Walkabout (OOC Forum)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Canyons and teetering formations of redstone serve as old witnesses of once deep rivers and catastrophic geysers. Now a dry beautiful place, it holds hardy creatures on its cliffs and in its caves.

[OOC] Walkabout

Postby Ma'ii on September 20th, 2009, 6:12 am

I didn't see an OOC thread so I decided to start one. I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, I've decided to be a Kalanue Chaktawe and was thinking of posting some [Flashback] threads here from when Ma'ii got his Spirit Guardian back in the Spring of 507 AV (refer to character sheet). My sheet isn't fully done yet, still needs to flesh out the equipment, but I was hoping to find someone to take the role of my Spirit Guardian.

"We are with you in the raven, in our gods, in our wisdom. When you leave us, you take us. When you walk alone we follow. So take no path that would turn you from honor. For when you turn aside, we all do."
— Kalanue Chaktawe Blessing
Ma'ii
"Brother Coyote"

Words: 7934
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2009, 10:27 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Colombina on September 22nd, 2009, 4:47 pm

Walkabout

Behold! Your OOC thread for this area. Use it at will for introductions, touching bases with other players, forum announcements, minor questions, and varied silliness.
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Re: Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Colombina on September 22nd, 2009, 4:59 pm

Ma'ii I can take on the role of your Spirit Guardian for a thread. :)

However, if the Guide's role is strictly for training purposes, I suggest a self mod. We shy away from mods overseeing training as it tends to burn them out and it stunts player's development when they are waiting on a mod to progress in their skills.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Re: Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Ma'ii on September 23rd, 2009, 2:45 am

Colombina wrote:Ma'ii I can take on the role of your Spirit Guardian for a thread. :)

However, if the Guide's role is strictly for training purposes, I suggest a self mod. We shy away from mods overseeing training as it tends to burn them out and it stunts player's development when they are waiting on a mod to progress in their skills.

Thanks Colombina. I was actually wondering if we can [Flashback] Ma'ii's Rite of Searching so that I can get a better feel for this important point in the life of a Chaktawe. I also put in an idea that a "great work" is afoot for Ma'ii which will require him to travel out of The Burning Lands. What that "great work" might be is mandated by the divine of course. :)

I'll be doing self-mod for the training threads past the Rite of Searching.

"We are with you in the raven, in our gods, in our wisdom. When you leave us, you take us. When you walk alone we follow. So take no path that would turn you from honor. For when you turn aside, we all do."
Ma'ii
"Brother Coyote"

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Nahuat on April 21st, 2010, 11:35 pm

Hello, I just wanted to poke my head in and introduce another Kalanue chaktawe. Still haven't gone through my actual searching rite. Nahuat is 15 on the eve of his Search. Hoping to expedite that next season, and focus on some skill-building (self-mod) and some character development (mod/pc), and maybe a single adventure to help test his mettle before the Search is undertaken. I am definitely looking forward to some RP though. :D
Nahuat
The Laughing Sands

Words: 6328
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2010, 8:05 am
Character sheet

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Colombina on April 23rd, 2010, 7:12 am

Welcome to the Burning Lands, Nahuat! When you're ready to rp your searching, let me know. I am trying to personally mod every Chaktawe searching as it is a pretty big deal for your PC. Until then, enjoy doing your thing.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina

Office
Scrapbook

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Kuhani on April 23rd, 2010, 7:27 pm

Hey, there. ;o Another Kalanue here. No shortage of us, lulz.

Colombina, my character is fourteen and turning fifteen on June 2nd. I'm actually trying to get her to leave her tribe BEFORE her searching. : O

WHAT A TWIST.

But yes. Hello.

Edit: Nahuat, I think our characters should meet! : O
Kuhani
Desert Healer

Words: 9890
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 7:26 am
Character sheet

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Hirem on April 26th, 2010, 2:14 pm

So, hi everyone. I got a bit of a situation with my character that could have some nice RP-ing attached with it. Basically, Hirem just got a leg injury escaping Ahnatep, and after a few days travelling in the desert, it's gotten worse. So, he needs somebody to help him with that, treat it with herbs and all that.

So why did I choose here? Well, I want him to meet a Chaktawe for once, as I'd like to explore how he feels about the desert people. So, anyone interested in helping out Hirem with his gimped leg?

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Puapasho on May 19th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Hello. I will be primarily in this setting and the Burning Lands for some time. Flashbacks including the Searching and also solos and any other threads that occur in Puapasho's home territory.
Puapasho
Player

Words: 10627
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2011, 4:48 am
Character sheet

Walkabout (OOC Forum)

Postby Ma'ii on June 24th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Aaaand after an almost 2 year absence from playing on the net, I'm back. I hope to be able to finally finish this character and play again. I'm in dire need of inspiration.

Ma'ii
"Brother Coyote"

Character sheet
Scrapbook