*Insert Creative Title Here*

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Exam Week

Postby Elin on May 21st, 2017, 3:11 pm

First things first
How pretty is this boxcode that Goss made me!!! I love it so much!

Now onto the main point
It's exam week this coming week, and I have exams on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, then after my exam on Friday, it's the end of year festival.

So, I'm likely to be very inactive this week
Apologies to everyone in advance.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Need help dealing with harassers

Postby Elin on June 1st, 2017, 5:22 pm

I need advice more than anything

Three years ago I got cyber bullied pretty badly, and this turned into in person bullying.
I recovered pretty quick, but since then, every three months or so the people responsible (well their old lackies) track down my accounts and start harassing me again

Currently they're on my YouTube, most notably my introduction video for Miz.
My partner told them to grow up and move on, but they seem incapable of it.

I'm getting so bored of them doing this, and ignoring them obviously doesn't work since every other time I ignored them.

Should I make a video addressing them? Should I just message their parents? Should I send them a handwritten letter?

I just need advice on how to get them to stop
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on June 1st, 2017, 5:55 pm

Hello Elin!

A friendly neighbor here, I haven't dealt with Cyber Bullying before, but I might have some solutions to your issues. First, I'd probably PM them about the situation, explain to them how immature they can be. Make sure, that you tell them in a semi-serious manner. Though, carry through with the seriousness, and tell them that you will contact the administrators of YouTube, about the harassment. If they keep it up, make sure you let YouTube know, but keep it subtle and tell them how you feel of course.

I don't know if you'll find this beneficial or not, but it would be how I'd deal with it. Because once you tell someone how immature and insincere they are, and that you don't find it funny, they need to grow up and make sure to stop doing what they're doing. Because, they're only doing it to get attention. It's really childish, and that sort of activity really needs to stop.

Pardon me for my rambles... :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Samuel Longwell on June 1st, 2017, 6:45 pm

I personally don't think they're worth your time. People like that are dirt and are a waste of space. Every time you see them re-emerge just block/report them. Don't dignify them with a response, they're beneath you and always will be. They're trying to get a rise out of you/ your partner. I advise you avoid giving it to them.

Edit: I know you've said ignoring them hasn't worked, but I'm not sure if these kind of people can be persuaded to stop easily.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dove Brown on June 1st, 2017, 6:59 pm

I'm sorry you're going through that.

Block them if possible, so that they can't poke at you. In my experience bullies rarely to never give up the first few times they're ignored, they keep pushing until they get a response, then they take that as proof of how much they need to push to get a response next time.

Also, if you push back, expect it to get worse before it gets better. There's a reaction called an extinction burst, where a bully doubles down on the nastiness to try and shove you back into reacting the way they expect you to react. Hang on and push through that, and it usually drops away.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Previous