OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

All PCs need to register here if they are playing in Syka.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2018, 11:11 pm

If you are playing your PC in Syka
in Summer of 518 be sure and register!

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
How does your PC make a living here?
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered?
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required)
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required)
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How?
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
What are your favorite types of threads?
What types of threads do you despise?
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
    [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
    [b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
    [b]How does your PC make a living here?[/b] 
[b]Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered?[/b]
[b]Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required)[/b]
[b]Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required)[/b]
[b]Have you contributed to The Settlement last season?  How?[/b]
    [b]Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills?[/b]
    [b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
    [b]What are your favorite types of threads?[/b]
    [b]What types of threads do you despise? [/b]
    [b]How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?[/b]
    [b]Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?[/b]
    [b]Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?[/b]
    [b]How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?[/b]
    [b]Additional Comments:[/b]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

The Syka Character Regestry - Summer 518 AV

Postby Ashka on June 2nd, 2018, 11:33 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ashka
Age, Sex, Race? 17, Female, Human (mixed)
How does your PC make a living here? Weaver
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? yes
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) yes
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) yes
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Hosted a Verusk, finished a house, made repairs, processed fibre for thread
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? mostly
Describe your character in a short abstract? Young woman building a new life for herself and her sister
What are your favorite types of threads? Quiet but fun
What types of threads do you despise? Romance
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'm planning to focus on skills and getting her more rounded
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? The sort that can't be planned, where everything just - clicks into place
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Its strength is its openness where anything is possible. It's size is a weakness, with so few here.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I have nothing I can say to you on this front
Additional Comments: Open to thread plotting, but my time and thread numbers are, as always, limited.
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Nieve Glass on June 2nd, 2018, 3:23 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nieve Glass
Age, Sex, Race? 2, Female, Kelvic
How does your PC make a living here? As a potter

Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Seems not!
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Yes
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Yes
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? I will have once I have my job threads finished, hopefully by the end of this weekend. I also hosted and developed a Verusk for the Worlds Collide plot.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Mostly; she needs to up her WS, but that's what I'll be working on this season.

Describe your character in a short abstract? An energetic young yowlwing looking for her bondmate.
What are your favorite types of threads? Anything where PCs really connect and establish a fun relationship, whether positive or not!
What types of threads do you despise? Social threads that don't go anywhere.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like her to get more comfortable with wilderness and combat and realize that despite her need to find a bondmate, she is still a perfectly whole person on her own.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Jungle ruins adventure with cool magical items, probably.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strengths: Lots of people and a tight community!
Weaknesses: Last season specifically it seems activity dropped a bit, so hopefully we can get that back up! (I was absolutely a part of that and I do plan on posting more this season)
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Honestly, right now nothing comes to mind. Last season was rough on you, so I'm just happy to see you getting back into the swing of things. :)
Additional Comments: Here's to a better season!
Nieve Glass
Feathery feline

Words: 99031
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2017, 3:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tailyn on June 2nd, 2018, 4:47 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Tailyn, Tai

Age, Sex, Race? 25, F, Human Inarta

How does your PC make a living here? She catches, raises, breeds, trains and sells parrots!

Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yep

Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Done!

Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) We got started on one, but I think its still sitting in limbo

Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Tai hosted a Verusk, and I have completed one job thread...the second one should be up in a couple of weeks at the latest. Also started a monkey purge but I think that thread might be dead.

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? She's lacking foraging and hunting, as well as a competent weapon skill but we're working on it. Wilderness survival is up to par.

Describe your character in a short abstract? A stubborn and willful inarta woman who came to Syka to seek her fortune and pursue her dream of raising parrots.

What are your favorite types of threads?I love social threads where I can focus on forging bonds with people and develop my character's personality and watch her change.

What types of threads do you despise? Threads where my writing partners don't respond fluidly to my posts and make them about themselves. Or ones where thread partners just vanish. Gross.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want Tai to start making friends in the settlement. I'd prefer that to be PCs, but I'll totally go for NPCs as well if possible. She's already got Abanath as a solid friend, but she needs a bigger social circle than that.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A big fun social thread where everyone responds in a timely manner and everyone's characters grow and learn something about themselves.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka's strength is in its flexibility. It really is a blank canvas full of untapped potential. I think its so cool that the players can help to forge the settlement into something new. As far as weaknesses, I think because its so small it lacks a lot of modern convenience and you really have to do a LOT of work to see your labors produce effort. Syka is not for the faint of heart, or those who only want to thread a few times a season.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You've had a rough few months. I think you're doing great considering the circumstances.

Additional Comments: N.A.
Tailyn
Crazy Parrot Lady

Words: 87326
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2018, 10:28 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on June 2nd, 2018, 8:53 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Alexandra Gainsborough Aka Alex
Age, Sex, Race? 20, Female, Inarta
How does your PC make a living here? Glassworking
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Not yet
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Not formally.
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Not yet.
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? No, this will be my first season at the settlement.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? While she has all of the required skills she only has them at novice. The first season will be difficult but she plans to learn.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Spunky and headstrong. She hates to take no for an answer and does not always know when to give up. This is at times a pro but more often then not gets her into a sticky situation. When left to her own devices for to long she tends to dwell on the past and go down a dark path. Syka has enough to keep her busy and hopefully on a lighter path.
What are your favorite types of threads? Anything with action. Anything from tracking down something dangerous in the forest to helping someone dig a well. As long as she can be active and move about shes happy.
What types of threads do you despise? Every day life activities. Sitting around drinking tea while taking about the weather.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like her to better understand her limits and work on becoming stronger. She has been the only one to push herself and it has only been to keep food on her plate. Survival in a city is very different from survival in the elements.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Going out on a hunt! It would be great to get a group together, ideally almost none of them masters out on a hunt. I feel like this allows some characters to fail a task alone but allows others to help and become successful.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? One of the strengths is that the city has natural resources but no formal market. This forced characters to help each other or fend for themselves. One of the weaknesses is that it is such a blank slate that it can be hard to get everyone on the same page. One set of people may wish to build the sawmill while others may wish to spend every moment fishing. It can be hard to manage priorities.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Find a way to outsource simple tasks that you do not find fine but are necessary.
Additional Comments:
I keep going into Paradise Rediscovered looking for information when its in Syka ooc posts. I do not know if it is possible to post a link in both places but it is a little confusing.
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on June 2nd, 2018, 10:11 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Nya Winters
Age, Sex, Race? 10, Female, Kelvic
How does your PC make a living here? Nya is one of Syka's Rangers
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yes
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Yes
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Yes
Describe your character in a short abstract? Nya is a lost soul looking for a little peace and self worth after having had trouble in a very abusive situation in Ravok.
What are your favorite types of threads? Just about anything.
What types of threads do you despise? Silly ones or threads that people drop on me. I HATE THAT SHIT.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I want her to be more comfortable and take a leadership position among the Rangers.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'd love a bondmate... or a best friend for Nya. Family is incredibly important to her and she misses having Abashai around acutely.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka is incredibly isolated with a very very small population. This is both its strength and weakness.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? You need to pay more attention to your PCs and less time admin'ing the site so all of your PCs hate you less and instead bring you joy.
Additional Comments: I like Orange Dreamsickles.

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Anibesa on June 3rd, 2018, 10:25 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Anibesa, goes by Ani a lot
Age, Sex, Race? 57, Female, Ethaefal
How does your PC make a living here? She’s a bartender at the Tidepool Bar
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yes
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Not last season and due to inactivity caused by my shoddy planning and overestimating of myself, but the season before last I had Ani working at the Tidepool bar and Anibesa was part of the Fire in the Sky quest thread
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Mostly. I have threads planned for this season to boost all of them up to what is required
Describe your character in a short abstract? A sensitive Ethaefal of Leth searching for her purpose
What are your favorite types of threads? I love threads that directly contribute to PCs story
What types of threads do you despise? Joke threads that have little to no content.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Honestly I’d like to see Ani become more competent and less useless. This should have happened before now.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Something that greatly impacts everyone involved, whether through profound realization, life changing injuries, or even something more positive
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? It’s strengths are how it provides so much inspiration for posting. Rather than writing a thread about buying things PCs have to get creative and make these things, resulting in a lot of really good threads. The main weakness I can think of is that when a PC goes AWOL it effects the whole OOC community. I myself know that I’m guilty of this
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I’d like to see you spending more time doing what you enjoy
Additional Comments: I’m back and up for threads with anyone, though at the moment I’d prefer skill based threads. Anyone that’d be up for a thread, please feel free to message me either on the site or on discord.
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Raymond Rhythorn on June 3rd, 2018, 5:06 pm

Character Registry
"Raymond Rhythorn ”

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Raymond Rhythorn & Known as Ray

Age, Sex, Race? 23, Male, Human

How does your PC make a living here? Ashta handler at Syka's sawmill

Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? No

Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) OOC but not IC

Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Not yet

Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? No

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Yes mostly, still working on a few

Describe your character in a short abstract?
Ray is an asocial fellow, who is haunted by his past and is looking for a fresh start.

What are your favorite types of threads? Any thread where the PC can aquire new skill

What types of threads do you despise? Nothing particular

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? establish in Syka, acquire new skills and improve current skills, acquire new Weapon skills

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Probably a thread where the pc gets a gnosis

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strengths - cooperative society, encourages threading, intriguing environment

Weaknesses - lack of certain supplies (personal opinion)

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?............

Code made by Anibesa for Rhythorn
Raymond Rhythorn
Player

Words: 6450
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ixtli on June 8th, 2018, 1:14 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ixtli of the Painted Bones
Age, Sex, Race? 30, female, Myrian
How does your PC make a living here? Ixtli is the settlement's butcher.
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yes!
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Yes (solo)
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Not exactly, her Job threads are still in progress.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? She has most of them at Novice level.
Describe your character in a short abstract? A spiritual-minded Myrian, far away from home, looking for a new way to live while honoring her gods and heritage.
What are your favorite types of threads? I'd say discovery threads, whether it's an epic adventure, the discovery of a new location, beast or artefact, or a thread where two or more characters get to know each other and connect in a strong way.
What types of threads do you despise? Nothing comes to mind for now.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? She needs to become a more integrated member of the settlement, as well as improve her survival skills and maybe start questionning her choice to move here in the first place.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Like I mentionned earlier, an exploration adventure where each PCs' strengths combined to overcome obstacles together sounds like a lot of fun to me!
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Just like most people, I think it's both a strength and a weakness to have a small, undevelopped settlement on a beach as a setting, as it pushes for a stronger community feeling and leaves players a lot of room for creation and possibilities. On the other hand some plots are just impossible to RP here compared to bigger cities, and also, there's a big chance to simply get eaten by a wild animal while napping by the sea... That'd be a bummer.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Please keep finding time to enjoy yourself around here, even if we PCs get a bit quiet sometimes... I understand it hasn't been so easy for you OOCly last season but I'm impressed and appreciative of the time and (quality) effort you put into this whole place.
Additional Comments: I promise I'll get my shy*e together this season.
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ialari Pythone on June 11th, 2018, 1:38 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ialari Pythone Pitrius

Age, Sex, Race? 49 years old, Female, Isur

How does your PC make a living here? She works with Poisons; identifying, treating and developing antidotes.

Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yes.
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Yes.

Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Yes.

Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? "Yes". I have placeholder threads that will end up involving the construction of a special facility accessible to all in Syka.

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Yes to an extent as she is continuing to develop her existing required skills to higher levels.

Describe your character in a short abstract? Really weird. She acts as if she has never been around people or social situations before. She views things from an utterly alien perspective; almost childlike at times in her discovery of simplistic human interactions. Highly religious, she sees her life and in fact all life, as interconnected in a way that defies perception.

What are your favorite types of threads? Just about any save for mindless social threads that don't lead anywhere.

What types of threads do you despise? Mindless social threads that don't lead anywhere.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like to see Ialari transform more into a leader; someone who can introduce a new direction for Syka in general.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? It will be the one where Ialari finally discovers exactly who and what she is and embraces the full gravity of that revelation. She currently exists with but 1 of 51 pieces of a soul; the rest hang from a tree located in her Dominion within the Ukalas. When she discovers why this has happened and what it would be to have her soul reforged, that will be truly epic.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? The freedom to create, develop and make true contributions to the city's growth and development as a player is the greatest strength. The weakness, though a weakness built more into the nature of Syka than any OOC forces, is that there isn't the support blanket like in other cities. You have to truly get imaginative in order to do what would otherwise be easy in a fully developed, large city. In a way though, that could be a strength in the hands of the imaginative.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Strive to complete quests that are started, even if few players participate or remain.

Additional Comments: I look forward to playing Ialari this season in hopes of further growing the character and developing Syka with her.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next