OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Post all Syka OOC chatter, questions, and comments here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Postby Torien Encinosa on July 12th, 2019, 5:47 am

Do you have particular measurements of the span of beaches from the water to the jungle throughout the length of syka written up somewhere I don't know about? Or can I imagine that there is only 20 feet of beach here and there, and maybe 50 feet over there. And we have to have the npcs cut down these massive trees in order to take advantage of more than 1/4 of an acre of the 5 acres of land we get for free?
Torien Encinosa
Player

Words: 27317
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2019, 6:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 12th, 2019, 11:25 am

Torien-

Your free to imagine whatever you want. That's what imagination is all about. Do I have every single detail on every square inch of Syka, its terrain, it's people, their ooc and ic facts, all the flora and fauna written up in minute detail? No.

Will I have this done someday? No.

It's not even remotely reasonable to insist on that. I go above and beyond most mods here. I've developed Syliras, Wind Reach, Riverfall, Kenash and many others. Syka I'm keeping simple and letting develop organically. And basically all your questions since you started have in essence equated to asking me to change that.

Reasonable discussions are welcome. Demands are not.

The only place you are free to assume anything on is your own claim. The rest of the settlement is described in writeups both written and visual form.

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Torien Encinosa on July 13th, 2019, 5:12 pm

That's not so bad then. I'm considering a claim along the river since it's cooler there. Since your offering some freedom with creating it I can change the landscape around. I've gone through lots of beach pictures last week and saw some with high mountains and a small stretch of beach at their bases. I've also seen dunes of sand bordered by beaches, like isles of land with no trees etc etc. But if its direct off of panama I'll need to go do some panama research..not really need to since theres plenty of storylines to write up doing other things besides exploring the beaches.

You've done plenty of work already. I'm just a guru for details and don't want to rewrite my posts too often heh.
Torien Encinosa
Player

Words: 27317
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2019, 6:59 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 14th, 2019, 3:10 am

Just some quick business.

I've updated the map. It turns out its too big to actually fit in a code without being really stupidly tiny in its writing and layout... so it looks a little funky but you guys should have no complaints about where things are.

Since I updated the map I updated the linkmap as well. None of you active players have actual housing locations on there. You might want to remedy that if you have staked a claim.

Torien has been uninvited. His learning curve to get up to snuff on the site was just too long and shallow to merit letting him stay. Please don't GodMod, Powergame, Invent NPCs, compare your penis size to that of NPCs, or oogle the ladies of Syka that are perfectly capable of killing you with a look. Then don't fill your ST's inbox with stupid questions that are easily answered if you read location descriptions and the codex. And when she stops answering you, don't move on to filling the request thread and other places with questions just to get her attention. The staff was convinced he was trolling. I was more stubborn and slow to believe it.. but after all I've witnessed, naw... he was a troll. They were right.

I'm sure this won't be you.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on August 26th, 2019, 3:15 am

Hello Folks.

Our host is retiring our Server as of September 1st. That means Tarot will have to bundle up our site, migrate it to a new server, and reopen it. Then our URLs will have to be repointed to the new server. All that means downtime before September 1st.

And as of right now, I don't know when this will occur. I will let YOU know as soon as I know. However, what that means is we might very well be down for the last day or even for a few days before Season Change. That means any last minute posting, placing placeholders, getting requests in... etc should be done NOW rather than later... because it might very well be that we are down on the 30th... and its hard to predict when URLs are repropagated how long that takes. It varies.

Again... this is coming this week. I have no idea how long it will take (what problems will arise) or how long it will take for the url to be pointed to the new ip. If I know the IP ahead of time I can give you the direct link... but again... I don't know when this will happen. If it doesn't happen, we will absolutely be down on September 1st and gone.

I don't want this to happen. Miz is important to so many of us. So please spread the word and let people know this message is here. ST's. Please post in your forums and remind folks as well.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ines on August 26th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Thank you for the warning, Goss. I hope everything goes smoothly.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 18th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Hi Folks!

I been really scatter brained because of working long hours, dying of heat, and now the distraction of the holiday season (I'm two months ahead of everyone being in retail). So If I owe anyone anything ... posts, replies, responses to PMs, etc... please let me know. Don't wait for me to remember. I won't. I've been having a hard time concentrating (for some reason!) and have been overly grumpy lately. Don't let that stop you from approaching me about a need or request. I'd rather see you taken care of than to wait without hope of a response when my attention is needed for something.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 30th, 2019, 2:53 am

The seasonal quest is posted. All you have to do is show up at the commons at sunset for a meal and a meeting. That gets you in the quest if you want to join. The timestamp is the second of Fall.

Seeking Answers To Questions Not Asked.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on October 3rd, 2019, 4:56 am

Hi Folks!

Just a heads up.

I'll be replying to the quest tomorrow after I reply to Shiress and Crylon's Quests. So watch for it and if you haven't gotten a post in, there's still time to join.

This quest will be challenging for all levels.

You will sacrifice and you will be rewarded. There will be no posting order and if you feel the need to respond to another player between mod posts, feel free to do that as long as you don't hijack the thread.

I will be posting twice a week, once during the week and once on the weekends... most likely Sunday. So unfortunately if I wait until Thrus to post, it gives you very little time to respond until Sunday. I will be trying for Sundays and Wednesdays. I missed the window today because I came home and passed out for much-needed sleep. Tomorrow won't be the same.

Enjoy your writing.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on October 13th, 2019, 12:47 am

For those involved in the quest:

Please make sure you list all the gear you are bringing with you in your prep post. It'd be nice to have a spoiler listing what you carry in backpacks and belt pouches and what weapons you have on you. I'd like you to be thinking of what you could bring on the trip and what will do you the most good... then pack for it. Supplies can be purchased at the mercantile the morning of - Juli will have it open - if you need something extra.

There is no posting order. I will post again in a few days... no later than Wednesday. Thanks!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext