter. "She missed you, you know." She said softly.
Last edited by S'Essy on March 27th, 2017, 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

A moment for the family (Markus Andres)

Postby Markus Andres on March 16th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Markus let out a sigh as he leant back, right hand planted in the warm sand and his eyes half upon the white little girl before him and half watching the, almost, endless expanse of water before him. He fought the desire to back away from the water. Somewhere in the depths, Laviku's sons and daughters lurked. The children Markus did not care for. A slice of peace for Markus.

Katie, his small konti daughter, was having fun burrying her tiny webbed hands and then pulling them up and out of the warm sand. Sending a small shower of sand in Markus' direction, raining down upon his exposed skin and fabric. Markus smirked at the display of joy that came across Katie's face. The childlike glee. Much had happened in the past many seasons. Markus felt himself stretched thin in some areas. Juggling his duties to the knights and to his new family. That was why he was happy to get to spend some time with his family in peace and enjoy the simpler things in life.

S'Essy spoke to him. He felt a little sting at her words, if it had been someone else that S'Essy who had spoken those words, he would've suspected a malicious intent behind them. He wished he could be around more to take care of Katie, every patrol he went on, meant not seeing Katie and S'Essy for days upon days. He glanced at S'Essy and smiled.

”I know. I've missed the two of you too.” Markus reached out and scooped up Katie with ease and the girl squealed with joy as he rose to his full extend. Lifting up his daughter to his full height plus his arms lenght. Well over seven feet into the air he thrust her. And he giggled and squealed with joy. The girl felt safe in his arms, that, at least, was something to treasure. Somewhere behind the sergeant lay his weapons, the Peacekeeper and the dagger Fallon had given him years ago. Things were not as safe around the city as it had been years ago. So he left nothing to chance. He had almost asked his wing to join them for extra protection. But he needed the alone time with his family. He lowered the girl again and swung her up into the air again. Repeating the motions as a bright smile appeared on his lips.

”Already a year and a half old. Time flies.” Markus said as he mustered the strength to give her another flight.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 19th, 2017, 8:42 pm

S'Essy was only watching and enjoying the sight of her lover and her daughter playing. Few moment she had to treasure, because they didn't come often. It was heartwarming for her. Markus enjoyed his time with his little Konti, as did Katie. That's all what S'Essy wished for, a family like that. Even if he was busy with his knightly duties, it was alright with her. They all had their call, she knew that too well. One had to find it and pursue it, otherwise they would be lost, without purpose. She slid closer to them as they were playing and gave a kiss to Markus' cheek. "And I missed this." It was a bit unfortunate that even to here, her lover had to carry his weapons but she felt safer that way no doubt. "I wish I could see you everyday. I admit, I try to search for you everyday, but even with Syna's help I have limitations.

She turn her head to Katie as Markus lifted her to the air. "And careful you two, or not only time will fly but she will fly away too." Said the Healer teasingly, but she trusted that the Knight will keep her safe. She didn't even realize how much time had passed until he brought it up. Her mind was only about their daughter and Markus, and trying to keep a family together in all good health too. "It's still like yesterday. But not only she grows fast, she matures that fast as well." And she certainly had to, she was gifted from someone, S'Essy couldn't believe.

The Mother of their race blessed their child, Avalis. Katie Andres is a seer. That has never happened in her family line. "I don't mean to be disrespectful, don't misunderstand me, but Avalis is funny." Was her Call also involved this? Avalis had a different plan for her family now. Something for her child. "We were always healers, we are proud to serve Rak'keli. To think Katie was blessed by our Mother." She had to admit, it was a honor to her. She never really worshiped Avalis actively, though she always respected Her and Her Seers.

But the gift of divination was foreign to her. To S'Essy it was always a distant knowledge, she never dared to look after. Her smile faded a bit as she looked upon Katie and leaned on Markus. "And it also worries me. How will I help her with that? I can't guide her with this, Markus. The gift of 'sight' what Avalis gives is not something I understand." She wished she knew more, but they needed help, from another Seer. She was sure somewhere in Syliras somebody could help them out.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 20th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Markus' daughter squealed as Markus let her go for a moment. Her tiny arms swung a little before gravity once more took hold of her and she landed in his waiting hands. S'Essy planted a kiss on his cheek, and the knight smiled at the sign of affection. He had truly been fortunate that he had met S'Essy again. His twice marked lover spoke of the second mark, one that Markus barely understood. Through Syna's gaze, she could watch upon the world below. It was hard for Markus to fathom, in honesty, perhaps it was like his Sylir's mark, difficult to understand, unless you were marked. Though, having S'Essy meditating in the sun looking for him warmed his heart. ”I'll remember to wave to Syna next time I get near the city.” He smirked, shifted Katie over onto one arm, grabbed S'Essy with the other and pulled her close for a kiss.

Only a brief kiss, for with Katie present, anything more seemed excessive. ”Oh, don't worry, I'm not letting her fly away anytime soon.”

It had been a year and a half, but S'Essy still hadn't gotten her head around the fact that their daughter had been marked by Avalis and not Rak'keli. It had come as a shock to Markus as well, he had thought that S'Essy's family always had been marked by Rak'keli, but not his little bundle of joy. She was special. Perhaps the warrior in Katie's father meant that Avalis had the divine foresight that Katie would not be suitable as a healer. Then again, considering the chaos in the divine pantheon previous season, Markus was not going to guess about divine will and the likes.

”Are there not other Konti in the city you can ask for guidance? I know Grandmaster Dyres, konti...” Markus suppressed a smile. ”Advisor is marked by Avalis as well. Perhaps you could find someone who could help?” It was his own guess. Get help from another Konti or, anyone marked by Avalis. ”That is what I would do.” Katie was placed in the sand and Markus stretched out and looked inland. Spying for someone who would harm his little family.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on March 26th, 2017, 2:51 pm

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball dropped from his small mount, several yards away from the sergeant and his family it was enough to hopefully keep his presence known until he wanted to be known. He stopped past his former knight's weaponry making a brief note to mention that. He was using his hearing to take in the direction he needed to be in. Once he was within earshot the pycon knight pointed behind, “You know. For a knight trying to protect his family, your weapons lay pretty far away.” Ball grinned, “Then again, most people bent on hurting people would have already attempted an ambush. Stupidly and blindly running at the man wearing armor.” Ball shrugged, “Or they would've been heard considering they are most likely wearing loud arsed armor.”

In the past year this was the first time Ball actually sat down and didn't feel exhausted. As his little body settled on the sand he watched the family before him, “Tell me something Ser Pycon. Does your little one want to punch you every time you pick her up and toss her?” Considering the past, Ball was well versed in being picked up, hating each and every time it happened. It was just at that moment that Ball realized he had not yet introduced himself to the rest of Markus' family. “Sorry, I knew I was forgetting something. I am Ser Ball. Former squire of this metallic oaf.” Not that he trained me often as it was. Ball snorted slightly on his thought.

“Is the little one a new page?”

It was clear that family was not exactly a solid formation within his nexus and thoughts.

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby S'Essy on March 27th, 2017, 8:12 pm

S'Essy raised her eyebrows at first, when Markus mentioned the Grandmaster's advisor, that she was also marked by Avalis. Right... should she just go there and ask for help just like that? But that was not his point luckily. She also hoped to find someone with Avalis' mark. Konti or not, any help she would accept. The Healer didn't know if she should be ashamed by not knowing too much about Avalis. But she was a Healer, and she was always more fond of her Father. "And this what we will do."

She sighed and gently picked up Katie from the sand. She placed the little Andres in her lap. "Daddy and Mommy will help you through this, I promise." She said in Kontinese to her. It was important for S'Essy that their daughter learn both Common and Kontinese. So while mostly she talked in Common with her daughter, she did change to her mother tongue. Markus could teach her better in common anyway, her wasn't so great. And she had to learn from the 'best'.

The little pycon caught her off guard. She turned to the direction of the voice as she saw a little ... thing there. It didn't even seem alive, yet it was moving, it was talking. Syna's Seer held her daughter even closer to herself. Katie didn't seem all scared though, she was more annoyed that her mother held her tighter and didn't let her go. She sure wanted to check out that little thing, she was curious. "Katie be a good girl and stay with me a bit, now's not the time to play!" Tried to calm her. She did loosen her arms a bit, even she felt she held Katie too strongly.

She didn't want her close to it. Even she wasn't sure what it was... or who it was? It did calm her that Markus knew the little thing. Ser Pycon? She looked at Markus all confused. What is it talking about? And why is it asking if Katie wants to punch her own father? Then the little creature turned to her. Ser Ball... so it was a knight at least and a squire to Markus. As she checked him closer, she noticed his clay like body. Clay, little, Ball, squire to Markus. Everything clicked into place in the puzzle and she finally remembered what her lover told her in the past. "Oh... OOOH! So you're that pycon, he was talking about. And I don't know what is a page, but I think, I can say no, she's not a new page. She's not, right Markus?" She was just assuming, she didn't even know what it was. "And nice to meet you Ser... Ball was it? I'm S'Essy, healer of Rak'keli, seer of Syna."
Last edited by S'Essy on March 28th, 2017, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Markus Andres on March 28th, 2017, 3:52 pm

Markus noted the raised eyebrow and smirked at the hint that she didn't consider herself high enough in the hierarchy to have a chat with her about something as 'trivial' as divine matters. Though Markus doubted that, the advisor might be inclined to talk to S'Essy, perhaps. Markus didn't know, but the ambitious part of him did not mind the idea of S'Essy and Kaylana being friends. Couldn't hurt his chances of further promotions within the Order, though he knew it would come from his own abilities prior to his connections – he would not accept a position that he knew he could not handle.

S'Essy spoke the tongue he didn't understand. He was not opposed to Katie learning kontinese, but he wished he himself also knew what was being said. Perhaps he should look into finding someone to teach him the language. But he had picked up two words thus far. Daddy and Mommy. He had heard those two words, or similarly sounding words enough to know they referred to him and S'Essy.

A voice came from nearby and Markus turned to look at the newcomer. He recognized the voice with ease and knew to look towards the ground. There he found the source of the words. His former squire, now a knight as Sylir's mark reminded him when he looked at the knight. Markus gave his former squire a shrug at the mention that his weapons were far away – only a few brisk strides and he would've been armed. The sergeant would not let the small pycon rile him up.

”Talk to your superiors respectfully, knight.” Markus warned sternly - Ball had always had a problem with addressing his superiors in the proper manner. ”That would be the one.” He said, directed at S'Essy. Unsure what he had told her about Ball in the past. ”And no. Katie here is not a page – she is our daughter.” Markus looked to S'Essy. ”A page is the lowest rank within the knighthood, often reserved for children who are being groomed into the knighthood. They often serve as helpers for knights.”

Markus directed his attention to Ball once more. ”What brings you out here, Ball? Enjoying a day off duty?” Markus had not kept tabs on Ball after he had stopped being his squire. Markus' attention had been elsewhere, but he had not heard anything terrible about his former squire, so Ball must've behaved.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on May 5th, 2017, 3:10 am

"My Speaking" My Thoughts

Ball snorted, it sounded like a bubble popping from within his body before he chuckled, “You are no more my superior now than you were years ago Ser Pycon. As for a day off? Shyke I don't have days off. Not since mid last season when I got a squire of my own. You thought it was touch teaching me. I swear your leaders feel I needed to lesson all my own, sending me a young girl with a child in tow.” Ball smiled a bit, “Granted the child is a little cutie, much like yer little one. Keep her safe Ser Pycon and Lady Ser Pycon. If you ever need a night to yourselves, send the tyke my way. She might not be a page or a squire, but she should still learn how to beat up her old man from time to time if the need arises, gotta keep you in check Ser Pycon.”

Ball looked out at the water and frowned, “Ser Pycon. Does the water ever remind you of the day we lost Blue Pycon at the Isle of the Undead? Sometimes I stare out across the Bay and wonder why our boat on that fateful night? … Then I remember he came back, briefly. Sent a petching courier as a scout with a letter. A shyke letter to boot.” Ball growled and flicked his eye up at Ser Pycon. Ball never knew what the Sgt knight thought, not that Ball really cared most times.

“Besides, I was hoping to see if I could find any hints of a mage-knight that paid a bloody mage to kill me two years ago. Traitorous cur.” Ball grumbled once more. Ball shook his head, “Enough about me. How has life been treating you three?”

Credit :
Created goes to Raus for aiding in the photo manipulation, Myself for color and transparency manipulation as well as box code. Character is accredited below
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes