The 15k in 15 Days Challenge [01/20 - 02/03]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Baelin Holt on January 25th, 2020, 8:05 pm

PC Name: Baelin Holt
Thread List:
  • Intersection (Unfinished)
Total Word Count: 0
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Naiomi on February 1st, 2020, 9:40 pm

PC Name: Naiomi
Thread List: Game Trails and Cat Trails 1 (1,232)
Total Word Count: 1,232
Naiomi
Dogged Friend

Words: 40211
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 2:50 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Vigor on February 3rd, 2020, 11:26 pm

Wish I didn't get sick :(

Sign-Up Form
PC Name: Vigor
Thread List: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic78038.html (2000 words)
Total Word Count: 2000
Vigor
Player

Words: 9225
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2020, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luminescence on February 6th, 2020, 12:42 am

Prizes!

Congrats to everyone for participating! A lot of you gave a good effort, so even if you didn't make the full 15k, there are still some prizes for those of you who made it close. :) Thanks again to Wa'Djinn for coming up with this challenge!

If you hit...

5K Words

You get a boxcode! PM me with any details or requests, and I'll make you a boxcode.

Winners
✧Wa'Djinn
✧Autumn

8K+ Words

If you made it to over halfway, you can get a boxcode as well if you wish, and you get some bonus money. 8,000 words nets you 100 GM, and every 1,000 after is another 100 GM. Alternatively, you can cash in your prize money and instead choose a single item from the prize list for the 15K Words winners.

Winners
✧Ennisa (500 GM)

15K Words

You can either pick two of the prizes from the list below, or if you want to test your luck, you can take three provided that you roll for all of them (a d8, any repeat numbers default to the prize listed below); if you also want a boxcode, just let me know, and I'll be happy to make you one.

Winners
✧Madeira

Prize List

1 - Cat's Paw Slippers: These silk black slippers resemble those of a ballet dancer's; when worn, the wearer will find that their footsteps are now absolutely silent, no matter how heavy or fast they walk, or what sort of ground they are walking on. Even deliberately stomping will produce no noise. Wearing these slippers provides a +15 bonus to any Stealth rolls.

2 - Laviku's Pendant: This pendant is a beautiful seashell that hangs on a delicate silver chain; the shell seems to glisten slightly as if it was damp at all times. Wearing it produces no visible effects until the wearer enters water; they will find it easier to swim, and most notably, they will find they can hold their breath for significantly longer. Wearing this pendant allows the wearer to hold their breath for up to 10 minutes if submerged in water, and grants a +10 bonus to any Swimming rolls.

3 - Choker of Silver Words: This choker is simple but elegant; a silver ribbon with a clasp, there is a small, sparkling sapphire attached to it. When worn by someone, the ribbon will meld with their skin, creating a faint silver sheen around their neck and attaching the jewel to the base of their throat. The jewel can be removed if the wearer chooses, though doing so is painful and will leave a wound that will scar, and after it is removed it is rendered useless. While worn, the wearer receives a +10 to both Persuasion and Hypnotism rolls, provided that the Hypnotism is done audibly by using the wearer's words.

4 - Glowing Ink: A small jar of ink that is seemingly infinite in supply; in the jar, the ink appears to be normal black ink with a faint sparkle to it. When used to write with, the ink will generate a soft glow. Anything written with this ink is perfectly visible in pitch blackness, slightly difficult to see in low light, and seemingly invisible in bright light.

5 - Star Map: This 'map' is a delicate square of crystal; 5 inches by 5 inches, it is within a dark wooden frame, and comes in a soft velvet pouch. During the day, the crystal is completely clear, as if it was a sheet of glass. At night, the crystal will darken until it is almost opaque navy blue, and small points of light will appear. Anyone remotely familiar with the night sky will realize that the crystal is presenting a miniature version of the sky above them; the map will show whatever stars are above where it is currently placed, and will adjust as it is moved. It will work no matter what the weather is. A tiny image of the moon rests in the upper right corner at all times, showing the current phase of the moon.

6 - Marking Pebbles: A small jar filled with 20 smooth, seemingly normal pebbles. However, upon picking the jar up, the owner will realize that the pebbles actually each emit a blue-green glow. It is faint but visible during the day, and vibrantly visible at night or in the dark. What is particularly notable about these pebbles is that only the person who owns the jar can see the glow; to everyone else, they simply resemble normal pebbles.

7 - Crystal Lamp: A rough chunk of clear quartz crystal roughly 10 inches tall and 5 inches across. If the word 'Light' is spoken, the crystal will emit a gentle glow like candlelight that illuminates the immediate area; it is bright enough to see, read, and write by, and will fill the rest of a standard sized room with a dim light. Tapping the crystal once will change the colour it is glowing; it will cycle through standard, red, blue, green, and purple before back to standard. Speaking the word 'Off' will turn the crystal off.

8 - Moment Catching Mirror: A small oval ornate hand mirror, the actual mirror measures approximately 6 inches by 3 inches; when the owner speaks the word 'Still' while holding the mirror, the reflection will freeze, capturing whatever scene is currently reflected in the mirror exactly as is, allowing for later scrutiny of whatever was captured. The image will last for 24 bells, or until the owner passes their hand over the surface of the mirror, at which point it will return to being a normal hand mirror. It is only usable once every 24 bells; if a reflection is captured in the mirror and then erased before it naturally disappears, the mirror will not capture another reflection until the 24 bells it usually takes for a reflection to disappear have passed regardless.

As always, prizes must be claimed in-thread and cannot be gifted, sold, or otherwise given away.

Post here to let me know your choices by Friday night 9 PM PST, and I'll add them to your SS threads. :) Congrats again!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on February 6th, 2020, 4:04 am

Thank you for the challenge and prizes, Lumi! It motivated me to get deep into some of my overdue solos. <3

I'll take #6 Marking Pebbles and #4 Glowing Ink, please :)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ennisa on February 6th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Wow! Thanks Lumi. Though the mizas would actually be super helpful, I'd like to cash in for a prize instead. Could I have no. 8, the moment capture mirror? That was a brilliant challenge, and I only wish I'd been able to complete it. One of these days I'll hit a word target... :P
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Previous