Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 18th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Season of Spring, Day 75, 511 AV

After the ten days spent out in the wilderness in training it felt good to Jaelyn to get back into the normal activities, which included spending time at the Temple of All Gods. Even though she knew that Tyveth wouldn't be offended by her praying to him out in the wilderness it just felt better doing it from inside the Temple.

Sitting towards the back, as she typically did, she had her head bowed as she softly spoke to Tyveth, relaying her deeds to the Lord of Honor. Or she was trying to do so. Unfortunately other thoughts kept popping up in her head. Thoughts of Markus, Dimitri, and Kendall. She was trying to keep her mind focused, but it just wasn't happening.

Sitting up with a soft sigh she lay her head back on the pew, her eyes still shut. The more she fought against her thoughts and feelings the more difficult it seemed to be getting lately, especially since she started developing such a close relationship with Dimitri and Markus. They were more than just her fellow Squires now, but she didn't want to admit it.

Kendall was completely different though. Soft and gentle, he spoke to a part of her that no one else seemed to think was there. Though she had not spent much time with him she treasured those moments, and was both hopeful and fearful of seeing him again. How could she complain if she was so happy around him, but at the same time she found she had little control over her emotions when he was around.

Giving another soft sigh Jaelyn remained with her head back, closed eyes directed up at the ceiling of the Temple as she slowly breathed in and out, trying to clear her mind just a little more.
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 18th, 2011, 11:23 pm

In the time that Kendall did not spend with Cathan and Hadrian he found himself a little lost. He was never good at being alone. He preferred it to be that way as of late but he did not enjoy it. He missed Zeltiva. his friends and family were there even if they did not feel close any longer. The Temple of All Gods was always a good place to go at times like these. When mortal company could not be found he could talk to Ivak. The God could not talk back of course. He only had the privilege of hearing the burning voice once in his head. Just the thought that Ivak was listening was enough to calm him a bit though.

A smile came to Kendall's lips as he looked around the temple. It was as beautiful as always. There were lot many people in the temple. There rarely were large groups of people there from what he saw. He liked it better that way though. There were less people to watch as he tried to talk to his imprisoned God.

His eyes searched for a place to sit. Normally he would have sat alone but a familiar face was sitting on one of the benches. It was Jaelyn, the squire from the Stone Gardens. He debated whether or not to sit by her. He wanted to. He enjoyed her company. He just was not sure if she wanted to be alone in her prayers. He decided on a compromise. He would sit on the same pew as her but he would not sit next to her. If she wanted his company he would sit closer.

As he sat down he closed his eyes and tried to focus his thoughts toward Ivak. He was slowly getting better at meditation although he was not extremely good. "I hope I will find you someday. I want to free you like you freed me. I just wish there was some way I could repay you for saving me in Zeltiva." He smiled as he thought his prayers to the fire God. He liked speaking with him, even if he did not answer.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 19th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Letting out one last slow breath Jaelyn opened her eyes to stare up at the ceiling for a few moments. Noticing a hint of movement to her side she rolled her head a little in that direction to see what it was, and her heart jumped up into her throat as she realized it was Kendall sitting on the same pew as her. Just barely managing to keep from gasping out loud she sat bolt upright, her eyes wide as she turned her attention away from the incredibly handsome man.

By Tyveth, what was she to do!? Kendall seemed to have a knack for showing up at the most interesting times. Their first meeting in the Stone Garden where she had been mulling over the uncomfortable revelation of her half-brother, then in the training rooms for their spar earlier this season, and now here in the Temple as she was awash in confusing feelings and thoughts. She wanted to go sit with him and talk to him. She wanted to quickly make a discreet exit of the Temple so she didn't make another fool of herself. Confused and conflicted she shifted in the pew, and found her eyes resting on one of the colored windows which contained the holy symbol of the Tyv.

How could she have been such a fool? Of course she was unable to focus on her prayers to Tyveth, she had not been conducting herself honorably. Even if it made her uncomfortable she had to confront the situation like she had done with Tolby. She would talk first with Kendall, and then Markus and Dimitri when next she saw them.

Her mind made up Jaelyn quietly slid down along the bench, and stopped a polite distance away from Kendall. He seemed to be praying, and so she waited politely for him to finish with a faintly nervous smile on her lips as she struggled against the feelings of butterflies in her stomach. When he finally did seem to be finished she softly spoke, "Hello Kendall, nice to see you again."
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 21st, 2011, 6:09 am

Green and blue eyes fluttered open when Kendall heard his name uttered. He was not used to being called Kendall. As of late he was refering to himself as Ken around others. It was a way to keep his female idenity more under wraps. Of course, there would still be those who he had told his real name to. He was happy he had told Jaelyn his full first name. He trusted the girl not to make a scene over his slightly feminine name.

He smiled sweetly at Jaelyn. It had been so long since he had a close female friend. He did not consider Jaelyn as a close friend but he did consider her a friend none the less. She would be a nice person to get to know better if he was not planning on leaving when summer rolled around. "Hello Jaelyn!" He let his words be a bit more lively than they usually were. He wanted Jaelyn to like him and see him as a friend. He was well aware of how cold he had become emotionally. He wanted to try and be more open. It was just difficult. "I just keep running into you. How are you?"

As he looked at her he wondered if Markus had shared their meeting with her. It was surely a strange one. He decided to put it out of his mind though. He would worry about the topic if it came up. For now he would try to relax. "So what have you been up to? Are you any closer to your quest?" He found the girl's drive to become a knight very interesting. Much like a book he could not put down. He missed girly gossip and in a way he could get it through asking about Jaelyn's training.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 21st, 2011, 6:58 pm

Jaelyn was sure that she felt her heart melt at the sweet smile Kendall gave her. He was already incredibly handsome, but that smile just made it more overwhelming. Combined with his bright and sweet voice Jaelyn couldn't help but have her own smile brighten as a soft blush crept onto her cheeks.

"I am well Kendall," she replied softly, not wanting to disturb the other people in the Temple with her voice, "I hope you are too?" it was an automatic response, with little real thought behind it.

Kendall's next question brought some hesitation to her, and she glanced away from his glorious green and blue eyes to regain her focus and determination from earlier. Taking a slow breath she focused on the wood of the pew in front of her, "I have been training, but lately I have been... struggling," she bit her lip for a moment in a show of nervousness, nervous about what Kendall would say in response to her next words, "I... I have devoted most of my life to becoming a Knight, and have always believed I could only achieve my goal if I focused everything on my training."

Taking another deep breath, trying to fight back the rising heat in her cheeks, she kept her gaze focused on the pew ahead of her. She didn't think she could do this if she was gazing on Kendall's face, "I know you might not feel the same way, but," she took another deep breath and shut her eyes tight, letting out her words in a rush, "Ilikeyou."

She froze then, barely even daring to breath as she waited for Kendall's response to her confession. She just hoped he wouldn't be bothered by what she had said.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 22nd, 2011, 3:57 pm

It was good to see Jaelyn in good spirits. Kendall worried about her a bit. He had seen how dedication and more so, over dedication, weathered away at some people. He had always been dedicated to his writing but it seemed to be different than the drive to be a knight. The drive to be a knight was one marked by honor and training. Writing was simply putting one's soul on paper. He smiled softly as he looked at her. "I think i am good. At least better than I have been." He closed his eyes and breathed in. "I miss home but being here in Syliras has really helped me clear my mind." He felt very at peace in the temple as he sat next to Jaelyn. "Plus, it helps that I have met so many great people. You included of course." He worried that maybe that was too much to say to the girl. They were still very new friends. He felt like she should know though. He would be gone soon and who knew when he would see Jaelyn again?

His peaceful smile turned a little sour when he heard Jaelyn was struggling. He felt a strange emotion radiate from her as she spoke. It was nervous and lined with a hint of desire. His mark only let him sense the emotions, he could not tell what caused them. "What is wrong? Are you okay?" He turned to face her and reached a hand out to touch her shoulder, an action he saved only for people he trusted deeply. He did not like having a connection through touch with someone unless he was sure he could trust they would not turn on him.

Jaelyn's words seemed worried and scared. He could not imagine what could rile a Syliran Knight up so much. They were brave, noble, and the pride of the city. What did they have to be scared of? His mismatched eyes tried to search her face. He wanted to make her feel better. When she muttered her problem he could have sworn his heart stopped. Jaelyn liked him? His face erupted in a fiery blush as his eyes shyed away from her. Jaelyn was a beautiful woman, there was no denying that fact. He had thought that from the moment he met her. His heart yearned for someone else though. Before he could stop the words from coming out he began to stutter. "W-w-why? I mean... you know how petching awkward I am right? " His blush burned brighter as his heart raced. He tried to let if off with a small chuckle but he felt terrible. Jaelyn shouldn't have liked him. He wasn't who he seemed to be. He may have looked like a man but inside he was a girl. "Trust me Jaelyn... I'm not worth your affection." He dared to make himself look at her. "Thank you though. It is touching to know someone doesn't think I am a complete freak."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 23rd, 2011, 12:25 am

Kendall's complimentary words, along with the the tender gesture of reaching out and touching her shoulder, only served to further agitate the flock of birds that seemed to have taken up residence in Jaelyn's stomach. There was no way she could look at Kendall's face as she felt her own continue to grow warmer and warmer.

At least, she had thought there was nothing until she heard Kendall's reaction to her confession of feelings. She turned wide, unbelieving, eyes to the man seated next to her, "Awkward? Freak? Kendall, I am not as talented with words as you are, but those are certainly not words I would use to describe you. Who could even say such things about you? You are kind, warm, artistic, creative," her gaze finally dropped away again as she softly added, "and hansome..."

As embarrassed as she was she still couldn't believe that Kendall would think those things about himself. Giving a small shake of her head she worked up her courage and spoke again, "Kendall, I am not very experienced when it comes to people, and so this might not mean terribly much to you," taking a deep breath she steeled herself and turned her gaze back to Kendall, "I have never known a man like you Kendall. You are so," she struggled to come up with an appropriate word, "Soft..."
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 23rd, 2011, 1:40 am

Kendall could not look at Jaelyn. He felt like the world was rushing around him. He should not have tried to get so close to her. It was wrong. He was just a facade. Apparently his act of trying to be a man was working a lot better than he had expected. He wanted to be like a man for the sole fact that currently he was in the body of one. He had tried so hard to take small hints from Hadrian and Cathan to know how men were supposed to walk and talk. He never thought he had actually made a convincing male though. He would have been a liar to say he was not a little proud of his acting skills. He had a smitten girl to deal with at the moment. His pride would have to take a back seat for a bit.

"You are really kind Jaelyn." He looked down at his hands which were folded on his lap. He wanted to tell her the truth. He could not leave her in the dark. Not about this. hat could he say to the girl though. "Hey, I need to tell you the truth about me. I'm actually a girl." No, that didn't work. It didn't even sound like it could be the truth. He did not want to scare the poor squire. She had so much going for her.

"There is a reason I am so… soft." He bit his lip as he thought. What could he say to Jaelyn to let her down easily? He looked into her eyes, tears in his own. He was so scared she would not want to be his friend anymore after he told her the truth. "All of those traits are very feminine traits. Most men are not like me for a reason." His fists clenched tightly as he looked at her. "I wish I could tell you everything but it every time I try to say what I want to say it sounds like a complete lie." He tried to breathe but it felt like his lungs had filled with water. "Besides, I'm scared you would never see me in the same light again if you knew the truth." He felt himself flush much warmer than he usually did. He was scared beyond belief. He could not even begin to imagine what Jaelyn would think.
Last edited by Kendall Saarinen on May 23rd, 2011, 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 23rd, 2011, 8:15 pm

Jaelyn listened quietly as Kendall spoke. This wasn't going like she had thought it might, but so far Kendall hadn't laughed at her, been angry, or recoiled in disgust so that was good at least. Even Jaelyn could tell that something else was bothering him. Her mind grasped at possibilities, what if he was married, promised to someone else, or was like Dimitri and just thought of her like a sister? She wanted to know for sure, and so she waited and listened intently to what was said.

When Kendall turned his beautiful eyes back to her Jaelyn's own eyes widened at shock as she saw tears there. Had she said something wrong!? She'd tried to be kind and honest, but Kendall was crying. She must have said something wrong. She had to fix it, she couldn't stand the thought of her actions making Kendall cry, but she didn't know what she had done. Kendall's words were a little confusing, but it seemed the biggest thing was that he was scared about some secret he had. She felt like he was giving her a hint with his words, but she couldn't seem to figure it out. Unless... maybe he was one of those men she'd heard about that was feminine and liked other men? That might explain it, but she didn't want to possibly upset Kendall more by jumping to a conclusion.

"Kendall," Jaelyn said softly, reaching out with her hand to hesitantly touch his shoulder like he had to her before, "If you do not feel the same way about me that is fine. Well," she glanced down, "I guess I would be sad, but I would understand and I would still want to be your friend," she forced her eyes back up, not wanting Kendall to think she was upset at him, "As for anything else... Well, one of the tenants of Knighthood is acceptance. I promise you, Kendall, that no matter what it is I will do my best to accept it and not let it change our friendship."
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Girls' Day Out (Kendall)

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 24th, 2011, 12:03 am

The feeling of Jaelyn's hand on Kendall's should calmed him. Not like Hadrian's touch of course, but more like a close friend's. Like Aello had been back when they were friends. He tried to stop the tears but they could not stop falling. "I've betrayed her..." A hand came up to his eyes, wiping the tears away from the green and blue. It was all going to fall out now. It would bubble to the surface. He had to trust Jaelyn even if it was hard. 

He looked down at Jaelyn's hand and sniffles. "It is not that I don't like you. Trust me Jaelyn, you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever met in my life. Any guy would be lucky to have your affection. I am just not the right guy. Petch... I'm not even a guy at all. Not in a spiritual sense." His cheeks burned a bright red as the tears began to fall again. He was scared out of his wits. His family cast him away when they found out about what happened. What if Jaelyn did the same? 

"I told you I was from Zeltiva right?" The thoughts in his head were racing. If it was not for the flames on his wrist he was sure he would have completely lost all control of his emotions by now. "Back then I was very different. I looked completely different. I was..." He choaked on his words as he tried to say them. The closer he got to the truth the harder the tears fell. "I was still Kendall Saarinen but not the Kendall you know. I was a girl. I was born a girl." There he had said it. He finally let his secret out to Jaelyn. His biggest fear was not that she would leave him. He would be hurt but he would move on. His fear was that his secret would crush Jaelyn. It was a lot of information to take in all at once. "I lived with my family in the city and attended the University. I studied literature and poetry. I was completely happy until..." Here came the hard part. This was farther than anyone had ever gotten into his past. Hadrian was the only one who knew this story besides the Gods themselves. "Until my accident. I was walking home one night and a man hypnotized me to follow him to his lab. It was there he..." Kendall's mark flared up in response to the emotions that were being unearthed. His mark existed to protect him from his wild emotions in return for Kendall's aid to Ivak. It could only hold back so much though. He bawled into his palms as his story reached it's climax. The memories hurt more than any physical pain could do. 

Kendall tried to regain composure. He shouldn't have reacted like this after Jaelyn admired her feelings to him. "He forced me to switch bodies with his apprentice. That is why I am a guy now. I am not supposed to be like this. I'm just stuck." He wrapped his arms around her and cried into her shoulder. "I had to let you know. It would have been unfair if I hadn't." He tried to breathe between the sobs. "Please don't hate me. I'm really sorry."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook