Closed Old Friends, New Adventures(Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Old Friends, New Adventures(Jade)

Postby Garland on January 13th, 2018, 4:39 am

Garland watched Jade put the little shelled creature down on the sand, it seemed adamant about staying on but eventually it let go and scampered off back into the sand.

A little smile formed on Garland's face, Phobos seemed to remember things better than both him and Aneka combined. He was always the smart, he didn't know where he got it from.

Garland watched as the three of them rushed off, running along the sand, the twins chasing after Dina will all their speed, laughing and smiling as they did. This was nice, this was peaceful, he was sure the twins wouldn't have liked Syliras, they prefer the open air and seas by the looks of it.

Garland held on to Ilia and smiled. "Do you want to run? I can hold Ilu for a bit." He said to the shy and frankly somewhat traumatized girl. Garland took the little baby girl in his arms and pressed his face on the baby's cheek, giving her a little kiss.

Ilia just shook her head, and held on tighter. "No, I'm okay." She said softly and looked over to Jade. "She's pretty." She said with a tilt of her head. "Is she your special someone?"

Garland coughed and turned around to Ilia. "W-What? Where did you get that idea, dear?" He asked, flabbergasted and blushing lightly. "You've been told too many romantic bed time stories." Garland tussled Ilia's hair and smiled at Jade. "Kids, huh?"

Garland saw the Dina get rushed to the ground and get covered by big dog licks and kissees, Aneka didn't stop and planted her face and body on the furry dog body, Phobos on the other hand, started running back to Garland.

It seemed like the twins thought Dina was in trouble, Aneka had climbed up on Trayon and was tugging very hard on his fur, while Phobos had a surprised and worried look on his face.

He pointed and jumped at Trayon, not being able to find the words to express his surprise. "Umm... Jade, can you get Aneka off the dog before she hurts herself, I got my hands full here."

Garland said, he needed to keep an eye on Aneka more, she has little to no self-preservation instinct sometimes, and that had led to some... interesting stories from their grandfather.

Ilia looked just as worried, but not panicky like Phobos. Aneka fell off the dog and continued on her little toddler attack, although not very effective, she was trying her hardest to 'rescue' Dina.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on January 15th, 2018, 2:16 am

Jade smiled and walked beside Garland watching the children as they ran ahead. She looked over at the young girl as the man took the baby. The little one seemed very nervous to be away from him. Looking ahead she was not paying much attention to Ilia. The child stared at the girl as they got closer to the females home. Jade missed a step when the little one asked if she was Garland's special someone. A bright blush appeared on her face when he stumbled trying to answer her. Clearing her voice some the woman giggled gently.

“Yes, they say the craziest things don't they?” Jade asked with a smile the blush still evident on her face.

Looking forward when the twins squealed, the blond burst into a fit of laughter seeing Aneka trying to “help” Dina. Doubling over the girl could not control the laughter that racked her body. Every time she looked up another fit of laughter spilled out of her. Coughing, the girl tried to calm down and function in order to help poor Trayon. The child laughed as well hearing the other little girl trying to pull the large black dog off her. Finally able to get a breath, Jade walked over and picked Aneka up and held on to her.

“Easy spit fire. Watch this. Trayon sit,” Jade stated.

The dog whined but backed off from Dina and sat down looking up at his people. Putting a hand out, she helped the child up before walking over and loving as the large shadow dog. Jade smiled and bounced Aneka on her hip making the child laugh and hold on to her arm tightly. Patting her side, the blond pressed the animal's nose to her hip. Then she walked up to the bungalow, Trayon barked and trotted right behind her, and Dina skipped beside her.

“Ugh come on let's get inside this heat is ridiculous. Oh and please excuse the mess I was working on some bowls the other day,” Jade said while opening the door.

She put down Aneka after the child had calmed down and went back to being giggly. Dina ran over the couch and jumped on it with a sigh. The drykas shook her head and walked over to the hearth and decided to make a fire outside on the beach instead of heating up the bungalow.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on January 16th, 2018, 6:13 am

"Are you blushing? That's adorable." Garland said with a grin. "Kids just have such active imaginations don't they?" Garland shook his head and looked over to the little toddler trying to take on a giant dog

Garland just smiled when Jade started laughing at Aneka, it was cute, but Aneka is probably confused and worried. The rest of them walked up to the big dog, Ilia, looking cautiously at him. Phobos was curious but was also more worried about Dina, of course Trayon was just playing but still, he didn't like small kiddies near big dogs.

"Do you know what that is, Phobos?" Garland said and looked at the little boy shake his head. "That's a dog, I forgot his name, but I was there when your aunt Jade bought him. He was a little puppy back then, but he was quite energetic. Like your sister now that I think about it."

As if on cue Aneka started clinging on Jade, laughing and giggling while holding on to the blond. "Spit!" Aneka yelled back when she heard the little nickname Jade gave her and spat on the ground.

When were finally inside Jade's home Garland gave Ilu to Ilia and then practically collapsed on the ground. "I feel like I made a pond of sweat in my boots..." He said. "I hate heat sometimes..."

Garland started just unstrapping and undoing the straps on his armor. The kids just looked at him, sweating and being baked inside his own armor. Aneka being the child that she is had a basic thought.

Water = cold, spit = water, and thus Aneka spat on Garland's face. "Oi!"

Then Aneka scampered off to Jade, hiding behind her leg, giggling as she did. Garland stood back up and wiped off the sweat and spit on his face before undoing and removing all of his armor, taking off his Gambeson and laying down on the couch, shirtless and sweating up a flood.

"Is it always this hot here?" Ilia and Phobos, along with the slumbering Ilu, looked at Trayon, Phobos has never seen a dog before but Ilia has probably seen a dog before, but not a shadow dog, and was just as curious as Phobos was.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on January 18th, 2018, 8:09 am

Jade hummed while working on some sausage to put in a pot with rice once it was ready. She had filled the pot up the night before with some water from the ocean. The girl had boiled it till the taste of salt was out and then let it cool over night. Counting how many people were there, she used a cup to pour water into the bottom of one of her smaller pans while humming. She had always enjoyed cooking while in Endrykas. Her people made time at the end of the day to sit down and eat together no matter what had gone on during the day.

“His name is Trayon. He is a Bozderon Shadow Dog,” Jade explained.

She looked over at the children as they watched the dog. He whined and curled up in a corner flopping over panting from the heat. Dina ran into where the bed was and began digging through the chest looking for her dolls to play with. Looking girl narrowed her eyes some watching her knowing good well that she was going to make a mess. Turning around, the girl moved around the kitchen while Garland got comfortable.

“Dina, get your butt right back in there and clean up the mess you made,” Jade chided hearing her come skipping out.

“Aw! But mom we have company,” Dina pouted.

Jade's movements stilled as she slowly turned and looked at the child. The little one swallowed and raced back in the room knowing that look. Nodding the woman went back to preparing the meal fixings. The man finally seemed to get comfortable just in time for Aneka to spit in his face and run behind Jade's legs laughing. The blond burst into laughter trying to control herself knowing full well a monster had been created.

“I-I-Im sorry!” Jade said while trying to catch her breath a stop laughing. She picked the girl up and sat her down gently on the counter and cleared her voice, “Aneka, you can't spit on daddy its not nice. Understood?”

The child pouted seeing the stern look on Jade's face. The mother knew she was just having fun, but the last thing her father needed was Aneka spitting on some burly sailor and getting hurt. The little one nodded yes and was returned to the floor. She giggled and ran over to Trayon and started climbing on him. The dog huffed and just laid there not bothered by her. The girl was glad that he was even tempered when it came to children. Dina had certainly given him plenty of trouble when she was still young.

“I am going to start the fire outside,” Jade said when her daughter bounced over, “want to join me, Gar? Or would you rather stay inside out of the sun?”

She moved everything back away from the edge where the tinies could not reach anything sharp or edible and cleaned off her hands. She turned to talk to the man awhile taking a quick glance and nodding her approval for Dina to go play.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on January 20th, 2018, 7:02 am

Garland wiped off more of his sweat and looked outside, a soft breeze shaking the few palm trees in sight. "I'll help you with the cooking, I'm not very good though, the last time I cooked involved some weird soup that was probably inedible. I know how to make Griddlecakes though." Garland said with a smile and stood up from his seat.

"Kids, be good, me and Aunt Jade are just going to cook outside. Ilia, I won't be long, okay?" He bent down and kissed the little girl on the cheek. "If you need anything, just yell, okay?"

Little Ilu made a little grunting sound as she looked up to her father and yawned. "I think Ilu is sleepy." He kissed Ilu and took out a waterskin filled with milk and the tip tied with a piece of thin cloth.

"You remember how to feed Ilu, right Ilia?" He asked and the little girl nodded. "After she falls asleep, you can put her on the couch and you can go play with the others." Ilia was too young to have this much responsibility, but she was the eldest and in truth, Garland needed all the help he could get.

Garland poke Ilia's cheek when she looked away and smiled. "I love you, Ilia. I'm proud of you for staying so strong." This made Ilia smile and nod back.

Meanwhile Aneka was on top of Trayon's head, looking at the big dog's eyes. Aneka just looked at the dog before sliding off the fur and falling off. "Land seal!" She said and giggled to herself.

"Seals are just water dogs." Garland replied before following Jade outside. The sun wasn't so bad now that Garland wasn't baking in his own armor, the breeze was nice and the sound of the ocean was quite calming.

After he was out of sight from the kids, Garland sighed. "I feel sorry for Ilia, she's been through a lot." He said, scratching his chin. "Ilia lost her younger brother a few seasons ago, which made her mother a bit... unstable to say the least. After Ilu was born she just put the two in my care before running off trying to find Rion, she still thinks Rion is alive, but I know he's dead..." Garland had a somber look about him, a rare look for someone so cheerful.

"Ilia's going through a lot right now, but I'm trying to be there for her, you know?" Garland just shook his head and smiled. "No use talking about it though, I'll just do my hardest and be both their father and mother! Should I buy some makeup?" He joked and followed Jade to where they were going to start the fire.

After placing the tinder and wood into the fire pit Garland bent down and stopped Jade from lighting it with her flint and steel. "Hold on, I want to try something... Ugh... It's been a while since I've used this."

He held his hand over his mouth, breathing slowly, willing the magical energy called djed from himself, a thin blue mist swirled on his palm before solidifying into some sort of light gel.

Garland then placed his hands around the pit and willed the djed to burn, setting the fire pit alight. "Whew, need to work on that more, that just tires me out really quickly."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on January 25th, 2018, 1:06 am

Jade nodded with a smile and headed towards the door. She smiled and laughed gently when Aneka called Trayon a land seal. The girl was not sure what the animal was, but the look on the child's face when she slid off was quite amusing. The blond walked outside and to the edge of the jungle. She grabbed several large leaves that had fallen and put branches in the middle. Wrapping them around each other, the girl carried it all back to where the fire pit was. She was fairly certain that the area would need to be cleaned out. Putting the bundle down, her theory was correct so she knelt down and began to slow process. After nearly everything was cleaned out, the drykas started to put the kindling in first.

She looked over when Garland walked over to where the girl was at working. Looking back towards the open door to the bungalow, the girl could only imagine how it felt to lose a sibling. Death was a natural part of every creatures life, but that still did not make it any easier. According to Garland the child's mother did not cope at all, but went into full on denial of losing her little one. Thought of losing Dina caused the blond's throat to nearly close up, but she fought past it and cleared her voice.

“I cannot imagine how much pain Ilia has went through. First the lose of her brother, then her mother going crazy from grief. It seems like far too much for little shoulders,” Jade stated gently.

She dug around within her pack to find her flint and steel in order to start the fire. At the mention of make up Jade burst into a fit of laughter and fell over holding her sides. That was the last thing, she had expected to actually come out of the man's mouth. Trying to calm herself down, the girl took deep breaths and managed to sit up right again. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she cleared her voice and looked at the man with a smirk.

“Absolutely, you would make a gorgeous woman,” Jade tried to keep her laughter in but ended up falling over again. It took another several chimes for her to calm down once again, “don't stretch yourself too thin. If it comes down to it I would be happy for her to think of me as another mother.”

A bright blush spread across her face as soon as the words left her mouth. She did not think about what was coming out of her mouth. The girl quickly turned and hid her face from view feeling like a moron in front of him. There was no way Garland would be interested in her, for Syna's sake he was best friends with her ex fiance. How awkward would that turn out to be if Ferrin ever showed back up in the future. Taking a deep breath, the silence was driving her nuts between the two of them.

“Any way let me get the fire started,” Jade stated and kept her head down.

The girl stopped when he asked her to let me do something. Moving out of the way, she used her hair to kind of hide her eyes and watch the man closely. Confused, the young mother was shocked to see some kind of gel appear before he put it around the wood. Her mouth opened to say something only to become a gaping hole when he sit it on fire.

“That was...... How did you......” Jade couldn't seem to get out a coherent sentence.

The girl was beyond stunned to see him mysteriously start the fire. Any other time a million questions would have flown out of her, but after making a fool of herself Jade kept rather quiet. Shaking her head, the mother looked up to the bungalow when she heard one the kids yell out the word ow. Standing up, she dusted off her hands and walked upstairs to get the pot of water and see what happened.

“What happened?” Jade asked gently kneeling down to Aneka.

“Bad land seal!” Aneka shouted and glared at Trayon who just ignored her and walked off yawning.

“Tray stood up, and she fell off before hitting him. So I pulled her away and she fell,” Dina said looking down at the floor sure her mother and uncle would be very upset.

“I see. Dina go outside and sit beside your uncle. I will be out in just a moment with a couple of the pots and Aneka,” Jade explained quietly.

“Yes, mother,” Dina whispered and walked outside still looking down.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on January 25th, 2018, 8:52 am

Garland looked up at Jade and laughed with her when she started laughing loudly at his silly little joke, usually people didn't laugh at his joke and just think he's an idiot. Garland took a stick and poked and prodded the flames.

"I may look gorgeous but I think you look so much cuter." He said and listened to her say that she could be the children's mother. "Haha! You'd make a great mother, but I think you have your hands full with Dina." He said with a smile, and looked up to the house as Aneka yelled 'ow'.

He looked over to Jade and shook his head. "I'll stay here and make sure the fire doesn't die or spread. Last time I left fire unattended, well... let's just say I had to buy some new clothes." He said and played with the fire.

He got to thinking. "Huh... Where is Ferrin?" He wondered and looked at Dina coming down the stairs, she looked a bit down. "Hey Dina. What's wrong? What happened?" He asked and motioned for Dina to take a seat beside him.

"Neeka fell off Tray so I pulled her away. Sorry uncle." She said sadly, her glaze was brought down low and she had this sad pout on her face.

Garland gave Dina a soft reassuring smile. "You did good, knowing Aneka, she'd probably find some way to hurt herself, you being there for her is good, you're like her big sister, huh?" Garland said and looked up, waiting for Dina to come out with the cooking pots and since Aneka got a little booboo, she might bring her along too.

"A sister? Hmm..." Dina said, her little child mind turning the gears in her head. Garland placed his hand on her head and pet her, ruffling her hair.

"I'm glad you two are doing fine here in Syka, I guess there aren't many kids here to play with, huh?" He said and running a hand through his hair. "But this is pretty fun right? Whole new place and nobody's ever been here before, very exciting, right?" Garland said, in truth, he was kinda excited too, he'd loved to go on adventures and this place was ripe with it, sadly he had an obligation to his kids and running off into the jungle was not a good way of doing it.

Ilia sat in front of Ilu, and looked at Trayon cautiously, she was rather protective of her baby sister, but she didn't really know what to do.

Phobos walked up to Trayon, and looked at him with big blue eyes, curious and amazed by the strange animal before him. He held out his hand to Trayon and touched the dog's snout.

"Wet," He said and sniffed the big shadow dog. He rubbed Trayon's side gently, much gentler than his sister's playing by far, and sat down and started examining Tray's legs and paw.

Phobos started poking and pushing on the soft dog paw pads and giggled. "Squishy!" He said and continued pressing it gently.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on February 3rd, 2018, 4:22 am

Aneka struggled trying to get free from Jade's arms. The mother continued to work on pans for the meal. She had fought with Dina several times. Looking over at Trayon, the woman smiled gently. She was so glad; that the dog did not seem to be bothered by how curious the children were. The pure black animal turned its head and watched the small boy. Whining gently, he stretched a little and licked Phobos' cheek. A squeal left the child's throat as the boy giggled and ran behind Jade's legs. Barking the hound trotted after him.

A small whimpering caused the blond to look over seeing Ilu had woken up. A short curt whistle told the hound to go outside. With a snort, he trotted down the stairs as Phobos followed him carefully down. The mother sent Aneka out with Dina and her brother. She walked over seeing Ilia pout at her sibling. The mother knelt down with a small smile.

“Go on and play with the others. I can Ilu back down for a nap,” Jade said softly.

With a nervous smile, the child nodded and ran outside to play. The mother picked up the baby and sat back down. She rocked back and forth while singing a soft drykas lullaby. After several chimes, the little one stopped wiggling and became very still. She drifted back to sleep while sucking on her thumb. Jade put her down on the couch for a moment, and made a pallet on the floor out of two pillows with blankets wrapped around them. Picking up the child gently, she made a smooth transition from couch to pallet. It was often very tricky to move a sleeping baby without waking it up again.

“Sorry it took me so long,” Jade stated walking out with the pans in hand, “Ilu woke back up. So I told Ilia to come have fun while I put her back down for her nap.”

“Mommy! Can we go build sand castles?” Dina asked looking up at her mother.

“Yes, you may. See if Ilia would like to go with you dear. She is still a little shy,” Jade stated.

“Okay mom,” Dina said with a smile and skipped off to find the other three kids and Trayon.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on February 4th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Garland sat by the fire, talking to Dina and making sure she didn't feel too bad about what happened with Aneka. He looked up to the stairs and to the kids slowly climbing down the steps, one step at a time and Trayon leading the twins down.

Garland smiled, looking at Phobos carefully step down, one foot after another, his little tongue stuck out, he looked like he's concentrating. Aneka on the other hand was going much faster, probably eager to chase after Trayon.

Garland stood up to be there for Aneka in the event if she tripped and fell so he could catch her, a sigh escaped Garland's lips as Aneka almost did trip and was caught by Garland and set down on the ground where she immediately started chasing the big black dog.

Phobos went over to Dina and followed her instead of Trayon, Phobos seemed like he wanted to invite Dina to play, Phobos was a smart lad, but when he gets excited he just forgets his words.

Then lagging behind, Ilia came down slowly. "Hello, sweetie." Garland said and picked up Ilia from the stairs. "Where's your sister?"

As if on cue, Jade came out from the hut and explained what happened. "Ahh, alright. Little Ilu is a really light sleeper. She's a sweetie though." Garland said before looking back up to the hut.

"Be right back." He said before quickly walking up the stairs to see if Ilu was sleeping soundly, she was and he walked back down, it wasn't that he didn't trust Jade, but he was just very very cautious when it came to his children.

"Well, what are we having for lunch?" Garland asked, he could hear his stomach grumble, he just laughed it off. "The food on the trip over here was fine, but you can only have so much fish and fruit before you get sick of it." Garland looked around and sat down by the fire.

Garland heard Dina ask her mother if she could go and make sandcastles down by the sand, the twins, while seefarers by heart and raised by one, never spent much time on dry land, so they never really had much experience playing with sand.

"Ilia, you should join them, it'll be fine." He said and placed Ilia back down to the ground and kissed her cheek.

"O-Okay." She said, she was trying to be more like her old happy self. Garland remembered when she first met her, bubbly and cute and full of energy, but the recent events of the previous season had pretty much shaken her to the core. Garland didn't help when he taught her how to use a dagger, but better safe than sorry.

Still he did forget one thing that Ilia loved when they left for Syka, Ilia's flute, she seemed very miserable when she couldn't find it, but she's mellowed out a bit, if only there was a music shop in Syka, he would be more than happy to buy a flute for her.

"Hey, do you know anyone that knows how to make instruments?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on February 9th, 2018, 8:15 am

The blond was happy to see Ilia enjoying herself some. She seemed like a very sweet child. That made the drykas want to get close to her. No child should ever hav3 to grow up without a parent. Her gaze instantly wen5 to her own child. Dina had been abandoned by her biological parents, and then Ferrin had left them both without a second thought. The blond had believed she meant something to the man. But like before it had proved to be a false hope. Jade was just about ready to give up, but something inside her kept fighting the feeling.

“She is a sweet little girl. She gave me no trouble going back down,”Jade stated.

She pushed the dark thoughts away for the moment. The girl put the round pot over the flame. It would take time for the water to boil. Popping her neck, the girl decided against fish since the man did not seem to care for it at the moment. She snuck inside and pulled the lid of her chest open. Checking the meat, the girl decided to use what as left for their lunch. Which would served them till that evening if the kids did not eat much.

She took out the two types of sausage first. Looking over the girl as glad to see that the little bit of noise had not bothered Ilu. The blond wanted the baby to sleep as much as she could. Jade listened to her breathing for a moment as she appeared to be sick. With no hearable or visible issues, she walked down the stairs careful not to squeak any of the steps.

“Ilu looks like she has been sick lately. Is she feeling unwell?” Jade asked walking over.

She put her cloak on the sand before placing the meat on top of it. The girl allowed the male to answer before grabbing her cutting board and some beans. The girl sat down for a moment and sighed popping her back. Barking caught the woman’s attention, she looked to where the children were playing. A soft smile appeared on her face as she watched the children play. Trayon ran after Dina who was holding some kind of fruit. One had fallen on a log several days earlier and the loud crack that followed had caused both girls to jump. Picking it up, they had taken it to the mercantile with them to see if Juli could explain what it was. Jade called her over while the others chased Trayon around till she got back.

“Yes, mommy?” Dina asked.

“Be careful playing with that. Do you remember what Miss Juli said about it?” Jade asked.

“Yes, ma’am. She said it can knock someone out or even break a bone,”Dina explained with a smile.

“Good girl. Now go play and make sure Aneka doesn’t throw it at anyone,” Jade stated and waved her hand.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext