OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Fall 521 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Fall 521 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on September 5th, 2021, 1:17 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Fall of 521 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has?
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.
  7. What are your character goals this season?
  8. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  11. Why did you pick Syka?
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?
  13. What does your PC add to Syka?
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  15. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one secret your PC has?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract.[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?  If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What is your favorite thing about Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/center][/list][/left][/box]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Felakal on September 5th, 2021, 3:15 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Felakal
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 40 years old, male, Akalak
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? New resident. I arrived on a ship.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Ten years ago, Felakal fled Riverfall after murdering two snake charmers. He has never returned or spoken of that day with anyone.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Hoping to be employed as a blacksmith.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Felakal is well-traveled, having seen much of Mizahar over the last ten years. He's looking for a new home, and hopes that Syka is what he's been looking for. Having come to terms with much of his trauma, he has begun to work better with his partner soul, Morgah. He still fears his past will catch up with him, but he hopes that he can build a new future for himself.
  7. What are your character goals this season? To improve in Felakal's skills, with more focus on his Wilderness Survival and Blacksmithing.
    ?
    No but intend to work on them. Wilderness Survival N, Weapon C.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. I was inactive last season.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, I understand.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? Because it seems to have the most opportunities for making an impact on the area. As a character, Felakal heard about rumors of the Sunken City being the lost homeland of the Akalaks, and felt drawn to the town to try and discover the truth.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? It reminds me a lot of Hawaii. Albeit much more dangerous lol
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? Fresh ideas, dedicated work ethic, warrior training
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? An introduction thread and opening employment thread would be great.
  15. Additional Comments? I'm excited to start playing again, and can't wait to see what Syka has to offer!
Felakal
"Death... is only the beginning."

Words: 45668
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2011, 7:20 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tazrae on September 5th, 2021, 9:21 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
    • My name is Tazrae.
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
    • 24, Female, Human
  3. Are you a resident or tourist?
    • Resident Innkeeper
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has?
    • Tazrae was raised by her mother's sister whom she thinks is her real mother. But she is not Tazrae's real birth mother. Tazrae does not know this.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
    • Yes. I run a small business that supports me.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.
    • Tazrae is an outgoing social woman who enjoys meeting strangers and seeing new things. She likes new experiences and often craves to see what is beyond the horizon. She has a desperate need for a home base and can be quite settled for all that. Leadership comes naturally for her, though she doesn't mind standing back and letting others who are more competent take the reins.
  7. What are your character goals this season?
    • My goals this season are to be more active. IRL has been hectic and draining, but I've missed Mizahar more than I knew I would and want to get back into it. I have a lot of storylines and storyseeds planned for Tazrae. I'm hoping to find some companions to write with to tell some of them. I think being here playing this character is really good for my overall mental health.

IC she's going to be working on foraging, hunting, her weapon and wants to master out cooking. :)
    ?

• She's got the recommended skills in WS, Carpentry, and Construction. She needs to work on her weapon, on hunting and foraging.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
    • I'm ashamed of my inactivity last season. I've never been so inactive. So I worked on nothing really.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
    • I have the required skills to journey into the jungle. But I understand the dangers.
  11. Why did you pick Syka?
    • I love the theme. It's diverse enough to never get boring and the story potentially is incredibly crazy.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?
    • I like the closeness of the community. I enjoy how the NPCs and PCs interact smoothly.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka?
    • Tazrae gives visitors a place to ground and a home base via her Inn if they want to branch out. She's also a friendly ear, a great cook, and doesn't mind mother henning people.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
    • I don't need any moderator involvement. :)
  15. Additional Comments?
    • If anyone would like a thread, please feel free to hit me up for one.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on September 18th, 2021, 10:34 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Moritz Craven
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 2.5 years old, Male, Kelvic Okomo (he appears around 16-17 years old this season in human age)
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Arrived by boat, for now planning to be a resident for the length of his stay. Unclear how long he'll stay but definitely several seasons.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Moritz grew up in a sentient house, and still suspects most buildings are just pretending to not be alive, though he's never mentioned this to anyone.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Has gotten a job as an assistant cook/waiter.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Serious, logical, odd Okomo Kelvic always looking to expand his skills, abilities, and knowledge. Overall good intention-ed and natured, and willing to help if asked.
  7. What are your character goals this season?Explore the jungle outside of Syka proper, and train his combat and WS skills.
    ?
    Not yet, working on them.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Once I finish his job threads should have raised his cooking skills around 10 points.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, and will be exploring with more skilled npc till then.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? On a quest to find Morwen which involves a jungle.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The various and detailed locations throughout.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? A sparring partner, proto-cook, and a mount in a pinch.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Nothing specific needed at the moment, though once he gets his skills up and starts leaving the city may need more.
  15. Additional Comments?
    Message me on Discord if you want to plot/have a thread, and we can work something out. Open to various things, and always need too work on his required skills. Currently focusing on WS and combat, but also willing to do others.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)