Award July 2018's Featured Thread Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

July 2018's Featured Thread Is...

Postby Gossamer on July 1st, 2018, 3:30 am

Ambroisa nominated and reviewed this months Featured Thread being last months winner! Thank you, Ambrosia. The current winners need to select and review another thread for August by the middle of July. :)

July’s Featured Thread

This month, I chose Winter’s Fist by Hurik, Jomi, and Madeira Craven. I chose this thread for many reasons, one of those being my love for the undead of Mizahar. While there are plenty of threads with ghosts in them, they tend to just be players in someone else’s story, but in this thread, the focus is truly on the two individual ghosts, their unique personalities, what drove them to this point, and what will continue to drive them beyond it. In this story, it is the living who are merely the side characters for the greater story of the dead.

One thing that really shines through in the writing of these PCs is the believability of their actions. Both ghosts in this thread are pushed beyond their usual comforts, beyond their usual patterns. Both become something they weren’t in order to preserve a little of what they were. It is a fun transition to see in the two, and Madeira plays a fantastic part in bringing it all together.

All in all, it’s a darker thread with good development of the characters within it.

Sometimes, the simplest way of saying something is the most elegant. Favorite line:

Yup.

I look forward to seeing what paths our undead friends take, how their story develops, and if they ever find their peace. Thanks for the amazing read, you three.

~Ambroisa
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Zeva on July 1st, 2018, 3:46 am

Well deserved, guys! Always a quality read when you lot are involved - I've loved following your threads <3
Zeva
mild annoyance

Words: 47531
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Prophet on July 1st, 2018, 4:31 am

This was a great read! Excellent choice, Ambro and congrats to the trio of authors on this thread. A well-deserved honor, for sure.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Hurik on July 9th, 2018, 5:40 pm

A thousand thanks Ambrosia. I appreciate your assessment of our work, and am gladdened that others enjoyed it too.

All credit goes to the amazing Arisia!
Hurik
Shade of a Silver-Tongued Bastard

Words: 59376
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2017, 8:47 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 9th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Just a reminder... this award will be yanked if the featured authors in the thread do not pick another Featured thread by around the 15th of the Month and send the review to me to be posted at the first. : )
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on July 10th, 2018, 12:35 am

Don't worry, Jomi has been scouring the site all weekend looking for the right thread to shower with love. He's doing the write up and we'll be good to go in a couple days. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the award, Ambrosia! But all the props go to the boys for their awesome character development, Mads just made a nice vehicle for their ghosty angst. :p
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on July 23rd, 2018, 9:24 pm

I'm a bit late to the party, but that was a great read. You're all petched up in the head, but it was brilliant. :P
All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)