PM to join Midnight air has a flair [Kynier]

Gods be damned, that pesky Kynier

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Midnight air has a flair [Kynier]

Postby Aer'wyn Grisghul on August 26th, 2018, 6:01 pm

Kynier caught on quickly. Vel could see it in his eyes. And the mage could see it too, in the Akalak. Of that he was sure. The greed of wanting to keep somebody close who could damage Aer’wyn’s mental state enough to relinquish all control of his body.

The conviction with which Kynier spoke of his own valour didn’t sell it to Vel. He simply couldn’t believe that any mage would ever toy with such things selflessly. He had seen, over the daces, two reckless mages do precisely the opposite. He had only the understanding of morphing and no other magics, however. And Morphing was selfish by design, to him. How could he ever understand selflessness knowing so little of mages in the first place? His prejudice was bountiful.

He kept his lips sealed, nodding but his eyes spoke of his suspicions louder than any words ever could.

The Akalak didn’t really understand why Kynier smiles as he so sorrowfully exclaimed about barely being able to protect his one home. Perhaps it was a sign of madness? Perhaps his power was what maddened him or maybe frustration and greed at not having amassed enough of it to sate his ego. Yes - those had to be the answers. In Vel’s mind there was no other explanations.

“Such questions are pointless.” He shook his head. He had spent much of his younger years mussing over this idealised alternative reality where his light brother never existed and he could instead taste the freedom so taken for granted by the humans. “The one thing I want out of my life is for damned Aer’wyn to be dead. I can’t begin to think about what else I could want because with him around I’d never get it. Foolish dreams bring nothing but disappointment. “

Unwilling to get into anything other than a verbal confrontation when disarmed and faced with the magical powers of the other, Vel walked a circle around Kynier as if he was plagued and towards the Gem. But there was something in that question that hadn’t quite allowed the Akalak to leave without answering at least some of it. He wasn’t sure why. Perhaps the evocation of some sort of sympathy had been his daily bread for so long that even in the presence of a mage he lacked the self control to spill his soul out into the air. With his back to Kynier and ears peeled for any sudden noises he said. “If I had it my way I’d have staid in Endrykas among friends and family where I could be useful. I’d dedicate my life in service of the gods. I’d bring justice to those for whom life has been unjust; slaves, the hurt and the helpless. I don’t need magic for that Kynier. And if what you said to Aer’wyn all those many days ago in the basement is true; neither do you.”
Aer'wyn Grisghul
I'm blue, dabu-di dabu-da...

Words: 107489
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2018, 2:43 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on August 30th, 2018, 3:39 am

Eyes were windows to the soul. Wouldn’t it have been convenient that since this akalak had two souls, and two eyes, that Kynier could read both of them just by switching from one eye to the other? That wasn’t the truth of it though. The truth was that only one soul was visible through those eyes, and the disbelief was abundant within that soul. Vel was so closed minded that he couldn’t see anything other than how he wanted. It had been a mistake showing this bigot that he was a mage. Now, he was sure that he would need to lock the door to the master suite until Vel decided to leave.

Only one piece of viable information was given from Vel. His hope of having Aer’wyn die. At that Kynier glared at him skeptically. Obviously, he wished for the soul to be removed so that he could have complete dominion over the body. Magic that had been long forgotten may have been able to accomplish such things. Otherwise, how did Vel think that such a thing would come to pass? “Exactly how would you expect Aer’wyn to die? Losing a will to… exist? Souls are far too potent for that Vel. The only reasonable resource to accomplish your wish is something that you scorn.”

Kynier stood quietly as the Akalak circled around him while keeping a considerable distance. Vel was going to make his departure and turned his back to the mage. Kynier returned to the canvass to continue working on the depiction of a treasured memory. Before his quill scratched another line he heard Vel’s voice again and turned back to face him. The Akalak was talking over his shoulder. Vel wanted to fulfill a noble existence. One not so dissimilar from his own. But he wanted to be home and doing that. With the exception of home, Kynier could understand that. The mage had no other place to call home. They were just buildings filled with nothing but memories of people he lost, or building now occupied by strangers.

The Midnight Gem was home now. And there was stranger living in his presence.

“Then we’re not that different then, are we Vel? We simply disagree on the tools we’d use to accomplish those tasks. To say that I don’t need magic for my goals, is to say that you don’t need your sword for yours. We both have our strengths. You just don’t approve of mine.” Kynier looked out to the sea. Vel seemed to be a lost cause. And a hypocrite. “Magic is everywhere Vel. It’s a foundation of life. So there’ll be mages and wizards everywhere you go. With that in mind, you’d probably be better off staying in Sunberth. At least here, there are people that share your viewpoint.”

Kynier took the quill to parchment again. Lines curved steadily as the goddess’ form came more into being. Slowly, he worked on the hand at the end of the slender arm. Making it upturned and the fingers slightly bent to accommodate the second figure that hadn’t been formed yet. Then smaller, softer scratches were laid into the canvass for the finer details of the divine’s body. While Kynier did that, he kept note of Vel’s position, and what he decided to do.

Credit for the boxcode goes to Luminescence!
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Aer'wyn Grisghul on September 14th, 2018, 7:16 am

"If I knew how to do it I wouldn't be standing here wishing I did." he snapped, growing quickly tiered of Kynier's arrogance. Those were his very least favourite kind of fools; those who knew not the world beyond the tips of their own fingers and maintained that was all there was. Those who thought they knew his existence better than he did himself.

As Kynier spoke of magic Vel said nothing. There wasn't anything more to say. He'd grown convinced the two of them would never see eye to eye. And whilst a debate in desegreement wasn't necessairly always a bad thing, there were some topics he wasn't willing to tackle for he could not be held responsible for the sourness of his mood.

There was nothing more he wanted to say to Kynier. No curses could put word to his scorn. Thus the Akalak turned on the ball of his heel and walked away, with a fist clenched by his side and his teeth clenched, he disappeared into the night air. Not even a fleeting goodbye lingered after his departure. For there was many things Kynier was to him but certainly a friend he was not.
Aer'wyn Grisghul
I'm blue, dabu-di dabu-da...

Words: 107489
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2018, 2:43 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on October 25th, 2018, 3:00 am

Grades!

[Aerwyn,black,white]
If you decide to return, PM me for your grade.[/stab]

Kynier
Skill Rewards
  • Deduction +1
  • Drawing +4
  • Interrogation +4
  • Philosophy +1
  • Persuasion +2
  • Socialization +3

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to PM me.
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Previous