Location The Southern Trading Post (City Entrance)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Location] The Southern Trading Post (City Entrance)

Postby Dashel on November 27th, 2010, 10:06 pm

50th of Fall, 510.

It was the third time Dashel rode up towards the tower today, and the fifth day of staking out the place.
He sighed dramatically before finally urging his horse forward towards the guard tower. If only he could've snuck past...
For four full days he'd been riding up, waiting most of the day, and going back out of the sight of the guard tower to see if there was any fun way past the tower, but every day he couldn't help but notice there wasn't any.
Sure, there was a wide field around it in which one could slip away, but he suspected that even in the cover of night that would be a difficult thing to do undetected, let alone unscathed.

When he reached the guardhouse, he got off his horse and pulled back the hood of his traveling cloak. It had already grown colder in these parts, and so it was more comfortable wearing the hood up to shield some of his face from the elements, but if he couldn't sneak past, he'd sure as hell show some respect, and not showing your face wasn't very nice. At least, not in all the places he's been.
He asked for one of the door guards to hold his horse for him, while he walked inside.

Once inside, he saw the tower looked slightly bigger then expected, and realized that it really would have been impossible to sneak trough it without some sort of sorcery. A guard walked up to him, but before he could ask his questions, Dash reached into his backpack and pulled out a pair of curved daggers, slid into eachother as the hilt of one dagger was the scabbard of the other. He pulled them out a tiny bit so the guard could see them for what they were, and slid them back together before the guard could interpret it as a possible challenge or threat.
"My name is Darius Huilik. Those daggers are the only weapons I have in my possession, and I seek entrance to Ravok so I can behold its beauty with my own eyes, and learn about Rhysol." He spoke with absolute sincerity, though he almost said his real name when he introduced himself. He managed to catch himself before he did though, deciding that if he was going to register, he sure as hell wasn't going to give his own name. They probably had records of him from Sunberth, back in his Mocker days...
"By the way, I arrived here on horseback, do you know where I can rest my horse safely for a few days until I get back from the city, or perhaps if its possible to take it along into the city? He's a good horse, and I'd hate to lose him." He stated simply. He only bought the horse a week ago, for he often rode horses too hard. Because of that, he often had to switch horses. Still, he did like this one though. He always thought the loyalty and ferocity of the Rovak Bloodbanes was exagurated, but now he began to hope he would never have to ride a Colorsplash again.
Dashel
Player

Words: 6333
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 12:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Alenias on December 17th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Season of Winter, Day 8, 510 AV

Alenias fidgeted a little uncomfortably as the ferry arrived at the southern trading post, and was one of the last ones to step off onto the docks. Treanas had told her to stay in Ravok while he was gone, but he had been gone for a very long time now, and she wondered if there was a chance that he might be somewhere around the Southern Trading Post.

Moving towards the tower she glanced about a little nervously, her head moving in short, sudden movements much like a bird. Her dark eyes sought out any sign of Treanas, though she doubted that he would be waiting at the tower.

It felt colder out here, away from Ravok, and so Alenias rubbed her bare arms as she approached one of the guards at the tower and asked, "Have you seen Treanas? He said he would be back but hasn't come back yet."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tenebrae Adolphus on December 20th, 2010, 6:55 pm

Tenebrae hobbled over to the guards, nobody had time to notice a thin hagged dog plotting around.
One of the guards looked at him and nudged one of his mates, pointing at him the guards started walking over, staying perfectly still tenebrae waited until the guards had drawn up infront of him. One of the guards lifted his pike to shoo him away.

Tenebrae chose that moment to morph into his human counterpart, wolf and man seemed to blur in and out of existence until there was nothing of the dog left but instead a thing naked figure standing with weary shoulders.

"I'm here looking for information on a band of bandits that may be in this area, i only wish to stay for a day or two, as you can see i am un armed and unclothed posing no possible threat to your or your establishment, May i pass?"

The guards suprised at this sudden materialisation and frank manner just pointed in the way of the ferry.

Tenebrae started to bend over and as his hands touched the ground he was back in his familiar form, trotting towards the ferry, ignoring his hunger weariness and pain.
Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces. --- Sigmund Freud
Tenebrae Adolphus
Player

Words: 6289
Joined roleplay: December 19th, 2010, 8:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Aello on January 8th, 2011, 4:36 pm

1 Winter, 510 AV

Aello shifted her weight uncomfortably as she sat in the little wooden boat that was ferrying her to Ravok. The oarsman dipped his oar methodically into the water over and over again, sending tiny ripples through the water that seemed to end just as a new one was beginning.

Aello's body had grown sore and stiff, in the boat, and her hands seemed to be frozen onto her bow. Her quiver rested on her back, her bag was resting at her feet. She hoped that she would reach Ravok soon, because she wasn't sure how much more of this she could take.

The wind picked up, causing her hair to fly out behind her. A chill shot up through her spine. A few minutes passed like this, before a series of docks came into view. Several boats were tied up along its sides, and Aello knew that it wouldn't be long before she reached her destination.

Aello then picked up the bag at her feet, before slinging it over her arm like one would hold a purse, so as to keep it from colliding with the quiver that was strapped to her back.

A few minutes later, their boat was tied to the dock, and Aello was walking up to a large tower. A few guards were posted outside. "Your name?" one asked. "Aello."

"Your purpose in Ravok?" asked another. "Just passing through," Aello replied, as the men nodded, and looked at each other. "We just need to check your things." Warily, Aello handed them over, and the guards quickly peered through them all before handing them all back. "Looks alright, just be sure not to do anything stupid, and it'll stay that way," the first guard said.

Aello nodded, as the gates swung open, and Aello walked through them. She followed a winding stone path along until she reached a ferry, and hopped aboard, this would take her to the main docks. It would only be a matter of time before Aello was having another set of her crazy adventures.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Katie on January 17th, 2011, 7:31 pm

43rd of Winter, 510 AV

Katie was in the back of a trailer being pulled by a horse and her current owner. They came up to a gate and she overheard the conversation, "Whatcha here for?" called out the guard as he looked at the trailer. "Only selling off slaves, then I'll be on my way," said her current master, she hadn't even been given a chance to remember his name before being traded off. Katie noticed the guard looking in her direction, "Mind if I check each of them and make sure they aren't carrying plague?" Katie knew where this was going. "Of course, keep it brief," said her master, pointing out with his whole arm. The guard walked over to the trailer, looked each of us over, then took a glance at me. He placed his hand on my chin so I snapped and tried to bit him, he pulled away just in time though. The guard became angry and raised his hand to slap me, I flinched and ducked my head. "You touch one of them, I should make you have to pay for it," called out her master, she raised her head to see the guard retreat his hand in a rather quick fashion. "Good luck selling that one off!" he said while returning to his post, "Oh yeah, and welcome to Ravok," he said as he began to chuckle. We entered the city and Katie began to wonder how her knew owner was going to treat her, she began to pray blankly that her new master would hopefully be a kinder man.
Katie
The Slave

Words: 3371
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2011, 8:20 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Vanna on January 25th, 2011, 9:49 pm

90th of Winter, 510 AV

Vanna took a deep breath, looking at the gates and rolling her eyes at the heavy backpack she was carrying for almost 90 days. It was so strange to actually reach your destination, after going through so many annoying places and meeting so many, somewhat interesting people.

Her eyes were as pink as they could get and the way she was breathing showed of just as much curiosity. It didn't take too long for her to notice a guard standing close by, but what was she supposed to do? Go talk to him? Just walk by and hope he won't say anything?
Naaah, that never was fun... She as her usual, playful self decided the first option was what she wanted to do, so with slow, graceful moves, she came closer to him, not restraining herself from looking over him as if examining something.

Hello there... I'm Vanna and I'm here to see the amazing city you have here... I doubt I have any weapons to report... I'm way too tiny to carry any, anyway... just a tattooing set and an eating knife... she smiled after saying that, blinking a few times, showing her perfectly pink eyes and somewhat pink cheeks. It all looked slightly old with the metal piercing her face, tight, black corset, tattoo sticking out, on the left part of her chest and a big, puffy, short skirt. But not like any of them cared, now did they?
Vanna
Player

Words: 28970
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Sulavik on January 27th, 2011, 9:55 am

46th Winter, 510AV

So. Sulavik was finally here, the infamous city of Ravok. Ravok, where the Akalaks made active purchases from the breeding pens. Ravok, which was a name that inspired even the strongest Akalak with a twinge of uncertainty. The Ravok where it was kill or be killed. Sulavik was going to learn how to kill. He must kill his father. And he was certain he might find help here.

Riding up the tiny cobblestone path, urging Jil'sk up with a hard kick in his hide, he swiftly dismounted upon reaching the intimidating double doors, leading his horse in with him. Entering the tower, he swiftly made a count in his head of how many guards there were. At least six, on this floor. Maybe more upstairs. Sulavik felt the stirrings of Makil, the usual stirring of bloodlust and passion that came from his darker twin, but what would be achieved? What was the point of killing these guards, besides a murderous rage that ushered him to do such illogical things? No, he would only kill those who hindered his quest of murdering that imbecile, Yasij. That imbecile, his father.

A guard made his way up to him, rapidly firing off questions. "Sulavik. I'm a visitor, wish to see the infamous city before me. Here is my Lakan. Be careful with it." If the guard was looking closely, he would see the vicious flash in his eyes as he handed over the weapon which contained his very soul, a brief moment where Makil surfaced in his mind, a brief moment of insanity and rage and all things unbridled, before Sulavik quickly regained control and restored the order of logic. The guard quickly inspected his lakan, before nodding and passing it back, where Sulavik lovingly sheathed it in his belt again. The guard briefly muttered his permission for Sulavik to enter the city. Nodding at the guard, Sulavik walked through the double doors at the opposite end of the tower, mounting Jil'sk again outside of the doors. Rearing his legs, Jil'sk galloped down the stone path towards the docks. Onwards, to the city. And there the work could begin.
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Rashidi on January 28th, 2011, 8:02 pm

47th Winter, 510AV

Looking around, Rashidi came to the conclusion that the trading post was too heavily guarded to do some pickpocketing. Abandoning the plan to get some extra money before entering the city, he rechecked his backpack and grinned. He swiped his hair back and looked at the situation again. The guards were inspecting a human, asking him questions and checking his backpack.
If I fool the guards, I'm dead. No fooling people 'till I'm in the city. Be yourself for once and get inside. Be humble, be gentle and don't scam.
He grabbed his dagger and dumped it in his backpack, while walking up to the tower.

Opening his cloak to reveal his two lower arms, he swiped his hair back again. As he approached a guard, the expected questions were fired at him.
I'm Rashidi, a simple Eypharian. I'm a humble visitor to Ravok, searching for the beauty that was given by the gods. I merely got my father's dagger with me, along with a small eating knife. Feel free to check my bag.
Rashidi handed his bag to the guard, waiting for a response. While he waited, he swiped his hair back again and gave the guard a brief grin.

The guard checked the bag numerous times, but found nothing important. Giving back the bag and pointing at the ferry, Rashidi gave a quick bow and walked through the tower.
So far, so good. Now, off to the city.
Rashidi
Player

Words: 8575
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Seth on January 30th, 2011, 10:36 pm

Vanna:

The guard stares at you as you approach, his eyes clashing with a mixture of attraction and suspicion. He seems both entranced by your rather unique appearance, as well as a bit peturbed by it at the same time. He can't really decide what to think of you, apparently. He frisks you just like he would any other of the newcomers, but you notice his hands are a lot more gentle. After a few moments of this awkward patdown, he goes about taking notes of your reasons for being here. Several minutes later, all of the information has been recorded in a notebook, and you have been sent on your way.

Sulavik:

A few people stare at you as you make your way to the docks, though they quickly glance away if you make eye contact. The only ones who can hold your gaze are the City Guards, and they watch you with quite a bit of suspicion. You don't meet any resistance on your way to the Docks, thankfully.

Rashidi:

Upon passing the original inspection, you will notice that you seem to be getting quite a few glances by the City Guard. As you head to the docks, if you glance behind yourself, you will find that another Guard has joined the original one at the Gates. Trading a few whispers, both stare at you without any shame, slowly and methodically studying you. No one else seems to be getting this kind of attention. Eventually, the whispers cease, and the one guard nods, trotting off. Besides the multiple glances that you get, the rest of the Journey to Ravok will be fairly normal.
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Nydryn on February 4th, 2011, 11:44 pm

60th of Winter 510AV

Nydryn sighed softly, looking at the entrance to the city. She had grown up in Ravok but she left after her mother had become a slave. Just recently, she decided to return. Nydryn didn’t realize how much she had missed Ravok until she saw the entrance in front of her. She walked over to the guards, her footsteps soft on the ground beneath her feet. At this time, there was no one else there, and her entrance into the city did not take long.

Name? the guard asked gruffly. His voice seems bored, like he had been doing this all day. He probably had judging by the people she saw lining up behind her to enter the city. My name is Nydryn she replied opening her bags for the guard to look in them. He then went on to ask her intentions while in Ravok, and she replied that she hopes to find her family and rest for a while before traveling again. The guard nodded and then looked through her bags. Seeing no weapons, he waved her through.
Last edited by Nydryn on February 13th, 2011, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Pure love and suspicion cannot dwell together:
at the door where the latter enters, the former makes its exit.”
Nydryn
Searching...

Words: 70377
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2011, 6:50 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext