[Seven's Scrapbook] White Stars

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kendall Saarinen on June 11th, 2011, 3:28 am

I love the art Sev! Great job! I'm glad you like it on Mizahar. We like you right back! <3
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alice on June 11th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Hey, just wanted you to know that I like reading your musings about Seven. I really need to threadstalk some of your threads, I've never seen (read) him in action.

Also, your drawing skills are amazing! I'd love to see more of your art in the future. I also think you have inspired me, because recently I've thought about trying some drawing myself again. I used to draw manga-esque stuff too, but I don't draw as much anymore. Thanks for giving me back some kind of spirit. :)
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Seven Xu on June 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm

CRAZY MUSINGS & STUFF
Pretty much just crazy musings and other stuff

Thanks guys for your comments. =) Alice, I'm happy I could inspire you! Other artists inspire me all the time to draw; when I'm feeling particularly uninspired I usually hop on deviantART and search through the weekly popular art submissions and something more often than not pops out to me and I think 'boy, that would be fun to try to do'. Or, sometimes I'll just read something incredible and I'll want to paint it - and fail horribly usually, because painting isn't my forte.

So I think about character development a lot. Perhaps enough to call it an obsession. I lost my iPod a few months back and have neglected to replace it, so whenever I hop on public transit I usually lose myself entirely in my thoughts. It's really easy for me to do and something I passed on to Seven. I will literally zone into another world on my own if I let myself. Lately a lot of what I've been thinking about is Seven and his slowly changing attitude - and I've gotta say, to me he's on a slow boat to insanity.

But boy, is that journey gonna be fun.

It all began with his realization that his father had up and displaced him without his complete permission (sure, he went on the trip willingly but it was under false pretenses): Let's take a moment and examine Zhao Xu's psychology. It isn't exactly steadfast, sending your son to an uncertain future (I mean Seven could have died) just to prove a point. Maybe there's a predisposition for Seven to be a little off in the head.
Before this, it was uncommon to see Seven trying to manipulate conversations - now he does it all the time, unconsciously or not. He's beginning to feel a need for control, however little it is. I think I may allow him to travel down this road for a while, see where it goes. He certainly isn't as innocent and unassuming as he acts ... I think that's part of why I sort of want him to be a little crazy on the inside. I love the blissfully happy and insane.
If he ever makes it back towards Lhavit I see it ending ... not well, on his sanity.

Anyway, my thoughts were distracted by a dog that needed to take a poop and this whole post lost a lot of steam. Hah. Steam.

Until next time.
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous