Closed [Empyreal Demesne] Scouting New Territory (Dess)

Sometimes territory isn't physical but sometimes its completely mental.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Empyreal Demesne] Scouting New Territory (Dess)

Postby Kelski on August 6th, 2019, 4:45 am

Kelski wouldn’t have called Dessarian quiet. He was too occupied in watching everything at once and observing. She would instead have labeled him some sort of mystical Watcher. He was almost the human equivalent of the towers that oversaw the changing of the seasons and the tides of change washing over the world. He actually felt older than the smooth lines and youth of his face. Kelski would call him fascinating, truthfully, if she let herself hold still long enough and stop running from what he represented for her. He was a past she didn’t understand enough to want. He was a representation of some sort of utopian privileged should-have-been that made her chafe against what actually was harder than she cared too. Kelski liked to live for the future, not for the past for the past was hard and dark and full of pain. The drive inside her was strong, representing that she was built differently than a lot of people. She saw the next step and then the step after, and carefully paced herself through the obstacles in life to see that those steps could be neatly paced.

This was one of those paces… a movement forward. There was a tower and a new piece of land and a new start away from the darkness of Sunberth. And if she was honest with herself, as she leaned over to snatch Little Rhaus back up and set him on her shoulder, she was in flight from Dess again.

He answered none of Little Rhaus’ questions. Kelski hadn’t expected him too, not really, though the statue was as bold as he was magical.

Dess might as well have been a Nightstalker, so carefully he guarded his secrets though he had told her he would tell her anything. Kelski just had to ask. It made her mad, truthfully… for interrogations weren’t a pleasure for her. She liked learning, but from those that were generous with their knowledge and volunteered much of what she wanted to know. But Dess’ words reminded her of a Master who generously offered his slave all the food she could eat… if only she took it from his hand. It was a sly way to make someone come to you, to need something from you, and to grow used to such subtle training. She didn’t want to be tamed.

So halfway up the steps she stopped her upwards motion and halted, half turning with a hand casually lifted to Little Rhaus’ dangling feet so the magical statue didn’t fall from his perch. She met Dess’ eyes and the silver in her gaze burned. “I won’t. I won’t ask. Not now. Probably not ever. But you are wrong. I am not all you have. You have yourself, Dessarian. I learned that lesson early in life, as a very young child in fact.” She said, having no way to tell him how she saw his words… how she saw the lure of wanting information mixed with the taming of a soul. Fed animals forgot how to hunt and slowly forgot the real pleasure of seeking their own prey and feeding on a fresh kill they made themselves.

The Sea Eagle turned, finished the spiral upwards, and set Little Rhaus down at the top of the stairs a safe distance from them. She looked around, eyes skimming over where Hattie was already rooting through old cupboards and walked to the lofty windows to throw one open. The wind was teasing and urging her to fly and in that moment she wanted to jump… spread her wings, and let the air pockets she could sense all around the tower loft her skywards. Dess was proving to be a problem to her. He was getting under her skin in a way she didn’t want to admit or even think about. But that was half the problem, wasn’t it? She spent a great deal of time thinking of him, wondering about his mysteries and fighting the urge to approach him and do just what he suggested… ask him question after question.

The stubbornness rose in her though and as Little Rhaus’ ceramic feet clinked around the room steadily, him making his own investigation. Kelski stared out over the wilderness and drew in the wind, the scent of rain and the promise of tomorrow and let it calm her. One breath, another, and then another. Kelski gathered her awareness within herself, pulled on her well deep within her body, and threw power into her gaze. She called the Magesight easily now, far easier than she had seasons ago when she first learned how to do so. Then she turned to the room, ignoring the creatures roaming through it which numbered more than just Hattie, Dess and herself. Little Rhaus was a glow of power – divine power – which made her smile. And the mice and rats that had moved in along with several squirrels scurried in the darker places of this floor. The critters didn’t bother her. She thought of them as convenient late night snacks as she scanned the room and noted their numbers.

Then she paced forward from the window she was standing in front of and began circling the room. Hattie had opened almost every chest and cupboard in her scrounging search, but that wasn’t what Kelski was looking at. She saw traces of power in the walls, in the rotting furnishings, and in the very stone of the floor itself. Someone had lived here once. The furnishings for the enormous upper chamber indicated as much. There was even the remains of a bed – a large four poster style – with a canopy that had long rotted and fallen aside. The bones of the place were solid. It had just been left alone way too long.

Kelski approached the bed and wondered if this was were the last resident had perished. There were no signs of bones, but deep in the rotted remains of what were once bed dressings, a glow emitted. Kelski swallowed hard and reached into the rotting fabric and remains of whatever had stuffed what had once been a mattress. She felt something cool and rippling with power in her fist – a long slender thing. She tugged on it and with an effort, what felt like a staff pulled free. Its head was shrouded in shredded rotten cloth. She set the butt end of the … spear?... down on the ground and started pulling the fabric and the remains of some sort of long dead plant from the head… revealing a three-pronged ornate trident. Kelski blinked in surprise, her magesight hovering on the thing’s aura and how it glowed with power.

“It’s magic.” Kelski said abruptly, blinking her magesight away and releasing the power from her eyes. She studied the length of the trident and wondered what in the world it did. “There are currents of air and water around it… strong elemental magic.” The Sea Eagle said thoughtfully. Then she abruptly looked up as a shadow moved that was cast by the sunlight sreaming through the window.

"Favored of Akajia. It was hers. The last Mistress. She used it to walk under the water without drowning. It turned water to air so she could breathe.” It was Chal, Kelski decided, matching the voice to the new shadows that lived here.

“Thank you.” She said abruptly to Chal’s identification.

“He says it’s a device to breath underwater. Interesting.” Kelski thought how handy that would be to set lobster and crab traps. “Where there is one thing there might be more. But regardless of whats here or what isn’t…..” She said as she leaned the trident up against the wall where it couldn’t fall and where it remained in sight. “… I think I’m going to claim this top portion of this tower for my workshop and living quarters. Cleaning it all out, adding some walls, and putting my equipment here… I can work. I can bring in an income from my jewelry… and keep this new homestead afloat.” Kelski said thoughtfully, then nodded as if she decided.

Then she glanced at Dess and Hattie, to see their reaction.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 7th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Dess didn’t expect the little living statue. It was boisterous for such a little thing, full of opinions and questions, though what the strange thing said of the Drust was true. But the sudden interrogation irritated the Damazar, feeling no desire to answer to a tiny magical man. He didn’t speak very kindly of Kelski either. Nevertheless, Dess could see the little statue cared for the Kelvic, even in his brutal honesty. Maybe that was why Kelski considered him her best friend. It was clear she was very fond of him, for there were few he had ever seen receive the measure of affection she gave Little Rhaus.

Kelski seemed anxious to move on, both in conversation and exploration, and so they did, Dess not pursuing the topic that had arisen. He had thought his promise to answer those questions, and any other, would help foster the small amount of openness that had blossomed between Kelski and he. He even voiced something he normally would not, an affinity with Kelski that he had with no one else. He was wrong about it all.

Dess stopped abruptly as Kelski halted her climb up the stairs and cast a piercing pair of raptor eyes at him. Her words were sharp and clear. She wouldn’t ask about the past. Did she or did she not want to know? Dess didn’t see the premise he had established with his well-intended statement, thinking maybe Kelski was struggling with whether she really wanted to know where she came from or not. She also rebuked him for not relying on himself. Kelski had no one but herself and managed to prosper, why should he need her? But if someone killed everyone in that small group of people she dared let get close to her, she would understand the significance of what he had said. Or maybe not. He thought he knew the Kelvic mind, and maybe he did, but he certainly had not grasped Kelski’s paradigm.

He hadn’t meant to upset her. Nevertheless, the brief interaction closed the matter, at least for the moment as they reached the highest floor of the tower. Hattie had already been rummaging and Kelski, Dess and the ceramic Rhaus joined in searching what had been living quarters. Dess’s gaze swept over walls and ceiling, noting the Kelvic lingering at the open window, her breasts rising and falling with deep cleansing breaths. He too breathed in the fresh air that moved through the stale room. It would not be difficult to render the place habitable again. The ceiling looked well intact, and there was no unusual stains or patterns of debris on the walls or floors that indicated the roof or windows leaked.

Kelski captured his gaze again as she moved through the room. Her eyes scanned the chamber with intent, though she moved nothing as she did. He drew closer as her attention fell to the large dilapidated bed. Dess held onto a post of the bed frame to steady it as Kelski suddenly plunged her hand into the mass of dry rotting remains of bedding and mattress. She produced what turned out to be a three–pronged spear. The unveiled trident was in excellent shape. Kelski’s declaration explained why.

Magic.

Dess waited patiently, now able to recognize when the Nightwalker spoke with the shadows. It seemed the long dead resident of the tower had gifted the Demesne with something that would help with the very survival of the group. After Kelski looked again to the room, Dess drew closer to examine the trident, his finger tracing the sharp tines of the tri-tipped head. But his eyes found the Kelvic again as she expressed her intent for the room. Dess turned and took a step closer. He could not begrudge her the top floor. In fact, the Damazar couldn’t see who could complain, and he would readily correct anyone that did. They were all alive and safe because of Kelski, they were building a new home because of her business. And she had dreamed up the vision of the Empyreal Demesne and the Meraki. The least she deserved was her own space to live and work.

“It makes sense.” Dess agreed. “It will take some time for us to produce other items for trade. We can all help get you set up in here, so you can begin to work.” He turned to envision Kelski’s shop and living quarters set in the chamber. In Sunberth, her home was a refuge. It also seemed fitting that the Sea Eagle would have her perch on the highest floor. Dess walked over to a large dresser, stepping around the little creramic man.

“The first floor could be the gathering and dining place, and there is a floor for the men and one for the women. And you in this one." He stopped and turned. “I wonder if there is a sub-level, an opening somewhere on the ground floor we missed.” It would make sense, it was common to have some space below ground, for storage and for keeping food stores cool. He took the stairs back down.

On the main floor, Dess examined the flagstone floor. They would have seen an obvious opening on there first inspection. Moving to a pile of debris that looked like broken chairs near a wall, he glimpsed wooden boards through the broken furniture. Moving some of the pieces aside, Dess saw the signs of a door. The rest of the debris was pushed and kicked away to reveal a trap door. He grasped the iron ring handle and tugged. The door creaked loudly in protest as it opened, revealing stone steps leading into darkness. He had no source of light with him but stepped down several steps to stare into the darkness. He snapped is fingers. The echo of the sound suggested a small room. Perfect for storing more precious or vulnerable supplies.
Dessarian
Player

Words: 146366
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2019, 4:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 8th, 2019, 5:14 am

Kelski was a little surprised no one argued her claim. Little Rhaus just seemed smug about it since the little statue tended to be where Kelski was. She figured there’d be at least some opposition about her claim of the whole top floor. But the truth was she needed space for her workshop. She needed room to spread out and not be crowded among others.

“This is a long way from where I used to sleep… less than a year ago.” Kelski muttered, glancing down at Little Rhaus and glancing sideways first right and left to where Hattie was still rummaging and where Dess was slowly moving closer. “I was given space in the bottom of a wardrobe to sleep. I piled blankets in there and closed the door for privacy. It was just enough room to curl up and feel a little safe and get a little privacy.” She smiled ruefully, The statue met her eyes and said nothing. There was a lot of water under the bridge between the two of them, things she hoped Dess never found out about. If he did, there’d be no way to earn any of his respect if indeed she’d garnered any of it as of yet.

She wondered why it mattered so much. But it did. And just slightly Kelski fought the sensation even as Dess agreed to her claim for the top of the tower. Hattie said nothing, of course, probably not too concerned about things since she already lived fairly wild. But Dess had more to say and Kelski gave him her full attention.

“It will take time. You are right. It will take time to grow our own food too, have the manor house done, even make room for things like our own forge, our own orchard… even getting the dock done.” Worry started to creep into Kelski’s voice, though it didn’t cause her to dim her outlook. Things were good. The tower was such a boon… such a bonus. She left Little Rhaus to wander and found herself trailing Dess and listening to him. “Yes… a gathering and dining place. There is everything there already for a nice kitchen setup.” She added, agreeing completely with him. She liked how he automatically assigned one floor for the men and one for the women until everyone could have their own space. “The ladies… Mosa and Hattie might want to stay on the ground floor. I’m not sure Mosa is up for stairs and we could make them a place so they don’t have to climb.” Hattie had no trouble with the stairs, but she didn’t want Mosa to feel left out or confined to the first floor without company.

“I’m staying.” Hattie said, calling over to the two younger members. “In fact, my daughter and granddaughter are with me too. They’ll help. One’s a good seemstress and ones a good cook. I’ll bring them around later.” She said, glad the two youths were planning for her already. That was a good sign. The old woman liked it too that they were working together, even if the two children didn’t realize they were.

“There might be a sub level… and if there isn’t… we could easily install one. That’s what we did at The Midnight Gem. We took what was there and expanded it for an exercise and training area.” Kelski said, following on his heels wondering how he was going to determine if there was one or not. She saw no stairs down on her first trip through.

She watched him investigate, uncertain what he was looking for. Kelski trailed Dess, not interrupting, but observing as he skillfully found the trap door and exposed the storage below. The Kelvic wondered how many other rooms were like the one he’d just found. Probably not more though, since the floors and ceiling and indeed rounded walls were clearly defined. Only the ground floor would have opportunities for more space like this. Helpfully, Kelski sent the glowing explorer’s globe after Dess, lighting the way for him as she perched on the rim of the trap door, watching silently above. “That’s a good find.” She said softly, quietly, studying the man’s tenacity and determination.

“You are so different than other humans. Your focus and drive are unique.” She said softly, settling her rump on the edge of the trap door and letting her legs dangle down the wall of the stairway. He was below and she wasn’t sure he could even hear her. No one else was around. The two younger adventurers had left Hattie far above and no one else had been with them on this discovery. For the moment, they had the whole place to themselves. Kelski had the urge to follow him down to the magically lit gloom below. But she was worried about space, of crowding him and being crowded herself… though she wanted to see if anything was down there.

“You confuse me. I didn’t think anyone would like me claiming the whole top floor… and that was after I snapped at you.” She said softly, swinging her feet, letting her good boots strike the wall with the heels almost like an impatient child. Kelski wanted to offer him something of herself, but she was uncertain how to proceed.

“I didn’t own my own life for a long time. Many things that seemed gifts were not gifts.” She muttered as Dess poked around below. It was easier for her to talk to him when she wasn’t looking directly in to his piercing blue eyes. “I was traded once to a man, a Svefra, who noticed I hadn’t been fed well. I was bone thin and hungry much of the time before him. He seemed to good to be true. And I was very young. I was originally traded because of my strong will and stubbornness. We don’t make good slaves, people like me.” Kelski continued.

“The man offered me food, all I could eat, and I was excited by the prospect of a full belly. But he said the generosity had its price. I could eat all I wanted, until I was full or even overfull, but I had to take all that food from his hand. I was angry and willful and very very dangerous because of my animal form in those days. But I was starving and food was food, no matter if I ate it off the ground, ate it off a plate, or ate it from someone’s hand. I thought there was no difference. But I was wrong. There was a huge difference. Taking it from him brought me close to him. He had to put his hands close to me to feed me. It took me several full stomachs and a bit of time to realize the more he fed me the more I allowed him to touch me, focusing on the food and not on him. I started depending on him for food and I wouldn’t even notice him stroking my hair or running his hand down my back as I ate. He was conditioning me to his touch. He was taming me. I didn’t even realize it until one day he slipped his hand beneath my tunic and touched my chest, rubbing me… with an intense excited almost victorious look on his face. I could smell his lust. He touched a sensitive part of my chest, pinching me, pulling at my body and I … I bit off his thumb.” Kelski said without a hint of tone change in her voice. She might as well be explaining how she sliced bread for a sandwhich.

“When you said you would answer any question that I wanted an answer too that all I had to do was ask… it reminded me of that man. All I had to do was take the food from his hand. I have to come to you. I have to ask. That scares me. I know that comes with more… I just can’t see what ‘more’ it comes with right now. I didn’t see the more then either. “ She explained, thoughtfully, and far more mature than she expected from herself. Her admission might make him mad. But it was how she felt and what her experience had been.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 9th, 2019, 2:26 pm

As he descended the few steps into the underground chamber, Kelski's glowing light revealed its true breadth. He took a step into the room, scanning. It wasn't very large, deftly carved out of the rock which served as the tower's foundation. He moved to one wall, his hand running lightly over the surface. The stone face bore no sharp angles of chisel or maul, but smooth, shallow marks. He suspected the room was excavated with the help of reimancy.

Mostly empty, a pile of old building supplies lay in a corner, including some blocks and bricks apparently left over from construction. Dess began to move, sliding along the wall, feeling the surface with his hands to discern any indication of another room. His mind went back to a comment Hattie made. Her daughter and granddaughter were with her. Could it be Lynnean and Keesha? He didn't mention anything at the time, letting it lay until they were finished exploring the tower. It could explain how Hattie knew about the Drust massacre. He was eager to learn more.

Kelski's voice drifted down from the basement entrance, and Dess looked to see her legs dangling, swinging like a child's. He smiled a bit to himself before continuing along the chamber wall. Dess listened to her speak without comment, wanting to learn more about her, even if what he heard was upsetting. It dug at him again to think of anyone treating Kelski like a slave or an animal, ignorant of her true potential and power. Though Dess could not help but be amused at how she stood up for herself.

Then Kelski revealed the reason she shared the story. Dess lowered his head. While it was not his intention, he had himself paralleled that man's behavior. A pang tightened in his stomach. Dess stepped back to the foot of the stairs, one foot on the lowest step, leaning a hand on the bent knee. The Damazar looked up at her. The angle provided a perspective of the woman he hadn't had before. He could see the resemblance to her brother.

"I didn't oppose you taking the top floor because it made logical sense, but also because I think you have earned it." He began, clarifying why he supported her plan. Then he looked down at the floor and sighed. His azure gaze lifted again to find the silvery eagle eyes.

"I didn't mean to do that, to be like that man." He continued. "The last thing I would want to do is tame you. Look at all you have accomplished! Had a man truly tamed you, none of this, the Demense, the Meraki, my life, and all those you took into the Gem and helped. None of it would have happened. I don't know you well, Kelski, but I know enough to see that taming you would be like killing you." Dess paused, but his eyes remained fixed on the Kelvic. He wouldn't make her ask.

"Is there a 'more'' I am after? Maybe there is. I want to be your friend, I want to earn your trust. After that, I don't know. But I am not intentionally manipulating you to get there.. " Dess reached to brush a stray blonde lock behind his ear. "See, when you were promised to me, it was not like the men who traded you around as a slave. Our families, yours and mine, have lived together, worked together, for centuries. K'etir are powerful mages, the Damazar, devoted warriors. We were an alliance and much more. It was important to our united goals that the families remain bound and committed to one another. The K'etir bloodline produced many Kelvics, and they would offer them to Damazar, kind of like an arranged marriage. With the Kelvic bonds, cords between the K'etir and Damazar were strengthened." Dess moved up a step, so he could see Kelski better.

"I know, it does sound kind of like slavery. But K'etir Kelvics are treated with respect, as peers. So, when it was arranged that you would be given to me, I was greatly honored. I looked forward it. Even when I held you as a baby, I knew I wanted to take care of you. It was devastating to us all when you were taken."

For the first time, Dess's gaze dropped. But it soon lifted. "So, you see, when I can looking for you, it was with great anticipation. I was eager see what you were like, grown. I had hopes. I expected you to be a slave, that I would be your rescuer and ..." He stopped, coughing a laugh at himself. "Well, it didn't turn out like that. But its alright, I was grateful to see that you escaped that sort of life, to make your own way."
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 10th, 2019, 3:14 am

She had watched him with her strange Kelvic eyes as he’d roamed and explored. She even watched him as he climbed back up the steps, one at a time, slowly listening to her. Her hand had followed the shadow of him cast on the wall by the Explorer’s Globe and she fought the urge to shift slightly, slide off her perch and step into it. His scrutiny was as intense as her own. Silver met blue. Blue met silver. And they listened to each other. Somehow, they even managed to hear each other. He was leaning on a bent knee, projecting casual ease. But she could feel the coiled tension in him, the readiness. He was always ready for something and for some reason she didn’t think he was even conscious of it.

As he spoke, responding to her words, she decided she very much liked the timbre of his voice. And she felt a sudden almost unwelcome pride at his approval, at him telling her she earned her lofty tower nest. He was closer now and she wasn’t sure he even realized he’d moved upwards as he spoke. Her gaze followed Dess’s hand as it brushed the stray tendril of hair out of his eyes and then reached out and captured his palm on its way back to wherever he was moving it. She turned it over in her own hands, cradling it in her grip. Her thumbs ran lightly over his layers and layers of callouses. And then she closed her long-nailed digits over his toughened knuckles and drew him closer, gently pulling on his arm.

“I believe you.” She said suddenly, softly, then drew her eyes up from where she’d been studying his palm; perhaps even reading it. “You have no reason to lie. You have no reason to make any of this crazy story up. When I was very little and scared, when things got very bad for me, I often dreamed the dreams of the waking that someone would come to find me. I imagined someone was looking for me. It brings me …. comfort beyond measure that someone was.” She said thoughtfully. Then she tugged on his hand harder, urging him up more steps so he stood level with where she sat on the edge of the trap door.

Kelski leaned towards him then, pressing her forehead against his. It was a gesture that was full of complex emotion, and more than its fair share of gratitude. “Thank you” She whispered, touched by his words, and touched by what he said he wanted to be to her and what he’d had waking dreams of doing. “You might not be too late to rescue me. There is so much fear inside me, Dessarian. There is so much pain. And I am so very very angry.” She confessed, knowing that anyone close enough to her – as close as the little magical statue – would absolutely know that her words were the truth. She lifted her head then, brushing her lips gently on his forehead and letting her warm breath wash across his skin.

“I told you already…. I trust you. I will need to think about being your friend. I’ve never had many of those, and I don’t exactly know what to do with one. Little Rhaus is easy. He takes care of himself and doesn’t judge. But you… with you… I find what you think and what you feel to be important to me.” Kelski said quietly. The Explorer’s Globe had risen up from the trap door chamber, following Dess to the surface. It washed them both in its strange magical blue light. “And that’s hard to swallow… because for the most part, I hate humans… especially men. But I find it nearly impossible to hate you.” She whispered, then released his hand and leaned back. Her eyes studied his features again, trying to read his expression… but as always she found deciding what humans felt or thought to be hard.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Dessarian on August 12th, 2019, 7:05 pm

There was a release of tenstion as Dess spoke freely to Kelski of their mutual background. She listened without interruption, and the Kelvic's focused attention coaxed Dess to continue, until he could get out what he should have told her from the beginning. It as a bit embarrassing, confessing his expectations when it came to meeting Kelski. But every word was spoken as honestly as he could, and the man hoped the unpredictable Kelvic would not judge him too harshly for the practices of his family, or his own part in the plans made for her as a child.

No words were offered by the woman, not right away. But a deft hand captured his wrist. His instincts would have cause him to flinch, to stiffen with the sudden hold. But Dess's body did not react so to Kelski. The muscles of his arms relaxed, submitting to Kelski's guidance. A slender finger with a talon-like nail grazed the toughened surfaces of his palm. Dess found the sensation pleasing, a subtle trill of nerves in his belly as her hand closed over his, a gentle coaxing drawing him up closer to her.

A soft breath of relief left his lungs as Kelski expressed her reaction to his words. She didn't seem angry or disgusted. And he definitely didn't expect to be a comfort. With fluid grace the Damazar took several more steps at Kelski's urging, until he could look the sitting woman in the eyes. Those silvered eyes swam with depth and a rawness he had never seen. When Kelski pressed her head gently against his, Dess's eyes slid shut. There was something between them, rich, dynamic and emotional. The simple gesture, so intimate, spoke loud volumes to Dess about Kelski. He found himself in awe of the moment.

The truths she unveiled to him, they carried the honesty of a Kelvic mind. Dess knew there was no guile in Kelski. She shared with him her very real thoughts, not sparing him her misgivings and challenges. It was if he were meeting Kelski for the first time. The Kelski he had nearly died trying to find. The warmth of her lips on his forehead, the brush of living breath against its skin. They were gestures of endearment he had longed for. Then, she released him.

Dess nodded slightly. moving up the stairs until he could turn and sit next to the Kelvic. "I want to be your friend, Kelski. But I won't press. I know it takes time. Its good to measure a person closely before befriending them." He finally replied. "I don't know why you feel that way about me. Maybe it was because, at one time, even as an infant, you knew me. Maybe you felt how much I cared when I held you." He shrugged. "I won't take your trust in me lightly, and I hope to be the human who becomes the exception for you. Thank you. Thank you for buying me from that cell. You didn't know who I was and you did it anyway. Thank you for talking to me. I am sorry I have held these things from you for so long."
Dessarian
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kelski on August 12th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Dess didn’t move like most awkward humans did. He moved like a man used to his own skin and comfortable with his body. Fluid grace infused him as he moved to sit beside her, taking up space in a companionable way without crowding her. Kelski wanted to fight the fact that his presence was more of a comfort than an intrusion. She wanted to rage against caring what he thought and wondering what he would think. But some things were beyond her control, unchangeable, and somewhat surprising. Dess’ presence in her life was surprising. And he filled a huge space she didn’t even realize was empty – one at her side.

She reached out blindly, without looking at him, and once more found his hand with hers. She twisted her fingers in his and gripped his palm with her own linking them physically like they were somehow linked spiritually. Kelski still didn’t look at him. She couldn’t. Instead, she spoke her truth to the open air, knowing he’d hear it and maybe, just maybe afterwards she’d look at him.

“I don’t think friends is what we are supposed to be. I feel it. You feel it. I want to fight it, but its exhausting. I only want to fight it because its not like anything I’ve ever felt before nor wanted. Friend seems to shallow of a term… too hollow… not enough. I’ve only known you less than a season, but I look to you for all sorts of things… things I’ve never needed from anyone before. Approval. Comfort. Mirth. I even feel your love. I feel it. I don’t know how. I’m only starting to understand why. I have pieces of a bigger picture and I keep fumbling to put them together. There are people all around us here. Family, even, Dess. But they aren’t the same sort of family you are. And I feel so alone among them sometimes. But I never feel that way with you. Sitting here beside you… it feels like I am home. Just give me time. I just need a little time. I hated it when you told me that I was promised to you. I hated it so much. I wanted to hit you, to punch your lying mouth. But it feels so… its starting to feel… “ She rose then, releasing his hand, and actually looking at him. Emotions were crossing her features faster than he could track.

“It’s starting to feel good… normal… almost right.” She said, really looking at him now. Her silver eyes were confused, almost rebellious. But then she touched his cheek, gently, just for a moment before she turned and walked away. Though it was a graceful flight, one filled with pride and dignity, Dess would clearly see it for what it was. His K’etir daughter was fleeing. And there were times and places to let those being quietly chased get away. This, perhaps, was one of them.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kelski on October 31st, 2019, 11:01 pm

GRADING

Kelski

Leadership +2, Hand Axe +1, Scouting +4, Running +1, Wilderness Survival +3, Endurance +3, Herbalism +1, Acrobatics +3, Investigation +5

The ED: Full of Life, The ED: Lay Of The Land, Dess: Good Company, Dess: Chief Of Security, Scouting: Bear Scat, WS: Laying Ribbon Trail, WS: Animals Move With Water, Herbalism: Identification of Sassafras - it makes a good tea, Blowgun: Being Darted & Drugged, Self-Defense: Freeing Oneself From Bindings/Restraints, Hattie Zrevan: Appearance & Personality, Hattie Zrevan: Family Serves The Damazar and K’etir, Drust: Enemies Of Her Family, Drust: Murderers of her Family, ED: Has a Hidden Tower, Tower Shadows: Chal. Tuz. And Naudi, The Tower: Layout and Appearance, Damazar: Dess’ family which guarded hers, K’etir: Kelski’s family of magical mages, The Two Families: Built Shielded Keeps, The Two Families: Kept Their Secrets From The World – Kept Their Residences Secret, Drust: Pre-Valterrian Enemy Family, The Tower: Build By Magic, No One Has Inhabited For A Long Time, Hattie: Follows Ovek,, The K’etir: Wanted Kelvics, Wanted Them Bonded To Damazar, Dess: Will Keep No Secrets From Her, Dess: Marked By Wyser, Drust: War Mages, Drust: Ruthless, Territorial, and Controlling, Kelski: Loves Little Rhaus & Is Loyal To Him, Trident: Magic – Allows One To Breathe Underwater, Dess: Wants To Be Her Friend, Dess: Easy To Trust, Dess: Never Stopped Looking For Her

Note: Trident Magic Item Acquired

Dessarian

Flux 1, Observation +5, Socialization +5, Interrogation +5, Planning +2, Scouting +4, Wilderness Survival +3, Endurance +3, Teaching +5, Negotiation +3, Acrobatics +2, Investigation +5, Phycology +3

The ED: Full of Life, The ED: Lay Of The Land, ,Dess: Chief Of Security, Scouting: Bear Scat, WS: Laying Ribbon Trail, WS: Animals Move With Water, Dess: Favorite Food Clams & Fish, Kelski: Loves The Sea, Kelski: Easy Company, Dess: Torn Between Past And Present, Kelski: Remembers Him From Being A Child, Blowgun: Being Darted & Drugged, Damazar & K’etir: Massacred Last Season, Damazars: Supposed To Be All Dead, Drust: Raided The Damazar/K’etir Fortresses, Drust: Will Come If They Hear Dess Is Alive, Hattie Zrevan: Appearance & Personality, Hattie Zrevan: Family Serves The Damazar and K’etir, Drust: Enemies Of Her Family, Drust: Murderers of her Family, ED: Has a Hidden Tower, The Tower: Layout and Appearance, The Tower: Build By Magic, No One Has Inhabited For A Long Time, Kelski: Nightstalker with Multiple Marks, Hattie: Follows Ovek, Kelski: Trusts Him, Little Rhaus: Appearance & Personality, Kelski’s magic Statue, Kelski: Rich, Stubborn, Cusses, Judges, Has Terrors, Never Sleeps, Kill First, Kelski: Loves Little Rhaus & Is Loyal To Him, Kelski: Used to Sleep In The Bottom Of A Wardrobe, Kelski: Has Deep Seeded Trust Problems, Kelski: Suspicious of Dess, Kelski: Grateful For His Vigilance of Looking For Him, Kelski: Very Angry, Kelski: Needs Him For Approval, Comfort, Mirth, Kelski: Feels His Love, Kelski: Knows Dess & Kelski Are supposed To be More Than Friends

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous