Summer 518: Character Registry

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Syresshvassydir on June 24th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Character Name: Syresshvassydir (Sydir)
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Former pit fighter, current science experiment
Briefly Describe Your Character: A constrictor Dhani captured from the jungles of Falyndar. Sydir lives for the violence of the hunt.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, may need some assistance settling into the KRI

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I really enjoy the culture built around each race and would like to see more non-human variants around

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I’d like to get better with dialogue, both internal thoughts and external speech.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Is like to see Sydir form some actual connections to other characters, as well as strengthen his combat skills.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I like to thread with players who have characters that either gel well or create inherent friction with my own. Conflict and variety are the spice of life!

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes please!

You may ask one question of your ST. Other than Ravok, do you have a favorite location or city within Miz?
Syresshvassydir
Player

Words: 28224
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2017, 6:35 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Lee William on June 24th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Character Name: Lee William Ardan
Type of Residence: Resident - seeking citizenship
Profession: Doctor or doctors assistant.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Lee is a curious man, likes to explore and delve into matters unknown. He is also intrigued by both human and sub-human bodies and how they work.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, I heard that you would also have to look at my CS and approve it? If not, then no.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I always found the dravlaks interesting, but I haven't seen them be used in threads. Maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Become a better writer in general, I think I have a very passive way of writing - that and I often write in a manner that assumes the reader knows what my thoughts are - that and increase my word-library (vocabulary).

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Just settling in here at the beginning. I may have to redo a few parts about Lee if I find him dull to write etc.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Creative and intriguing writingpartners are always a good thing. Someone who I feel I get a good groove of writing going with. Someone who I can plot and be devious with.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes. Always.

You may ask one question of your ST. If Rhysol and Ssena had a baby before she betrayed him - who would have gotten custody in a court?
Lee William
Medicinal Wonder

Words: 17666
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2017, 8:39 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belugnir on June 30th, 2018, 9:59 pm

Character Name: Einar Belugnir
Type of Residence: Non-Union Citizen, petchin' Ravokians, thinkin' everyone plays by their rules...
Profession: Bugger's a mercenary.
Briefly Describe Your Character: ''If ye ain't a twit, we might just get along.''
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not really, nay.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Spoopsy monsterses.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat. Maybe work a hunk on describing character thoughts and motivations without outright patronizing the reader.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Yep, combat stuff all across the board.

What do you look for in a thread partner? The ability to provide more focus on character interaction, dialogue/attitude idfk, over exposition, tha's what solos and essays are for, ye walnuts. Also a fine set of feminine curves is very much appreciated. Insert infinity winking faces here.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Very much so. Yes.

You may ask one question of your ST. If the mass of the ass is 6:9 compared to the angle of the dangle, how do you calculate the measure of the pleasure?.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Erienne on July 18th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Character Name: Erienne Velrivven
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Barmaid (pending)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Curious, outgoing, constantly looking for secrets/intrigue/useful information, not always to be trusted with secrets. :D
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Currently only for solidifying her job.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I think religion is used plenty by the character base, and for prizes and gnosis... But I would love to see some actual organized religious movements (cults, priests, what-have-you) start to move IC-ly. At present, I think religion tends to be a sidenote or a means to an end, instead of an overarching plot. This is not going to be the character that explores that, I don't think, but there's a ton of untapped potential in the God lore.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Physical combat. I'm pretty awful at it. Again, not sure how often it will come up with Eri.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Tranformation. Whether for good or bad. Currently Eri is moldable and (for the most part) neutral, loyal to Rhysol because that's what she knows, but it would be nice to see her experience some of Miz and then really swing to one end of the spectrum or the other over the course of several seasons.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Communication. I'm not a whip-cracker, in-your-inbox-daily kind of partner, just let me know if there will be a delay in posting. Oftentimes I restrict my posts to only 2 or 3 at a time, to give timely replies. If I know there's going to be delays or slow posting, it frees me up to add something else into my rotation (social, job thread, whatever).

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Always, and thank you.

You may ask one question of your ST. How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?
Erienne
Player

Words: 8261
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2018, 2:49 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nahaali on July 27th, 2018, 5:26 am

Character Name: Nahaali
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Slave
Briefly Describe Your Character: Quiet, not very bright, lives to serve her bondmate-owner, which is all she knows
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'd love to see the flora AND fauna developed more, as well as cuisine and other aspects of culture like that!

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Keeping the conversation going, thread-wise. Always finding someway to keep it going and keep putting out decent-sized posts.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Cooking, performing in various ways like dancing and playing instruments

What do you look for in a thread partner? Friendliness and patience when I'm going through writer's block. Those are the big things.... Oh, and someone willing to start more often than not! Haha, just kidding, that's not that big of a deal.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? I would, but I'm sensitive so I'll probably be awkward about it as I struggle not to take it personally. But I do want to improve so I got to get over it!

You may ask one question of your ST. What makes life worthwhile for you?
Nahaali
Player

Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Caspian on August 20th, 2018, 2:02 am

Caspian (Mixed Blood)

Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident (though applying for citizenship soon)

Profession: Thief, spy, and companion for hire

Briefly Describe Your Character: Caspian is a mixed blood rogue who has made his way through Ravok on the attentions and patronage of the wealthy elite. He has become increasingly caught up in the glamour and insidiousness of the forces at work, though it is too soon to tell whether this will ultimately be his triumph or his own demise.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Would definitely appreciate any guidance on formally establishisng Caspian’s involvement in one or more of Ravok’s notable families (even to his own resistance and detriment).

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I would be very interested in learning more about commerce and business throughout Mizahar, especially specific brands (as to clothing, medicine, weaponry, anything!) or known celebrities, if any, and their influence on the socioeconomics of Ravok and Syliras, and if so extensive, the whole of Mizahar.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I haven’t written many fight scenes, and would like to explore more effectively crafting and conveying them. I don’t tend to write characters who rely on brute force, but they do often involve some level of acrobatics that I think could benefit from my cultivating a more nuanced approach to description.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I would very much like to increase Caspian’s experience in Larceny, Stealth, Persuasion, and Intelligence (and any other related skills), all towards a career as a master spy, and overall, his establishment as a prominent force in the known economic and religious forces constituting the framework of the city of Ravok. Any involvement with the elite families of Ravok, the Black Sun, and Ebonstryfe would be both a capitulation to his vanity, an affirmation of his prowess, and ultimately a step towards promoting his estranged-but-never-far family to a place of wealth and infamy.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I enjoy working with writers who foster settings and scenarios that embrace potential for in-character conflict, and support emotional complexity.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Of course!

You may ask one question of your ST. Are there any other forums outside Mizahar where you are an active participant, and if so, what draws you to them?
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on August 22nd, 2018, 2:36 am

Character Name: Elias Caldera

Type of Residence: Citizen Supreme

Profession: Ebonstryfe Soldier

Briefly Describe Your Character: It's Elias... you know.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: No

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Creatures.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Better grammar, sentence structure, yada yada yada

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Magical skills and personal plots
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ashanna on August 23rd, 2018, 3:42 am

Character Name: Ashanna / Salome
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Prostitute, aspiring spy
Briefly Describe Your Character: Ashanna is running from a sorted past. Out of lack of options due to having few job-related skills, she had turned to selling her company for the night.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, in getting set up with a job/wages/housing in the city

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Malediction, gotta love a carved skull, not sure if that counts as lore

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Definitely combat, I think I could use some help in that area to keep it from getting too "he kicked, she punched, he dodged, she jumped" but also just like let me know when I'm getting a little too tacky... you'll see it when it happens

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?
I'd love for her to find a bond mate, that'd be great. But also just become the skilled sneaky sneak I'm hoping for

What do you look for in a thread partner? No disappointingly short posts. The shorter your post, the less the person after you has to respond to, eventually its just a snowball type of situation and then everyone is throwing two liners out and the thread dies. Also, please have a sense of humor

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes please! I may disagree but I'm always more than happy to hear advice or just opinions

You may ask one question of your ST. I'm going to hold off on this one for now. It will come to me!
Ashanna
Player

Words: 33603
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2012, 7:05 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous