Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Panna Cotta on December 3rd, 2010, 4:07 pm

Timestamp: 1st of Winter 510 AV
OOCIf you want the date moved just send me a note

The Citadel in Sahova was built in a secluded area. In many ways it was Alahea's last stand, built to last more than ten thousand lifetimes (if the war against Suvan would take that long). Besides its prime location in the middle of nowhere, its temperate and unchanging climate was suitable for the Sahovan Nuits. Never too hot, never too cold. The undead bodies were susceptible to the wear and tear of weather, the island was a perfect place to prevent unwanted putrefaction.

Morwen's embrace do not reach as far as Sahova. The first winter day was just any ordinary boring day, so similar and so alike many other winter days. In fact, the only thing frozen about Sahova during winter was its ceaseless existence as a research facility. Boredom had already consumed many lives, both of the living and of the undead. In fact, it was not uncommon to hear Nuits declare, "It's so boring I'm going to die!" And die they do.

Of the few living inhabitants of the island, Frankie Lee Tieh could be considered the - for the sake of calling it so - most adaptable. She was busier than most Nuits, always doing something here and there: slave to a wizard whose name she did not know, obedient to the golem who would give her her orders. In fact, she was just as mechanical and golemic as the Sahovan golems when it came to work. Diligent and unhindered, that's what she was.

Tieh was a common name in the island. This was because she's unique: in that she was alive and that she was treated with preference. Whoever her master was, he had good connections. Tieh's projects were not a secret: she works with Konti. Konti remains, that is.

Her obsession with the powers of the daughters of Avalis and Laviku was almost maniacal. Some of the apprentices she had hired would usually feel secure knowing that they were assigned to a human, only to find out later on that Tieh is worse than some of the undead. (She drinks blood. She probably eats people, too. Ewww.) She had been known to drive her apprentices mad as she prisons them in her special laboratory to make them do endless research on how to fully utilize a Konti's corpse. Konti tongue, Konti teeth, Konti eyes, Konti bones - name a Konti body part, and she would be able to provide you with in-depth research about them, together with a Maledicted item.

It could not be denied that she was also a prized wizard in the community of Sahova. Here was a talent who can. And so whenever she requested for additional help, Lector Qiao would always never disagree. Anything for the productive human wizard!

And so it was that in the Winter of 510 AV, two Nuits found themselves assigned as apprentices to Tieh for the whole season. Ushered into Tieh's untidy office by a Communicator Golem, the two boys were in for a good training from the best. If what they were about to do could be called "training" at all.

There she was, looking half-dead, greeting the boys cheerfully, "How's the weather?"
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Alma on December 3rd, 2010, 10:53 pm

Alma looked at the strange woman before him. Well this should be fun, he thought to himself. He actually counted himself lucky, because he was going to be working for one of the most skilled wizards in all of Sahova.

"The weather is the same as it always is," Alma replied to the crazed woman. He looked around the huge laboratory in amazement. There were bones and jarred body parts all over the room. "I suppose this is what Heaven is like?" he said to himself, jokingly. He then looked back to his master.
"My name is Alma. I'm looking forward to working with you," he said in a squeaky voice. He tried smiling for a second, but felt fake and stopped.

He looked over at the other Nuit with him. Vick was his name, so he was told. He and Vick actually had quite a bit in common. They both preferred the bodies of children, and they were both very interested in Malediction. I believe I will enjoy myself, he thought. Or so I hope....
Alma
Player

Words: 6465
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 12:28 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Vick on December 4th, 2010, 4:41 pm

“What do you mean I have to work with a human?”

The sound of Vicks voice breaking along the air as a child glared at a older man with white long hair. The child looked so different then any normal looking children. A deep crimson shade danced along his hair. The black circles along his eyes stood out the most as if he was a walking corpse to a normal human but in the island he was looking like a good nuit for a body at least. His arms were folded along his thin chest as he glared at Boss pouting.

“Now now Vick. She knows what she is doing and order are orders. Besides think of this as a learning field. You need to focus your anger and rage into a plan and form your goals.”

It was just like Boss to point the young child into something as Boss told him that he was to be under a human called Frankie Lee Tieh. He knew of the human for what Nuit did not if they spent time on the island for more then a season? However Boss told him that he would be under the watch of her for not just a few days but the all of winter. Time meant nothing to Vick however he had a large hate for humans wizard or not. They were all the same to him in the end.

Vick did not say a word as he let his anger show along his eyes. However he would do as he was told for that was his job. “Do I have enough time to research? What about my own research that I am doing?”

“You don’t have enough time to research Vick. You spend days when you research and you are going to hear from this from a Communicator Golem in a bit however as my student I felt like sharing it with you. I know you are worried about your research however maybe you will find Tieh can teach you more and then you might use her ideas into your own research.”

Boss knew Vick for over 200 years for that was how old Vick was. Far older then he looked however even if his body did not look it nor even if he was acting like it he was far smarter within his mind. He had changed so much in the 200 years since he was a simple human but he did not dwell upon that as a box on wheels came into the room.

Lenses were placed along the box, large wheels were letting it move around but all in all it was just a basic golem that was meant to send orders or rely things to people as a breaking voice spoke at last to Vick without waiting long.

“Vick is to be given to Frankie Lee Tieh. Please follow me.”

Vicks eyes never did blink nor did his chest move as he nodded at last. He knew he was going to do this one way or the other and he would rather be on his own terms in a way as he went with the golem. He knew he could not ask it questions for it lacked the real information behind everything. It was just a pawn in a game much larger then itself but Vick was fine with that. He knew he was being used as a pawn as well for someones amusement but he would just have to prove to them, whoever them was, that he was far more then a mere play thing for someones amusement.

At last he found the door for him to enter as the golem told him to enter and have a good day. His eyes scanning the wooden door for any signs of glyphs but in the end he let his hand around around the handle of the door pushing in letting the smells of the room fill his nose.

His eyes looked upon the young female human who was Frankie Lee Tieh or just Tieh in most circles when Nuits talked about her in the island. She was pretty, Vick could not deny that or maybe she was pretty to him. However that did not stop him from pulling inside his soul letting his auristics come along his eyes. If anyone had auristics and was looking at his own aura they would have seen him use his djed however he was not attacking anyone but looking.

His eyes never leaving Tieh as he kept his focus on her. His goal was to find her emotions and if she was ill or not. Once he was done his djed would fade back into his soul as he looked at the other child next to him. Vick never saw him in his life. He meant that more then just the body as well.

So he did what any nuit would do if they did not know someone. His eyes turned back to Tieh as he bowed his head slightly as he spoke at last after a few chimes once she asked her question of the weather.

“Would not know. Have not seen it for a good few years.”

A real reason as he kept to himself in his own books and research. What was he trying to research so much? He did not share it with anyone other then his own faith. He did not tell Tieh she was his master or did he greet the other nuit in the room. He did not even move from his unblinking eyes to his unmoving chest as he kept his dead look on Tieh.

Maybe she would be different in his books but for now she was just another human to him. A race he spent his time on trying to kill in his own way as he played in the shadows of a lab. He did not say another word but he had a feeling he would not need to. Maybe he would enjoy playing a game with Tieh as his mind went into ideas of how he could turn this game of cat and mouse on his terms and not hers.

Vick was no longer the happy untouched kid who came along the island 202 years ago. He was far different but he kept to himself in such a way that few knew and he even knew less spoke his name for he did not boost of his skills. Yet that was for another time as he waited for either her or the other nuit to speak.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Panna Cotta on December 22nd, 2010, 3:00 am

Tieh looked almost like a corpse herself, her physique greatly affected by the lack of nutrition and sleep. "Welcome to my office, Nuits." She smiled, and quite eeriely so. Her gaze told them that the human did not regard them as equals. She saw them as apprentices, as children. She did nothing to conceal her thoughts as she spoke, "I am working on a new Malediction project, the specimen is quite fresh, and I need some other mage to run the project for me. Too much to do, so little time." She shrugged, "It's sad that I will have to pass my project to someone less skilled than I am, but it cannot be helped. I need to rest lest I forget I am still human." The human have had no time to relax, unwind, or sleep for the most part of last season. There was no explanation why she had repeatedly declined all offers of a Daek-Nuit ritual by Lector Qiao. She was already almost a Sahovan Nuit in most ways... working as if there's no need for sleep, living without proper nourishment. But she held on to her beating heart for a reason. The reason, a secret she does not want to share. Perhaps it was that a part of her will be and always will be human.

She told them both, "My laboratory downstairs is off limits to both of you. You will perform what you need to do in the convenience of my office, try not to ruin the room." She spread her hands in front of them, waving at her spacious room, if it wasn't so unorganized. However, to say that Tieh's office was unorganized was an understatement because her office was untidy in many ways. Towering shelves lined the walls, filled with books on Malediction and selected archives of her numerous project. Some books lay on stacks and heaps on the floor, some atop the table. Various items hung from the ceiling, and a myriad of equipment was displayed in her cabinets. It would not be easy for Vick and Alma to find their way around, but access to all of Tieh's books and items made up for the headache of trying to find where a candle was. "The idea is for the two of you to work together in order to get the best out of my specimen. Maledict the bones, the flesh, the fingernails. Leave no waste."To make things interesting, I'll reward you pleasantly for a good job. Shall I introduce you?" She stood on wobbly knees and pointed to a wooden box in the corner of the room.

Opening the large crate revealed a sitting creature, hair white as snow and eyes green as emerald. She seemed fragile and was rather small, about five feet in height. Her hands and feet were bound, her mouth gagged. Tieh said that she was an old Konti bought as a slave from Sunberth. "She's never been to Mura, or so she says," Tieh told the boys, "The Konti might soften up to you children."

The human would stay long enough to assist Vick and Alma in positioning and bounding the specimen on a chair. The Konti offered no resistance, as if the light in her eyes have long died. If they didn't have any more questions she would go ahead and leave the room.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Alma on December 23rd, 2010, 3:10 am

Alma found Tieh the most interesting thing in Sahova, so far. She was eccentric and odd, and he liked that. He also loved the fact that she was still human. She was the only human that he knew of living in Sahova. Her voice was exhausted, and Tieh looked almost dead, and she could be mistaken for a Nuit to the untrained eye. The way that she looked at Alma and the other boy-Nuit beside him, Vick, somewhat unnerved Alma. He was used to cold stares, seeing as he lived amongst the living dead, but still; something about her felt somewhat gut-clenching.

Alma understood why she needed to rest. She was one of the most hard working wizards in all of Sahova, and she never stopped--she was always working on some new project or some new method. Alma was truly intrigued by her, and wanted to get to know her better. But Alma knew the possibilities of that happening were slim. She was a great wizard living in the bowels of the Citadel; she obviously didn't need any kind of close friend, and it wasn't likely that she would truly warm up to Alma.

When Tieh told them that her downstairs laboratory was off-limits, he got somewhat disappointed. Alma had the desire to examine every book, tool, and item that Tieh had in her possession. He knew that she was a master, and the pure knowledge that she and her things had to offer was hard to come by. When the shrill woman referenced her large room, Alma took in the vast space. It was quite huge, and he liked it. There were tons of books stacked everywhere, and there was no telling what all of them had to tell him. He smiled with excitement, feeling overwhelmed by everything. He looked over to the boy, Vick, standing next to him. I really, really hope this guy will be fun to work with... Alma thought to himself. He wanted to get along with Vick; possibly make a good friend. Alma always felt somewhat lonely in Sahova. The place was amazing, and had everything Alma needed to study and practice his magic, yet he still longed for friendship, and he would seek it anywhere he could.

When Tieh opened the crate reveling the small Konti woman, Alma's eyes grew huge. A living Konti! his own voice screamed in his head, not believing what he was seeing. Alma instantly felt sorrow for the Konti; she was locked up in a small crate, and was about to become a Malediction experiment. Alma shook his head, trying to shake the emotions of attachment he was already forming for the Konti; he knew he was there to work, and do whatever he was told, no matter what. Emotions couldn't get in the way if he was going to become a master of Malediction.

Alma examined the Konti from head to toe; they had to use every part of her body; no waste. This is going to be...challenging, Alma thought to himself, worried. How are we going to turn every single body part into a Malediction item?! We'll run out of ideas!

Alma looked up to his master and said, "I suppose we should get her in a chair? And, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any preferences as to what we should do with her, Malediction wise? I mean, there are tons of things we could do... Do you want us to choose for ourselves, or... Alma trailed off, feeling that he had word vomit; he felt somewhat silly for asking the garbled mess of a question, and felt that he was not making a good first impression.
Alma
Player

Words: 6465
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 12:28 am
Character sheet

Boys Be (Vick and Alma)

Postby Vick on December 24th, 2010, 5:54 am

A living being. A konti that was still alive. His eyes did not change as he saw her in the crate but just nodded as she told them what to do. “I understand yet you don’t need to worry of her with us. I am sure she won’t be a problem.”

His voice was softer then what it was, it could have been a mix of him acting like she was his ‘master’ or it could have been him not caring anymore. However it was the fact he saw a konti that was still alive. Was it tugging at his cold long still heart? He doubt that he really had feelings anymore but he always had a softer spot for kontis.

Once Tith left he would speak freely but he felt like they did not need her aide. He would help Alma move the konti to the chair then help tie her down yet he would not bind her mouth so she could speak freely.

“Hello, I am Vick. I need to ask you a few questions but I need you to understand that we don’t mean you harm. What is your name and how did you get here?” His voice was that of a child, he asked the questions as he looked at her yet as he did he let his body breath and blink like a normal human would. After the two simple questions he would then leave her alone. Time to help meant so little as he would then look towards the other male nuit.

“So, how should we go about this? You look rather new here both your body and your aura. We have all her research at our finger tips but I think we first need to get some type of order in this place. Reading up her last research projects would be a good idea and understanding more of what she is trying to do.”

Vick said as he pulled forth his djed from his soul once more taking note of both Almas aura then the kontis and then at last around the room looking for any items that would act as a speech transfer that would be a spy golem that Tith would listen in to. He knew most masters did use some type but he wanted to know for sure as he did not feel at ease speaking his mind fully in this new office along with the fact he knew so little of her.

He knew the races of Mizahar along with how the bodes would but he felt so uneasy about taking a life for he always did his work on already dead beings. If he found no traces of anything that would spy along them then he would get to work on the research. “We should leave her alive for now. We don’t have a time limit and I don’t want to rush into anything. We can gather food for her to keep alive but I think we need to understand the research we are getting into. More we know then the better our chances are don’t you agree?”

As he spoke that last bit it was in the Ancient Tongue not knowing if Alma knew it or not but it was worth a try. If he did then Vick would then keep speaking it the tongue as he spoke to Alma but would speak common when he spoke towards the konti.

Why was he acting as leader in this two man group? Maybe it was due to he felt like he knew more of the art of malediction and knew more overall. It could be that he lived on the island for the past 200 years and that alone gave him the feeling he had a small right to a make shit leader.

His organization skills were not the best but he felt like they could come handy as he started with the desk moving from any paper to book scanning the pages for signs of anything that could catch his eyes from konti, her master, what research she was doing, what her aim was, time charts, race charts and any other information that could give him a use even if the information was a tiny bit.

“Alma, Do me a favor and go to the common labs and the Palsa Hydrasa. Look for any Konti bodies or parts and request that you need them for needed research. I don’t want to harm the living Konti.” He said as he looked towards Alma. Vick did not even want to kill the poor Konti but rather try to use another dead konti if he could then try to sneak the konti out of the lab. So many factors laid in that plan that could go so wrong but he did not voice his plan as he looked in the desk checking if the drawers were opened and if they were he would see what could give him any type of edge in what they were doing.

His djed flowing once more to him as he looked about the magical items in the room trying to see what they would do by the aura they gave off. One could tell so much about the aura of the object be it a person or just a man made object.

His mind slowly moved into thinking and plotting. He was far older then the master he was working for and he knew he could figure something out. Be it saving a life or understanding more of her research. Why could it not have been a human for the test subject? Then he would not even blink at the idea of killing them.

“Ionu, please help me.”

The words were so soft, so little yet so full of meaning and hope that Ionu would aide his idea and plea.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3