OOC Info [OOC] The Concilium

Home to everything OOC.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Lhavit's development sub-forum. Within its threads you can find announcements, sign-ups, contests, and more!

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Madeira Dusk on March 13th, 2020, 4:42 pm

Hey guys!

As I'm planning out my threads this season, I was wondering if anybody wanted to do a short thread during the Heart Festival calendar event. I'm very interested in meeting the mysterious stranger NPC, as well as squeezing in some seasonal challenges, like the flower exchange. Anybody interested? :)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Autumn Rose on March 17th, 2020, 3:01 am

Likewise. Meeting Briar sounds like a thrill and I'd love the opportunity to connect with more people on the streets of Lhavit.

I am playing a lot of catch up right now though, so we'll see how much time I have available to pursue a new season.
Autumn Rose
Even weightless, I'm a burden.

Words: 223913
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2019, 12:12 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Luminescence on March 17th, 2020, 3:37 am

Hi all!

I'm glad to see interest in the calendar and challenge this season. Keep up the plotting and have fun!

That said, I'm sure some of you noticed I've been editing locations. I've gone through and edited all of the locations on the linkmap; the dovecote has finally been added, and locations that were waiting for NPCs have mostly been dealt with and added. I've also made notes of NPCs that have died. Mostly, I was finally adding proper pictures to locations to replace the art fillers that I put in some time ago.

The only big changes were to the library; the Tower sections of the library have been scrapped, including the previous way to access magical books. Finding books on magic within the library will now be mostly decided via dice roll. I've also implemented a slightly different system for access to the library; in short, you provide a Seeker with information on your first visit, and in exchange receive a pebble. This pebble is your library card; from then on, simply show it on subsequent visits, and you'll be allowed access to the library freely. There are more details in the location write-up.

If you plan on going to the library but have already been, I do still encourage you to thread this out rather than implying it's already been done, since I think it could be fun. :)

You'll notice that I also edited the Atlas; this was also mostly replacing pictures, but I did add in some tidbits of info on things like Lhavitian cuisine and general climate. I also elaborated on some other sections such as culture and fashion.

Most importantly in the Atlas, I cleaned up the flora and fauna lists; they were chock-full of real life plants and animals, which isn't the point of flora and fauna lists, as otherwise they would be endless. As such, the lists are now a fair bit shorter, so if you've had any ideas for plant or animal submissions, I encourage you to write them up or discuss them since now would be a good time!

As always, if you have any questions, just let me know. Happy writing!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Luminescence on March 27th, 2020, 3:00 pm

I'm sure most of you have noticed, but on the off chance that someone has missed it, I am posting this notice that there is officially a new rule in place regarding placeholders.

As any site rule, I will be following this, and I expect you all to do the same as well. That means that starting on the 1st of April, I will be deleting any placeholders that I see that are more than a season old. If you don't want your old placeholders deleted, then please take a proper read through the announcement if you haven't yet and do what you need to in order to turn your placeholders into actual grandfathered threads.

If you have any questions about the new rule, please direct them to Gossamer on the original announcement post that I've linked here.
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Autumn Rose on March 30th, 2020, 7:30 pm

timestamp
    extra information

Hey, everyone! I realize I marked “Love Me Not” as closed, but if anyone wants to join me for the Heart Festival, I’d be happy to have people join me. I have a few planned things but would otherwise be open to whatever we want to do. Also I want to meet Zintila at the event at the end of the season. I was thinking of eavesdropping/spying on her while she was singing and getting caught. Let me know if you’re interested in either of those.
Autumn Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Ennisa on April 26th, 2020, 9:42 pm

Hi all! I wondered if anyone would like a Lhavit write-athon? I know times are hard, times are lame, times are sucky. It is hard to write when the world is as it is currently. Sometimes it's nice to know you're writing with others though. If anyone would like to join in with a write-athon (as we're about midway through Spring now), please PM/DM me (or comment below) when is a good time for you in the next week or so, and we can arrange a time when we can all write together. Even if we're at different time zones, it would be super nice to know we're all writing at the same time. :)

We could maybe each set ourselves a word goal as well, so we've got something to aim for. I'm not thinking anything formal or structured, so no prizes or cool, shiny things. Just writing for writing's sake, to kickstart the motivation so to speak.

Next week, I'm free most days if I'm honest. Tuesday is good, and the week-end is fine also.
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Autumn Rose on April 26th, 2020, 11:13 pm

I think this is a great idea, Enni! I work late on Tues and Thursday, so writing probably won't happen a lot for me on those days. If we decide to try for one of those days, I'll still try to write though. Also, we are having an unofficial NaNoWriMo like challenge. (We've dubbed it May Mayhem). The aim is 50k in the month of May.
Autumn Rose

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Madeira Dusk on April 27th, 2020, 8:15 pm

I can write Tuesday! That's my only day off this week, unfortunately. But I can still do this friday too if you don't mind me getting a pretty late start. Regardless I'll still be getting a few words in here and there whenever I can throughout the week. Times are indeed sucky, and this seems like a good way to get that motivation back. Thanks Ennisa. <3
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Ennisa on April 27th, 2020, 8:35 pm

Autumn - that is a fun idea. Hopefully this'll catapult me into motivation-time for May Mayhem haha.

Mads - I don't mind at all! If Friday works for you (kind of) and Autumn's okay on any day that isn't Tues or Thurs, then Friday is sounding positive-ish. I'll try and stay up late so I can write in your time zones. :D

Anyone else want to join?? Again, to clarify there are no hard, set rules, just a day when we know that there's someone else out there writing. :)
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

[OOC] The Concilium

Postby Dev'Ania on April 28th, 2020, 2:41 pm

I would love to join in with you guys on Friday! I have been able to get a few posts in here and there, but Friday would be a great day to just sit, undisturbed, and write away!

And I plan to join May Mayhem, too! It's good practice for November!
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext