Flashback Trax the Vit

The story where Rohka and Sevris connect

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Trax the Vit

Postby Rohka on July 9th, 2021, 11:22 pm

85th of Fall, 516 AV

“Abolished?”

Apparently that’s all he knew. The Rising Dawn was gone.

Rohka’s father simply offered a shrug and continued to eat his meal of cooked meat and vegetables. She stared at him quizzically before smirking, continuing to pack her things.

She was tasked to go into the city with her sister and mother, to pray at the Temple. Having moved out some time ago, Rohka missed spending time with them, and her father knew it. The task was meant to help all of them bond, and he knew just how much Jaide enjoyed the ravosala rides.

Meanwhile, Rohka had already had a long conversation about her goals with Meer. He knew she was intent on finding out whatever was going on, and wasn’t stopping her from joining the Ebonstryfe or the Black Sun if she wanted to.

They both knew it was her choice as to whether she wanted to devote herself that deeply to Rhysol.

____

“Hi, I’m Rohka. I’d like to gain some information about how to join? May I speak with a soldier or a Paladin to understand a day in the life of one your members?”

Rohka hoped it was a straight forward enough line of questions for the guard. She was there alone, dressed in simple clothing, a pack strapped to her back, containing only essentials. Her hair was in a simple braid and her arms were crossed, feet glued to the ground, standing with her back straight, looking up at the stern-faced gatekeeper.

She responded, calling out for another soldier, and began to be directed inside towards a volunteer.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Trax the Vit

Postby Sevris on July 11th, 2021, 1:57 am

The duties of a Paladin kept him practically busy every single moment of the day. Sevris had just returned from a meeting with his Uncle Thadeus. Discussing business if they needed to send members to Sunberth in order to seek more information. Sevris had wanted to plant a force there alone with an Acoylte. But they disagreed on many of the details of such a mission.

This led to a shorter meeting. And the first time in months, he had time off to do whatever he wanted for once. Not like I have anyone to spend it with. He thought to himself. In times like this he would usually go spend it at the Temple. Which he actually did.

After saying his usual prayers. He overheard someone talking to a guard. They wanted to get hold of a Soldier or Paladin? Pretty bold of her to demand a meeting with one. But the man was interested in the attempt. What could she want? He'd have to find out. Wearing his officer uniform, as he was still on duty, he walked to Rohka before the guard could direct her elsewhere.

"I am Ser Sevris Lazarin. I am a Paladin here, what is it that you want?
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Trax the Vit

Postby Rohka on July 11th, 2021, 8:17 am

OOCDear readers, Sevris and I have agreed to post for each other under the following format: we will be writing to allow for rapid-fire posting. Posts will be around 250 words, there is no pressure to write more than that

A man with a straight nose wearing a uniform introduced himself immediately with name and rank, sparing no time for pleasantries.

“Hi Ser”, she started, unsure if he wanted her to address him by his full name. “I am Rohka Calico. I want to learn about the life of a member of the Ebonstryfe. My father informed me that you all are recruiting, due to the abolishment of the Rising Dawn. Is this true? If in need of members, I hope I am not too old. I want to learn what it takes to join as well. Can you tell me how you joined and what you typically do at work, Ser?”

The guard interrupted.

“Miss, no information will be provided to you about the Rising Dawn, you are not to be concerned about them. All is well under Rhysol’s domain.” The guard then addressed Sevris. “I will leave her with you. Long live Rhysol,” she said, saluting before leaving to take up her post.

Standing in front of the Paladin, Rohka bit the inside of her cheek and found herself crossing her arms in front of her chest again. She didn’t want to care about what he thought of her, but knew that she was thinking it anyways. Crossing her arms tighter, she thought of a line from a song that was sung in the temple that day:

So know thee, that chaos is nature's prime state,
And worship its master before it's too late.
OOCThis is from the “I Worship Rhysol” song in the “Ravok Songs and Stories” lore page

And so she did worship. Her shoulders visibly relaxed in silent prayer:

Rhysol, I love you. May you guide the way.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes