[silver sliver tavern]There will be Brawl! (open for all)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Cassandra Coven on February 4th, 2011, 6:26 am

Cassandra heard the kitchen door open and thought that it was Murmur, back to inflict more punishment upon her. She stilled her sobbing and kept herself very quiet, though she could not stop the flood of tears from falling from her eyes. She was trembling uncontrollably, her fear of the man wresting control of her body from her. It was strange, for they did not resemble each other, but Murmur reminded her so much of her stepfather, Roald, the man who had abused her in her adolescence. The claw-like appendages his hands transformed into only added to Cassandra's terror.

But it was not Murmur who entered the kitchen as she expected, nor even Papa, the proprietor of the Silver Sliver. It was the tall, hawk-like man who she had served earlier, the same one who had delivered the kick that brought about Murmur's wrath upon her. While she knew the act had been an accident, she was irrational at the moment and that colored her words and tone as she replied to the man.

"N-no! Go away!" she called out from the far side of the large cupboard that hid her from sight. She had her back against its frame as she sat on the floor hugging her knees. "I don't need anyone, least of all you!"

But the man's mention of the state of her wounds made Cassandra look at the rag she clutched in her hands. There seemed to be no new bloodstain on it. Reaching up, she probed the wounds with her gloved fingers. The cuts were shallow and her constant pressure on it using the rag appeared to have staunched the bleeding. Still, they might leave a bit of scarring once they have fully healed, a fact that left her feeling a little bit of despair when she realized that her features had been marred, even if only a little.

Heaving a long, staggered breath, Cassandra tried to bring herself under control. She called out once more, her tone less upset than before though her voice quivered every now and then from the raw emotions she was still experiencing.

"Sorry for lashing out. I'm-I'm fine. I d-don't need a doctor. Thank you for your concern."

Another deep breath. She felt her trembling begin to fade to nothingness.

"Please leave the kitchen, sir. It's a staff-only area."

Cassandra waited until the man left before she lowered her head on her knees. She knew she needed to get herself cleaned up and go back out there to serve the other patrons. Shouldn't let a couple of scratches stop her from doing her job after all.

But just for a moment, she wished that Keating was with her. She felt that she wouldn't have gotten hurt if he had been around.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Roman on February 11th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Roman looked like he was slapped in the face as he heard what the woman yelled at him. He knew she would probably be a bit mad but he didn't knew she would be bordering on hysteria, did he hit her that hard?

"I'm sorry miss, I'll just go now." he turned around and made his way back to the door of the kitchen, ignoring the glare of one of the waitresses that passed him on the way.
He stopped for a moment when he was at the door.
"If you change your mind though just look for me at my business, I'll treat you for free." After having said that he walked out of the kitchen and trough the mess that his fighting caused as fast as he could without getting to much attention on him.
Roman
Collecting a debt

Words: 30340
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on February 13th, 2011, 3:51 am

Roman

• +1 Socializing
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +4 Brawling

Lores: Relaxing After a Long Day, People Watching, Tipping the Help, Hitting Below the Belt, Dog Pile!, Trying to Make Amends

Expenses: -6 SM for drinks and meal

Aello

• +1 Auristics
  • +1 Socializing
  • +4 Brawling
  • +1 Persuasion
  • +1 Meditation

Lores: Relaxing After a Long Day, This Cannot be Good, Being Ignored, Using Pressure Points... and Failing, Being Squished, Dog Pile!

Dervish

• +1 Socializing
  • +4 Brawling

Lores: Sort-of Table Manners, Getting Hit in the Head, Sucks to be You, Ignoring Reason, Finding the Fun in the Chaos, Being Hit Below the Belt, Dog Pile!, Knowing When to Stop, Leaving Without Paying

Cassandra Coven

• +1 Teaching
  • +1 Cooking
  • +2 Socializing
  • +3 Acting

Lores: Preparing a Meal, Hurting Someone is Harder Than it Looks, Drunks Have Their Uses, Feigning Innocence, Accidents Happen, Having a Bad Day, Bowing to Authority, How it Feels to be Helpless, Being Kicked in the Jaw, Being Accident Prone

Murmur

• +2 Morphing
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Brawling

Lores: Everybody is Crazy, Keeping it Cool, Losing Your Cool, Controlling Chaos

Expenses: -4 cm (I'm assuming you at least paid for your first drink)

Robert Cithon

• +1 Investigation

Lores: Showing up at the Wrong Time, Chasing the Coin

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, a lot of stuff to award here. Most is self explanatory. Aello, Roman, and Dervish each got 4 points into brawling for their many posts involving brawling. I didn't grant the full five points to anyone mainly because nobody did anything truly spectacular, but you did do enough brawling to get the 4. Aello, your point into Persuasion was for attempting to convince Dervish you weren't using magic. Cassandra, unfortunately I couldn't give you a whole lot. While you did a lot, you didn't really do all that much. However, 3 points go to acting for keeping it cool the whole time despite what was going on in your head. Robert, I wanted to give you something, so I gave you Investigation for trying to find yourself a mark in the middle of a bar room brawl. Anyway, I think rest of the xp is pretty self explanatory. If anyone has any complaints or thinks I may have left something out, please send me a PM. This was my first big thread to grade, so I might have missed something.

Notes: Yay for grading my first big thread! Lots of stuff went on here, but I'd like to remind everyone to play within your characters ability and not assume success on any of your attacks. While it didn't seem to be an issue in this thread (as in, nobody complained to me about it), assuming that you hit someone or throw someone to the ground without giving them a chance to counter is bad form. All that aside, however, it was a great thread and I enjoyed reading it. I look forward to more from all of you, and keep up the good work everyone!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous