Closed [SO-Sylira]A Pirates Life[Sayana]

Clyde and Sayana have a not so calm day of travel

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

[SO-Sylira]A Pirates Life[Sayana]

Postby Clyde Sullins on September 11th, 2016, 1:12 am

43 Fall 516

Clyde's trip so far to Ravok had been quiet. At least, as quiet as any trip with a mage could be. Clyde, having several along for the trip including himself, couldn't expect a totally quiet trip.

But, as he'd thought to himself in his half asleep mind, he considered it a quiet trip as no one had tried to kill him. At least, not yet. A small bit of his mind felt that just thinking this would curse him to have this happen, as if he needed some extra reason to have someone trying to kill him and he didn't already have quite a few people who'd attempted just that.

As he slowly awoke he noticed a weight on his leg. Moving his hand absentmindedly, he assumed he'd left Cha laying across him and went to move the staff to a more comfortable position. However instead of his hand meeting Cha, it met another hand. His eyes split open to gaze down, his body tensing, before he realized that the limb belonged to Sayana. Apparently in his sleep one of her hands, she had quite a few, had ended up draped across him. Seeing her his recalled the events of the past season or so, something he'd forgotten momentarily in his half asleep state.

That was another reason his trip had been a bit less than... Quiet, so to speak. He'd ended up getting romantically entangled with Sayana, and the two of them had been bunking together ever since. This wasn't lost on the crew, and Clyde had received several smirks and comments when he'd headed below deck with Sayana.

Over the first few days back on the caravan he'd made up for lost time, after all with years of abstinence to counter... After those first few days he'd slowed to a more reasonable pace in frequency of hooking up, at least for a Ravokian. But they'd still been "bunking" together quite regularly on the boat trip.

Blinking a few times Clyde cleared his vision, inspecting the small room of sorts they were in. On land it would probably be a closet, but on a boat with its limited space it was all that was provided. The room had a "bunk" or bed that took up about two thirds of the floor space. with a small table next to it and a tiny bit of empty room for standing. Most of the storage was either under the bunk, or in some cabinets of sorts affixed to the ceiling of the room.

Doing his best not to wake Sayana, Clyde slid out of bed, mentally focusing on Cha. He'd woken with her gone, so he assumed she'd been knocked somewhere in the room by their late night... Activities.

Through his connection to the Magic Staff he got a sensing of where she was, a direction and a vague image of darkness and wood.

Without bothering to look he bent down a bit and stuck a hand under the bunk, grabbing the staff as easily if he'd lit up the room and had a clear view of where it was. With his connection to the staff he could easily determine where she was, and didn't have to fear losing track of her.

Still attempting to be quiet, Clyde headed out of the room, closing the door quietly behind him. Within a chime he was back above deck, blinded initially by the sun. It wasn't at its highest at midday, but it was at least several bells after sunrise, and so it was bright enough as compared to below deck to dazzle him.

Once his eyes adjusted and he was able to see properly, Clyde noticed a pair of sailors standing near the railing of the deck. Various sailors were running about the deck, working, climbing the rigging, pulling on ropes, and doing all manner of other confusing sailor related tasks. These two sailors however seemed to have nothing else to do but to hold up the railing. One was elbowing the other in the shoulder to get his attention, while smiling with a stupid grin.

"Oy? You the one with the girl, eh? I wish I'd thought of that, it'd make trav'lin so much more pleasant. But nah, I can't afford it on my pay. But 'ey, it gets lonely at sea, you ever think o' sharing? I bet the cap'in 'ould be willing to figure it into what yer payin if'n you'd be willin t' supply a bit oh... Entertainment, for the crew. Eh? I bet I could even put in a good word with'em."

Clyde paused for a moment, his hand clutching at Cha, freezing as he headed across the deck. For a moment he stared blankly back at the sailor, before a wide grin split across his face. Then he laughed, walking over towards the sailor as if he'd thought it was a hilarious joke.

He kept a smile on his face as he spoke, but let his eyes go cold and dead, glaring at the sailor as he spoke under his breath in a quiet and intimidating voice meant to unnerve.

“If you, my friend... So much as touch her, in a way I find inappropriate, I will gut you like a fish. Slowly... Are we understood?”

For a moment the sailor stared back at Clyde's glare, but after a moment he broke off, staring anywhere but at Clyde's eyes.

"S'was only jok'en man... Don't take thin's so ser'sly..."

As he finished speaking the sailor turned back to attempt to meet Clyde's gaze for a moment, but quickly broke once more, flicking his eyes to the dagger sheathed at Clyde's belt.

Muttering something about needing to go do something, the threatened sailor quickly headed across the deck, disappearing up the ropes on the nearest mast.

The second sailor he had earlier elbowed stood there for a few moments, before bursting out laughing with a heavy guffaw, tilting his head back.

He spoke under his breath as he left, slowly walking away, having found the entire encounter quite entertaining.

"Gut em like a fish... Funniest threat I've heard in days. Gotta go tell Bill, he's gonna love it. That petcher Ron nearly wett'en his'self."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sayana on September 13th, 2016, 11:36 pm

Sayana shifted in her sleep seeming to compensate for Clyde’s movement as he slipped out of bed. She had slept better than she had in the last few seasons, preferring the company of another. Even in the small confines of the ship’s cabin in which the bunk was really only meant for one, it was with great pleasure and affection that she chose to join the mage.

Be it the small movements that allowed the mage to free himself, or the absence of his body next to hers, Sayana stirred from her sleep only a couple chimes after the mage had left the room. She didn’t need to scan the darkened room to realize that Clyde was already up for the day. However, she did take a moment to straighten her dress before slipping out the door.

Before she headed up onto the deck, she heard voices from above followed by some laughter.

“S'was only jok'en man... Don't take thin's so ser'sly...”

She paused a few moments, trying to listen to the rest of the exchange, but it seemed to have concluded. When she emerged from the cabins below, she caught sight of the second and rather amused sailor walking away from the mage.

“Making friends Clyde?” Sayana asked innocently before kissing him deeply on the lips.

“I could have sworn I heard something about Entertainment…” An alluring smile crossed her face as she continued. “I’ve been told I make fine entertainer. And I do a mean balancing act.”

She placed a foot on the railing, a position which was surprisingly accommodated for despite her dress. With a hand to brace herself and a bit of a jump from her bottom leg, she mounted the rail and spread out her multiple arms for balance. With the playfulness of a child, she walked the length of the railing occasionally wobbling and regaining her balance.

“I can practically see the fishes from up here,” the Eypharian called out as she glanced down at the waves below. As she gazed out towards the horizon, however, she saw something a little bit different. At first it just looked like a smudge where the sky met the ocean, but then it seemed to have a more define shape.

“Look! I think we might have company of sorts. That is, if it’s a ship like I think it is, and if it’s coming in our--” She broke off suddenly as the boat hit an abrupt wave. Losing her balance, she jumped down from the rail and back onto the wooden deck. “--direction.” She finished.

Now turning to address the sailors, she called out in a loud and clear voice. “Ship sighted to the left of our boat! On the… um, port side of the ship?”

She still hadn’t figured out the proper usage of the sailing terms and was clearly doubtful in her tone of voice. Nevertheless, she pointed clearly to where she had seen the distant ship on the water, and several sailors were already moving about to verify her claim.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shiress on December 2nd, 2016, 3:09 pm

Permission for late placeholder given by Prophet
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on May 25th, 2017, 1:21 am

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Clyde
Skills
  • Stealth: 1
  • Intimidation: 1
  • Acting: 1
Lores
  • Waking up under the arm of a lover
  • Acting: Feigning a laugh
  • Intimidation: Delivering a threat

Sayana
Skills
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Flirting: 1
Lores
  • Acrobatics: Balancing on a narrow beam

Comments: Too bad this one didn't get much further along. It'll be interesting to see other displays of 'possessiveness' even if Sayana didn't fully realize the extent of this one.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)