[Ariel's Scrapbook] Ariel's School for Ants

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Syndre on May 8th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Is stealing your character's possessions more acceptable? :smirk:
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Stitch on May 8th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Creepy fact, your latest NPC is super hot. <3
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Growl on May 8th, 2011, 9:24 pm

No, it is not more acceptable.

Note to self: after I rid the world of hypnotists, go after thieves, with the exception of Alenias.

P.S. And thank you Stitch.
I carry the words of the dead.
Growl
Lost Soul

Words: 167857
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Jokor on May 8th, 2011, 9:26 pm

that thieves comment isn't aimed to me rigth? *innocent face*
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Growl on May 9th, 2011, 1:33 am

Oh no Jokor, it includes you. ;)

Anyway... it has come to my attention that quite a number of you are afraid of the lovely Aello. I honestly do not blame you. Aello can be quite scary an intimidating, all five feet and an extra inch of her. All one hundred pounds. Very scary, when you add in the 60 points in shortbow. Anyway, it seems like a lot of you fear death when threading with my pc. Well, you should, she's nuts, and the majority of you do things that simply tick her off. Which you know, is always fun for me, and not so much for you.

BEHOLD: I have come up with a solution to counter your lack of knowledge.

The How to Survive a Thread with the Crazy Aello Survival Guide:

1- Do not look Aello in the eye, that is simply inviting trouble.
2- Do not approach her if you are a hypnotist. She hates hypnotists, and plans to try killing you all.
3- Do not bad-mouth Dira, for either she or Aello will strike you down.
4- Do not openly mention your support for Rhysol or his minions.
5- Do not keep a pet wolf.
6- Do not touch the sparrow. Don't even think about touching Yune. The same goes for your pets. If they so much as look at Yune cross-eyed, then you're in trouble.
7- Do not talk trash about the sparrow, or act surprised when you see her perched on Aello's shoulder.
8- Do not try and hurt Alenias. Aello will kill you. Seriously.
9- Do not try breaking Aello's things. Especially her bow. The bow is special, and she will have your head.
10- Don't try stealing Aello's things.
11- Don't lie to Aello and think you can get away with it. Aello uses auristics, she will know you are lying.
12- Don't make fun of Aello's size.
13- If you use reimancy, you might want to run, or keep it very well hidden, and hope Aello doesn't use auristics to find out about the extent of your magical knowledge.
14- Avoid bar threads. Nothing good ever happens in bars, especially the Silver Silver.
15- If you're a more exotic race, say a Dhani or a Sym or something, do not go near her, unless you want the girl to try and chop off your head.
16- Avoid dark alleyways late at night.
17- Know that Aello is always watching. Do something stupid around her, and it's probably not going to go over too well.
18- If you're a ghost, don't possess her. She has had enough of that nonsense.
19-If she pisses you off, don't start a fight with her. Just run away, it's for your own good.
20-Do not in any way shape or form, insult her.

So now you want to be Aello's friend do you? A guide to winning the pc over:

1-Be someone she can take care of. Preferably someone really cute, whom she could find a use for.
2-Share some of her interests-say hunting, or using the shortbow. Have an interest in Dira, or some god or goddess that is aligned with her. Or at least, not in an uneasy relationship with her. Neutral parties are ok.
3-Do not be a member of the stryfe.
4-Shower her with gifts. Aello loves gifts.
5-Stimulate her. Aello likes to be engaged in conversation, and she likes a good fight. You are more than likely going to impress her if you present a challenge.
6-Don't align yourself with Syndre. (Sorry to pick on you Syndre, but, our pcs are not getting along. But that's ok, deep-seated animosity for one another is always good. At least, IC).
7-Aello has no medical experience, if she gets hurt, (which she seems to do just about every day), and you can do something about it, she's more likely to like you. Unless you're an idiot, then all bets are off.
8-Should she get into trouble and prove unable to care for Alenias and Yune, and you do, consider yourself having earned some brownie points.
9-If you know she is a spiritist, and she doesn't know you know, and you say nothing about it... then you're good.

And that concludes the lovely survival guides!

Lesson 13: Help me, help you!

Seriously though, I can only help you not nearly die if you let me help your pc not nearly die.
Growl
Lost Soul

Office

Postby Syndre on May 9th, 2011, 3:38 am

Syndre has broken at least 5-6 of the no-nos :smirk: Her skills with her bow are definately scary, but most of our PCs wouldn't know that. It would be a
bad experience for them to find out though haha. While many are afraid of her, don't forget there are those that aren't :smoke: I look forward to future threads.
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Growl on May 14th, 2011, 4:56 pm

*Laughs evilly and presses fingertips together like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons* Whatever you say Syndre, whatever you say.

In other news...

I have been sick for several months now. Things were looking up for a while, but last week my health decided it felt like taking a nose dive. This week, things are better, but not enough to keep me out of the hospital. This week consists of looking at options, with Sunday being the day we make final decisions before sending me off.

This means that my internet access may be limited in the hospital or non-existent. Not that I ditched the site if I seemingly fall off the face of the Mizaharian planet.

Anyway, I have no idea when exactly I would begin treatment, nor how long I will stay, but given the past, I would guess a few weeks to a month or more.

What this means: I am no longer taking threads unless I promised you one. So... that leaves Wrenmae, Sulavik, Vetala and Alenias, and Alice with a thread if they want to be uber patient if and when I disappear.

This also means that I will be working really hard to wrap everything I am currently doing up. I will not be taking on Sharth's or Rayage's modded thread until I get back, because I don't want to disappear in the middle of something. That's just not fair to you. So Larina, and Stitches, whom I also said I'd help out when the time comes, you're just going to have to be patient as well. Sorry.

V- I know I'm involved in your quest, and don't want to drop out of the first part. If you can work it out where I could reply at a slower rate, it'd be awesome, if not and I'm taking too long, feel free to write me out in some way/set me up on my own... whatever.

Keyta- if you return, I am really sorry for leaving you all alone on Mura with your injured leg.

Alenias- as your bondmate, I feel really bad, please don't kill me if I disappear.

Duskies- Blythe is involved in your quest as well. If I take forever to reply feel free to skip me, and if I still can, I'll post after my return from treatment. Or during treatment when I can, if I have a computer...

Nex- I know you're looking for a bondmate, but if you don't want to wait/deal with all this, than feel free to try someone else. Sul is pretty cool...

Um... if I missed someone just pm me...

And sorry about this inconvenience guys. But I am really sick... but will do my best to remain as active and wrap up everything that I can. I hate loose ends.
Growl
Lost Soul

Office

Postby Markus Andres on May 14th, 2011, 7:14 pm

*Gives Ariel a big sweet hug*

Get well please :)
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ophelia on May 15th, 2011, 12:44 am

What Kvist said,

right now!!

I will still write our threads in the knowledge that you WILL come out of all this happy and the Ariel we love!
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Growl on May 15th, 2011, 1:23 am

Aww thanks you guys!

*Huggles you to death, and then... dumps the bodies in Lake Ravok?*

Uh... look Sethies you have a gift!