Completed One Final Bargain

Kelski makes one final business deal in the heart of Sunberth.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

One Final Bargain

Postby Kelski on May 27th, 2019, 3:52 am

Timestamp: 60th of Spring, 519 A.V.

Kelski knew it was more than time to set all her affairs in order. Kelski didn't want to say goodbye to a good friend, but she had too. Dess had volunteered to come along as they met Sastiva for one final transaction. Truth be told, the Kelvic felt a little bit like she was running away from her problems and she wasn't sure that made her a failure for Sunberth at not. She'd succeeded at so much here, but being fully successful at owning a jewelry store wasn't enough. She wanted to be whom she truly was openly, and not always wander through life hiding who she is... who she was... from those she didn't trust.

This last thing was a business deal, pure and simple, one she had to get done. If she didn't do this and just simply walked away, she wouldn't have the means to carry on what she wanted to do in Zeltiva. So Kelski walked besides Dess into Sastiva's office at Goldfinger's and sat down across the desk from loan officer's assistant. They greeted each other like old friends, which they were, and Kelski quietly introduced Dess as a friend as well. The blond man and the dark-haired woman exchanged greetings, and then the two women got down to business with Dess looking on.

"I'm here to sell The Midnight Gem with all its improvements, if its something you are interested in. It's been a very successful business, as you know, in a very good location and we've done a wonderful amount of improvement. It's ready for almost anything to move into it and take over. I have an itemized list of what's included, what I'm keeping, and what I want for it." Kelski said, pulling out a parchment and sliding it across the table to Sastiva.

Her friend looked over the list, and pulled out the contract to her original loan to compare what she'd done with the basic items first sold to the Kelvic comparing what she wanted for them to now. Other than the additional land, forge, and stables ... which were listed at a reasonable fee... there was nothing new added cost wise. And though nothing was actually downgraded for wear for the less than year Kelski had held them in her possession, there was not any additional cost for improvements, which had been many.

Sastiva looked over the figures as Kelski and Dess watched, agonizing over whether they would get what they felt was fair or not.

New Additions
  • Smithy (Simple) – 700 GM
  • Stables (Simple) - 1000 GM
  • 1 Acre of land additional adjacent to The Gem– 1000 GM
  • Training Room - 1000 GM
Total = 3,700 GM brand new items

Pieces From Original Loan
  • Workshop (simple) = 600 GM (400 sq ft)
  • Shop (Elaborate) = 1,000 GM (400 sq ft)
  • Storage Vault (simple) (400 sq ft)
    • masonry walls 2GM = 800 GM
    • lock (amazing) = 150 GM
  • Common/Living Room(simple) = 250 GM (400 sq ft)
  • Common Area/Balcony (simple) = 250 GM (400 sq ft)
  • Master Bedroom (simple) = 800 GM (400 sq ft)
  • Bath (simple) = 200 GM (200 sq ft)
  • Bedroom (simple) = 350 (400 sq ft)
  • Office (simple) = 200 GM (200 sq ft)
  • Patio/Deck, Stone = 400 GM
  • Fireplace, hearth, Firepit = =22 GM
  • 1 acre of land For The Gem = 1000 GM
  • Water Well = 100 GM
Note: I cut the shop sellback price in half
for keeping all the shop EQ for JC shop and
only selling the building. I did not take the
25% discount because of improvements via
the Arch. Its a lot nicer than what I started with.

Total = 5,222 GM sell back.

Prices From Expansion

• Bedroom (Simple) x2 = 350 GM = 700 GM
  • Library (Simple) = 500 GM
  • Kitchen (Simple) = 800 GM
  • Fireplace x 2 = 15 GM = 30 GM

Total = 2,030 GM

Total Worth
  • 5,222 + 3,700 + 2,030 = 10,952 GM total back from sale

The figures were as close as Kelski could get and she hoped her friend completely understood her breakdown and how she calculated her costs.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

One Final Bargain

Postby Kelski on June 16th, 2019, 3:32 am

Sastiva looked over the figures, compared it to the original contract, and then looked thoughtful. Being Kelski's friend, she'd been at the Gem more than she cared to admit, and she knew there were elegant touches and beautiful inlays that were not listed that Kelski hadn't even included on the price list. The Gem Crew had worked hard on the structure, even fencing the yard for pasture for the horses.

Signing off on the situation wasn't hard and Sastiva pulled more paperwork out, inked in some figures, and nodded.

"It's fair. How long are you going to be in the structure?" She asked, knowing Kelski had a fair bit of moving to do.

"We're going to leave the 73rd. We should be all cleaned and it should be ready for anyone to take over occupation." Kelski added, looking thoughtful then nodding again. "I have fairs and cargo space purchased on a ship heading south. I'm going to miss you, Sastiva. But honestly I think Zeltiva or else the region around it will be a lot better for me. And for business. Jewelers can do well in Sunberth. I've proven that. But its not an easy life. I would like something easier." She said thoughtfully, knowing her friend would understand.

"Okay. I'm going to deliver the funds when you exit the building. That's how it works. Sign here, here, and here..." Sastiva said, gesturing at multiple places on the paper. "I'll be there personally on the 73rd to say goodbye and take possession of the building and give you the funds. I won't let you down. We will be there." She said, looking thoughtful and offering Kelski a smile. "i understand why you are going. I really do. And I wish you all the luck in the world too." She said, passing the documents to Kelski for her to sign.

Kelski dutifully inked in the paperwork, passed it back to Sastiva, then obediently signed copies of her own, giving up ownership of her beloved home... her first home she'd ever owned all by herself.

Dess reached over and squeezed her shoulder. His gesture seemed to say she was doing the right thing. Kelski offered him a smile and they both nodded to Sastiva. She finished their business, then rose, crossing around the desk to give Kelski a huge hug. "I'll miss you so much, Kelski. I hope to see you again someday, but if I don't I'll know your happy. Be happy for me... please be happy!" She added.

Kelski returned her hug. And then they both left before it all got too much.

Thirteen days later, Sastivas was up at dawn and at The Midnight Gem. The place was closed up, empty, and all the freight was down loaded on the Waveraider which was setting sail with the late morning tide. All that was left was a trio of Kelvics and a trio of Humans that were waiting to say a final goodbye to the building, wait for Kelski to take her payment, then walk the short distance to the dock to board the ship that would sail them off towards Zeltiva and a new life.

The exchange was made, goodbyes were said, and the six lives headed off for the future... leaving Sastiva to make the slow walk back to Goldfingers alone.

Words: 1204

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

One Final Bargain

Postby Kelski on June 16th, 2019, 3:33 am

G R A D E S
Kelski-

Leadership +2, Business +2, Negotiation +2, Mathematics +2

Business: Selling a Business, Business: Documenting Expenses/Values Carefully

Note: 10,952 to ledger for sale.

PM me with questions or concerns.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)