Open Open Aired Cafes And New Acquaintances

Kelski gets a chance to meet another Kelvic.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Open Aired Cafes And New Acquaintances

Postby Kelski on April 8th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Timestamp: 23rd of Spring, 518 AV

The Simpering Seacow was a new place for Kelski. Darvin had brought her, like normal, and parked her at a sunny table while he went in the back and did some business with the owner. It was a cafe, true enough, with tables scattered around giving everyone a great view of the run-down shitty city of Sunberth. It had a small recessed alcove for people to hide from the rain in. But there was no rain today. It was a sunny day, so being in a cafe wasn't something Kelski was opposed too.

A waitress stopped by... "What can I get you? We specialize in Sunberth Shanties... they are a rum, honey, bourdon, and scotch mix that everyone seems to like." Kelski nodded.

"I'll have one please... and whatever you have to eat. My master is inside with your owner - getting a tattoo I think - so it goes on his tab." Kelski added, leaning back and making herself smaller as she lounged in the sun.

In good time she was brought a drink and a bowl of what looked like chips with pieces of fried fish scattered throughout. Kelski nibbled happily at the fish, enjoying the rare treat and looked around. Like usual, she was people watching, and didn't mind relaxing in the sun nibbling fish to do so.

The Kelvic was dressed in her usual 'going out' garb of oversized boys clothing, hems and arms rolled up, and trousers belted to hold them on her hips. A close inspection would note her as poor, though the slave collar around her neck would also explain why no one took the time to dress her very nicely. Her long loose hair started out black and turned to white at the tips, making her looks animalistic when coupled with her black lips and black mouth.

Kelski looked Kelvic. So most people just ignored her.
Last edited by Kelski on June 2nd, 2018, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Open Aired Cafes And New Acquaintences

Postby Rene Rafar on April 8th, 2018, 5:39 pm

It was a warm sunny morning Ren loved to feel the warn spring sun kissing her bar skin as she fed her foster mothers birds when was was called over to the house.

“Rene, I have a task for you.” said the elderly Konti woman. The old woman would only call her by her first name if it was something important she had to do.

“Coming Ma'am.” The young replied after tossing out the last of food she had from her choir.

After crossing the yard to climb the stairs to the porch. “You asked for me Ma'am?” Upon reaching the top step she saw a stranger leaning on the back corner of the porch in the shadows. It is not uncommon to have strange people coming to the house so she took no more notice outside of knowing that there was someone there what they were wearing and looked like or if her mother or her were in any danger.

“Yes Rene, I need you to deliver this package to The Simpering Seacow's owner. While there I want you to tell me of the different people you see there.” The elderly woman smiled. “But first go get dressed.” Lifting the package out of Ren's reach. “I know you have gone into town without doing so before but this is not that type of task I'm setting you.”

“Yes Ma'am!” Ren replied as she dived into the house to get dressed. After a short time Ren returned dressed in simple clothes of pail green shirt, rust brown pants, well worn brown boots. As she comes out she noticed the stranger has left.

“Here you you go dear after you deliver this package the rest of the day is yours until evening choirs, now go have fun you have earned it.” the woman handed her the package and a small coin pouch.

“Thank you Nana! I will and I'll remember what you told me to do.” Taking both package and pouch as she jumps from the top step to break in to a run.

When Ren reaches The Simpering Seacow she spots a Kelvic she has never seen before this girl has a collar around her neck while being dressed in oversize boys clothes though she wants to talk to this person she has a job to do. “Excuse me,” Ren flags down a passing waiter “I'm looking for the owner?”

The waitress paused long enough to glances at the young woman, “Owner's with someone now you will have to wait.”

“Very well I will thank you.” As the waitress leaves to do her job Ren walks over to the new Kelvic, “Excuse, you mind if I sit here? It looks like most of the tables are filling up for the 12th bell meal.”
Last edited by Rene Rafar on September 19th, 2018, 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rene Rafar
Player

Words: 47214
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2018, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on April 26th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Kelski wasn’t very social, but she hadn’t seen another Kelvic in a long long time. The collared slave tilted her head to one side and studied the other woman. Young. Obviously the woman was Kelvic since Kelski’s inner awareness of those of her kind was buzzing. Kelski wondered what she should do then thought to herself. Smile. Be pleasant. Invite her to sit.

“Yes, of course. I’m having a bite to eat while my companion is getting a tattoo. Please sit.” Good, that was a good start, the Sea Eagle thought to herself as she picked up another of her slices of fried potato and nibbled it. “The fish and chips are good here.” She said, though the Sea Eagle frowned down at the strips of fried potato. “I have no idea why they call them chips.” The Kelvic mused, glancing over at the other woman and smiling. She picked all around her fish as if she were saving the best for the last.

“This place confuses me. It’s a place to get ink, yet they will give you drink and feed you too. While you wait for ink…. Or…. “ Kelski shrugged, obviously confused and slightly perplexed about the place. “My name is Kelski. I’m a jeweler for the Sun’s Birth gang. I’m just out and about today to get some fresh air and get some inspiration for what I need to make next for my Master.” She said quietly. She’d long since stopped being embarrassed about being a slave. And the dog tag hanging from her collar clearly displayed the Sun’s Birth emblem so it would be no secret who owned her.

Kelski nodded her thanks to a server who came over and topped off her drink, which was just simple tea. Then she glanced at the new girl and asked her a question. “So, who are you and what are you doing here? With someone?” She asked, curiously raising one black and white eyebrow.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on April 27th, 2018, 1:42 am

"Thanks, yes the food here is quite good I myself love the fish... well any meat really." Ren replied in a ramble for she has never met a person like Kelski she was nothing like the other people she had seen or watch before. "I'm called Ren. I'm running an errand for a friend."

How much do I say I know i'm talking to much. Ren thought to herself. Nanna will have your hide if you mess up.

"Umm not to be rude... are u a Kelvic? I have not met many Kelvics" Ren asked shyly.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on May 16th, 2018, 2:27 am

Kelski tilted her head at Ren and looked thoughtful. “You don’t need to ask that question… if I’m Kelvic or not. You can feel it, Ren. When we meet one of our own kind, we can feel it. You can feel my kelvicness. I can feel yours. We recognize each other.” Kelski said softly, gently, her mercury grey eyes meeting Ren’s gaze.

“It is very nice to meet you Ren.” Kelski said, picking up one of the breaded bits of fish and popping it into her mouth. She chewed thoughtfully. Glancing at the entrance to the shop where the tattooing was occurring, Kelski looked thoughtful. “Are you free then?” She wondered, not knowing of Ren was a slave or not. She said the word ‘friend’ oddly, though it wasn’t exactly the correct thing. “I am owned.” Kelski said somewhat bitterly as she took another piece of fish.

“I like meat too… raw. So much of this is ruined by cooking it.” The Kelvic said, though she’d take what she could get and that included bits of whitefish fried.

“I’m originally from Lhavit. I was just brought here by svefra slavers. I really dislike Sunberth. It’s very… rough. I miss the beauty of Lhavit and how the city was alive day and night.” Kelski said, glancing around at the dingy barely functional building they sat in. Sunberth was a ruin really… that people were eking out a brutal living in. She had no appreciation for its greater beauty.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on May 25th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Ren looked at the other woman with a puzzled look on her face, "No I never knew what that meant. I..Well you are really the first Kelvic I have ever really talked too."

Ren lowered her head in shame. "Nana is the one that really deals with everyone I just run messages, feed the birds... mostly do what im told. Im free to go as I please I guess. Im not a slave but I am part of a family that I really dont like what they do but, I have nowhere else to go. I have lived with Nana sence she caught me trying to eat the birds. I was only 8 months old when mom and dad where taken away and I never see them again."

A thoughtful look came over Ren's face "If you could be free would you? Say if some one could help you get away would you go?"

"Lhavit sounds like a very wonderful place just by listening you talk about it" The young girl smiled.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on May 27th, 2018, 12:03 am

Kelski nodded, meeting the other woman’s gaze. “We aren’t that common. Especially predator Kelvics. I’m glad you are not a slave. And though you are not happy, at least you have someplace safe to stay. I ran into some unfortunate circumstances, but I’m working my way through them.” She said softly, not really committing to go too in depth.

“If? No, I will be free someday. Living your life for someone else isn’t the way to really live, Ren. Lhavit was a good place. But Sunberth could be a good place too. It all depends on how you view it and who you spend time with. Lhavit is so very far away. It is almost untouchable at this point. I would go home if I could, especially if I had no reason to stay here. There’s always reasons though. You just have to find them.” She said softly, shaking her head.

“What about you? Do you want to run errands and feed birds the rest of your life? Or do you have bigger plans?” She asked, tilting her head curiously. Some Kelvics were dead already, walking vacant eyed shuffling empty husks bound to their masters and never reaching further. Kelski never wanted to be one of those Kelvics. She wanted to be free, to be her own person, and if someday she found a bond mate it would be someone strong in their own right that wanted her as strong and independent as she was.

Kelski said as much to Ren. “The things that would keep me here are having my own business…. My own dreams. Maybe a Bondmate that wants a partner not a servant.” She said, fluffing her hair by shaking her head violently a moment and then digging back into her food.

“What about you? Have you ever bonded?” If Ren hadn’t then that mean she was smarter already… less likely to be one of those vacant ambitionless mindless servants.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rene Rafar on May 31st, 2018, 4:32 am

"No I have never bonded I'm not allowed to be alone with any males unless I'm set on a specific task then its all training and no room for aything else. In fact this is really one of the few times I have to myself after I deliver my package." Ren replied shyly.

"In truth S'vantia, who I call Nana, is the only family I know. I'd like to learn other things other then being someones message runner, I for one would like to see what else is out there in life." Ren answered truthfuly, "Is that wrong to ask."

The young girl looked at Kelski with a wide range of emotions from unsure to down right determand and back. Shaking her head Ren smiled "Forgive me I'm being ungreatful and you have your own troubles where you really don't need mine. I'm willing if you want I can help you how ever way I can if that is what you wish."

Turning to the sound of a door opening Ren sees two people walk out of the room one being the owner of the cafe. "Well looks like the owner is done with the person you where waiting for... I am very glad to have met you and you have given me some very good advice in return I do hope we could meet again. Please enjoy the rest of this fine day." With that she excused herself and went to deliver her packge.
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on June 2nd, 2018, 4:15 pm

Kelski listened intently to Rene. She frowned at the list of rules and nodded, understanding inherently that Rene was a slave, though she didn’t wear a collar. The thought made Kelski sad because even though she had a bit more freedom than Rene, she was aware of her situation whereas Rene might actually not be. It was clear to the old woman that Rene was being taken advantage of. There was nothing Kelski could do about it though.

“Thank you, Rene. I won’t forget your kindness. I have a plan to get out of my slavery, but it is one that takes time and careful planning. I extend your offer to me back to you… you cannot help me right now.. not at this time. And I cannot help you, not at this time… but if anything ever changes, I will definitely take you up on your offer, and I would hope you would take me up on a similar offer. If there is anything I can do to help you, I would gladly do so.” Kelski said, looking serious about the offer.

The door opened and Darvin appeared with the owner of the Tattoo shop. Kelski hurriedly shoved the rest of her chips in her mouth and rose, heading over to her handler’s side as he gestured for her. She nodded again to Rene, hoping the kelvic would take her seriously… and that she would be okay in Sunberth. The city was dangerous and someone young vulnerable, like the orphaned Kelvic, would need to be careful.

Giving the other Kelvic a wave, Kelski trailed after Darvin as he set off on another task. She scrambled to keep up after his long legs started taking him off rapidly, so there wasn’t even time to glance back at the other girl to see if she understood.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kelski on June 2nd, 2018, 5:53 pm

Grading
Rene

Experience:
Observation +3, Socialization +4, Interrogation +3

Lores:
Kelski is a Kelvic, Kelvics: How to ‘feel’ another person is a Kelvic, Kelski: Is a slave, Kelski: Eats Meat, Kelski: From Lhavit

Kelski

Experience:
Socialization + 4, Interrogation +3, Planning +1

Lores:
Rene: Is a Kelvic, Rene: Orphaned, Controlled By Nana/S’vantia, Rene: Runs errands for a living

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)