Closed A Reunion (with Tazrae)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on January 16th, 2023, 6:17 pm

1st of Winter, 522
Protea Inn -> Garden Beach

One hundred and twenty eight days... Counting today, that is how long it had been since he had seen her. The woman that had managed to not only welcome him to Syka but to give him a decent reason to stay. Entire seasons had passed in this time and with each passing day, the Eypharian couldn't help but feel horrid for how things had ended... Without a word, Rhydian had disappeared from his home. News of his adoptive mothers death had reached his ears and as such, he had departed from the Falyndar Region. From Syka. So many things had to be taken care of after his mothers passing and it all had fallen onto his shoulders. In that time, Rhydian couldn't dare think of how Tazrae would react upon his re-arrival.

With things likely being rather tense between the two now, Rhydian had considered simply not returning. If he had, he wasn't sure how she would react. And yet he had to. He couldn't continue to run forever. This was his last chance to head back and try to make things right. With that being the case, of course, Rhydian would eventually make his way back to Syka. Back to the Protea Inn. Back to his home. Upon his arrival, however, he would come to know that things wouldn't be quite that simple. A notice would key him in on the fact that the Protea Inn was currently out of commission. News that had certainly brought worry to the Eypharian.

"This.. Is this my fault?? I knew that I should have been here for her and yet.." The mans words would die out as he had continued to ponder the reason for such a thing to have taken place. If this truly was his doing than how could he ever make things right? Was this all for naught? "..I suppose that I should check at her home for her. If there is anywhere that she would be, it is likely to be there." With that point having been made, Rhydian would sling his stuff over his shoulder and begin to make his way towards the Garden Beach that wasn't all that far from the Protea Inn. Hopefully he would find her here. If he had.. Well his appearance might catch her a bit off guard. He had a completely disheveled look about him. His hair and beard were all the longer and the young Ixam that he had initially obtained was now a bit larger. It was perhaps somewhere between three feet in length now and seemed to remain wrapped idly over the mans shoulders.

Word Count: 436
Total Word Count: 436

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Words: 132196
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Tazrae on January 25th, 2023, 4:45 am

When Rhydian swung by The Protea, he’d see the reason for the closure immediately. Standing Tall, the local builder’s supply and engineering firm had completely removed the entire roof of the Inn and was adding on a second floor. Workers were swarming the Inn, busy, working between the warm rain showers and utilizing sun breaks. They had to tarp often, untarp, and keep working depending on the weather. The dust, noise, and general chaos made even the kitchen an impossibility to remain open during the construction. A large table out front that acted as a sort of ‘command central’ for the workers held the plans – clearly displaying three large multiple-room suites going in as a second-floor addition.

But she wasn’t there. That was unusual for Tazrae, who helped initially build the Inn itself, and was present for everyday workers who erected the place initially – from the ground up – on an empty beach overlook. Rhydian was definitely pointed in the direction of Garden Beach.

And he’d find Tazrae there, of course, sitting under her palapa on the oversized lounge that was a mass of pillows and a side table that was decked out with an overflow of fruit for her lunch. She was dressed simply… shorts and a tank top. She gently rocked an infant in her arms, one that looked to be a season or so old. Ixam roamed the area, the large ones lounging in the sand, while juveniles and hatchlings hung out either on the lounge or scattered in groups alongside it. As he drew closer, Rhydian would hear the middle of a story… a story about a young Ixam getting into trouble and how the small creature got out of it.

Taz spoke in an animated tone, her storytelling including all the Ixam scattered about as if they could understand her just as easily as the infant could. One Ixam, a beautiful green one with sapphire highlights, lifted her head and studied Rhydian as he approached. She peeled back her scaled lips in the guise of a human smiling and offered him a greeting.

“Hello there. It’s been a while.” The creature said, Bree’s voice is definitely feminine. “You might not remember me, but I remember you. How have you been?” She said politely, her voice low, almost hushed, as to not interrupt Tazrae’s story or wake the infant she’d rocked to sleep in her arms.

“She gets so focused when she’s telling Khari a story. The child is erupting her teeth so she’s fussy and doesn’t sleep well. And so neither do the rest of us.” Bree said softly as if the explanation explained the gentle quiet of her voice. “Go on up… she’ll be glad to see a friendly face.” Bree urged, her purple tongue slipping out and licking one of her blue eyes.

It was at that moment that Taz looked up from the infant in her arms and saw Rhydian. She blinked, as if surprised, and then smiled brightly. She nodded a hello, and mouthed the words “Hey there…” And kept the story up and running until the end. When she was sure the baby was good and sleeping, she leaned over and tucked her into a cradle that rested next to the lounger.

“Rhydian!” She said, enthusiastic but not loudly, then patted the lounger beside her. The pillow-filled covered area was big enough for multiple people. “Come… sit a while. Have some fruit… there’s a waterskin of cold water next to the little table too. Tell me how you are. And where you’ve been?” She said softly, offering him a smile.

Taz had changed… that much was obvious. She was thinner, paler, and looked either ill or away from the sun for a bit. There were dark circles under her eyes, probably from having an infant as young as Khari was. And her clothing hung like she’d lost muscle tone beyond the weight she no longer sport.

“I have so much to tell you….. so much catching up to do.” She added, letting him get settled and urging him to grab something to eat. Taz would let him speak first though…. catching her up on how he was and where he’d been.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on February 6th, 2023, 11:03 am

Having found himself encroaching upon Taz's land, the Eypharian's heart would pick up in pace. It had been so long... So horribly long. Even if he wasn't the reason behind inn being closed up for the time being, the fact that he had more or less abandoned everyone here in their time of need was true. Ultimately it was something that he could never escape. A feeling that would come to overwhelm him in time, even further then it already had. That is, of course, unless something had changed that mentality of his. If such a thing could change the way that he thought.. Then perhaps he could feel normal again. Honestly, only time would tell where he would end up.

Despite the fact that he could hear his heart pounding in his ears the entire way over here, that sound would all but die out as he would catch a glimpse of Tazrae herself. For all intensive purposes, she had looked to be rather calm. Complacent. And given the fact that she now held an infant in her arms, it was entirely likely that she had even been happy. Just how could he come back into her life now, seeing all that she had?? Would his reappearance set off a course of events that would result in her shutting down upon seeing him?? Would she scorn him and shout at him to get off of her land?? A thousand different ways that this could play out would begin to overtake the Eypharian's mind for the moment but each one would be dispelled as his gaze would fall upon yet another familiar face.

"Bree..." A fully sentient Ixam that had belonged to Tazrae. One that had assisted him initially upon his decision to raise a baby Ixam himself. "Things.. have not been good for me since we last met.." While he had felt as though an explanation was warranted here, Rhydian had to stop himself at hearing the name of this child. Khari. A beautiful name for the daughter of a beautiful woman. Perhaps.. coming here was a mistake.

Fear continued to creep upon the Eypharian even as Bree would urge him to speak with Tazrae. It was something that he had longed for for so long and yet now, now that it was real, it was something that he almost couldn't work up the nerve to do. Honestly, he was just about to depart from Garden Beach as Tazrae would look up and lock eyes with him. If it wasn't for that smile then perhaps he would have left but now.. Well how could he?? No, instead of running he would simply wait. Wait for her to finish her story and to see where things would go. He could no longer run.

As Tazrae would begin to call out to him, Rhydian would find himself approaching her. It was something that he wasn't even consciously aware of until he had found himself sitting directly beside her. His heart and his mind were at odds and yet his body had known exactly what he had wanted, thus planting him here. "Hey..." His eyes simply couldn't meet with her own despite the fact that they had finally reunited. "I uh.. I have a lot of explaining to do, huh?"

Taking a moment to awkwardly rub at the back of his head with one of his hands, the Eypharian would be sure to utilize the other three to cover his face in shame. "I understand if you hate me right now but.. Please allow me to explain why it is that I left. You see.. I lost my ma, Taz. I know that it's no excuse but.. Well, in losing my ma, I lost myself. My world fell apart and I wasn't sure what to do. Every part of me wanted to return here, to you, and yet I couldn't get myself to do it.. The longer that I was away, the worse things got and ultimately, I was too scared to come back by that point.." It would take everything in the man to hold back the tears that he was now facing. This was too hard.

Embarrassed at the fact that he was stifling a cry before perhaps the only person that he had left, Rhydian would begin to wipe his face and remove his hands from it. He would attempt to offer up a faux smile in exchange, his heart unsure of what he was now feeling. The pit in his chest had felt deeper now than ever before. "That's enough about me though.. How about you?? You've got a kid now!!" Somewhere amidst the faux smile had been a genuine warmth and yet it was clear that everything was muddled within the mans emotions. "Khari. A truly beautiful name."

Word Count: 801
Total Word Count: 1,237

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Tazrae on February 7th, 2023, 3:54 am

The Jungle Ixam watched the newcomer, her eyes large and wise with a reptilian knowing that saw more than most realized. “I’m sorry to hear that. Tragedy taints Sykan’s so often. I’m not sure you qualify as a Sykan yet, but I can see you are looking for a home here. Stay long enough and you will find one. I found that out myself because there are things here I need I didn’t know I needed.” The Ixam said gently.

“I think there are people here that need you too.” She added, peeling back her lips and nibbling at one of her foreclaws – trimming the deadly thing with an incisor. “Even if they don’t know it yet.” She added as she watched him walk away towards Tazrae and the little one. The Jungle Ixam was glad to see Rhydian. She liked him when she first met him, even though he left her with the impression that he was raw… untampered… like steel that hadn’t been tested yet. Maybe that was what he was off doing…. getting tempered. She hoped so.

Lifting her head, Bree scented Rhydian’s fear, though she didn’t understand it. He had nothing to fear here… not with all the Ixam around and Tazrae in full protective mode over her baby. The lounge would protect him if he was scared. Didn’t he understand there was strength in numbers?

Taz watched Rhydian approach and was genuine in her smile of greeting. That smile died as he spoke and she rose to hug him tightly. “Shhhhhh. It’s okay. Just tell me what happened.” She said gently, rocking him for a moment, understanding that from what Rhydian had told her in the past it had always been just the man and his mother. That was it. She could only imagine in the face of his history, what losing the woman meant to her. “It really is okay. You are here now. You don’t have to be alone. Everyone here will welcome you. Whatever happened, you have your future. You have your life. I have a philosophy of moving one step after another, looking forward, towards the future. The past can stay there if we let it. Do you want to talk about your mother? About what happened? Sit… please Rhydian… sit… you are very welcome here.” The woman unfolded herself from around him and glanced at the baby in the sling. Khari was fine. Then she pressed down on Rhydian’s shoulders, which she hadn’t let go of, and urged him to settle down onto the cushions.

She did her normal thing of handing him a waterskin – the one she’d indicated earlier – and moving some of the food closer. “Drink. Eat. Let's talk. I’ll tell you about Khari and her brother as well… it’s been… a long long time since I saw you. And you will understand why when you know her story.” She added, hoping he’d fill her in on the details of his absence first.

But now…. now she listened. Tazrae gave him all the time in the world he needed to speak… needed to get whatever was weighing him down out there into the world.

And when it was appropriate, she would explain about Khari. “The 45th of Fall… some Svefra dropped off a chest. It was a huge thing, delivered and addressed to me. I thought it was from my mother… since she’d died recently… a woman I wasn’t close to. I’ve told you about her before… the one that ran my father’s Inn into the ground after he died… and who turned out not to be my mother at all but my aunt. Anyhow, I thought it was from her and I opened it up. It was a magical trap… a door to something called a Dominion. It sucked me in and time moved differently there. It was sent by the creature possessing my grandfather - Sran’tuka - to capture me.” She explained quietly.

“Only a day passed here, but almost a full year passed in the Dominion while I was there. It wasn’t easy… and he didn’t have my best interests in mind. All he wanted was a child from me. I… “ Taz shook her head. She paused, took a breath, and continued.

“I wasn’t willing, but it didn’t matter. A mage controls everything in a Dominion they have created. That place was his creation. It’s like this pocket of magic away from the rest of the world… carved out of the Ukalas which is the realm of the Gods. He… my grandfather… had the power of a God there. He… had one of his men… “ She shook her head again, swallowing. “He wasn’t a bad man, not really, but he did as my Grandfather asked of him…. or at least the beast inhabiting my grandfather. He had his reasons…. It turned out he was the husband of my fraternal twin sister, Kamrae… Kami. She lives here. She isn’t able to have children and he volunteered because I was her twin and …. In some twisted way, it was to protect me. I don’t fully understand it, but he said others would have hurt me, and liked it. Instead, he just did his duty and left." Taz paused again.

"I… got pregnant fast. And nine months later, still in captivity, I gave birth. There were two babies… twins themselves. Identical I suspect. I’ve never even got to hold my son for long. But I still had my newly born daughter in my arms and I escaped. There was a magic item… a homefinder, that was more powerful than the Dominion. And when I used it, it tore me and Khari… who was in my arms… straight out of the Dominion and brought us home. I’ve not seen Kaysen since. I don’t know if my son lives or dies. And I don’t know what happened to his father either. I was only able to escape because the Dominion was attacked… it had something happen to it… it's unclear. I think Dominions are like bubbles bouncing around in the Ukalas. Sometimes they collide with each other, and that can be catastrophic. That happened… and I got away.” Taz said softly, running a hand through her thick caramel curls. She glanced at Rhydian, knowing it was a lot to take in, and then continued.

“My sister showed up two seasons ago, a refugee from something she never talks about. I didn’t know she was married. I didn’t know who her husband was. When I told her what happened, she …. “ Taz swallowed. “It doesn’t matter. What matters is that Khari has an aunt that is by blood the same as her mother and honestly, Khari should have been Kami’s and not mine. So she is helping me raise her. It’s crazy… twisted… completely insane. But it's my new reality.” Taz said, offering him a smile.

Then, in an attempt to lighten the mood, she nodded back towards The Protea. “See the remodel? It’s getting three upstairs suites.” She said, grinning sideways and grabbing the flask of water to take a long pull to refresh her now dry throat.

Words: 1188
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on February 9th, 2023, 3:13 pm

As Rhydian had sat there alongside Tazrae, he couldn't help but think about the things that Bree had said to him. About the fact that there might be people that need him here as well. It was.. something that he hadn't initially considered. The people that he had left behind... They were more than he had initially thought. If he considered Brea and Tazrae as a part of that group then he could understand more or less where the Jungle Ixam had been coming from. Honestly, knowing that there were those that needed him here.. Well it didn't help in the way that she might have thought it would have.

Even with such overwhelming worries having washed over the man though, as Tazrae would get up to hug him, in that moment the majority of his worries had washed away. They weren't even at the forefront of his mind at that point. In fact, the only thing that he could even think about was how nice this feeling of connection with Tazrae had felt. It felt as if he was home. Not here in Syka. But home beside Tazrae. A complicated thing for even the one feeling it to understand.

Upon having been commanded to take his seat, Rhydian would do exactly that. He felt no reason for resistance anymore. At least physically speaking. The most resistance that the man would face.. Well it would come under the purview of his emotions. Even though the one he had held most dear, after the passing of his mother, had been doing all that she could to try and comfort him, Rhydian's body had refused to allow him to cry. Or to even feel any worse than he already had. It was almost as though, when it came to his mother, his body had refused him to outwardly display certain emotions. Case in point, it was obvious that he was more visibly distraught about his Tazrae worries than he would be when speaking of his mother.

"I.. don't really want to get into it at the moment, if that is alright. There isn't a ton that I know about the situation anyways." For perhaps the first time ever, Rhydian had blatantly lied to Tazrae. It wasn't something that he had even meant to do, and quite honestly it wasn't nearly that convincing, but the words had simply found themselves coming out on their own. "In time though.. We can talk about it in time. I promise. I just need.. a bit more time." Something that he could truly never have enough of but also something that he hoped to overcome as the days went by.

Not wishing to leave Tazrae's hand simply hanging there, Rhydian would be sure to accept the waterskin in a grateful manner. His lower set of hands would reach out to grasp the container and would softly brush up against her own upon doing so, gently dragging themselves away after he had managed to get the waterskin fully within his grasp. He would then take a sip from the waterskin and place it back down in his lap afterwards. Honestly, his mind was a mess at the moment. Drinking might have cleared his head up a bit but everything within was so muddled that it was difficult to really find what he might even want to say to her.

"I can say this though.. I thought of you each and every day that I was away. I kept wanting to write or something but.. I honestly couldn't find it in me. I don't know how to explain the fear that I had as the passage of time overtook me. I.. Well I shut down completely. The only one that was capable of even helping me maintain a semblance of sanity was little Miru here." As he would mention the young Jungle Ixam, he would reach upwards with his upper left arm and would softly brush a hand along the reptiles scales. This would inadvertently startle Miru awake and cause them to slide off of Rhydian's shoulders. Finally seeing some of it's own kind for the first time in over half a year, Miru would rush off to go and play with the other Jungle Ixam. Something that Rhydian would allow for the time being, hoping that Bree would keep an eye on the youngling so that it didn't run off. "It is.. difficult for me when you aren't around. I don't know how to explain it or why I feel the way that I do but quite honestly, I feel the safest when you are around."

With his piece having been said, Rhydian would turn his full attention towards Tazrae. He had wished to hear about these kids and how they had even managed to be brought into this world. Given the math of the situation, it didn't exactly add up. Not only had she mentioned not having kids or a partner in the past but now.. Now she had these and in less time then it would normally have to have kids?? The math really just wasn't math-ing.

Throughout the entirety of what Tazrae had to say, Rhydian was sure to remain quiet and respectful. Or at least as respectful as he could be. In truth, the more that she had discussed the horrors that she had undergone, the worse the look in Rhydian's eyes would get. They might have been full of fear and sorrow when he had initially sat down but now?? After Tazrae had spoken of the horrid things that her family had unleashed upon her?? There was nothing left but pure and unfiltered rage. Rage that he was actively trying to reel in, so that it didn't offput Tazrae, but rage that was ever present nonetheless.

With fists tightly balled together, Rhydian would attempt to center himself. He was so outraged by what he had just heard that his nails had managed to break the skin of his palms and had left blood to run down them and onto the sands below. It was.. a lot to take in. Knowing how it felt just to hear about it, he could only imagine what it must have been like to experience it.

Not even hearing the fact that she had asked about the inn, Rhydian's mind would focus in on everything that she had just revealed to him. "I..." Not quite sure what to say, without unleashing the boiling feelings that now resided within a pit in his chest, Rhydian would slowly stand up and would simply make his way behind Tazrae. From there he would simply reach out with each of his arms and pull her into his embrace. If she had permitted such a thing, that is. If she had, he would hold her as close as he could and would simply offer her the only thing that he could at the moment. Every ounce of compassion that he should have been sharing with her throughout this time period in which he was gone. And if she didn't permit it?? Well he would simply kneel by her side. "I don't really know what to say in response to all of this but.. I will never leave again, Tazzy. I will do everything that I can to protect you from such things ever happening again." As the Eypharian spoke, that rage would cause his voice to tremble in ways that he simply couldn't maintain. Even his body had shook slightly as he had attempted to maintain a sense of composure with everything now running about in his mind. "If you ask it, I will help you track down and recover your son. Put an end to every individual that dared to harm you. And that god... Who was it?"

It was then that he would catch himself. He would realize just how rude he had been in that moment and would quickly rise and/or pull himself away. "I... I let my emotions get the best of me just then. I'm so sorry.. That was rude and it shan't happen again." Hoping to get things back on track, Rhydian would jump back to the bit that he had skipped over. "Y-yeah.. Ahaha.. I passed by it earlier and was worried that it was being taken down or something due to my disappearance. A bit of stupidity on my end.. I'm glad that you are expanding, Tazzy. It'll be good to have the extra room.."

Word Count: 1,411
Total Word Count: 2,648

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Tazrae on February 12th, 2023, 2:20 am

Taz reached out and gave Khari’s hammock a little push, keeping the thing gently rocking as she nodded to Rhydian’s words. If he didn’t want to talk about what happened with his mother, then that was his business. She understood not wanting to talk about things… she understood that all too well. He’d tell her in time? How? If he didn’t know much about the situation, to begin with. But Taz let it drop, as she should, knowing people would share or not depending upon their own individual needs.

She also nodded to his words about wanting to write and thinking about her. His admission about Miru brought a smile to her face. “They tend to do that… help us find a balance.” She added, knowing that some of the hatchlings from Bree’s line were starting to learn speech. She didn’t know if Miru was cracked from one of Bree’s eggs or not… she thought the creature was from Sunshine’s get due to the coloring… but Taz didn’t know enough about the bloodlines of Ixam and how color passed between them to really know. The little one’s delight in having other Ixam about was apparent and it brought a little laugh to the Innkeeper as she reached for a banana and began to carefully peel it.

“I hope I don’t remind you of your mother and the safety there. I’m starting to understand that there’s no safety anywhere, not even here in Syka. We’ve had some troubles with Rhysol and one of his priests. Murder, terror in the night, those kinds of things. We took care of it, but it's opened my eyes to have vulnerable we are to outsiders and how complacent we have gotten living here in what I think is actually a false paradise. It’s been good taking a season off for the Inn to get remodeled. I have a season or more to train and flesh out my skills as a Ranger. We started that program to help Syka have a sort of standing army. It’s actually made me feel safer… and I hardly ever sleep well.” She added. There were a thousand reasons for restlessness…. Her nightly roaming and her mid-afternoon naps sustained her. If it wasn’t for Kami’s willingness to babysit and share duties with her for her daughter, then she’d never have gotten to maintain that sort of lifestyle. But thankfully Kami didn’t mind watching Khari at night. It was a good thing for both of them actually. The whole situation made her thoughtful.

Then she quietly told him her story – Khari and Kaysen’s story in fact – and nodded when he said what he said about protecting her. “Rhydian… thank you so much… but I need to protect myself. Nothing could have prevented the chest trap from striking…. I didn’t even know such things exist. I can’t control magic I know nothing about. I either have to study and learn my enemies’ tricks or avoid them altogether.” She said softly. Then she seemed to think about something else…. looking at him with an intense glaze.

“I don’t know what we are going to be to each other. But I do know I want to start with being friends.” She said thoughtfully. “Can we do that?” She asked carefully. “If you don’t mind starting there, we can worry about hunting everyone down later. My son is either dead or safe with his father. I trust his father, as crazy as that sounds… my sister said I could and she should know because she's his wife.” She said softly. “I don’t know who the god was… I think it was a monster rather than a God. His name is Sran’tuka. And I hope he died in that collapsing Dominion.” She added, shaking her head, angry and feeling everything, she felt those last moments of her escape all over again.

She reached out and put her hand on his shoulder. “It’s healthy to be upset, to even cry. Cry as much as you want. I do. Don’t hide that stuff.” She said softly then gave Khari’s hammock another gentle nudge to keep it swinging.

“Call me Taz. Tazzy makes me feel about five… my father who wasn’t really my father used to call me that. And The Protea’s fine… she’s just getting a facelift. I’m putting three luxury suites up top to make more money… and appeal to tourists that can afford more than just a simple room. I’m sorry there’s no way to stay there while the work is being done and the remodel is underway. It should be done by the end of the season. The Tidepool has light meals too… otherwise you’ll probably have to cook for yourself. And you can rent a bungalow for a hundred gold a season. It's actually cheaper than The Protea. You just need to talk to one of the Founders. I know there are at least a couple open and vacant.” She said with a smile.

“Speaking of the remodel, I planned a trip to The Outpost today. I need to pick up some linens and furniture. I want to make sure the furniture if it has to be made, is done by the time the suites are… and some of the bigger beds will have to be lifted into place before the walls go up. Big beds are in… so is heavy furniture. I need to head out there today… and at least buy linens. So once Khari wakes up from her nap, I need to leave.” Taz said thoughtfully, then looked at Rhydian. “You could come with if you’d like.” She invited, not sure if he had plans for the day or not. “I plan on getting lunch there. They have almost every exotic food under the sun.” She added, offering him a smile.

Words: 970

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on February 13th, 2023, 10:15 pm

The fact that Tazrae had reinforced that nowhere was safe.. Well it was upsetting but not nearly surprising. In fact, this was the exact kind of things that he should have expected after having heard her story. Even with everything that had happened with his mother, Rhydian hadn't quite taken that fact to heart. But having Tazrae say it aloud?? Well it was something that he was going to have to consider. Something that he would have to keep in mind, given that absolutely anything can happen in the future.

As for the talks about Rhysol?? This wasn't a deity that Rhydian held any knowledge about. Caiyha, Eyris, Izurdin, Kihala, Laviku, Marassa, Tanroa, Y'shul and Zulrav, sure. But Rhysol?? The fact that there was yet another god that planned to intervene with this land had begun to give the Eypharian a bit of a headache. "By Laviku.. Even more gods to contend with??" Shaking his head a bit, Rhydian would continue. "I can understand why you feel the way that you do. We need to secure Syka a bit better from those that wish to harm it. I.. really have a lot of training to do." Would things have been different if he had been here to stave off Rhysol's priests?? Probably not. But would he have attempted to be of use if he had been here?? He sure as hell hopes so. "I know that it isn't a lot, Taz, but I intend on doing what I can to be of use. I.. don't wish for you to feel unsafe at night. I know what it's like to be up all night with your thoughts and well.. I hate that for you."

When she had begun to ask if they could start their relationship as friends, admittedly, Rhydian had been a bit confused. Were they.. not already friends?? And was there something deeper that she believed him to mean?? "Taz.. No matter what may happen in this world, I will always be your friend. No matter the highs or lows in our relationship, that is the one thing that I can guarantee you. You are important to me. Not as some replacement mother but as an individual that I came to trust. Someone that helped me feel as though I found a home." Unsure of just what he was feeling in this moment, the Eypharian would begin to scratch at his nose. "I'll do what I can to learn about this Sran'tuka. And about magic. And whatever else is of importance to this situation. Because honestly..?? You are one of the only things that I have left. And I'd rather not lose you."

With all said and done, Rhydian would turn to focus on the main topic at hand now. This trip to the Outpost. "As long as you are comfortable with me coming along, I would love to go with you. I can help by carrying whatever we get and stuff.. Also it would just be nice to spend a bit more time with you. That and to get to see how things go with little Khari. This is.. admittedly my first time around a child so young. Aside from little Miru of course."

Word Count: 536
Total Word Count: 3,184

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

A Reunion (with Tazrae)

Postby Tazrae on February 19th, 2023, 4:12 pm

Tazrae nodded at Rhydian’s words. There were a lot of Gods running around Syka. That much was true. But they were also everywhere, as far as she knew, and by the experiences of others she’d heard recounted. They were thick in Sunberth and Riverfall… even some of them calling those cities home. In her experience, there was really no way to avoid them. She half smiled at what he said about her feeling unsafe at night. It just wasn’t the dark, it was the sunlight, the winter, the spring, the fall, waking, sleeping, eating… cooking… it was every moment of her life. It was something she would have to work through. The chest trap had done a number on her mentally, and even shopping now she crated nothing up unless it was in an open apple crate or something similar. The only thing she trusted was her backpack with its void inside… the one she could put endless things in and pull endless things out of. That familiar magic was comforting, like an old oversized sock on a winter day full of snow.

But she didn’t share that with him. No person was likely to make her feel safe until her mind was good and ready to feel safe, and she knew from how often she revisited those memories of her trapped imprisoned year that it would be some time. It would also be a great while before someone touched her intimately. Nyle hadn’t hurt her, and she’d been unfeeling due to the choker that dampened her emotions while he’d been getting her with child, but afterwards she remembered. She remembered every night he’d come and used her body. She remembered everything she’d done that Sran’Tuka had asked of her – uncaring and unable to right back. She also remembered how Nyle had dampened the collar with its emotion nulling properties all at once and how she’d gone half mad when all her anger, rage, and pain had come flooding back at once. It had nearly killed her until the trainer had removed his countermeasures off her collar by having to pin her down and forcefully yank at her throat. Then he’d reworked his plan, slowly dampening parts of the collar until only a little of her emotion came back at a time… a way she could more easily handle it.

Tazrae knew what it was like to be a prisoner. She knew what it was like to be a victim. She’d never been with a man or woman willingly. Even Alric, throughout their romance, had never touched her like that. And here stood a perfectly well balanced man, flawed for sure, but working on himself… that wanted to put himself in a role as her protector… and she couldn’t even bring herself to accept. She couldn’t even be thankful about it. Taz brushed a long coiled lock of caramel hair out of her eyes and shook her head. What in the world was wrong with her?

Time. A voice whispered in her mind. All she needed was time to heal… and time to get to know people as friends. She had people like Randal and Jaelis, Stu and Mathias… the whole Settlement in fact… to lean on. Even Rhydian for that matter… she just needed time. Taz offered the Eypharian a smile. She truthfully never got tired of him talking, his multiple hands gesturing as he did so. It was a bit odd, him being one of the only four-armed people in the Settlement. With hands like that she could get a lot of cooking done. With hands like that he could touch her a lot of places at once. Taz shook her head with a laugh. Hurt, evidently, but not dead. Maybe there was hope for her yet.

His declaration of friendship meant a lot to her, Taz admitted to herself. “We are friends. And I will keep helping you. And I hope you’ll keep helping me. That’s how we all survive here in Syka.” She said thoughtfully. “But stay away from Sran’tuka. He’s not what you want in your life right now. You’ll end up filled with holes and bleeding pain in ways you didn’t know existed. Instead? Stay safe here, grow, train, learn to be a man. It’s what I’m doing… what I have been doing my whole time here. Its funny. People expect us to know who we are then moment we slide out of our mother’s womb. But the truth is we spent most of our lives answering that question by posing more questions and seeking wisdom. That’s what I’m doing… I’m learning who I am. And I think you will find most of this Settlement will embrace you as a friend if you offer such in turn. And we need it… both of us… all of us. It’s a hard life here… one we can love… but its still hard.” She added, then rose.

“Give me a minute. I’m going to change, brush my hair, grab some supplies and take Khari to my sister who’s only a little way out of the direction we need to go. She’s working and living at The Panacea. I’m sure she won’t mind babysitting the rest of the day. It’s crazy, but since we are twins and her husband is Khari’s father, then she sees them as the same as if they were her own flesh and blood.” Taz said softly, then left Khari with Rhydian and mounted the three steps to her dais where the big bed and her furniture was. She tracked around the bed to a trio of wardrobes that made up a sideroom and stripped off her clothing. She changed quickly, trading jungle gear for a light sundress and piling her hair on top of her head in a messy bun. She quickly used the basin and pitcher to wash her face, grabbed her backpack, and slid on delicate gold sandals. Then she paused at a desk, rummaged through it to come up with a list, and tucked that into the side pocket of the sundress.

“I’m ready!” She said cheerfully, plucked Khari out of her hammock, and wrapped the infant in some sort of fancy stretchy cloth that wove around her waist, up over each shoulder, and across her chest to tuck the infant up against her without her having to use her hands. Then, carefully, they started towards the Syka Commons and The Panacea Healer’s Complex that was just south of the Commons. They dropped Khari off, at which time Taz gave Rhydian and Kami a brief introduction. The Innkeeper’s sister was a healer. She bore a striking resemblance to Tazrae, though her hair was dark and straight and her eyes green instead of Tazrae’s blue. It was obvious they were fraternal, not identical, though there was no mistaken the relationship.

Then from there, Taz lead Rhydian back through the Commons, up towards the Storm Shelter, and finally to the Dovecot. They passed through it to The Outpost where Tazrae paused. “Where too first? I need to get linens and furniture, which can all be delivered later so we aren’t hauling say an Ixam cart through the streets here.” Taz thought a moment and frowned. “Oh, I also need to drop by and sell an apartment. I should take a last look around and make sure I haven’t forgotten anything inside.” She added, the thought turning her expression resolute but not stormy.

“What do you need here?” She asked him, curious, before she picked a direction to set off in.

Words: 1258

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes