Winter 518 Character Registry

Register Your Characters Here for the Winter Season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on December 6th, 2018, 1:54 am

Character Name: Crylon Stonecraft
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident/Visitor
Profession: Last job was using Architecture, unclear at current if still doing.
Briefly Describe Your Character: An Isur exploring the wilds beyond the borders of the Kingdom, seeking to expand his knowledge and learning and some day return to Sultros with it. Currently focused on building styles and ways of the non-Isur.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, related to job stuff.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The religion of Rhysol, how it is displayed and conveyed by its citizens, I've always found that so interesting to see. Particularly after seeing how it is looked upon in other cities. Indoctrination doesn't seem to quite convey it.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? A great focus is, for clear reasons, always on the city on the lake itself, but the lakeshore seems to be both part of Ravok while its own distinct thing. I would love to see more details about it, the people that live there, why, its differences from the city on the lake cultural or otherwise, etc.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Expose him to more of the city, its people, its environs, to gain a better understanding of the city and its culture. There are still a great many concepts that are clear to others, but that elude Crylon as an outsider.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Combat, magic, always good. Intrigue at times, and any excuse to learn about making or building something is nice.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Detailing the above mentioned making/building. I've never been a very hands on type person and I still need to work on details related to depicting such things.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Shiress on December 12th, 2018, 4:59 pm

Character Name: Shiress
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident Slave? We'll see...
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Nah

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. Other than its a city floating in the middle of a lake, maybe the military aspect.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Nah, its all perfect

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Shiress will hopefully become a citizen and possibly open a clinic.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Anything

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Dialog and sentence structure

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Belugnir on January 8th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Character Name: Einar Belugnir
Type of Residence: Non-Citizen Resident
Profession: Mercenary
Briefly Describe Your Character:
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Nay.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you: The concepts for Druvin and Dravlaks have always been a bag of ungodly goodies that I wanted to poke.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? A way of saving up time going from lake shore to city proper would be nice.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Bonding with a couple other PCs, getting better at Reimancy.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Combat and meaningful interactions, yes.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? I would very much like my attention span improved, rather than the actual writing I am able to do.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oleander Soleran on January 16th, 2019, 4:52 pm

Character Name: Oleander Soleran
Type of Residence: Non-citizen resident
Profession: A gardener at The Lark Family Floating Botanicals
Briefly Describe Your Character: A young herbalist and gardener who arrived in the city with his sister two years ago looking for his past, but never quite settled in.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The gloomy atmosphere that looms just below the shining city is perfect.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Answer here.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Actually, I need to get back into writing altogether. Character development goals will come to me as I go.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Interaction, really. I enjoy social threads, provided they are impactful and lead to character development. Also, it's fun to write NPC-based banter.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Always the same: Combat. No good at it.
Oleander Soleran
"Herb Boy"

Words: 87933
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Itt on January 27th, 2019, 8:23 am

Character Name: He doesn't have a name, but people generally call him "it". For formality's sake, his name is Itt

Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident/Visitor/Slave?

Profession: Currently undetermined. Possibly slave?

Briefly Describe Your Character: Itt is a Kelvic sloth who was taken from Syliras by slave traders. He currently has no possessions or connections whatsoever, as he's never left Syliras in his life. He's a simple man who is optimistic and curious, and is fascinated by birds and the concept of flight. I think he'll interact with Ravok society in interesting ways.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: I think I may, actually, for Itt's entrance to the city. I have a specific idea I had in mind for how Itt enters the city and I'm not sure if it'll require approval or a moderator's guidance or not.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. I really like cities that have a lot of conflict and tension between their own perspective on their city and other's perspectives. Most times with concepts like this, the cities are in all out war, so seeing Ravok existing without being in perpetual war with others and yet still have this intense string of tension between outsiders and insiders lends to a lot of possibilities. The concept of Rhysol being in charge and intercepting everyone else's religious worship is also really cool. Just the whole veil thing Rhysol has going on is neat.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? I mean, I don't know nearly enough about Ravok to suggests critiques at this point, but if I find something I'll let you know.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? My main goals for Itt is to get him connections to people and somehow have him discover Zulrav/religion for the first time. Religion won't be a problem I don't think but Zulrav probably will. And have him get a job, hopefully not as a slave to the KRI, but we shall see where the chips land.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I enjoy social interactions, but I love anything and everything: action, comedy, drama, anything you can name.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Probably tense changes. It's a nasty habit I have that I never seem to catch before hand, so getting rid of that habit would be nice. Also being more true to the character and not forcing what I want to happen onto them if they have a specific path they're going towards. And a bazillion other things.
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Previous