Event Last Ditch Season Challenge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Last Ditch Season Challenge

Postby Gossamer on May 29th, 2021, 2:43 pm

Season Change is right around the corner. This tuesday in fact. How about we have a Last Ditch Challenge for Season Change? A player submitted an idea for one and I've decided to utilize Milo's idea to craft a new challenge.

For your funsy challenge, you can write a thread (or series of threads) in which you interweave the past with the present in order to increase a skill. This means something should happen to trigger your PC to think of the past and remember learning something they end up applying to their current life situation and approving their ability to work.

These thread(s) should be centered around family.

Sign up below,then track your threads and word counts there. The contest starts now but ends Monday evening 9pm PST. Be forewarned, I will not promise great prizes for this one. I will not promise super important quest items or coupons, or even cash for word counts. Some of that might happen, but I want to see what kind of effort Is shown by the entire group first... not just one or two overachieving individuals.

Goss

Mod Note :
It was suggested by another player to remind you all of thread/quest etiquette if you are currently writing with partners. In other words, don't dump your group/partner/quest threads to work only on the challenges/placeholders/etc. It makes you a bad fit for a collaborative storytelling site. Partner threads, quests, group threads etc should be a priority. If your partner threads aren't that important to you, you shouldn't be writing them in the first place.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rohka on May 31st, 2021, 12:57 am

See this template? It's stuck in my templates and I can't edit it!

Off-topic. I don't know what I'm going to write yet, but I challenge myself to write... for the fun of it :)

EDIT: Well... I put up a placeholder inspired by this challenge! Thanks Goss.
Last edited by Rohka on June 1st, 2021, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Milo Murrell on May 31st, 2021, 1:17 am

Excuses, excuses...

Between being a slow writer, going to see my sister's new baby, a calamity related to the water and sewage piping in my house, being at a slight disadvantage timezone wise, and prioritizing existing threads, I'm actually pleased that I managed to get at least the first post to a flashback up. Sue me.

WC: 643 (mindblowing, innit?)

Not allowed to post links yet, unfortunately!

I'll have to withdraw from this one. I had forgotten about getting skills from NPCs, so I'll have to create and get an NPC approved before I continue the thread. Doesn't seem fair to still let whatever progress I make on the thread count toward this challenge. Better luck next time!
Last edited by Milo Murrell on May 31st, 2021, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Milo Murrell
The disavowed

Words: 21037
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Asterope on May 31st, 2021, 3:18 am

Signing up late, but I'll see what I can get done! I'll probably be working on medicine and/or herbalism with in-thread 'flashbacks' to do with Aster's adopted family.

I had to focus on some other stuff for season change unfortunately, so I only ended up doing two posts worth of a thread. I plan on finishing it at some point though, so thank you for the inspiration!

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2021, 12:18 am

The last ditch was a dud. No one finished. That's fine!

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)