OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

All PCs need to register here if they are playing in Syka.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Summer 518 AV

Postby Okara on June 13th, 2018, 1:44 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Okara
Age, Sex, Race? 37, Female, Konti
How does your PC make a living here? Apprentice Healer/Doctor
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Yes
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Yes
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Yes
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? No, this is Okara’s first season in Syka.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Okara has wilderness survival and a weapon skill but they are still novice level.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Okara is a kind woman with a curious mind, a quick smile, and a desire to heal those around her.
What are your favorite types of threads? Threads with a purpose, even if that purpose is something simple like cleaning a room.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that are purely social with no clear action to guide the PCs along.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like my character to grow as a person by meeting people who have very different motivations and life experiences from her. I would also like to her work towards becoming a competent doctor.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I would love to explore some of these crazy ruins around Syka, going in alone would probably end up in a dead Konti.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Hmm, a lot of my initial thoughts have already been mentioned. With all the ruins around Syka a character who is developed with forethought and strategy has the potential for enormous reward but that also comes at great risk since I doubt the ruins will give up their secrets easily. I suppose the weakness would be that it takes time to realize that potential.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Have lots of fun :)
Additional Comments: I need to build up my skills and I love to explore, if you like threading about either of those things then you should send me a PM!
Last edited by Okara on June 25th, 2018, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Okara
Great stories start with humble beginnings.

Words: 218993
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2016, 12:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jace on June 21st, 2018, 2:09 am

~Character Registry~

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jace
Age, Sex, Race? 2, Male, Kelvic(wolf)
How does your PC make a living here? Syka Rangers, hopefully
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Not yet
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) I believe so.
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Coming Soon
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? New arrival
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? WS at competent, two weapon skills, tracking, and scouting at novice that will be worked on
Describe your character in a short abstract? Kelvic male looking for adventure to keep his promise to his dead grandfather.
What are your favorite types of threads? Probably anything with good character development for everyone involved. Potentially threads with magical items or exploring ruins/dungeons/new areas
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that get dropped on me or lead nowhere at all. I HATE that
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like to get my weapon skills and hunting up to competent. Perhaps become adjusted to his role as a ranger and learn actual social skills
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? One where there's a bit of danger, exploration, character development, and social bonding(making friends) where everyone posted regularly
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Its strength has got to be that it's a small, tightly knit community and has every potential to grow since its a new settlement. Weakness would probably be that it is a new settlement with few PCs so it could be less active than we might like
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I have nothing to say here atm.
Additional Comments: None atm

Last edited by Jace on June 24th, 2018, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jace
Player

Words: 38770
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2018, 2:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Erida on June 21st, 2018, 5:55 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Erida

Age, Sex, Race? 42, Female, Ethaefal (Leth)

How does your PC make a living here? Candlemaking

Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Not yet

Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Not yet

Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Yes

Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? No, this is the first season she's here.

Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? She does, but is a novice in all of them. The first season will be tricky, but she's looking to improve.

Describe your character in a short abstract? A hopeful girl with ethereal beauty at night and an infatuation with the ocean. She is hardworking and believes purpose and love make for a happy life.

What are your favorite types of threads? Anything where she gets to explore herself and meet new people, whether that means friends or people to stay away from. I'm very flexible with thread types.

What types of threads do you despise? Something that doesn't go anywhere. I'm not a fan of stagnant threads - which doesn't include regular "day in the life of..." threads.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like to see her be able to actually immerse herself. It's her first season, after all.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Maybe a magical adventure of some sort! Gotta love ancient ruins and exploration.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strength definitely lies in its freshness and flexibility. Weakness would also be there, in that it isn't completely hashed out. That's what makes it fun, though!

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Can't really speak to that yet, but I'd say just have fun with it!

Additional Comments: None :)
Last edited by Erida on July 19th, 2018, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erida
I don't look at the stars... I'm one of them

Words: 13307
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2018, 5:19 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Iolara Lyada on June 23rd, 2018, 6:39 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Iolara Lyada
Age, Sex, Race? 16 Female Charoda
How does your PC make a living here? Diving for abilone and pearls for trading
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered?No
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Yes, but it’s been a while due to my absence
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Not yet
Have you contributed to The Settlement? How? No, Iolara has no IC posts in Syka
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? All but the combat, and I’m looking to improve on that this season.
Describe your character in a short abstract? A young Charoda witch seeking her place in the world. Io is inquisitive and compassionate, but has had very limited experience living within a true community of land-dwellers.
What are your favorite types of threads? I’m open to most any type of thread so long as there is ample opportunity for all characters involved to grow and for the players to have fun.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that serve to do little more than increase one’s post count, with little to know purpose, plot, or character growth.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I’d like to see Iolara’s pacifism and compassion conflict with the demands of nature and maintaining a balanced ecosystem.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A thread that has a little something for everybody, social development and conflict as well as physical danger or discomfort.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Not in particular but I can say that what drew me to this location is both the rich lore associated with it and the tight community that has sprung up within.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? No comment, I’ve never had you as a moderator before.
Additional Comments:
Threads: 0/5
Solos: 0/2
Iolara Lyada
Player

Words: 54707
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2017, 7:30 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anais Seawind on June 29th, 2018, 1:38 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Anais Seawind, Anais
Age, Sex, Race? 25/26 (dob 48th Summer), Female, Human - Svefra
How does your PC make a living here? Candlemaking
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? No
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Yes
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Solo, upcoming
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? Nope, new to Syka
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Not fully, but is eager to develop them
Describe your character in a short abstract? Disillusioned Svefra struggling with her religion and the impact its had on her life
What are your favorite types of threads? Anything that grows the character (skills, relationships, personal growth)
What types of threads do you despise? Pointless social threads (social threads with a purpose are welcomed)
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? This season, just to gain competency in the skills needed to survive
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Meaty posts that give me multiple things to react to, with an eventual conclusion that leaves me both a) satisfied with the story and b) itching to continue it
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Its isolation, to both. The scene forces community interaction but leaves characters immense room and ways in which to develop. Its not as possible here to write and never interact with other characters, as in established cities.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Stay excited :)
Additional Comments: Looking forward to seeing what impact Syka has on Anais - and vice versa
We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came.
Anais Seawind
Player

Words: 129187
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Sophia Sunshore on July 10th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Sophia Sunshore.
Age, Sex, Race? 23, human, female.
How does your PC make a living here? She will hopefully be apprenticed under Uta the botanist.
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? Not yet.
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) Not yet, but it has been discussed.
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) Not yet, but it is in the works.
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? No, Sophia has just arrived.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? She has wilderness survival and a weapon but only at Novice. I imagine she will attain foraging and more WS through her work once she arrives.
Describe your character in a short abstract? Sophia is a ‘sunny’ person in general, very open and willing to talk (or listen!). She is usually up for most adventures, and she really loves plants.
What are your favorite types of threads? I have no idea – I haven’t done one here yet! I assume interesting ones where friendships are made and skills and characters are developed.
What types of threads do you despise? Again, not sure. I think it’s safe to say I won’t enjoy threads that have zero point though.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like to see Sophia come into her own and really figure out her ‘calling’, for want of a better word. She’s just left her family and wants to make her own way. And also discover lots of lovely new plants. I want her to make a friend or two and develop her useful skills.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I think at the moment I would like to find a friend for Sophia, someone she can really connect with. So a thread that will give her that in some way.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? I think that the small community and relative remoteness is a strength as it’s so tight-knit and everyone is needed and useful, but I also think that is a weakness. OOC Syka’s strength is definitely that I can already feel so much inspiration to post here!
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I don’t know! You’ve been super helpful so far, so just keep doing the same!
Additional Comments: I am super excited for my first character to be here, and I hope that I will be a good thread partner!
NOTE: During the Fall Sophia is a Dhani, specifically a golden eyelash viper. See here for more detailed info.
Sophia Sunshore
Plant Lady

Words: 193757
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2018, 5:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Jei on July 10th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jei of the Dancing Dagger
Age, Sex, Race? 19, Male, Myrian
How does your PC make a living here? Syka Rangers (TBD)
Are you listed on the job thread in Paradise Rediscovered? No.
Have you set up a job with Gossamer? (Required) No.
Have you done a Founder Thread to get started? (Required) No.
Have you contributed to The Settlement last season? How? First season.
Does your PC have the Syka Required Skills? Competent WS, two combat skills at novice, tracking (novice).
Describe your character in a short abstract? Jei is a crude, savage, man-eating barbarian parading around as a simple soldier who has nothing more on his mind than training his body.
What are your favorite types of threads? Ones with character development.
What types of threads do you despise? Ones without character development.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? He needs to figure out what he's doing with his life and how he's going to do it.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? I'll get back to you on that.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? I'll get back to you on this, too.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? That's three in a row.
Additional Comments: PM is always open, I'm on Discord, too.
Jei
"Dance the edge of death..."

Words: 23497
Joined roleplay: May 7th, 2018, 9:31 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous