The Story That Never Ends I (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

The Story That Never Ends (Spring 511 AV) (Open)

Postby Danyella on March 11th, 2011, 2:56 am

Danyella could see the fear on the kid's faces, "So Master Daw had an idea. He said to the horsemen, 'Let us entertain you with dance.' This turn he grabbed three bees and place two into Hangk's pants and one in his own. This caused the two to flip and spin dodging spear thrusts and horse hooves. Their feet connected with the various riders, dismounting or knocking them unconcious. The soldiers lay stunned or knocked out everywhere.

The two landed on a pair of horses when the bees escaped and began stinging all the horses, scattering them. The bees stung the horses on which they sat, causing them to full on sprint down the road, the two men screaming loudly. The horses eventually stopped from exhaustion and kicked the dancing lads off. Surprisingly they had arrived at the contest city! Now was their chance!" she said noting the awe in the children as they gasped and laughed.
Danyella
Player

Words: 30426
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2011, 6:04 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 11th, 2011, 6:41 pm

The kids were looking curious at how the city might have looked like. He stood up to make show the size of the city. "The city towered over the two as they headed inside, the grand city of Syliras." They gasped as they heard the grand city's name. "It wasn't long however for them to get lost in the city the huge city expanses turning into a concrete maze of stone and people. The two spent the greater part of the afternoon trying to find the arena where the they were going to perform meeting a multitude of people and races in the sprawling city."

The children looked in awe as he explained the different races and factions he knew of, before he continued. "Eventually Master Daw found them an area to stay for the night in a nearby tavern. Glad that the event happened tommorow night they relaxed in their rooms for most of the evening resting from the long trip from the island. However Hangk restless from his performance visited the nearby tavern to rest. He ordered some drinks from the barmaid and took a look at who was playing. On the small stage a performance was being held by..."
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 11th, 2011, 7:43 pm

Berus leaned forward, “A hooded woman on stage, singing in a beautiful voice that had to be a gift from the very gods! All of the men drunkards in the bar silenced themselves as they listened, trancelike, to the song. Hangk, too, found himself caught up by her mysteriousness and her voice.”

“When the song ended, everyone applauded, but the mysterious woman didn’t stop to take a bow or anything of the sort! Instead, she headed directly for Hangk! When she reached him, she removed her hood, revealing the gorgeous face of the exotic Konti; a seer from the faraway White Isle! She leaned in close to Hangk, explaining that she had a vision of him that she felt compelled to speak to him of…” Berus looked expectantly at Danyella, winking slyly.
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Words: 104483
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 12th, 2011, 12:46 am

Danyella stood and did her impression of a mysterious Konti, "You will die in one week. But die you must, for you are to dance for the gods themselves. Hone your skills, all life relies on you impressing the gods. Will you master your craft and sacrifice yourself? You will save everyone, the children," Danyella looked at the youths, "The Vantha," now she looked at the adults, "Every plant and animal."

"I can give you three clues to aid you. The first is that the Myrians hold the ribbon daggers you need. The second, in the desert you will find the Hive of Hives. Finally the third, Do not trust master Kween. I am Milana and have seen that I am to join you. Pleasure to meet you."
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 1:38 am

The children were surprised by the sudden plot. A wave oh gasps and "Oh noes!" rippled through the children as the adults chuckled at the youth's expressions. Darren looked at Danyella as he continued "Yea right..." he said as he headed back to the inn. He was wary of all individuals of the city. Master Kween told me to watch out for any trickery that is known in the city he thought as he reentered the room.

When he asked about the woman when he arrived at the room. "Hmm, I do not know possibly a slaver?" He answered as he looked at Darren with a straight face. "I do know however that the grand prize may ask of anything from the one sponsoring the event, AKA a Myrian. However I know not of a grand beehive, nor do I know of any affilations that would make me look bad..." he ended as he went off to sleep. "Yea I suppose your right" Hangk said as he in turn laid down to rest, staring at the ceiling absorbing the recent events of the day.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 1:47 am

Berus stood up suddenly, staring about the room. "Then, in the night, Hangk awoke to a frightening sound! A lightning bolt tore the sky asunder and struck the ground with a horrible crash that reverberated throughout the room he shared with Master Kween. As he opened his eyes, he saw something even more frightening...."

He looked right at a group of huddling Vantha children. "Master Kween stood over his bed with a knife in his hands, the cold stare of a killer staining those once jovial looking eyes! Hangk rolled out of his bed, barely avoiding the first stab of the knife-" Berus made a stabbing motion with his hand "-and, spying no other exit, he leapt through the window and into the stormy night! Behind him, Hangk heard Master Daween shout 'I'll see you in the dance tournament, Hangk!'" Berus sat down, looking expectantly at Danyella.
^ thanks to Cheshire and Darren =D
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Danyella on March 12th, 2011, 2:04 am

Danyella had slipped away from the group of children, and popped her head in between two young girls and said quickly said "And he turned and saw Milana, 'I foresaw this, believe me now?' Lightning cracked across the sky, silhouetting her face, which in the storm looked very menacing. She was holding the reins to two really small horses. "What are those?" Hangk asked. "Our steeds, I stole them so we may want to get moving."

Hangk was struggling with the choice of abandoning his dream of winning the dance off or fulfilling his destiny. "I need time to think, I'm sure you know what will happen." He stormed off to think. He found a large barn with loud music playing. He peered in and saw people dancing in lines. They were all doing the same moves to the music. 'Is this some sort of dancing cult?' he thought. He noticed they all wore pointed boots, and he spied a pair near him by the door."
Danyella
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 12th, 2011, 6:26 am

Hangk still being very wary of the Konti turned to her and said "You dance, if you and I were meant to be together such a simple dance shouldn't be above you." the children thinking of the prospect of a supposed mystic race like the Konti line dancing caused them to giggle. Darren smiled at this encouragement and continued. At first the Konti blantantly refused as she looked at him with a huff. Hangk explained to her that he "wouldn't associate with anyone who couldn't dance, it was why one of the reasons he left Avanthal in the first place."

The Konti out of options grudgingly accepted this task given to her. She awkwardly joined the rest of the people trying to not be noticed. They all instantly turned and hissed at her. That's right hissed! They turned out to be a cult of Dhani! Doing a ritualistic summon to destroy all of Syliras! "I told you we should have lower the volumes of those instrumentsssssss!" one of them said as the group converged on the Milana. Realizing the danger she was in Hangk jumped out from hiding and rushed out to save her, a small army of bees behind him.
Last edited by Darren on March 13th, 2011, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darren
I Dare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Berus on March 12th, 2011, 7:31 pm

“The Dhani,” Berus continued, “charged towards the seemingly weak man and his contingent of bees, but Hangk bravely charged on! However, the bees swooped in and stung at the Dhani. This wouldn’t have been a problem, except that the Dhani had honey for supper, and, being messy eaters, they had it all over their lips!” Berus looked around at the crowd, eyes wide.

“The Dhani retreated as their mouths were filled with beestings. Hangk rescued the Milana, deciding that she had faced mortal danger because of him and thus must be trustworthy. Thus, he and the Konti set out on their steeds. However, they did not go alone, for Master Kween followed only a few hours behind, determined to catch up to Hangk and defeat him in a dance off and prove his superiority…”
Last edited by Berus on March 14th, 2011, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berus
Little Bard

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 13th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Image Bora Snowsong was known for her abilities of storytelling throughout Avanthal. She was not the best but she came close. Even her younger sister Neena was starting to follow in Bora's footsteps. The two were simply true born Vantha storytellers but tonight Bora joined the story circle without little Neena. There were times for childish stories where Neena shone like a little northern star but at times like these, the more mature storytelling had to shine through.

"Sorry I am late guys!" Bora's eyes flashed a warm ocean blue as she took at seat next to Berus. She was the most familiar with him. He was from her hold and the two had grown up together. "No music tonight Berus? Morwen forbid the day I see you without your Lyre." She turned to one of the more quiet spectators and asked for a quick run down of the story so far. With a nod she smiled, thinking of what she was going to add.

As the two companions set off on their horses Milana felt her seer powers tugging at her. Kween was onto something much more than this simple cult. There was an ulterior motive behind his need to keep Hangk around. She saw blood and fear as her Gnosis made its way into her senses. Kween had seen pain in his life. He had received it from Hangk's mother Reva. He had loved her but she turned him away. In pain he lashed out, killing all he saw in sight. This had caused him to become like a plague in Avanthal. Kween wanted to revenge for his broken heart and he would get it through Hangk. He would kill Reva's son, Hangk of course, so she could feel the pain she had forced him to go through. "Hangk, I fear there is more going on here." Milana could see the blood and the fangs of the Dhani. As the raced the ground seemed to slip out from under Hangk's horses' hooves, causing it to slip and crash into the hard ground. Milana looked back with scared eyes and she could sense Kween was getting closer.

Bora smiled as her eyes turned a deep purple. "Does that sound good? I hope I understood the story right."
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

PreviousNext