Closed Meeting New People (Freke)

Kavala and Freke meet in the Warrens.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Meeting New People (Freke)

Postby Kavala on May 26th, 2017, 2:14 am

Timestamp: 40th of Spring, 517 AV

The sights and sounds of the Warrens were like a breath of fresh air to Kavala. She'd been busy this spring. Busy... the word didn't even come close to the amount of work that had been going on at The Sanctuary in terms of birthings, breedings, and all the calls she had to make as a healer. Time away from her barns and family was indeed a rare thing. But they'd needed supplies and as of this moment, there was somewhat of a lull in the storm that made up Kavala's busy season.

She'd delivered a new crop of warhorses to the Kuvay'Nas and that had taken a burden off of her. Spending the winter training young warhorses and then delivering them the first day of spring left the rest of her season open to handle the chaos that was her business this time of year. It was a system she'd slowly developed over the last few years to spread out the work and make her job more manageable during this particular season.

Now, halfway through, Kavala was taking a breather. and had hooked up the wagon and drove it to town. Leaving it at the stables just inside the city gates, she was moving through the Warrens with a list in one hand and a coin pouch that was steadily growing lighter as she made her way down the list. Luckily some of the supplies the Healer needed was trade based, like the Bluevein Winery booth she was standing at currently.

Kavala had ordered ten cases of both Bluevein Emerald and Bluevein Gold wines. Payment would come in the form of several horses, with breedings included, and then care and foaling out at her facility as part of the deal. Kavala had haggled with Mason Charvi and left happy knowing that some of her better non-warhorses were going to get good homes. As a breeder and healer, its all she could ask for... and it kept The Sanctuary in wine.

That crossed off her mental list, the Konti stepped backwards, turned, and tried to slip back into the crowd. She had just one more thing on her list to order before she headed back. And she was hoping, if she had time, she'd be able to stop by the Unarmed Sasaran and get some time in with whomever might be lurking about.

With her mind distracted, thinking about her next move in the Warrens and the Sasarain after, Kavala wasn't paying attention and stepped headfirst into someone who was only passing by. She reached out, apologetically, to both steady herself and ... him when it hit her.

Waves of nervousness and fear. Anxiety rolled off the person she collided with in steady waves that flooded her senses and brought her into a half crouch instinctively as she reacted as if the emotion was her own. It wasn't, but it took the Konti a moment to steady herself and realize it was a Kelvic she'd picked up on... the very one she'd accidentally ran into.

The Healer took a moment to study him, hoping he wasn't going to simply bolt. He in turn would see a Konti dressed in the standard Riverfall leathers. Hers were a pale cream color sleeveless bodysuit that matched knee-high riding boots. A riot of hair so pale it was almost translucent looking was caught up in a messy pony tail behind her head. She was armed with tamo daggers that were sheathed at her hip. A black ring adorned her right hand that looked like a family signet. She could have been anywhere from a half dozen years old to half a hundred. One never knew with Konti. However there was a sharpness to her gaze that bespoke intelligence and interest.

"Are you alright? I didn't mean to slam into you. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. My apologies. I'm Kavala Denusk. Healer, not brawler..." She said sincerely, a hint of a smile crossing her face. Kavala tilted her head as she spoke, as if listening intently, and met his gaze willing him to relax. She wanted to ask him what was making him so afraid, but she didn't want to spook him even further. Standing this close to him, fear radiated off the Kelvic and caused her to glance around, wondering why.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Freke on May 26th, 2017, 3:10 am

Spending most of his day walking around the warrens, Freke was looking at different wares people were selling, many of which seemed interesting to him. He'd make notes to visit this shop or that shop when he had a job. "Oh gods, I need to find a job" he suddenly realized. "What can a former slave with no usable skills do to make money?" he asked himself mentally. Remembering someone make mention of a office that helps people find jobs suited to their talents Freke decided to head there next, but first he wanted to check out this unarmed sasaran. Now with thoughts running around his head about being found out and captured again, with who knows what happening to him as soon as they find out he isn't a typical kelvic wolf, Freke was starting to get concerned what would happen when he ran out of money. Even thou he didn't need as much food as a regular dire wolf, he still needed more than his kelvic wolf cousin, and he was quickly running out of the what he was given upon entering the city.

Turning around to head to the labor aid office Freke sees the Sasaran and makes his mind up to head there first. These constant fears were crippling him, he needed something to do to relax himself, and being able to work out, something he hasn't been able to do since before he was sold, seemed like a great idea. Quickly checking his purse to see how much he has, in case they ask for money, his heart beats a little faster at the reminder at how much he's gone threw already but continues to the sasaran anyways. Not even half way there someone bumps in to Freke, sending off all his alarms, did they find him? Did someone else recognize him from Alvadas? If it was discovered what he was it would all be over, they'd enslave him again for sure. Quickly turning around he sees a woman shorter than him, doubled over. "Why is she hunched over?" he starts asking himself "Did I hit her harder than I realized?" Leaning over to help her up he sees the woman pick herself up and after a moment start to introduce herself.
Nodding his head slowly Freke talks quietly for someone in such a busy place "I am fine my lady. Please don't apologize, it was my fault, I should have paid more attention to my surroundings" Going in to a bow Freke quickly moves his eyes back to the ground "My name is Freke. It's a pleasure to meet you My Lady. May I help you with anything?" Standing here talking to her Freke's collar some how started to feel tighter and heavier than it ever had.
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
Freke
Player

Words: 22283
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2017, 7:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on May 27th, 2017, 3:44 am

Kavala met the man's eyes and felt his alarm course through her. She actually winced to feel it, running her hand up and gripping her throat for a moment at the involuntary tightness there. Her eyes dropped from his gaze to his neck as she noted he indeed wore a collar, a tight one at that. The Healer had seen a lot in her time here in Riverfall, but she'd never seen Kelvics heavily collared. Nor had she felt them as scared as this one was, not unless they had been wounded and were in pain as well.

The Konti took a deep breath to center herself and offered him a gentle smile. She tried not to move to fast, though she did straighten and step slightly closer to him.

"Why are you so afraid? I can feel it, deep inside. Is someone hunting you? Hurting you?" She asked softly, her voice pitched to sooth and not to spook. She drew a hand up and touched her heart, tilting her head and studying the Kelvic with concern in her gaze.

Just because she gave him space didn't mean he wouldn't spook, but Kavala hoped he'd settle. "I am an animal healer. I own a place north of the city on the sea. My niece and nephew are Kelvics. I often shelter wounded or lost Kelvics there until they get on their feet. If you are in some kind of trouble I might be able to help, Freke..." The Konti said, sincere and stepping back, giving him more space. She didn't want to scare him worse than he was already.

After she gave him a chance to answer, she glanced at the Sarasan behind them. "Were you coming to the Tuvya Sasaran for any reason? I was going to see if anyone there wanted to spar..." The Konti said, trying to be a blend of friendly and to change the subject if the Kelvic was uncomfortable. She wondered what sort of Kelvic he was. Maybe a deer or another sort of prey animal, fearful in the city. He couldn't be a predator. Predators weren't as flighty and fearful as this man was... not unless he was truly being hunted. Then that was of a big concern for the Konti. She didn't take to people being found against their will and forced into doing things they didn't want to do. She knew first hand, being an ex-Nakivak, what that was like.

Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Freke on May 27th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Slowly rising Freke's eyes never leave the ground. Hearing the concern in this woman's voice it sounded genuine, but it wasn't the first time he'd seen someone fake it for someone of lower stature. He always wondered what kind of joy people got out of making others think they cared. "I am fine my lady" he says trying to sound as respectful as he can "No one has been hurting me. During my stay here I have been treated very well. I thank you for showing concern for me" Freke took a moment to wonder how she seemingly knew what he was feeling when he realized he hadn't kept his face blank, he actually allowed his emotions to show. Mentally slapping himself he quickly makes his face go blank. His heart still racing Freke starts reigning in his emotions, mentally slapping himself again. "How can I be so foolish" he thinks to himself. "I was trained better than to let them run rampant like I have been." Slowly getting back to his cool and detached self Freke adjusts his posture accordingly.

"Thank you for the offer My Lady. I do not know of any wounds or injuries needing healing, but if you wish to double check I have no objections." Freke tells her, trying to keep his voice calm, and submissive. He didn't want to anger her, knowing this was most likely a trap. Fighting to keep control of his emotions Freke keeps his body perfectly still. This woman had something planned for him, and it was most likely going to be something he didn't like "If I may ask how much would you charge for such a service?" She backs up... she just backed up.... Are her partners here? Could they be planning on taking him here? Now? Placing his arms behind his back Freke prepares for someone to come up and put cuffs on his wrists, not wanting to make this part any harder than it has to be. "Hopefully, if I don't fight, they won't make it so hard to move when they take me" Freke thinks to himself

Hearing her ask about the Tuvya Sasaran confuses him for a second until the idea comes to mind "Does she want to judge my fighting skills and see what kind of threat I am?" Sighing ever so slightly he looks to the Sasaran. "No real reason My Lady. I was simply curious about the place. I heard it's a place people go to practice unarmed combat. I was going to see what rules they have, and inquire about costs." Returning his eyes to the ground Freke's chest tightened. He'd enjoyed his few days of freedom, and didn't want to leave here. Not wanting to make anyone nervous, if they were planning on trying something here Freke keeps his eyes focused on the ground, but watches everything he can from the corners of his eyes. If something was going to happen he wanted to be as prepared as he could be, in case it goes badly
Attn Thread partiners: I work in retail and hours are picking up, affecting my ability to be online. I will continue to write and post as much as I can, I just might poof for a couple days because of this
Freke
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on May 27th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Rage rose in Kavala for a moment as she watched the Kelvic rise from the ground but never lifting his eyes. He responded in a soft voice that bespoke of abuse and probably years of it. She glanced around, searching the crowd to see if anyone was watching them, or if anyone was seemingly looking at Freke. No one was, other than a curious glance by a passerby sharing the street. The Konti took a tight rein on her temper and resisted the urge to fist her hands. It wasn’t right. It wasn’t how Kelvics should be treated.

Then something even worse happened. Kavala had her senses wide open and she felt him do it. She felt him grow angry at himself. Her blue eyes, so pale they almost looked blind, tried to stare into him as she focused her concentration and watched him struggle with control.

“Yes, I would like to double check. I would like that very much.” She said in a tight angry voice. Her anger wasn’t directed at him, but rather at the fact that a Kelvic would act like this even though no one was here to hurt him or do him harm. It reminded her of the blood on her hands when she’d found the twins, her own flesh and blood, at the hands of slavers in the Rattling Chains. Her niece still didn’t talk about it and Kavala knew her nephew still had nightmares because he didn’t sleep well unless he was perched above his father’s bed or even in Kavala’s quarters, talons locked into the hardwood headboard.

“I charge nothing. You are a Kelvic. I provide services to your race at no charge. I have other incomes that make this service possible.” Kavala’s voice had softened. She calmed as the Kelvic himself had managed to calm himself. It lasted all of a heartbeat or two, perhaps even a half dozen breaths. Freke assumed a submissive posture as she retreated, giving him room. He clasp his hands behind his back as if he was used to carrying them there.. or as if he was used to being bound.

Rage rose in her again. If his ‘owner’ was here, she would have a serious discussion with them. That discussion would result, if Kavala had any hand in it, in Freke not being ‘owned’ at the end of it.

“Yes… I can tell you the rules… and there is no cost. If you want training the owner will charge you for using the place to train under someone else. The cost is not substantial though. It’s only a Miza or two for using it for however you want a day.”
Kavala answered him before stepping forward and touching his shoulder. He was tall, far taller than she was, but the Konti wasn’t daunted.

Her hands reached up and touched his collar, searching for a buckle. When her fingers identified it, she carefully unfastened it and pulled the heavy leather device from his neck. Again she glanced around and held the thing gripped in her fist.

“This… this collar is not right. It’s slavery, Freke. Your race should never be enslaved. And if you are bonded, such things would never be needed. This horrible thing needs to be burned.” She said softly, calmly, as she gripped the collar. Nya tucked it into her belt before she reached up and rubbed at his skin gently where the thing had rested around his neck. She wasn’t caressing him so much as checking for broken skin, sores, or raw marks.

“Come with me. I want to do that exam you said I could do. The Tuvya Sasaran won’t mind if we use their facility.” Kavala didn’t touch him again, but turned and lightly jogged up the steps of the Sasaran and opened its doors. She would hold the door for Freke if he decided to join her and if he did, she’d lead him to one of the side rooms that were often used for changing or quick healing repairs if someone got hurt and a healer was around.

If he did as she asked, Kavala would nod at the owner of the Sasaran, Ismail Bahram, as they walked in, and once they were alone she would toss the collar on the floor in the private area and meet his gaze if he’d let her. “I would very much like to look you over. Will you take off as many of you clothes as you’re comfortable with and let me see?” She wanted to see first and foremost if he was injured. Then she wanted to see if there were signs of abuse. If there were, she was going to ask him openly how he’d gotten scarred or injured. She’d ask him about each and every one of them if he had any. The way he acted, as if someone had spent a long long time breaking him down, Kavala had seen the signs a hundred times. Many Kelvics had come through her doors, some had even stayed on.

Slaves had a certain aura to them. Freke definitely had that way about him. The collar secured her belief.

OOCYou dont' have to go in if you don't want too. I'll react accordingly if you don't.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Freke on May 28th, 2017, 12:42 am

Noticing Kalva getting upset over something Freke quickly went over his actions and response a few times, trying to figure out what he did. Was he rude to her some how? He couldn't think of anything he did. Maybe it was a cultural thing? He went over his responses and her expressions while he gave them, as well as his movements, he was confused at what would cause such a reaction, until he realized it. She didn't give him permission to stand, he should have stayed in the bow until either she left, or gave him permission to stand. "What is wrong with me?" he thought to himself. "I never would of made as many stupid mistakes before I came here" While he was coming to enjoy his freedom he was starting to wonder if it would be best if he found a new owner and became someone else's property. He still had some money from when he first came here, maybe it'll be enough for someone to want to take him in. What about his former master? While he did sell Freke and kill his bond mate maybe he'll take him back, especially coming with a gift, it might prove he was still worth having around.

Following Kavala's orders Freke slowly nods while speaking. "As you wish My Lady." The angry tone in her voice sends shivers down Freke's spine. He quickly realized she wasn't asking his permission earlier, she was ordering it and he misunderstood. Freke finds himself starting to wonder if she plans on making him her slave. "Am I being claimed by a new master?" he asks himself. While missing the taste of freedom he had Freke found himself starting to relax a little, some how the idea of being owned again was comforting. Perhaps it was because it was so familiar, or because he didn't need to worry about so many things anymore. All he'd need to worry about is learning what his new mistress wanted, and how she would talk to her slaves, something he was getting today. "My Lady where do you wish to examine me?" His voice some how calmer as he realizes she's making sure he isn't damaged goods before making it official, it was smart of her to do such things. He'd often seen his former master doing the same thing when buying new slaves and items of importance.

Going in to a half bow Freke speaks gently to what he hopes will be his new mistress "Thank you My Lady. If I am able, on another day, I will make use of it's services. I have not trained in many months." He realizes as he says it might not of been a good idea he had not kept up with his training. While it wasn't directly his fault it could reflect poorly on him, but it was to late now. "She had made mention of wanting to train with someone, maybe she will have me show what I know?" Freke thinks to himself in hopes he'll be able to prove himself to her. "If I may impose, do you know when they open and close their doors?" Knowing this could upset Kavala more he hoped that she'd see this as him being serious about wanting to train again.

Kavala's fingers send shivers across his skin, he wasn't use to someone fingering around his neck like this, but she didn't order him to kneel down, but her words confuse him. He knew the collar was a mark of slavery, it let everyone know he was claimed, and could tell other's who owned him, and who they'd anger for damaging him without permission. Why would she want to take it off and call it horrible? It takes him a few ticks to realize they had another method here, he just didn't see it because he didn't know about it. Maybe they found a way to manipulate the bond and make it easier to enslave kelvics here. Part of him found himself desiring this, he'd be bonded again and it wouldn't be cut so short this time, but he couldn't help but wonder what this bond would feel like if they did some how manipulate it

Following the orders Freke follows Kavala in to the Sasaran with his arms nestled tightly in the nook of his back. Keeping two feet behind her at all times, close enough he could quickly reach her if something happened, but far enough behind so everyone would know he's not a friend of her's, but rather a slave or bodyguard.
Looking around the Sasaran Freke quickly notes who's using it and watches them with care. His mind calm, he focuses on nothing but observing Kavala and those around her for danger. Noticing her nod at a man, presumably the owner of the Sasaran, he makes special note of the man's face. He must have some kind of relationship with her and they had a clear unspoken language. Sure she'll tell him about it when or if she decides he doesn't give it another thought.

Following her in to the small room Freke quickly scouts it out, looking to see what, if anything could harm her. With the order's to strip, something he quickly learned was done the first time as a question, he removes his shirt with swift moves of his arms, than his pants and undergarments, and tosses it all off to the side. "Is there anything else you'd like me to do My Lady?" Keeping his arms louse at his side he waits for orders, or her to start twisting and turning his body parts, unsure what exactly she's looking for.
Freke
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on May 28th, 2017, 2:09 am

Kavala didn't know what to expect, but she was surprised. For one thing, he wasn't scarred and covered with signs of abuse that she'd come to expect from slaves. Secondly, that he immediately stripped contradicted her first thought upon seeing his flesh that he wasn't a slave. Who would do that without questioning her? How was he even certain she was a healer and not something else?

Kavala stalked closer to him. She was smaller, but the Konti was in a mood, the sort of dangerous mood that confronting the worst of society brought out in her. She reached out and touched his shoulder and then carefully moved around him, eyeing every inch of him looking for scars and signs he'd had a hard life. Her hand trailed where her eyes went, touching him so that her fingers and her gnosis could fill in information her eyes could not.

He was not hurt. He was not in pain. He was not even really scarred.

Really, there were none, though she had expected a body etched with a hard life of servitude. Sure, he had a few scars but so would anyone who was a full sized adult Kelvic. He looked thin, maybe even borderline ribby, but lean wasn't abused... it was just that he needed a few more meals. The Konti wondered if she over reacted then pulled the collar from where she tucked it into her belt.

Skin clean of scars didn't mean he wasn't a slave. He could have been kept for pleasure, rather than as a guard or fighter. She'd run into it before.

"What is this? Were you a slave?" She asked quietly, holding out the collar to him, still seeking answers after not finding what she was looking for etched on his bare skin. Momentarily Kavala felt shame she'd demanded that he stripped. Was she no better than those that owned others?

His emotions were chaotic and she couldn't get a bead on them. IF she knew him better or spent more time around him she could have seem what he was thinking if he was actually visualizing things in his mind. Instead she was just confused by the fear, submission, acceptance, and slight sense of a desire for something...

Kavala tilted her head. He was a beautiful creature. He'd be absolutely stunning with more weight on him and a chance for his muscles to get defined. She could appreciate him as a woman, but his attitude made him less than desirable. Kavala liked headstrong, willful, eager and intelligent. She brought all her warhorses up to be fearless. They had to be in order to do the job they were bred to do - fight for their lives and the lives of their riders.

Kelvics were different though. Some needed gentleness and kindness. Some had never lived a life without someone telling them what to do.

If Freke had answered her question, she'd have more to say. But until he did, she simply stepped closer, reached out, and gently scratched at his head like she would a pet.... down at the base of his skull just above the hairline.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to force you to strip and demand all these answers of you as if I were entitled to them. You simply seem so ... submissive. And it breaks my heart because Kelvics should not be collared and ordered around, let alone owned. I hate seeing it. I thought when I saw your flesh you'd be riddled with scars and signs of abuse. You aren't. At least if you were owned, someone didn't do that to you." She said softly.

Freke wouldn't have known, but once upon a time Kavala's body was littered with scars from an old captivity. "I was chained once. I was put in a wagon with iron walls and dragged away from everything I knew. I was beaten, repeatedly, and my body used without my permission. I wore an iron collar. I was lucky. I was rescued from it. Some folks never are. I thought you were one of those.... I'm sorry." She apologized again. Her skin was unmarred now, almost flawless. It was a gift from the Goddess Rak'keli who had migrated her scars to her back where they now formed a pattern that was incredibly meaningful to Kavala.

Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Freke on May 28th, 2017, 9:58 pm

As Kavala examines his body Freke doesn't move, keeping perfectly still he lets her do as she wishes. Realizing, from looking in the full body mirror, he was far to skinny, Freke decided he needed to pack on some more weight. If allowed he was going to start ordering more food to help get himself looking healthy again, after all no one wanted a scrawny sickly looking slave. With her walking around him Freke starts getting strong strange smells, while he did pick most of them up walking around Riverfall, but it was never this strong. The enclosed space wasn't letting them escape, and was starting to really bother his nose. After a couple chimes his eyes start trying to water, but he fought them off. Suddenly he get's hit with the scent of something else, it took him a bell to realize what it was, to process it with all the other scents filling the room. She was angry, what did he do this time? Getting nervous again Freke keeps running threw what he'd done in his mind, trying to figure it out. This woman was confusing him, she'd act sweet and kind to his face, but get angry suddenly, she seemed unpredictable. "Is this normal for her race?" he thought to himself.

When Kavala spoke Freke jumped, he was lost in his head and wasn't paying attention. Mentally kicking himself again Freke tried to force all these unneeded thoughts out of his head, he was a slave, these things do not matter to him, all he needed to focus on was to make his master happy, as soon as he go a new one. "That is my collar My Lady, and yes, I am a slave." He didn't sound ashamed of it, it was stated as if it was a matter of fact, like the color of the sky. Still focusing on what he could sniff out of her emotions. The farm smells still messing with him, and only getting stronger the longer they are there but he wouldn't give in easily, he was going to fight threw this and prove how strong he was. "My Lady you do not need to apologize. Every Kelvic I've ever met has never had a problem being naked. I feel no shame being naked, and it makes no difference to me if I strip here in front of you, or in the middle of the market with most of the city present."

Hearing her story Freke can't help but wonder if she was telling him the truth. He couldn't pick up on any deception so takes her at face value. "I'm sorry about that My Lady. My master told me I was his prized position. He cared for me, and did not abuse me. He had me go with him to some places as his body guard" His voice nostalgic Freke relaxes his posture some, not even realizing he's doing it. "Because I'm not a common he didn't want to risk me" he ads, not even realizing he's giving away something important about himself. He enjoyed her scratching his head, he couldn't remember anyone doing that to him before, leaning down to make it easier if she wished to do it again he talks quietly. "Do you wish anything else of me My Lady?"
Freke
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kavala on May 28th, 2017, 10:21 pm

His answers and his mindset broke her heart. This creature should be proud and free, willful and headstrong. He shouldn't be standing there complacent letting her do what she would to him. He shouldn't be allowing her hands on his body without question.

But in one way his words did answer one of her questions. He'd been a guard and valuable. All his answers were in past tense. Past tense. The Konti mused, her darker side rearing its ugly head even though her morals aligned differently.

"Who owns you now? I want you as my own. Are you for sale? I need to know what kind of Kelvic you are so I can judge what you would be worth." She said firmly. Kavala had purchased her niece and nephew to free them from slavery. To her, standing in front of this Kelvic she didn't want to leave him on the street, not like this, not when he could be exploited in Riverfall in a heartbeat. The least she could do was take him home, feed him up, and introduce him to how to not be a slave.

It might not be something he wanted, but she could at least ASK. "If that is, of course, something you'd like. I have no idea about your current situation." She said softly, hand still on his shoulder.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Freke on May 28th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Freke smiles,
he impressed her enough that she wanted to own him. He'll have a new master soon. Standing up Freke goes to his clothes and grabs a small bag from his pants, than walks back to Kavala and kneels before her. ["My owner sold me out of a fit of rage My Lady, than slavers who bought me met the Kuvay'Nas met them and killed them all. When they brought me back here they gave me this and released me in to the city. I currently do not have a master, if you wish to be my master than this is yours" He holds his coin purse up to her. "I apologize it's not more, I rented a room for the season, and bought myself some food" He hoped that she would not be to upset with him for this. He deliberately waits to answer the question about his wolf, suddenly getting nervous his mind starts racing again. After a long moment he pushes it to the side, she wants him, it's only right she knows. Placing the coin purse at her feet he slowly backs away. "I am a Wolf, a Talderian Wolf." His voice barley more than a whisper Freke tells her what he is, and before she can react he shifts, showing her it's true. Sitting there, in his wolf form, he turns his head away, and waits a response
Freke
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next