Week Long Challenge (Jan 31 - Feb 7)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Isaac Iceglaze on February 24th, 2021, 4:13 am

Echoing Alice, it’ll be fun to figure out the intricacies of the body I put Isaac into lol, thank you. Super thoughtful prizes. Going with Nature’s Protection, Strength ability... giving him back something he lost.
Isaac Iceglaze
under construction.

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 2:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on February 25th, 2021, 1:17 am

While the items are amazing and difficult to pick just one and Nature's Heart has all manner of potential, after a lot of thought, I am going to go with Nature's Avatar. With a python as the animal.

I have a few questions about the hybrid form. Does the animal influence the hybrid form's size? For example, if I were to have chosen something like a rabbit, would the hybrid size be smaller than my character's natural size? With choosing a python, does it make my character larger? Also, how does eating work? If swallowing a whole pig in hybrid form, how does that translate when returning to humanoid form? Am I safe in assuming that the python would have the heightened strength physical trait? Speech I imagine would be impossible too? Just some questions to help with fleshing out this amazing ability.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Asterope on February 25th, 2021, 2:32 am

Thank you for answering, Gillar! After a lot of thought, I think I'm going to go with Nature's Heart; Aster has minimal wilderness survival experience in general, but I think forest would probably be the most appropriate biome.

I did have two clarifying questions; does the wild sense skill not work at all outside of the assigned biome, or is it just much weaker? Secondly, how does this work in mixed biomes (ex. a forested mountain region)?

Thank you again for the challenge and prizes, it was a lot of fun! :D

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Isaac Iceglaze on February 26th, 2021, 12:49 am

Reading these questions sparked curiosity about the idea of Nature’s Heart.

Why does the ghost have access to the body’s skills and lores if the body does not have a soul?

Would it makes sense to create a CS/NPC write up within the PC’s CS for the form/body/person/entity?
Isaac Iceglaze
under construction.

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 2:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Gillar on March 1st, 2021, 2:58 am

With all but one who participated having rolled for/chosen their challenge awards, my resolution posts in your threads will begin. As mentioned earlier, the items will be acquired in these posts along with a possible additional award in-thread. Details on the items will be fleshed out a bit more as well.

Here is the summary of awards:

Crylon – Nature’s Heart (Forest)

Tazrae – Nature’s Heart (Jungle)

Madeira – Nature’s Heart (Mountain)

Caspian – Nature’s Wrath (Toxin)

Alice – Nature’s Den (Provisions) and Gift of the Body

Isaac – Nature’s Protection (Strength) and Gift of the Body

Ialari – Nature’s Avatar (Python)

Asterope – Nature’s Heart (Forest)

In answer to questions about some of these awards:

I did have two clarifying questions; does the wild sense skill not work at all outside of the assigned biome, or is it just much weaker? Secondly, how does this work in mixed biomes (ex. a forested mountain region)?

The Wild Sense works outside of the primary biome but at one level lower. So, if you have an L1, it won’t work outside of the primary biome. L2 would be reduced to L1, L3 reduced to L2 and so on. As for mixed biomes, a forested mountain region would be considered mountain because that is the dominating landscape. Kind of like a swamp could be mixed with a forest or jungle but would still be a swamp because of its prevailing qualities. There will be more to this following the acquisition of the item in-thread and the resolution to the challenge itself. I wish I could be more specific but the heart of the resolution posts touch on all of this.

Why does the ghost have access to the body’s skills and lores if the body does not have a soul?

Would it makes sense to create a CS/NPC write up within the PC’s CS for the form/body/person/entity?

So, the body that has been gifted to the ghosts allows the ghost to access the specific skills and knowledge because of the significance of those who once called those bodies their own. This will be revealed in the resolution posts. There is a definite reason why you are able to access these skills.

As far as creating an in-CS, CS of the person who the body originally belonged to, I hadn’t considered that when I came up with the idea. You will learn in-thread who the person was so if you want to include some information about them after learning that, feel free.

Does the animal influence the hybrid form's size? For example, if I were to have chosen something like a rabbit, would the hybrid size be smaller than my character's natural size? With choosing a python, does it make my character larger? Also, how does eating work? If swallowing a whole pig in hybrid form, how does that translate when returning to humanoid form? Am I safe in assuming that the python would have the heightened strength physical trait? Speech I imagine would be impossible too?

The animal does indeed influence hybrid form size. Using the rabbit example, the hybrid form would be half the size of the humanoid. In the case of a python, the hybrid form would be half again as large. So yes, the python hybrid would be quite large, in the case of Ialari who is close to 5 feet tall, the hybrid form would be around 7.5 feet tall with half again the build and overall mass.

Eating in hybrid form, using the example of a whole pig, you would need to remain in hybrid form for 4-5 days in order to fully digest the pig; transformation back to humanoid would be impossible before then. However, you would not need to eat anything for a couple of weeks after due to the influence the Avatar has on your humanoid body.

The python hybrid would have the heightened strength trait but not for actions like striking with weapons or punching. It would be primarily for crushing, lifting or other strength related actions that do not focus on projecting force if that makes sense.

As for speech, it will be impossible. That being said, you would still be able to communicate as a snake does through pheromones although only other pythons would be able to pick up on those pheromones.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Shiress on March 1st, 2021, 4:16 am

Um...I sort of didn't (forgot to) post my reward request and so I thought maybe I should do it now.

Natures Vestment and number 3 - Beast.

Thank you so much for this fun challenge.

It was hard to choose, all the rewards are phenomenal!

(please forgive my late posting)
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gillar on May 12th, 2021, 5:00 am

Howdy and Long Time No Post.

First off, I cannot emphasize my regret at not getting this posted sooner. No excuses, just that it has been a very long couple of months irl. I wanted to make these posts impactful to your characters so hopefully it comes off that way to start. You will notice that all of the initial posts are the same. That is partially due to practicality but also because it really is what each character experiences at first. Your individually responses however will determine the individualized experiences that follow and present you with the chosen prizes for this challenge along with a potential added prize if you so choose.

Again, sorry for the wait but I hope that, in the end, it proves to be worth it.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous