OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Post all Syka OOC chatter, questions, and comments here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Postby Gossamer on June 1st, 2021, 3:37 am

Tonight marks the end of Spring 521 A.V. Tomorrow is the official start of Summer 521. Please act accordingly and get your placeholders in and your job threads done. Every thread that's not completed at this point is considered grandfathered. You can finish them at leisure but don't start any new ones in Spring.

I will have the new calendar up this week and a new registry up tomorrow.

Happy Summer!

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5915349
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Postby Gossamer on June 3rd, 2021, 10:41 pm

Hi Guys!

Just checking in with you. If you are playing in Syka this season, please register in the Character Registry and answer the questions as best as you can.

If you need a job, The Syka Employment Guide is your location to peruse what is available. Remember, jobs that require you to go out in the jungle mean you have to have EXPERT level WS or always be with another PC/NPC that does... so I discourage people from getting jobs that restrain their capacity to function. If the job you want isn't listed, don't hesitate to suggest it. But whatever you do, make sure you have some ability to pay living expenses of common or higher.

Remember, that thread says:

Before anyone gets approval for Employment, they must complete the REQUIRED Syka introduction thread where they arrive in Syka, talk to one or more of the Founders, and get permission to live and work here. That thread is your gateway to employment, housing, etc. It can be solo'd or moderated. But it must be one of the first things you do in Syka before anything else. It clearly states this in the Codex. :)

So once you decide what sort of job you want, let me know by posting IN the employment guide. You must have your intro thread well underway or done. If you can pay your living expenses through starting coin, contest winnings, etc... you don't have to work. You can hang out on the beach and be a bum.

Intro threads - They are required, but I don't need to moderate them. I really enjoy moderating them and will be happy to post to yours. But you can solo it if you'd like. Almost all the NPCs in Syka are available for you to use... including the Founders. However, if you do solo your intro thread, you'll need to arrange jobs/loans with me ooc in the above way. That's done through PMs.

That leads me to loans. If you take out a loan, you must TRACK that loan and make payments faithfully just like you do irl. The thread for that is The Syka Housekeeping Thread - Lands And Loans. If you take out a loan, track it here. :)

If anyone needs anything - Let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5915349
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous