PM to join Drawing Remedies

[Andral]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rohka on October 2nd, 2017, 11:22 pm

Late afternoon of the 23rd of Fall, 517 AV

Rohka picked up her mug and gulped it down, the freshness of the cool lake water soothing her tired throat. She’d been talking non-stop for too long. The candle at her table flickered, melting the wax further down its slender form, pooling at the bottom of the wooden plate. There was about a half a bell left until it burned out and completed her time. The sibyl stifled a yawn and picked up her quill with her unbroken hand—her other one still limp and numb in a sling—itching to materialize the images that formed and vanished repeatedly in her mind. She’d been wanting to draw something this entire day and hadn’t gotten the chance to do so. People had been coming in to see her, which was nice, and it meant that she was starting to make an impression. She could tell that Grayson was glad for the increase in customers too, with the way he’d started to talk,

“Oh that? She’s a fortune teller… Yea, I don’t care for it much myself, but it’s entertainment nonetheless… Oh, you just go up to her… Uh she’s doing it for free as long as you’re drinkin’ or eatin’ here. She says she can help you figure out how to get rich, too… Yea I know, it’s crazy.”

Rohka had never claimed that last part. For some reason, Grayson thought it would help entice patrons into staying longer. It did seem to pique people’s interest in her, though.

Her last partner waved goodbye, rushing out the door in front. Her table was right by the entrance to make it easy for people to see her when they came in, and to leave quickly if they needed to, in case things got emotional. The redheaded Svefra though was apparently just late for work at the Docks, and was excited to apply her new insights to her coworkers. They’d talked for more than a bell about her life and her dreams and Roh was glad to have helped in some small way.

Truthfully however, the entire time she’d talked to the woman, Rohka felt kind of… alone. She thought it was a silly thing to feel, especially knowing that she had people to chat with if she wanted to - Vanessa, Grayson, Lelia, to name a few - but it was an oddly empty feeling that she couldn’t allow herself to find words to analyze. She put down her pen and quickly shuffled her deck with her one good hand, cutting it into threes and stacking them on top of each other for a good twenty or so ticks. It was harder to shuffle the deck with just one hand, but she’d made it work, despite the longer process. The sibyl then picked up the top card, flipped it over, and asked the Gods why it was that she was feeling this way.

In her palm was a fire card with a knight atop a rearing horse. Whispers of the words ‘impatient’, ‘adventure’, ‘action’ came rushing through her spirit, reassuring her that it was a feeling that she needn’t worry about. If she wanted to bring more into her life, she needed to create it—and if that meant trying new ways to create adventure and friendship in her life, so be it.

Just then, a man yelled from outside the door. She couldn’t see who it was or what was happening,

“Oi watch where you’re going, shykehead!”
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Drawing Remedies

Postby Andral Mydrafi on October 3rd, 2017, 3:56 am

Q

Drawing Remedies

Q

Ah. The Malt House

Subsisting on pickled fish for the last few days had its toll on his stomach.
Maybe he should get a real meal.

He had avoided taverns and bars for almost his entire stay. Something about the way some of the patrons would look at him after they've had one too many drinks. In his hooded brown cloak, his simple tunic and his black pants and leather boots, he was in a stark contrast to the urban design of the average Ravokian's clothing choices.
His clothes screamed 'OUTSIDER!!', as if he was trekking through the wildlands and not the relatively peaceful city of Ravok.

Bracing himself for 'the Stare' he made his way to the bar and-
Oof!

'Oi, watch where you're going shykehead!'

Andral opened his eyes and saw that he had walked right into someone and had fallen down.

Getting up, he patted the dust from his clothes and apologised.
'Im so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was walking'
Grunting, the man left the bar.

Andral walked in and, thanks to the scene outside, alot of eyes were on him.
He forced himself to sit down on the nearest seat before his anxiety made him walk back out again.

'What a great start to the day'
He mumbled to himself, looking down at his feet.

He hoped that by sitting here long enough most of the patrons will stop looking at him.

But when he looked up from his feet, he realised that this table was already occupied by another person.
Someone holding a card that looked like a Knight atop a Horse. Was she a fortune teller?

'Oh. Uhm. Sorry. Ill be-'
He placed his hands on the table, as if to pull himself up to leave, but when he looked over his shoulder and saw the patrons, he immediately hesitated.

He'd look weird to get up and change seats now. Maybe he should just pretend like he wanted to sit here.

'...uh. So you're a fortune teller huh?'

Q
I bet Projection is really handy when you need to scratch your back but you can't reach.
(Boxart is an edited veraion of Karin's free boxcodes. Credit where credit is due)
Andral Mydrafi
Player

Words: 18932
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2017, 6:44 am
Character sheet

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rohka on October 12th, 2017, 12:44 am

“I am.”

Her reply was strong, almost deeper than her usual voice. She took pride in the title, and it showed through the haughty smile on her lips. The sibyl had no way to judge whether this man asked his question with respect or disdain—she intended to find out.

He sat before her in simple clothes and an odd air of uncertainty, though for what reason, she couldn’t tell. There was no reason to apologize for sitting down, of all things. But it seemed like he’d been the cause of the commotion that had happened outside the bar, so perhaps he’d carried that guilt—again, the question of ‘why’ still lingered. Was it not an accident? Why did he now wish to stay, after looking over his shoulder? She looked passed him and only saw men, half-drunk men, laughing, enjoying their time, looking over at her table and shaking their heads. It wasn’t much.

Rohka gently cleared her throat and offered a nod, sweeping the air with the card she’d held in her hand. “Welcome to my table,” she said, smiling. “Grab a drink and I’d be happy to tell your fortune.”

She put down her card and grabbed her own mug, taking a sip as she looked him over. Disheveled hair, dark eyes like her own, and young. He seemed close to her in age. Youthful.

She caught herself staring a bit too long and averted her gaze, taking another sip of lake water. It had become habitual now, this odd process of analyzing potential partners. She’d almost forgotten her manners. Her social pleasantries. But of course, if he wanted a fortune he would have to pay, like anyone else, through the Malt House, by drinks or food. Her service was free so long as Grayson got his business. The sibyl occasionally needed to remind her partners that they were first patrons of the House, but they usually got the hint pretty quick.

If he didn’t, she’d let him know. And if he didn’t want to pay, then…

She paused her stream of thought. Usually, this was where the sibyl would be resolved to drive a stranger away, if they refused to buy from the House. Today, however, she’d drawn the card—the Knight atop a Horse. Rohka took his arrival as a sign from the Gods. Today, she’d rather he stayed.

“So,” she put her mug down and propped her elbow up on the cerulean silk, leaning forward to rest her chin on her fist. The movement made her wince a bit when the wooden splint on her other arm lightly knocked against the table. Roh carried on without waiting for him to make a decision. “Do you have a name? A story? A wish?” The sibyl ignored her pain and grinned.

She hated how difficult her broken arm had made her job, but she swore that she wouldn’t let it stop her from doing it. Bones heal. It would just take time, is all. The thought of waiting was maddening—Rohka was never one for patience—so she’d just sunk herself in finding ways to continue to work, to do what she loved, and to avoid thinking of her useless right arm. It had been her dominant arm, too; the one she used to write with. She’d had to practise writing and drawing with her left hand, and it was shyke. Looked like chicken scratch. As annoying as it was, she had to try. She had to get better.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Drawing Remedies

Postby Andral Mydrafi on October 20th, 2017, 5:31 am

Q

Q

Andral nodded and waved at one of the attendants for a mug of ale.

As the mug came, Andral fidgeted with the handle before taking a timid sip.
Ooh. Strong taste. Need to get used to it though.

He looked up and saw the Fortune Teller avert her gaze to the side. Had she been....staring?
He tilted his head questioningly and watched her take a sip of her drink.
Her right arm was in a cast, so she was using her left to drink. Andral wondered if it was difficult at all and shifted his mug's handle to his left hand, lifting it experimentally. Eh, a bit tricky.

'So'
Andral winced as her broken arm knocked against the table lightly. He was constantly aware of people's injuries, from his experience in treating patients with his mentor. As a result, he'd wince whenever he saw something particularly painful. He hated seeing people in pain.
'Do you have a name? A story? A wish?'

Andral blinked. Twice.
'Uhm. My name is Andral Mydrafi.
Er, as far as stories go, I don't have a very interesting story. I spent most of my life in isolation, training with my mentor. I recently left to find my own path in life.

In essence, I guess I wish to find something to wish for. I have little knowledge of the outside world, and how to fit in. How someone like me can even begin to influence this world, that is a question I came here to answer.'

Andral looked extremely distant as he said the last part. He'd known for long that he was different from other folk, he wasn't as exposed to the world as even the most sheltered child could be.
But saying it out loud made it hit him like a brick. He had no past and hoped for no future. Was there anything in Ravok that could help with that?

He blinked, coming back to the real world.
'Oh. And uh, what is your name?'
Andral took a larger, less timid sip of his drink.
Man, these things are really good to drown out embarassment.

Q
I bet Projection is really handy when you need to scratch your back but you can't reach.
(Boxart is an edited veraion of Karin's free boxcodes. Credit where credit is due)
Andral Mydrafi
Player

Character sheet

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rohka on October 23rd, 2017, 4:16 am

The moment before she’d asked her questions, Roh caught the switch of his mug, and the look of pain that followed her own. She barely processed the seemingly empathic intent behind his actions before he’d introduced himself and provided an answer. Rohka nodded along attentively, her interest in his particular history piquing the web of curiosity in her spirit, slowly beginning to weave together the reasons for his behaviour earlier. To live in isolation wasn’t quite something the sibyl was familiar with—she assumed that his awkward and uncertain apology may have stemmed from such an experience. Yet, his reason for leaving made complete sense, and it connected with her immediately.

Rohka had done the same. Her circumstances were different, but the calling to forge her own way was something she could never resist. It was almost comforting to hear someone else feel the same way. The sibyl smiled and continued to listen, a bit of surprise crossing her face when she heard his wish. Once again, he’d managed to mention something she too was struggling to face; she’d lived in Ravok all her life, and yet she still felt as if she barely made a dent in the world. It didn’t matter that her family was well known as the drivers of one of the most important industries of the city—she, Rohka Calico, currently held zero influence. That was a fact.

It seemed like they’d both gotten lost in thought for a moment before being brought back by formalities,

“Rohka. Just Rohka,” she said, with a gentle nod. The sibyl paused for a tick while she considered whether she’d bring up her own past or not. He casually drank from his mug in the meantime, which she was pleased that he’d ordered. It meant they could start immediately.

“Your reason for leaving and your wish for a meaningful search are both more common than you might think, which actually makes a reading mundane, believe it or not,” she grinned, her tone a mix of sincerity and stonewalling. “Any answers you wish to find will be simple and vague at best, with what you’ve said so far, Mr. Mydrafi,” Her hand absentmindedly went to her deck as her dark eyes stayed fixed on the young man. Rohka made it a habit to address her partners with respect if they gave her their last name. She felt it was the professional thing to do, especially at the beginning.

The sibyl placed the stack of cards between them and kept her gaze on the table. Her arm was no longer a bother. She seemed to lose herself in careful consideration as she spoke to the man before her,

“Influencing this world takes effort and time. I don’t need my cards to tell you that. The direction of your effort is what needs to be considered, Mr. Mydrafi. I will help you find direction, if you so desire. All I need from you are two things,” the sybil picked up the first card from the deck, and laid it face down. “First, ask yourself what you desire to discover about your time in isolation. Anything you wish to gain insight about, be it a specific event, your relationship with your mentor, or a difficult choice, for examples.” She tapped a finger on the stack, her eyes half-closed, seeking for the words that flowed most naturally from her being. “Second, ask yourself what you desire to know about your abilities. Anything you seek to nourish, to create...” the sibyl paused and picked up another card, laying it face down below the other, the feeling of the words she wanted to use coming into her mind and ridding the pain in her arm for a moment before she was able to express herself.

“…or abilities you seek to recover.”

Rohka opened her eyes fully and looked up at the young man, the corners of her lips curling in the beginnings of her joy. This process was always a rush for her. She never knew where her readings would take her spirit, what method she’d be inspired to take. This time, she’d been internally guided to do a mirror spread: his and hers, left and right, past and present for the both of them combined. She’d asked him the things that she knew she would be asking herself. Roh thought of her family as her mentors. Having left home a few years ago, she’d always thought that she’d been certain about what her relationship was like with them. This time, she’d let the cards tell her. As for her abilities, it was only recently that she’d begun to think about what she was good at—the abilities that she could not only survive off of, but also thrive while developing them.

The cards on the table were more for herself, but would have to be read alongside two others. Two that he would have to pick on his own.

“So, what would you like to know? Tell me as you pick your cards from this deck. They’ve already been shuffled, but feel free to shuffle them however you like, and then choose any two. Place them face up beside mine, and then I’ll flip these over.”

It wasn’t always that she let her partners shuffle the deck. There were those who were mistrustful, and then those who liked to play with fate and choose the cards they liked. The young man had given her a vibe of uncertainty when he’d entered, so she’d resolved to let him shuffle and pick. If she gave her deck over, she never told her partners to not look at the cards—they were free to choose as they pleased. Through Lelia’s training, the sibyl had come to find that even the cards chosen by will were cards that held potent information.

She swiftly picked up the peacock quill and dipped it in the ink vial as preparation. Rohka intended to write down his choice, despite her faulty handedness. This was his first time with her, and all of her first timers always got themselves a piece of her writing to remember their first reading. Usually, their slip of parchment would look far more detailed than whatever she would be capable of today; but Rohka would not let her arm prevent her from her custom.

Andral Mydrafi would be given a piece of her work—even if it looked like shyke.

OOCVoila! You can make up anything for the cards - feel free to stir up trouble of any kind :D The deck is loosely-based on the Raider-Waite one, but the symbols can truly be whatever you prefer. I can work off of any image you provide :)
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Drawing Remedies

Postby Andral Mydrafi on October 24th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Q

Q

" Your reason for leaving and your wish for a meaningful search are both more common than you might think, which actually makes a reading mundane, believe it or not"

"Any answers you wish to find will be simple and vague at best, with what you’ve said so far, Mr. Mydrafi"

Mr. Mydrafi. What a dignified way to call himself.
Mr. Mydrafi....
"Hello, I am Mr. Mydrafi." He imagined himself in one of those fancy clothes that the rich townsfolk tend to wear, standing outside his mansion as he greeted his friends.

Friends....
His eyes refocused on the woman, Rohka, and realised this was the first real conversation he's ever had in the city. Does this count as progress?
He'd found himself hoping that this fortune telling session wouldn't be the last time he met her. Friends are hard to come by, especially in his case.

" Influencing this world takes effort and time. I don’t need my cards to tell you that. The direction of your effort is what needs to be considered, Mr. Mydrafi. I will help you find direction, if you so desire. All I need from you are two things"

He watched as she placed the first card face down. Rohka's tone had a rather ominous feel to it, which made him rather tense. A good kind of tension, more of an anticipation.

"First, ask yourself what you desire to discover about your time in isolation. Anything you wish to gain insight about, be it a specific event, your relationship with your mentor, or a difficult choice, for examples."

Andral immediately drew a blank.
Despite, having spent 22 years in isolation, those years seemed to be a blur, especially compared to his time in Ravok.
What do I want to know about my isolation?
What should I want to know about my isolation?
The only thing that he remembered was the countless hours he spent training his Projection skill. The days he spent easing out and easing in his astral limbs, lifting small rocks and pushing twigs.
What was it all for then?
He was in Ravok now. What good was his projection here? What should he do with it?
Projection was more or less a way to keep him occupied. But he hadn't yet advanced enough to find any use for it.

" Second, ask yourself what you desire to know about your abilities. Anything you seek to nourish, to create..."
"... or abilities you seek to recover"

Quite frankly, only one thing came to mind. Survival.
More accurately, How to survive in the outside world, to make friends, to make a difference. To live a life worth living.
Any ability that could help with this, would be one he would set his sights for.

" So, what would you like to know? Tell me as you pick your cards from this deck. They’ve already been shuffled, but feel free to shuffle them however you like, and then choose any two. Place them face up beside mine, and then I’ll flip these over."

Mine?What did she mean by-
He looked at the two cards face-down on the table, his brows scrunched up in obvious confusion.
Were those for her? Why was she reading her own fortune?

Andral picked up the deck, and tried to shuffle it. He clumsily almost dropped it a few times, spilling two cards on the table.

"Uh. I guess I'll take these two.
He cleared his throat, in order to hide his embarassment. How did she do that with a broken arm, when he couldn't even manage it with both his hands?

"For the time I spent in Isolation...I chose to ask how much use my...um...powers are, now that Im in Ravok. Are they ever going to be of use to me?"
His voice turned into a whisper as he said the word powers, as he peeked a glance to the side, hoping he handn't attracted anyone's attention.
It was hard enough making friends when people didn't know you had the ability to punch them with invisible arms. Not that he would, but his mentor had already warned him, people are always afraid of power, regardless of the kindness of its wielder.

"A-As for the second question. I seek to gain the abilities I need to live a full life in the outside world. I have missed much in the past 22 years. I have no friends, no influence and little knowledge of this world.
I seek to rectify that, by any means neccessary.

Its a very generic wish I guess....but...it's something I have wanted every day for the past 22 years. To finally have a chance at that is...
...it's quite something for me."

He pushed the two cards, sliding them accross the table, lining them up next to Rohka's cards.

"By the way.
Why did you place two cards of your own?"

OOCFor the card about his Isolation, and thus his question about Projection, I'd like the 1st card.
The Magician.
Not only is it appropriate to the plot Im trying to develop for my character, it is also technically the 23rd card, since the tarot deck rotates. And as I said before, 23 is my lucky number :3.
For the card about his abilities, I'd like a special symbol, one that I used in my occasional dabbling of the occult in th past. I call it 'Voracity'.
It looks like a pair of jaws, with 3 upper teeth and 2 lower teeth. It symbolises hunger for desires, pure instinctive power, and emotional force. It is in direct contrast to Andral's current naive, happy-go-lucky state. I intend to have Andral go through alot of mental changes, becoming more and more like a grizzled mercenary as he faces the price of his desires.

Q
Last edited by Andral Mydrafi on November 9th, 2017, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andral Mydrafi
Player

Character sheet

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rohka on November 8th, 2017, 4:33 am

Rohka grinned as the two cards fell out of his hands and onto the table. She wasn’t sure why she enjoyed seeing the young man’s face turn slightly pink in what seemed like embarrassment.

“Gods, you’re terrible at that.”

Her frankness was purely an observation; there was nothing in her tone that voiced disdain or arrogance. She’d said it softly while shaking her head with a smile and wasn’t sure if he’d heard her, since he’d went on to answer her questions. The answer struck a chord of fear within her and she sat silently, her eyes falling to the back of the his cards, avoiding his gaze and missing his furtive glance. ‘Powers’ was far too vague, much too strange, incredibly concerning. The sibyl wasn’t sure what to think—was he a sorcerer? A foreign warlock? What type of ‘uses’ did he have for his so-called ‘powers’? There wasn’t anything that Rohka could truly have confidence to ask until she flipped the godsdarn cards. The mystery of his ‘isolation’ both intrigued at frightened her, knowing that whatever made him lose his ‘full life’ must have been evil. There was no question about it. Roh couldn’t imagine there being anything good about living an empty life. No friends? Little knowledge of ‘this world’? What in the world had to happen for this man to miss out on so much?!

A part of her felt angry. It just didn’t feel right, whatever Andral was referring to. She was mad at whatever it was that made him want to ‘rectify’ his life. Mad at the world for confining his spirit, for having him wanting for something so simple, a fulfilment that should have been his right! What took that away from him?

Better yet, why was it taken from him…?

The sibyl was too quick to assume that all this wasn’t Andral’s fault. To believe that he wasn’t somehow responsible for his own fate, or for developing whatever ‘powers’ he now seeks to use in Ravok. The thought made Roh worry and she couldn’t take it anymore—she reached out impulsively and flipped over all four of the cards:

Everything was reversed. A fire card and a water card for herself, the magician and… ah.

“Shyke,” she whispered, looking at the last card. Rohka blushed at her unprofessionalism, but she couldn’t help it. This was one of her favourite cards. She didn’t like admitting it—no one knew—not even Lelia, after her countless bells of training on this deck. The sibyl cleared her throat quietly and took another gulp of water from her mug, closing her eyes and letting Rhysol’s clean, clear lake liquid pour through her body and soul, allowing herself to be centered. She placed the mug back down and stared straight in to the stranger’s eyes.

“Thank you, Mr. Mydrafi,” she smiled lightly, allowing the images and symbolism to percolate in her mind’s eye. “There is nothing to fear.” A trite line that she told all of her partners, no matter the circumstances, purely to put them at ease. Rohka picked up her quill with her good hand and began to etch simple figures on the piece of parchment before her. “To answer your question,” she began, keeping her eyes on the parchment. “Yes, I placed these two cards first to add to your reading. I call this a Mirror Spread. You’ll get a two-part answer to your questions, and the answers will reflect the message of both of our paths, since I’ve contributed my spirit to selecting these cards. Allow it to be nothing but suggestions, if you wish, since these two weren’t chosen by yourself. Ready?” She looked back up at Andral, her face radiant with excitement. Everything she’d said was the truth, despite the way she’d said it. There was no need for her to go into details about the reasons for why she chose this particular method. He was free to ask, of course, and she would always be honest about her intentions, as she was just now… but details? For now, entirely unnecessary.

As she’d spoken, she looked back and forth between the four cards, taking in the pieces and attempting to recreate the simplest versions of them. Her hand gripped the quill and carefully, slowly, effortfully sketched out a stick man with a stick in his hand for a wand, a stick woman who looked the same as the man but with extra lines for hair, and five triangles that looked like teeth—three above, two below.

Roh hadn’t waited for Andral. She continued on with her reading as she watched him, noting for any sign of confusion or quandary.

“Mr. Mydrafi, you are so close to being able to use your, um,” she hesitated only briefly, blinking in an effort to stay focused. “Your powers. The fire card with the man holding his wand dejectedly in the midst of other wands purely tells me that you are seeking inspiration, yet you must learn to maintain boundaries. There is a sense of not being supported here, or having to learn the hard way, but Mr. Mydrafi, when you pair this card with the one you picked,” Rohka pointed to the magician. “We see that you have great potential to achieve your goals with your powers, whatever those goals may be, but this reversal here is saying that your powers will only be of use if you prioritize the things that will help you achieve what you want. For that, you must know what you want. It could also mean that your powers have the potential to be used for questionable purposes, but that will all depend on your intentions.”

Rohka took a breath and shifted her gaze, a bit uncomfortable to speak about the next part, so with her eyes downcast on the parchment and her hand dipping into the ink to make a couple notes, she continued to speak, refusing to look up.

“For the last two cards Mr. Mydrafi, we have the queen of cups here, as the answer I’ve chosen. This water card is simply saying that the abilities necessary to live a full life are compassion, independence, and security. There’s um,” she paused and blinked again, speaking faster through the next part. “There’s also the possible suggestion of nourishing your sexuality, seeing as how this reversal is a sign of rigidity, but it could also just be advice to increase the flow of creativity.” It wouldn’t be hard to see the smirk beneath her hidden eyes.

The queen and the dejected man were her own. They did indeed reflect the answers of the path of her past, but she kept this to herself, since this reading was to focus on Andral. The man told her that she’d left her family, her mentors, because she refused to handle so many responsibilities when she lacked competence. Roh needed to learn the hard way as well; she needed to come out here, create and maintain boundaries in order to become inspired and build the skills she desired. As for the queen… surely it meant that she needed to nurture compassion. It couldn’t mean that she needed to develop her sexuality. Nope. Probability just a creativity thing as well.

Rohka breathed in slowly and exhaled with a huff, looking up at her partner once more. This part was easier. This part would be fun:

“And last but not least, the jaws. You’re hungry, Mr. Mydrafi. You desire to consume your abilities and transform it into instinctive, fuelled action. There’s a force within you, emotional, devouring, almost insatiable.” The sibyl’s shimmering stare attempted to hold back her joy, her laughter, her utter adoration for this card that he’d chosen. She grinned. “Don’t stop until you’re full.”

Rohka pushed her finished scrap towards the man and waited.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Drawing Remedies

Postby Andral Mydrafi on November 9th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Q

Andral leaves the Tavern

Q

..."Don't stop until you're full"

Something stirred in Andral.
The entire time Rohka spoke, Andral had been listening with rapt attention, eyes slightly unfocused, as if ruminating on every word she spoke.
And it stirred something in his soul.

He'd been definitely seeking inspiration, a sort of a purpose in the outside world. And he'd definitely had a hard time adjusting so far.
Compassion, Independance, security. They all sort of made sense, he'd hoped for a life filled with Compassion, independence and security. Simple as it may be, it was nonetheless a good start for a life.
He'd certainly need more creativity more than ever, if he were to ever get there.
As for sexuality.....even if it were just a possible alternative answer, it was still not quite untrue.
Heh.

But the idea of his powers having the potential to realise his goals, the insatiable force in his soul, it definitely intrigued him.

After a few long moments of silently thinking, Andral stood up from the table, suddenly not so shy of strangers anymore.
His heart raced a little bit as the pieces of the puzzle clicked in his mind.
He'd always assumed that since he'd never needed to use his powers in Ravok, his powers were useless.
This was not true. He'd simply never considered getting into situations where his powers would be of use.

He didn't have all the pieces yet, he didn't know how he'd use his powers.
But he was determined to do so.

Fixing his eyes back to Rohka, Andral smiled a little and said:
"I think I know what to do next. Its not perfectly clear, but I think its less foggy now. Thank you, Rohka. This was rather enlightning for me."

Andral turned to leave, stopping briefly

"You said I have the potential to realise my goals with my power."

He turned a little to face Rohka
"One of my goals is to make friends, and help them to the best of my ability. In that manner, sooner or later, I will gain the strength to shift the world through the many allies I make.

So if you ever read something you want to see in those cards of yours, tell me, and I'll do my best to make it happen.

Like you said, I intend to be as insatiable as I can be. To reach as high as I can."

Andral hoped that his speech was as impressive to hear as it was in his mind.
It was similar to what alot of the heroes in books would say.
Secretly, he'd hoped to become one himself, but even he knew that it was a far fetched dream for now.

He gave Rohka a small wave as he turned and walked out the door.

It was time he stretched out those Astral limbs of his.
He wasn't too far from being strong enough to match a physical arm.
Maybe being a hero wasn't a pipe dream after all, he'd hoped.

His stomach rumbled. Andral was confused
Didn't he enter the tavern for some food?
Well. Uh...
Shyke...he'd forgotten again, hadn't he?

Q
Andral Mydrafi
Player

Character sheet

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rohka on November 21st, 2017, 2:09 am

This was what she loved. Inspiring action, hope, and faith.

Rohka gave the young man a small nod at his gratitude as her heart bloomed with pride; he hadn’t corrected her, he hadn’t gotten upset, and he hadn’t even held a single look of doubt. “Less foggy”, he’d said. That was all she wanted.

The sibyl held up her mug in silent cheers as Andral waved and left the House. She noticed too late that he hadn’t picked up her sheet of parchment - the one she made specifically for him, with her simple drawings, made with great difficulty. Frowning, she reached out and pulled the piece back, staring at the rudimentary shapes before glancing back to the stub of her candle. Why hadn’t he taken it? It could have just been that he’d forgotten… or perhaps it hadn’t impressed him. It was probably more that she wasn’t explicit about it. He’d seemed roused by her words more than her general demeanour, so it made sense that he wouldn’t have picked up on her gesture.

With a sigh, Rohka picked up her quill, dipping it in the ink and awkwardly sketching upon the parchment yet again. There was no telling when she would ever truly meet this man a second time within the city. How could she? He hadn’t told her exactly where they could see each other, or what ‘reaching high’ meant to him.

Did he want to serve Rhysol? That had to be the only answer — there wasn’t anything higher than their lord and saviour.

The thought made her smile as she continued to improve upon her tiny drawing. She added a crown to the woman, carefully making several pointy triangles to encircle the Queen’s head. She then drew on little stars around the magician, some of which turned out to look more like little blobs than the sparks of power that she’d envisioned. Soon, the candle began to flicker as it reached its end; her time was complete, and so was her little sliver of art.

Roh blew over the ink to help it dry, then blew out the candle. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, a gentle smile resting on her lips as she inwardly prayed:

Goodnight, Andral Mydrafi. By Rhysol’s grace, I pray we meet again, in good spirits. May God Bless You.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Drawing Remedies

Postby Rook on April 5th, 2018, 2:59 am

Your grades are here!

Rohka

Your expenses aren’t paid for Fall of 517! Once you’ve updated your ledger, send me a pm and I’ll get you your grade!

Andral Mydrafi

Your expenses aren’t paid for Fall of 517! Once you’ve updated your ledger, send me a pm and I’ll get you your grade!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grading request in the queue, and PM me if you have any questions or concerns!
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Next