Closed [Dagwood Metal] Not Everything That Glitters Is Gold (Dae)

Kelski finds supplies for her new workshop and meets the metalsmith behind the ingots.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Dagwood Metal] Not Everything That Glitters Is Gold (Dae)

Postby Kelski on February 19th, 2018, 3:37 am

Daedalus had a presence about him that drew Kelski whether she wanted to admit it or not. When he was talking metal, everything about her was focused on him. So when he leaned down to her, she wasn’t surprised by the motion because his whole body told her he was going to. What shocked her was that he kissed her. She’d assumed he was going to whisper something in her ear, which had happened a lot to her. Kisses never happened. The Kelvic stared at him in shock a heartbeat, before her eyes drifted closed and she leaned into the man momentarily. Kelski had been given to a lot of men in her first year to pay debts she had nothing to do with, but none of them had kissed her. Her young life had been filled with violence and pain, not whatever this was Daedalus was doing. It wasn’t unpleasant, forceful, or even hesitant. And the Kelvic had no idea what to do or say… so she stood there quietly and enjoyed it.

Across the room, Darvin frowned.

When Daedalus released her lips and straightened, the lesson continued. The Kelvic blinked, licked her lips in surprise, and nodded to his dialog. She had to force to pull her mind back into the lesson and away from the man. Everything about him was distracting her, and now the taste of him on her tongue caused her to shiver a moment. Gods…

He patiently answered every one of her questions. He didn’t give the answers in any order, but in the way he presented the material he made sure to cover all the thoughts she’d had. Kelski tried to follow him, glancing at Darvin momentarily, reading the anger on his face. She worried suddenly, knowing there were rules serving Jaren, rules that Darvin enforced.

The eldest Dagwood’s words brought her focus back to him. Quenching? Hardening? She didn’t know what that was, but didn’t trust herself to speak. Her eyes darted to the crucible on the fire, checking it, knowing it was heating nicely, and that Daedalus had said no stirring required. She noted that he said she could skim the impurities off, and that she should have molds ready for the overages.

Kelski nodded, staying with him, focusing again… letting her heartbeat calm down. She was glad to know the sand would hold its shape if mixed right. And she noted his instructions to learn to carve. She was already doing that, but it was a thing that went slowly because like he’d pointed out, jewelers wax, the special low temperature stuff, was hard to come by and expensive.

Then Daedalus left her. Gwen needed him for something and Darvin moved in as Daedalus and Gwen disappeared into the sales shop proper. Kelski started to offer him a smile when the expression froze on her face. He clamped his hand on the Kelvics chin and forced her face up to look at him. “Slut. I saw that. You let no man touch you but your Master and the men he gives leave to use you.” He hissed, his anger tangible. He shoved her roughly into the nearest work table and shook his head.

“Jaren left instructions for all kinds of contingencies if you were disobedient, or if you disgraced him in any way…” He said, petting her tangle of black and white ombre curls before he ran his hand down her body and gripped her ass. “He even showed you once what would happen.” He said, releasing her abruptly and walking into the room with the two Vinos.

He winked at the Vino’s as he walked past them as they gathered at the shop counter to handle the transactions. Then he went straight to the racks of branding irons and plucked out one that had the eight-pointed star of the Sun’s Birth.

“He makes good quality items, doesn’t he?” Darvin said to both Vinos after they’d introduced themselves to Daedalus on his way back into the workroom. He made sure Kelski saw what he had in his hands and then shoved the eight-pointed star end into what appeared to Darvin as a part of the forge that would heat the iron but not the red-hot part of it that would melt it and destroy it completely.

Kelski was standing there, her face white as snow – whiter than its normal pale coloring – as Darvin babysat the iron and Daedalus resumed his lesson again. She tried to follow what he was saying, but her steel grey eyes kept glancing at Darvin, who routinely pulled the iron out of the coals, checking for it to heat.

Daedalus kept talking as Kelski quietly began to shake. Sweat beaded on her forehead and she reached up to brush her hand across her eyes to clear the liquid. She took a step away from Daedalus, glancing towards the doorway to the shop and to the freedom beyond, and then her eyes met Darvin’s as he pulled the iron out once more, this time it was red hot.

“It will be worse if you run.” Darvin said softly, menacingly, as he approached.

Kelski froze again, knowing Darvin was right. If she wasn’t wearing the collar, it would have been a different story, but being trapped as a human wasn’t conducive to escapes and survival on her own in Sunberth. Truth be told, Darvin had taken her about enough that she knew how well she had it, even if it was a prison and even if she was a slave.

Darvin offered Daedalus a smile. “Been wanting one of these. I assume you stand by your product and won’t mind me testing it out.” He said gently but with an air of menace about his voice. “You see, Jaren doesn’t like his slaves stepping out on him, letting strangers kiss them. It leads too often to independent thinking and attachments we don’t want, especially with unbonded Kelvics.” Darvin glanced at Kelski, the red-hot iron in his hand.

“Take down those pants Kelski, and lean over that counter. I think I’ll let the smith here test this iron out on you since he was the one that took a kiss without asking. And if he doesn’t want to bother to do it, I’ll just let Jaren know the Dagwoods at Dagwood Metal have issues with the Sun’s Birth Gang … issues with respecting their slaves. If he does it… lesson learned. And no need to say anything to Jaren at all. It’s not like he’s going to see it anyhow… he barely looks at you.” Darvin smiled, it was a mean smile, as he walked up to Daedalus and offered him the brand by the cool handle. “See that its done well… I don’t want her having ideas about you and thinking good thoughts about you, even though you’re bothering to teach an animal something she doesn’t need to learn.” The Guardian said, smiling slightly. “Then I’ll pay your little sister for the iron and take it and my charge home. Lessons, for today I think, are over.” He added, waiting to see what Kelski would do.

The Kelvic’s face had lost all expression. All sign of life simply drained out of her in that moment as she buried everything she felt in that moment deeply inside herself. It served her no purpose here. Fighting Darvin wasn’t something she was willing to do at the moment because it wasn’t strategically a good thing to do. And she liked this family. She really did. It wasn’t that she knew them at all, but she liked the IDEA of them… of such a thing existing.

Her hands rose of her own accord and she unclasped the belt that held the oversized boys pants up around her hips. She slid them down, baring her body from the knees to her waist as she slowly turned around and bent over the nearest workbench to her. She let the pants fall to the floor as she reached out and dig her hard black nails into top of the bench. The smooth curve of her white rump was bared to both men.

Darvin gestured. “Test it someplace on the curve of her ass or hip… where the skin is tougher.” He said, reaching out to stroke Kelski’s backside. The Kelvic closed her eyes, not knowing what the smith was going to do… how he would react. She knew Darvin’s threat wasn’t empty. If Daedalus didn’t play Darvin’s little game, there would be consequences.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on March 10th, 2018, 8:41 pm

The random intrusions of the gangs for business or general shenanigans was always expected in Sunberth. It was just how life in they city worked. He glanced over at Darvin when the gang members started speaking to him. Only giving him a smirk in response to the rhetorical question of standing by all of the products he's made. Because of course he was proud of ever piece of Dagwood metal. The malice in Darvin's voice cause the Metalsmith to quirk a brow, wanting to know where the man was going with this conversation. Daedalus know that Kelvics were animals, but that was about it as far as his knowledge went on the subject. He only knew the general concept of bonding one thing to another in a metalsmithing sense.

When Darvin held up the branding iron, Daedalus took a moment to put on a glove that laid on the table before taking it from the gang member. He was always a safety first type of person. “I've no trouble with the Sun's Birth. Most of you are valued customers. Why else would I have such a symbol on sale?” He said as he made a small gesture with the branding iron. He turned to watch as Kelski disrobe to expose her backside, then glanced over at Darvin with a slight nod. It was the nod that most men understood when seeing a nice butt in passing.

Daedalus talked back over to the forge to set the end of it back into the coals to heat it for a bit longer. He didn't know much about branding, but he knew about the heat of metal. The ambiant heat coming off of it was far too little to cause a nice permanent brand. He burned himself on hot metal all the time to know it needed to be a simmering ash gray color to leave a pristine indentation in the skin.

If what Darvin said about Jaren hardly looking at her was correct, then this whole endeavor was just a bravado move by the Raider. The drug dealer must just wanted to feel powerful. “I've also nothing against you. After all, you are just doing your duty. Defending Sun's Birth Property. Its a shame to burn such a nice body, but I'll gladly do this for you.” Daedalus said as he moved over to stand behind Kelski.

He let the hot end of the branding iron linger inches over her skin so she could feel the pleasant warmth along the curve of her backside while he looked for a nice place to brand her. Daedalus's other hand was free of any glove to softly caress her backside, massaging his hand along her skin. Both because it felt nice and to feel for the toughest part of her body.

“Here should work.” The metalsmith said while stroking an area along the upper crest of her right side. "Hope you enjoyed your lesson today. You are both welcomed to come back anytime." He let those words act as Kelski's only warning as the sensation of his thumb softly stoking against her skin would quickly transaction into the blazing numbing sensation of nerves being burnt followed by immense pain of heat as Daedalus pressed the Sun's Birth star against her right cheek.

Once all of that was done Daedalus walked over to the barrel of water that stood near his anvil to dip the end of the branding iron into it. It cooled instantly with a nice sizzle of steaming water before he moved to return the item to Darvin.

Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kelski on March 11th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Daedalus couldn’t have been more correct. Darvin was taking huge liberties and enjoying the little bit of power he had over another human being just because the person that actually owned her didn’t give her more than a passing thought and only then when he needed something crafted. The Kelvic knew it too and ground her teeth together wanting to fight. She knew when she was outclassed though, and Darvin had certainly done enough and followed through with enough threats that he would beat her within the edge of her life if she disobeyed. And he’d enjoy it.

This though… this was humiliation above and beyond. And he was dragging the Smith into it. Suddenly the forge didn’t seem like a welcoming place to Kelski. She knew, in that pause between decision and action that she’d never feel the joy she’d initially felt seeing the huge behemoth. There’d be no refuge here, no sense of wonder left if she were to visit again. There would just be a memory of pain.

Kelski dug her fingernails deeper into the work bench, starting to pant in fear. It brought her sharply back into focus that this smith was no friend of hers, just another opportunistic business man exactly like Darvin and like every person in this cursed city. They all wanted a profit. They all wanted sales. They didn’t care about people or what they might feel. She was just an object to him… to all of them. The collar around her neck never felt so tight.

She twisted her head sideways and opened her eyes, fixing her gaze on Darvin. “Don’t do this.” She said quietly, voice hissing through clenched teeth. He just laughed and gathered up a fistful of hair, moving to her head as Daedalus moved to take his former place.

“You are a slave. You have no choice. I might not own you but I control your life day in and day out. Lay quietly or there will be an accident. Lay quietly or I’ll start whoring you out like your Master should have been doing all along. Jewelers are worthless, even good ones. Lay quiet, Kelski, and understand that you are nothing and no one to anyone in this city and your body is our right any time and any place we want to exercise it… and that includes doing this to it.” He said, his hands tightening on her hair painfully, twisting the mass of it up into a knot in his fist so her back was arched at an odd angle and she was splayed out perfectly for Daedalus to brand her.

“It’s never a shame to teach a wild thing a lesson on domesticity. Don’t let her shape fool you, she’s just a filthy animal. I’m happy you are willing to oblige me in this lesson. It will teach her consequences and her place in the world.” Darvin said pleasantly to Daelalus as if he wasn’t half ripping out the Kelvic’s hair and holding her spine at an odd angle. It also got him out of telling Jaren, if the Warmaster’s Son were to ask, if he was the one that branded Kelski. He could deny the whole thing and he knew the Kelvic would be able to confirm he was not the one to do it. Darvin liked his t’s nicely crossed and his i’s nicely dotted.

The Kelvic froze as she felt the first inclination of the heat against her skin. Goose bumps texturized her skin suddenly and the ivory flesh flushed red on the curve of her ass. She felt Daedalus’ hand on her skin and in that moment hated him more than she’d ever hated another living creature. He was playing into Darvin’s sickness, all for the sake of a sale.

Darvin gripped Kelski’s hair even tighter, his eyes on the brand where it bit into Kelski’s flesh. Steam rose as did the smell of burning flesh as Daedalus held the iron in place, letting it do its work. She screamed, animalistic and half in pain half in outrage as the hot iron put its mark on her flesh permanently. She tried to lunge but Darvin held her firm, chuckling slightly, her hands releasing the bench and going for his eyes. Murder mixed with pain in her steel grey eyes. Darvin was having none of it though. Ready for the response, he cuffed her hard across the face hard, then did it again until she went limp on the bench. When she didn’t move again, he took a moment to admire the new brand, then reached down and yanked her pants up over it, not caring if the material stuck to the burn. He rebelted her pants, dug out coins enough to pay for the branding iron plus a packet of drugs as a tip, and hoisted the limp Kelvic’s body over his shoulder, so her head dangled down is back with her loose arms.

“She’s feisty. I’ve been enjoying giving her lessons. I’m glad you got to get one or two in yourself.” He winked at Daedalus and took the now cooled iron from the smith. He started off towards the exit then turned back, just a moment, to say one last thing.

“I’ll probably have her completely tame by the end of the season or spring at the latest. Let me know if you’d want her for a few chimes or even a bell or two. She’s not exactly my cup of tea being Kelvic, but I know some people might enjoy her. And I'll drop her by if your interested.” He said with a laugh and kept going, departing out of the workshop, back through the retail space, and out onto the street.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kelski on June 2nd, 2018, 7:47 pm

Grading

Kelski

Experience: Socialization +3, Storytelling +1, Metalsmithing +5, Interrogation +2,

Lores: Dagwood Metal: Location/What It Stocks, Daedalus: Owner Dagwood Metals, Daedalus: His Concise History, Daedalus: Metals Thank Him, The Dagwood Family: How Family Acts, Daedalus: Terribly critical, Daedalus: Rude To People , Metalsmithing : Recipe for Copper, Metalsmithing: Wood Fires Are Fine for Copper, Gold and Silver. Daedalus: Has Thoughtless Tendencies, Metalsmithing: Recipe for Bronze, Metalsmithing: Recipe for Bell Bronze, Metalsmithing: Making Oilsand Molds, Metalsmithing: Using Blanks, Vinos: Slave Organization In Sunberth, Vinos: Rictor Vino & Zsavin Vino, appearance and Relation to each other, Daedalus: Kissed Her, Torture: Being Branded

Daedalus

Grades will be provided when CS is updated.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous