OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Spring 518 AV!

Postby Kelani on March 2nd, 2018, 5:17 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Kelani Silvertide
Age, Sex, Race? 25, Female, Svefra

How does your PC make a living?: Fisherman.

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?: Yes - though they are low. I hope to develop them throughout the season.

Describe your character in a short abstract?: A confused little Svefra determined to unlock the mystery surrounding her Lia's sudden death.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?: Not a resident, staying indefinitely until forces move her elsewhere.

What are your favorite types of threads?: My favorite types of threads those with deep relationship building and character development.

What types of threads do you despise?: I hate boring job threads. Gotta throw something fun in there to spice it up!

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?: I'd like to see Kelani grow in her skills as a researcher. Her mother's death has given her newfound passion that she ought to utilize.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?: I'd love an adventure thread with complex puzzles, death traps, and combat.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?: One of Syka's strengths is the overall plot. It is the thing that drew me here and interested me the most. A weakness of Syka is that there are only a handful of skilled workers... hopefully this will change as everyone's story progresses.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?: Maintain being helpful and patient to the community. Some of us are still learning the ropes around here.

Additional Comments: Please feel free to PM me with any ideas for threads! Don't be shy.
Last edited by Kelani on March 5th, 2018, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelani
New life blossoms in the ruins.

Words: 10052
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2018, 1:13 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ixtli on March 5th, 2018, 1:16 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ixtli of the Painted Bones
Age, Sex, Race? 30, female, Myrian
How does your PC make a living? She works as a butcher and food preservationnist for the settlement.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Yes! Hunting, WS, Weapon... Although at a low level I will work on improving them this season as well as learning new survival skills.
Describe your character in a short abstract? A Myrian away from home, searching for her purpose on new shores, with a spiritual vibe and an interest in magic.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident
What are your favorite types of threads? With Ixtli I like mystery, exploration, mysticism as well as threads focusing on jungle survival and, why not, combat.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that stagnate, where the plot isn't helping the characters grow in any way.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like her to work on some basic survival skills but also delve deeper into her faith and interest in Malediction.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? An epic adventure where the different PCs have to rely on each other's skills and abilities to accomplish a goal bigger than everyone of them. Throw some godly interventions in the mix and it'd be even better.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka's strengths are its endless possibilities when it comes to development and freedom of development, and also the very dedicated playerbase. The downside of this is that it takes some time to build things IC and many businesses, jobs, skills available in bigger cities are not here.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Keep doing what you do, you're doing it great! Don't overload yourself with too many responsabilities when trying to please everyone, and enjoy the stories!
Additional Comments: Going slow but steady this season, although I will very likely be absent for the month of April for RL reasons. Hit me up if you'd like your PC to meet Ixtli!
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jaylani Rae on March 5th, 2018, 6:50 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jaylani Rae, usually goes by Lani

Age, Sex, Race? 23, Female, Mixed Blood (Eypharian/Myrian)

How does your PC make a living? Animal Healer

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?Yes, competent wilderness survival, novice trade skills and weapon.

Describe your character in a short abstract? Jaylani is eccentric and childlike. She has fully embraced beach life, spending her free time swimming nude in the ocean and collecting shells to decorate her home with. A lover of animals and a misunderstander of people, she is sometimes not the easiest to deal with because most things she does not understand. But she doesn’t hold a grudge and once she has given you her heart, you’ll keep it forever.

Are you a Resident?  If not, how long are  you visiting for? Resident

What are your favorite types of threads? I love threads that move story and grow character, it does not matter what form they take.

What types of threads do you despise? Threads that are going no where from beginning to end and advance nothing.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I’d like to see Lani get in a fight and have to figure out how to deal with conflict in some way.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Something conflict filled with Lani finding out about her biological family and having to choose which direction in life she is gonna take, one like one of her parents or a continue down a path all her own.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka’s strength and weakness is the same, it is brand new and being built thread by thread. I adore the idea of growing with a city which is why I made Jaylani and brought her here in the first place. This is a weakness simply because you cannot do here what you can do in some of the other, already developed cities. It’s all part of the fun.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You’re a great moderator, keep at it and have as much fun as you can.

Additional Comments: I’m excited to see what all Syka has in store this season!

Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alona Halloran on March 6th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Alona Halloran
Age, Sex, Race? 17, female, and Human
How does your PC make a living? Carpentry! Specifically of the 'chests, furniture, and misc.' variety.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? She has a competitive skill required for her job, and novice skills in hunting and a weapon skill.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Wide-eyed young tradeswoman with big dreams and a 'please ruin my naivete' sign on her back.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Yes! Housing threads in-progress.
What are your favorite types of threads? Any thread with progress is good, but my favorite would be funny threads just, in general.
What types of threads do you despise? Any type of thread can work, in theory, though I'm trying to get more accustomed to solo threads. Writing by myself can be... difficult.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Alona needs to practice her hunting skills, and introduce herself to more of the community. And maybe actually get a proper roof over her head. ;P
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A journey that tests the PCs on a personal level and rewards them with a new revelation on the setting. Physical treasures are cool and all, but answers to mysteries are good plot fodder!
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? As I said last season, it's newness is both a strength and a weakness. It's full of possibility, but it also has a lack of definition that can scare some people off at first.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I think you're doing pretty swell!
Additional Comments: I really need to work on job threads first, so if anyone needs any woodworking done, PM me!
Alona Halloran
Player

Words: 29090
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tasarion Vysarel on March 17th, 2018, 1:32 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Tasarion Vysarel (goes by Tasar)
Age, Sex, Race? 33, Male, Akalak
How does your PC make a living? Teacher (still have to apply)
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? He has hunting, fishing, and scouting, as well as combat abilities
Describe your character in a short abstract? Tasar is a clever, young man who is search of a way to further his knowledge and abilities.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident! (Hoping to get his housing thread up soon!)
What are your favorite types of threads? I'm very open to most threads.
What threads do you despise? Very few. Basically one-sided threads.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? It's his first season, so I just want to meet the guy!
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A team mission to grow friendships/enemy relationships. Everyone gets something new, whether it's a lore or skill or companion.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka is a new place, offering many opportunities that the other locations don't. At the same time, because of its newness, there's still a lot that needs to be taken into account. It's a strength and a weakness because people need to know the location before they can truly build upon the story.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You're doing great!
Additional Comments: Just looking to have fun and explore the place. Loving it so far!

[/color]

[/indent]
Tasarion Vysarel
Player

Words: 3868
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2018, 6:55 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Alwyn Seapearl on March 18th, 2018, 2:43 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Alwyn Seapearl
Age, Sex, Race? 19, Male, Human (Svefra)
How does your PC make a living? Fishing for fish and diving for oysters and maybe selling pearls.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? I'd imagine so. WS, Fishing, Sailing, Swimming, and a Weapon.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Alwyn is a big Svefran macho man with an aggressively boisterous personality. He also loves his boat a lot.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident.
What are your favorite types of threads? Fun threads that have some plot and thought behind them. Let's build relationships while doing cool stuff! Or scary stuff.
What types of threads do you despise? I dislike meet-and-greets. They seem very bland most of the time, despite how hard I try to spice it up. For this reason, there needs to be a goal for every thread or every person Alwyn meets. No exceptions.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want him to become a quickly valuable part of Syka and to get settled. Oh, and kill some fish with his trident and become a better swimmer.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'm not sure what this is.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? I'll pass this question for this season.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I don't know how you are as a moderator, so I'll skip this one, as well.
Additional Comments: PM me here or on Discord if you want to thread. I'll probably send PMs to everyone else I want to thread with, as well. Remember, please: goals! I know some people like to have relationships grow organically, so give me a goal for a thread that doesn't have anything to do with exactly how they interact. Or just PM me and we'll come up with one. Of course, we won't always make the goal, but it'll be interesting trying to hit said goal but staying true to our character.
Alwyn Seapearl
sailing the great blue sea....

Words: 8143
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2018, 11:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Turrin on March 29th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Turrin
Age, Sex, Race?29, Male, Mixed Blood
How does your PC make a living? Wilderness Guide or Security
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? WS, Weapon (Short Bow), Weapon (Talon Sword), Hunting, Tracking
Describe your character in a short abstract? Turrin is a former Endal of Wind Reach who lost (because of death) about a year in a half ago. He is returning to his father's region to start a new life.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Yes, I will be seeking full time resident status.
What are your favorite types of threads? Honestly, Turrin will do just about anything. However, I going to focus on job threads, WS survial threads, and learning about how to survive in the jungle.
What types of threads do you despise? I really don't have any, but if you want to socialize with him. He would enjoy talking while doing a activity.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I am going to focus on wilderness survival, hunting, and tracking this season. I would like to become competent in all those skills this season.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I would love to get his first mark in Prowess by Myri soon.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? None this place is great!
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Nothing Gossamers doing great, and Entropy needs to get off his butt! :P
Additional Comments:
I have been dealing with a lot of personal Irl stuff this season, so I might be kind of slow, but I am really eager to get Turrin to be apart of Syka in the coming spring. If you want to role play with him, don't be afraid to PM me, so we can set things up.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Delvin Brynmor on April 2nd, 2018, 5:52 am

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Delvin Brynmor
Age, Sex, Race?: 26 Year old male human
How does your PC make a living? Blacksmithing and selling his goods
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Wilderness Survival is close to Competent and should be so by season end. He also has a trade skill to benefit Syka's development. Foraging and Land Navigation need a lot of improving but the fundamentals are there.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Delvin is an adventurous young aspiring blacksmith whose goals include mastering his smithing arts, establishing a business or reliable job for himself in Syka related to blacksmithing, and learning the secrets of the jungle.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Yes.
What are your favorite types of threads? I have little preference yet, but I love collaborating with other characters towards a common goal.
What types of threads do you despise? Ones where characters act too powerful or dominate the thread. I'm new here and haven't seen that at anywhere on Mizahar at a glance though.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want Delvin to become more independent, develop his skills, and form some relationships with others.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Like I said above about a collaborative thread, I would love to see my character grow and learn about other characters and concepts, expanding his horizons.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka has a lot of strengths, being a frontier land with great potential for mystery and intrigue. Anything could be out there, and the inhabitants of Syka have to work hard together to survive and thrive in the jungle. There are a few weaknesses too, however; as of this writing, there is no forge for my character to work at, the shop's supplies are limited, and there is not much developed infrastructure. It's a harsh place in many ways.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I don't know, but I look forward to getting to know you better so I can tell you next season.

Additional Comments: I'm new to the site, so sorry if I mess up a lot! I look forward to roleplaying with everyone :)
Delvin Brynmor
Player

Words: 7432
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2018, 7:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Leyas Reefcaller on April 4th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Leyas Reefcaller

Age, Sex, Race? 19, Male, Svefra

How does your PC make a living?
Fisherman, he catches fish and sells it

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?
His Wilderness survival skills are mediocre but he is a well-rounded fighter, he can fight
medium -range and close range with his trident, cutlass and dagger

Describe your character in a short abstract?
A carefree and fiery man who is in love with the sea

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?
Yes i am a resident

What are your favorite types of threads?
My favourite type? Threads filled with action, where the unpredictable can happen at
any given moment, the ones filled with suspense as you might not have control over
what happens, the ones with paragraphs of dialogue, those are the ones i love

What types of threads do you despise?
The threads i despise? easy, the ones with little to no detail, the ones that are just
dull and meaningless, where the one who started it just stops responding like that, and
coming up with the most ridiculous excuses, the ones that are filled with nonsense,
those are the ones i despise

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Honestly, even with his main focus of being a pirate, he could grow a heart, learn to
treat others with respect, and value teamwork, the things that can help a pirate
immensely

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly
and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
A thread jam-packed with action, and an amazing story, where everyone ends up
wanting to reach their goal, one that could be divided by groups, and with the
strongest team that has the most perseverance succeeds, overall, just something
that the people in it put their passion into.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?
Syka as a whole, has one big strength/weakness: it is new, the people that shall be in
it can shape it as a whole, it can go crashing down, or it can thrive, it is not going to be
easy to manage, but once its up and running correctly, i'm sure it will be just splendid
but for now there is a lot of work to be done, it will take time but it should be fine!

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?
You are doing great Goss, at least from what i saw, nothing bad to report, i have nothing
in mind on how you can improve

Additional Comments:
N/A

Yar har har i trim me beard with me cutlass lads

Te rule the Suvan Seas! tha' is me goal!
Leyas Reefcaller
Player

Words: 1961
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2018, 7:43 am
Character sheet

Postby Sara on April 5th, 2018, 5:59 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Sara of the Black poll Pod

Age, Sex, Race?
18, female, Svefra

How does your PC make a living?
Would working

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?
I belive so

Describe your character in a short abstract?
An easy going seafarer, blending in with local drunks to take her share of prizes. Being quick of wit and tongue has guided her through any misunderstandings.
However her heart belongs to the sea and the god Laviku leaving her without romantic thoughts. This season as with all since she has been land bound she wishes to join a pod.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?
Resident

What are your favorite types of threads?
I love them all
The one that write themself because it such a clear idea
sailing i love the water.
What types of threads do you despise?
Hostile ones. Sara a is not a fighter and would sneak out of any tense moments by deflection.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
I would like to see sara make some friends and avoid hostile efforts.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
A true Svefra pod - supporting the James and Veronica in trade with Riverfall

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?
No i can’t

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?
Remember to smile
Additional Comments:
Sara
Player

Words: 16122
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2017, 3:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous