Stitches In The Sun (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 3rd, 2010, 2:49 am

Taithrosa looked between them and listened to each. He even stood up and looked at the image the Kelvic bear drew. He didn't say anything just listened. He wondered more about the Kelvics.

He smiled at the two woman and the bear. "I am glade that you are living yours." He said happily to the half blood woman. He turned to Kavala. "That sounds like a noble dream. It would be one I would like to see come true. To see civilization once again restored upon Mizahar. You are right though we can't just let life blow us we need to take control." He said quietly. He really didn't have a comment to the bears picture thought.

His eyes were thoughtful as he didn't say anything for a while. He just was quiet thinking for a time thinking about dreams.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Asim on June 5th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Seeing Taith move to glance at his drawing, and Raiha's blush, the Kelvic lifted his lips in a grin, though, coming from a rather large bear, it looked somewhat scary. But he didn't moved, and instead nudged Raiha with his snout, before turning his head to look at Kavala. Her answer he liked, and he bowed his head to her. Perhaps, if she wanted help, he would offer what he could. If she was going into the Suvan Sea to look for Valkalah for the Akalak, he'd see about guarding her till he couldn't follow anymore, and he'd ask Raiha to go along.

With a small yawn, the Kelvic bear blinked his eyes and lowered his head, thinking about getting some sleep. It wasn't every day he had to run a couple miles to catch up with a traveling companion. Of course, he rarely had traveling companions, since he liked staying in one place. But, perhaps, he could travel some more, if he had a reason, like helping Kavala, or Raiha.
Last edited by Asim on August 21st, 2010, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asim
Thunderbear! HO!

Words: 22947
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Raiha on June 13th, 2010, 6:00 am

"Asim's volunteered to help look for Valkalah," Raiha told Kavala quietly, then, having followed Asim's gestures, and stained the cloth with a little more blood from stabbing herself again. "I will help, too," she smiled a little, tilting her head and exposing the gills on her throat for Taithrosa to see. Kavala already knew about them, as did Asim. But Taithrosa might well be wondering how the hybrid could have a look at the bottom of the sea. "I can breathe underwater, and I see well in the dark. If that proves to be a problem, well, Auristics might well help down there." She almost regretted mentioning the magic as soon as it left her mouth, but... she was among friends here. It wasn't like she was any good at it, after all.

What have I told you about keeping your mouth shut about these things? Kanikra scolded. He is a perfect stranger, remember? I'm trying to protect you, but it's hard to do when you do not want to look after yourself.

He's also an Akalak. Besides, who is he going to tell? Raiha argued back, getting a far-away look in her eyes as she looked off in the distance over the water. What does it matter? You prefer the Akalak over the Konti as a rule, anyway.

They can't tell what you're thinking when you keep your mouth shut. Therein lies the difference, Kanikra argued. That's far better for you. Besides, you never know who might decide what is useful for you, or try to blackmail you into anything...

It's also being unbearably rude to be quiet and not participating in a conversation when they're inviting me to do so, Raiha cut her off. Kavala is my friend. You are going to have to get used to it.

She didn't know how long she stared at nothing, arguing with her sister. She began to stitch again, slow, simple, basic stitches, one after the other, slowly trying to make the waistband work. She stole a glance at Kavala's own needlework and almost let out a whistle of admiration. Her own were nowhere near so advanced - maybe in time. But while Raiha appreciated the craftsmanship that went into such things, she had never been one for fancy frills and finery, She liked the fact that she didn't have to feel guilty about ruining something as she inevitably did. It just never suited her. She had a feeling she might like her rough pieces just as they were. Rough. Raw. Simple. Plain. "What were the Akalak like before the Valterrian?" she glanced at Taithrosa and Kavala. Both of them knew more than she did, and, well, she was deeply curious about it.
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on June 22nd, 2010, 8:03 pm

ImageKavala also wanted to know the answer to Raiha's question. She'd been curious since Taith had been dropping hints all the way from the beginning of their meeting. So she kept quiet, and kept working on the stitches she'd already learned. Kavala was having an amazing time doing something for Hatot. It wasn't much, but it was definitely something she enjoyed doing. She automatically decided she'd spread the joy and craft something else for him, perhaps after his manhood rite was over. A tunic maybe? She wasn't sure exactly - but she'd pick something nice out for him. Kavala didn't think he had much in the way of wardrobe or even armor besides his gauntlets.

As she planned out the gift, she listened quietly, smiling at Raiha who was obviously leaning on a very sleep bear. Kavala wouldn't be surprised if the bear was now out for the duration of their trip the way he stretched out and looked comfortable. She wondered if Raiha had bonded with Asim, and if so what that was like. Kavala would someday love to have a companion of her own - and hoped it could be someone as fierce as the bear was.

Kavala looked up, meeting Taith's eyes, and smiled. "I'd very much like to know that too, Taithrosa." She added.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 5th, 2010, 4:35 am

He looked at them and then out to see. He let his mind wander before he began to speak again. "We were a proud people. Content in our lives and under the watchfull care of our race's father and mother gods." His silver eyes took on a lost and distant look.

"Like all Akalaks there were two sides to our culture then. You had the civilized organized peaceful side, and the violent chaotic dark side. There were far more children then I see now in Riverfall. Children were a pride to our people. It never was easy to have them so they were treasured, and to a civilized Akalak there wasn't anything better then to list the names of your offspring. Geneologies were maticulasly kept. Forward and backwards." He turned slowlly towards them. "Honor and glory were our mottos. Honor for the Akalaks whose lighter side controled them, and Glory for those possesed by their darker sides. It was a strange civilization forever balancing between the light and the dark. We were neither good nor evil, we were great heros and great villians. I don't have many memories but I do remember being happy in our city. I remember serving as a healer. Health was always important for us. Cleanliness, strength, and mental stability."

"I remember the games. Contest, they were the center of our festivals, and holy days. It was how we honored the gods. We never offered sacrifices of life, but instead we honored them with our greatest warriors." He paused smiling, and then seemed to come awake. "Sorry I rambled there. In this form my memories of that life are much stronger, but still they are like a found dream."

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Raiha on July 14th, 2010, 4:04 am

Raiha listened, fascinated, to Taithrosa as he spoke, tucked as she was against Asim’s muscular, furry bulk. She had wriggled a little bit to practically cuddle into the sleeping bear, but she did notice Kavala’s smile as she looked at the pair of them, and their eyes met as Raiha smiled back a little. She and Asim would talk later, and then, well, then they would see. She would apologize again - she had been well out of order to speak to him like that. The Kelvic could well have just been back to take his back and leave – he had had his cozy den in the Syliran wilds, and territory there, so maybe…

But Raiha hoped he would stay.

“Don’t apologize,” she spoke up with Taithrosa had finished. Her fingers tested the row of small, decent stitches in the waistband-to-be, testing their strength against the fabric and her own. They seemed to hold, so she started knotting the thread, trying without much success to tie these fiddly little knots until she had a small, tangled mess. It didn’t bother her. She just sewed over it anyway, and with the bit of ruffling at the waistband, it wouldn’t be too noticeable anyway. That was good. A small start, but a start nonetheless. She browsed through the small booklet, then, until she found something on buttonholes. That would make sense. Even if she was using a ribbon in the waistband, she would want to reinforce the material. She twisted the thread again, and began to stitch the first eyelet into the slit she had made with the scissors. “It sounds like it was a lovely place to live. You speak of the lighter and darker sides… do you still have them now? Are you accompanied by your twin?”
The first rule of Akajia is you do not talk about Akajia.
Raiha
Raiha Shadowplayer

Words: 492991
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on August 12th, 2010, 4:59 pm

ImageKavala was pretty much done with Hatot's cloak that that point. All she really needed to do as add more silvery running stitches to fill in the figures she'd been working on in the various combat stances that trailed down the length of the garment. She had all the stitches she needed to actually do the threadwork, so she just kept making repetitive stitch after stitch filling in outlines or outlining new spaces to be filled in. The cloak was finely made so the fabric took to the needle well.

Taithrosas words filled her mind and the Konti suddenly wondered how it was the Akalak had fallen so far. The Valterrian almost took everything from them, but they had made a remarkable recovery. But it was painfully obvious from the state of Riverfall that they weren't out of the woods yet. She wasn't certain they ever would be. But Kavala knew the Akalak to be noble people, filled with a wisdom that few other races possessed - certainly above that of humans. The Ethaefal though, she wasn't so certain about. They seemed more cursed than anything, and Kavala couldn't help but wonder why. Where did they come from and why were they here? No one had ever seen children of their races, and no one had certainly heard of a city where they all lived.

It seemed unnatural. And Kavala couldn't help but wonder if there was more to the story. So she remained quiet, hoping Taith would eventually get to his transition between Akalak and Ethaefal, and perhaps shed some insight on that.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Baku on December 30th, 2010, 7:36 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Kavala: +5 Embroidery, +3 Sewing, +5 Observation, +5 Rhetoric(Or Conversation), +1 Debate,

Lore: Finding Enjoyment in Creating Something for Another, The Basics of Embroidery, Embroidery: Stem or Stitch Outline, Domino Effect: Relax/Smile/Hum, Picking a Relaxing Spot, First Meetings: Taithrosa, Suspicion of Approaching Akalak Intentions, Invitations to Share a Relaxing Spot, Finding Humor Calming, Konti & Akontak: Informing the Uninformed, Invitation: There’s Room For More, Ethaelfal: A First Look, Embroidery: Color Mingling and Texture Patterns, Fascination in Living on Transition, Purpose of an Ethaelfal’s Return, Embroidery: The Blanket Stitch, Not Wanting to Be in the Spotlight(Thank you Raiha. Much luvs. Mhwa!), First Meetings: Asim, Males: Filthy Disgusting Revolting Creatures With Their Thangs Hanging Out, Offering Asim Modesty: Cover That Thing Up Asim Before You Slap Someone With It, Wanting to Compare Notes in Healing, Embroidery: The Braid Stitch, Interest in an Ethaelfal’s Fall, Ignoring the Naked Bear, Taithrosa’s Fall, Friendly Advice for Taith, Embroidery: Chicken Scratching, Sympathy For Asim, Giving Asim More Credit than He Gives Himself, Offering Hope to Taith, Embroidery: Back Stitch, Embroidery: Coral Stitch, Civilization Needs Help, Embroidery: Feather Stitch, Embroidery: Barb Stitch, Finding Valkalah in Thanks to Riverfall, Curiosity of Akalak History, Akalak History: Taith’s Perspective,

Taithrosa: +5 Observation, +5 Rhetoric(Or Conversation),

Lore: Frustration Over Changes, Memories Eliciting Conflict, First Meeting: Kavala, Spots That Bring Back Memories of the Past: Valkalah’s Tears, Accepting Invitations, Enjoying the Simple Things, First Meetings: Raiha, Konti: A Glimpse of What They Are, Akontak: A Glimpse of What They Are, The Shock of Learning of New Races, First Meetings: Asim, Kavala and Healing: Something In Common, Flattery to Konti and Akontak, Protective Instincts, Kelvics: A Glimpse of What They Ar…Petch! Put Some Clothes On!, Frustration Over Lost Knowledge, Amusement Over Asim: He’s So Cuddly, Shifting Topics: Less Me and My Memories More Healing Center, Kavala’s Social Drawbacks, A Clean Slate in Life, Thinking of Dreams and Goals,

Raiha: +2 Riding, +2 Falconry, +1 Auristics, +5 Observation, +3 Rhetoric(Or Conversation), +1 Scolding, +2 Debate, +1 Negotiation, +3 Sewing, +1 Embroidery,

Lore: Liking the Darker Colors, Reminders of Why You’re Here, Kankira’s Lessons: Need/Take/Have, No Feeling the Need to Rush, First Meeting: Taithrosa, Not Wishing to Intrude, Ethaelfal: A First Look, Respecting a Friends Wishes, Not Wanting to Speculate, Horse: Ungraceful Dismounts, Kankira’s Lessons: Harsh Enlightement of the Worst in Individuals, Wonders in Race Origins, Kankira’s Lessons: Get Out Your Pointy Thing Since You Chose a Magic That Just Lets You Be a Mystic Voyeur, Embarrassment Over Asim: Stop Yelling and Cover Up! You’re Going To Put An Eye Out With That Thing!, Taithrosa’s Fall, Kankira’s Lessons: Don’t Take Crap From the Bear, Raiha to Asim: STFU and Mind Your Manners or GTFO, Kankira’s Lessons: Strip Yourself of Everything to Learn the Real You, Raiha’s Lessons: Shut Up With Your Lessons Kankira, Chasing After Asim(With Something to Cover Him Up With), Trying to Find Compromise With Asim, Snuggling With Asim, Debating the Skirt, How to Tie a Knot, Embroidery: The Backstitch Seam, Living the Dream, Curiosity of Akalak History, Akalak History: Taith’s Perspective

Asim: +1 Running, +1 Intimidation, +5 Observation, +2 Debate,

Lore: Announcing Your Presence With Authoritah!, Human Form: Letting it All Hang Out, Raiha: Lookit Me. Lookit Me. LOOK AT ME!, Being Upset With Raiha: You left me and took my stuff woman, Accepting Modesty, They Need For a Good Scare: Seeing a Naked Bear Will Do Wonders For Them, Asim to Raiha: I’m a Bear and You Broke Your Promise! Roar!, Telling Kavala to Take Her Sympathy and Shove It, Bearing Yourself One More Time(double pun intended), Storming Off, Compromising With Raiha, Getting Close to the Group But Keeping Distance, Only Raiha Should Come Near Me, Revealing His Dreams, Thanking Kavala, Wanting to Hel, Akalak History: Taith’s Perspective

Additional Notes: An interesting get together. There was sewing, there was conversation, there was streaking. Good times, good times. A shame it ended prematurely.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous