Event The Catchup Weekend Challenge!! (Sept 17th-20th)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

The Catchup Weekend Challenge!! (Sept 17th-20th)

Postby Gossamer on September 17th, 2021, 6:12 pm

Greetings Mizahar!

It's my birthday weekend and I took a three-day off work to celebrate. One thing about my birthday is that I like to spend time doing things I love. That's especially true if I haven't had a lot of time to do those things lately. I think we need a writing challenge because of that! Something to kickstart us from the dead stall the site seems to be in lately.

I kicked around themes, wracked my brain, and since it isn't close to a holiday and isn't close to a major change... there's nothing that stands out for me. One thing that is true though is that we all need to play catch up! I feel so behind on everything! I need to finish placeholders, job threads, and do soem grading. To that end... how about I issue credit for all those things this weekend towards prizes!

For anyone who grades 10 grades.... you can get a prize!

For anyone who writes 5k words.... you can get a prize! Every 5k after that qualifies you for another prize. So if you squeeze out 20k this weekend you can get four prizes!

Group threads totally count though each member of the group must have at least 5k words in the thread to qualify.

Prizes will be a mixture of coupons, magic items, and moderator adventures... the choice will be purely yours.

Where, what, or how the threads are written doesn't matter to me. This is a no-theme catch up weekend challenge! I will list a bunch of prizes on Monday or Tues. The challenge will be from Today through Monday 9 pm PST so that those who work weekends have extra time. This challenge should include everyone this way... or a mixture if you don't want to just write or just grade. :)

As always, sign up below.... and keep a list of your threads, word counts, or things graded! I hope you have fun! Breathe some life into the site again... lets all tell some fantastic stories.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Lei'Lani on September 18th, 2021, 12:56 am

 I may be working all weekend, but hey I definitely need to do some major catching up, so yeah, sign me up! :)

Thread / Post Word Count Total WC
Dépaysement 4201 4201
Stressed, blessed & Pumpkin obsessed 847 5048
Last edited by Lei'Lani on September 20th, 2021, 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lei'Lani
Fortune Teller

Words: 56995
Joined roleplay: July 1st, 2021, 8:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ari'Ellin on September 18th, 2021, 3:24 am

Ahhh Happy Birthday Goss! I'm not certain of the date but taking some time off is always good.

I'm going to try and see if I can participate in this

Post Word Count Total
Roots 1 511 511

Well it turns out that I’d completely forgotten about the extra meetings and the production swaps at work. I hope everyone else had a good time with this challenge and once things have calmed down I’m going to enjoy reading some of your threads.
Last edited by Ari'Ellin on September 22nd, 2021, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on September 18th, 2021, 4:04 am

Joining In

Thread List

Total: 5412 = 1 prize
Last edited by Tazrae on September 21st, 2021, 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Rohka on September 18th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Happy Birthday Goss, wishing you a wonderful one!!

EDIT: Busy weekend :( Congrats to the winners!
Last edited by Rohka on September 23rd, 2021, 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on September 18th, 2021, 10:36 pm

Will be entering with Moritz for this challenge! I am a very slow grader so will mainly be focusing on posting/word count for this.

Thread List:
Thread 1- Of Life and Blades- 566+512+528+525+518= 2,649

Thread 2- Of Life and Blades II- 560+543+506+514+585= 2,708

Thread 3- Focused-
Post 1-886
Total- 886

Thread 4- Of Swine and walks-
Post 1-784
Total - 784

Thread 5- A Waved Hand- A Waved Hand-1,081+1027+538+530=3,176

Total Word Count- 10,203
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 23rd, 2021, 3:02 am

Hi Folks!

Great job guys. We have some winners. I'm feeling under the weather from a series of medical procedures, so I have to postpone prizes until tomorrow night or friday at the latest. I will post ten to choose from. I hope you all had fun!

Moritz - 2 prizes
Lei'Lani - 1 prize
Tazrae - 1 prize
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on December 9th, 2021, 4:05 am

Wow! These were so delayed! Here they are. Only one tome from this list can be chosen at a time. Meaning a singular individual can't select multiple books or multiple people can't pick the same book.

1. Amulet of The Forgotten - This amulet made up of a singlar blue gemstone surrounded by silver wire, when worn, makes the wearer's presence and any interaction with the wearer completely forgotten. This amulet can only be worn for one bell a day. When the amulet is 'active' its gemstone center twinkles like a night sky full of stars.
  2. Anklet of Tracking Evasion - When worn, this woven leather anklet holding multiple semi-precious gemstones, prevents the wearer from being tracked through urban or wilderness areas. They simply leave no trace.
  3. A charm of Social Cloaking - This incredibly powerful charm grants the wearer the ability to instantly assimilate into any society or social group. One can crash parties and slip into gatherings and be unnoticeable and appear acceptable to the social group represented.
  4. Cleansing Stone - This simple clear agate, when held in one's palm while uttering the word 'Tshava' which means 'clean' in the Old Tongue will remove every bit of dirt and grime from an individual holding the stone and uttering the word.
  5. The Encyclopedia of Arcanology - This rare tomb holds a lot of information on the types and disciplines of magic in Mizahar as well as general magical knowledge. This tomb does not include any info on Lost Disciplines.
  6. The Compass Home - This simple wooden compass always points towards the place its user considers 'home'.
  7. A Suit of Shiftweave - This stretchy bodysuit is made of shiftweave, a magical material that can absorb other items of clothing, store their 'look' in itself, and change to whatever looks are stored within the suit. All a wearer must do is wear the suit, place a full set of clothing on over it, and speak the word 'Tresvault' which means 'remember' in the old tongue. Then, the wearer can remove their clothing, and don a new set, repeating this action up to five times. Once the word is spoken, the outfit is 'stored' within the suit and the original clothing can be removed. The drawback to the suit of shiftweave is that once five outfits have been selected the selection cannot be changed.
  8. Rope of Mending - You can cut this 50-foot coil of hempen rope into any number of smaller pieces, and then use an action or speak a command word and cause the pieces to knit back together. The pieces must be in contact with each other and not otherwise in use. A rope of mending is forever shortened if a section of it is lost or destroyed. The action would be crossing one's pointer and middle finger in the sign of 'keep my fingers crossed' or the word 'Suvar' which means 'Mend' in the old tongue.
  9. The Encyclopedia of Mizahar's Races - This rare tomb holds a great deal of information on the culture and races of Mizahar - including those now extinct.
  10. The Scribe's Pen - You can use this pen to write on any surface and its writing will never fade, wear off, or be altered.

To remind everyone:

Moritz - 2 prizes
Lei'Lani - 1 prize
Tazrae - 1 prize

Post below what you've chosen, please!

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on December 9th, 2021, 8:16 pm

I'll pick the Encyclopedia of Arcanology. Thank you.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on December 9th, 2021, 11:53 pm

For Moritz I'm choosing:
1-The Encyclopedia of Mizahar's Races
2-The Compass Home

Thanks for this challenge, it was a lot of fun and got me to knock out some stuff I would not have otherwise!
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)