Angry Aggressive Animal...Lover (Cara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Cara on March 18th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Cara began to walk down the hill of snow, away from the stables, away from her hold. She just wanted to get away. No, she needed to get away for awhile. Of course, Darren couldn't just let her go. Her just had to follow her out into the snow. Before he reached her, Cara rolled her eyes. "What now?" she asked, slightly irritated. Strong arms encircled her body and brought Cara into his chest. Their bodies were pressed tightly into one another. Cara could feel his breath swirling around her long black hair, his chin resting atop her head. His muscles flexing as he pressed into her. Her body tense, her alarmed, emerald green eyes wide. What in Morwen's name is he doing? What is this? Cara wondered, as her elbows pressed into the sides of her chest, and her arms dangled uselessly beside her. Darren seemed to be tightening his hold on her each second, and all Cara could do was stand their awkwardly and do her best to accept it. He had lifted her off her feet a bit, and she was standing on the tips of her toes, her boots hovering over a slightly-flattened patch of snow. It was shaped like the bottom of Cara's boot. Cara waved her hands a bit, as if to signal to Darren that she wanted to be let down now. He didn't seem to get it at first. "Hey, Mr. Sappy Vantha down there, let the girl down," Cara growled.

After a moment, Darren obliged, and settled Cara back onto her feet. "Thank you," Cara said icily, as she swiped her hands over her body several times, as if to brush Darren's affection off. "Just so you know, your ignorance is no excuse for your actions. So congratulations," Cara said as looked up at him again. "You have successfully pissed off someone who plays with fire on a regular basis, and have generally, made her day all the more painful." Cara paused, "you giant, insensitive bastard!" she yelled so loud the ground seemed to shiver. "And as for moving in with your sorry ass and the rest of the pathetic Whitevines, you can forget about it. I don't need anybody's pity, nor do I need some over-sized baby trying to look after me. I am more than capable of taking care of myself." Idiot! He should know Cara left for two years, and hung out in Lhavit where it was safe. Learning a new culture, a new language, a lifestyle so unlike the one she had grown accustomed to here. Cara sighed. But she couldn't have run away sooner. She was so looking forward to marrying; the union being the key that opened the door to her escape. But her abuse made her cold; and undesirable. Any hope of leaving her family and joining another hold through marriage was crushed when she turned twenty, so she moved on. She stayed for little else, unless one counts the fact that she would have died should she have tried to escape the hold sooner. A few tears lingered on her cheeks. Avanthal was simply too cold, even for someone who played with fire. Someone like her.

"Even if we both wanted that to happen, it'd never work. Your lovely little chief Whitevine, Fara, or whatever his name is, would never allow it," Cara smiled rather unpleasantly at Darren. "Icemaidens have no real place in this city, you know that Darren." She paused. "Everyone knows that, and just how very fitting the name is." His hand lingered by the sides of Cara's eyes, Darren had placed it there during her little speech, and until now, she had hardly noticed. She took a half step back, and then pushed his hand out of the way. "That is both unnecessary and unwanted," she hissed. Cara was looking down at the ground, both saddened and pissed off. If only Darren hadn't shown up this morning, then perhaps the horses could still have provided her with some level of comfort.

Cara turned abruptly on her heels after that. As if to signal to Darren once and for all, that she didn't want his touch, or his presence, and he should simply go. She began to head towards the Frostfawn hold so that she could merely tuck herself into bed, and try to sleep away the pain. It would more than likely haunt Cara in the form of some sort of nasty nightmare, but at least it was better than dealing with the tangible. As soon as she was a foot in front of the door, she called to him. "They're still alive you know, Darren. But they won't be for long." With that, Cara extended her right hand, and twisted the doorknob clockwise. When the lock clicked, she pushed the door open and walked inside. She headed through the hold to her room. The door was open. She walked inside, and then closed the door behind her. She kicked off her boots, and jumped into bed. Cara buried her head in the pillow. What an exhausting morning, she thought, as she pushed the side of the pillow into her face with her hands. "Take it away Nysel," she whispered. What she was referring to, however, was unclear. Was it merely the pain that she wanted removed from her aching soul? Or was she merely referring to the fact that she wanted him to call her away into a restful slumber, preferably devoid of nightmares?

OOCWhat do you say we wrap this particular thread up? We can always start another one at a later time and date.
Not taking on new threads until further notice.
Cara
Darkness Binds Us

Words: 208479
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darren on March 19th, 2011, 1:02 am

The walk back to the hold was a rather long one, Darren didn't feel for running anymore. Sigh* "It's a waste, what with all the enthusiasm to run with the horses and possibly ride them." He sighed again. Such unfulfilled desires on both sides he thought as WhiteVine hold come into view. He had a deep wanting to really play around illogically with horses today but all's he managed to do was brush a horse for a bit and talk to Cara for a bit. Ugh that woman is so emotional over a teddy bear he thought as he entered the hold and made way towards his room. He figured like he was told in all the stories of the dashing strong hero sweeping woman off their feet (sometimes against their will) and somehow dissuade them to be happy. Hmm I think I might have done something wrong. Or maybe she's just...stupid when it came to swooning after big manly moves, he thought as he sat on his bed.

Hmm I want her to be less cold with everyone. Is that so much to ask? Alright! My goal for Cara will be... he paused and thought something he might be able to do, "to have her show me her smile freely" He grinned, as he went over the simple but already difficult goal. He did not seem to understand people's feelings too well. "Hehe...and next to have her talk to me like she does to those horses" he smiled as he laid down to rest.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 23rd, 2011, 1:58 am

Character: Darren
Experience: Running +1, Seduction +2, Grooming +1, Animal Husbandry +1, Philosophy +1
Lore: Running Like a Horse, Sweet Talking, Self-Doubt, Setting Goals for Oneself

Character: Cara
Experience: Animal Husbandry +3, Grooming +2, Teaching +1, Interrogation +1
Lore: Escape Through Sleep, Sharing Painful Emotions, Pushing People Away

Additional Note: I really liked this thread. Great job guys! You are really growing into your characters and I love it! I can't wait to see more threads from you two! PM me if you have any concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous