Too Hot To Move (Sophilia)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Drayton on May 7th, 2011, 9:30 pm

OOCGood fix. Thanks. :)

Eleanor’s body tightened up a bit at the accusation. It was uncanny that the woman had said something just as she toyed with the future possibility. Not that she’d been targeting the woman as she was now; there was something about a person walking around without even clothes that made a person suspect they didn’t have much else on them either. Shaking off the strange feeling of having her mind read Eleanor bit back. “You can call me Drayton, and I’d say you’re off to a rocky start, insulting the integrity of someone who is so kindly taking time out of a tremendously busy day to show you around a strange, not to mention dangerous, city.”

Huffing indignantly the girl’s face wrinkled into a frown, as the pair walked past a group of men huddled about an overturned crate. They were tossing several dice on the surface, but their focus on the bone cubes that clattered over the wood was broken by a shrill whistle. The gamblers heads glanced up, looking for the cause of the sound, a young man down the street who had noticed the tanned skin of Sophilia’s legs beneath her cloak. The men stared at the two for a moment before returning to their game, but the youth continued to sneer as they walked past.

Eleanor groaned inwardly, the disturbances were already beginning though hopefully none would escalate above wolf whistles. She couldn’t help but feel a little resentful toward Sophilia’s comments, even though it was perfectly true, she was a thief. Still, I wasn’t planning on robbing her anytime soon.. The young girl wasn’t sure the Kelvic would hold back a retort, and if she decided to reply to the men it could easily extend the time she had to spend in the sun.
There's nothing wrong with teenagers that reasoning with them won't aggravate.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Words: 73710
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 8th, 2011, 9:21 am

She had smirked inwardly when she felt the girl tense. She wasn't a mind reader but she had come to this city for its reputation and if she was living here she must either be a thief or a fool. She chuckled lightly as the girl finished speaking. "Well I'm sorry Drayton but you yourself said that this is a place of thieves.. and don't you worry about me. I'm a big girl and i know how to take care of myself."

Hearing the boys whistle at her she growled her lip curling slightly to reveal her canine teeth that were long and sharp. Not as large as a wolves canines as they were a larger dog to begin with but hers were just as sharp.

After looking at her dagger she looked back up at Drayton unsure of if she should try threatening the boys or maybe even actually fight them making sure to leave a few scars thinking that maybe that would teach them to hold their tongues. However, at seeing that the girls feet weren't faltering she merely continued to walk by her guide although she did continue to listen for any of the oafs encase they tried to follow the pair to the inn.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Words: 6724
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2011, 4:13 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 8th, 2011, 1:59 pm

Really, you look pampered to me? she thought with a small, smug grin. "Oh, I'm not saying I'm not a lying scumbag. It's a pretty good bet that most people are in this city, you're right. You don't get far here if you spend your days handing out flowers and saving kittens. Most people are a bit rougher around the edges than that. And as such I'd just thought I'd give you a bit of good advice: don't insult people unless you think you can beat them in a fight," but she shrugged slightly, letting her bony shoulders drop into a lazy slouch, "If you think you've got it under control though, who am I to judge."

Eleanor didn't fail to notice the Kelvic's unusual teeth as she snarled at the whistler. Seeing them she almost hoped the woman did some sort of fantastic leap and turned into a huge fanged beast that would have silenced the boy for good. But it probably would have been more trouble than spectacle, and she felt her gut relax as Sophilia continued to follow her, apparently content with sending the offender a nasty look.

Luckily the crowds were already beginning to thin as they reached the really poor part of town. Here in the slums the walls of homes bulged outward with the moisture of the seaside air, each looking as if it's gut had swollen from trying to house too many families. And Eleanor knew it was true. Her family hadn't actually lived in Sunset Quarters, but they had been close. The housing was cheap, and it was cheaper to fit as many bodies as you could under one roof, not to mention it was a lot warmer to be packed between a few folks when winter came and you were sleeping on a dirt floor.

"This lady Calyn runs Sunset Quarters. It's kinda a housing project, not great, but it's cheap and she's nice. I'll take you up to her office and leave you there, you can decide if you wanna pay for a space in the slums or sleep on the streets once you've seen a little more."
-Unknown

Common, Thought

School is a busy, busy place. I will be posting as regularly as I can, but to stay balanced only expect posts on Monday and Friday (maybe the weekend). Sorry for the delays!
Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 8th, 2011, 4:01 pm

She continued to walk with the girl knowing that she would get lost if she left her side for even a second. Sighing lightly she shifted her pack well then insulting you shouldn't be a problem you scrawny lil she left her insults to continue in her head knowing that speaking them out loud would only cause a fight and this child was no where near large enough to try to kill for a meal.

She looked around, as the crowds thinned out she was able to see more and more of the ragged streets and the broken people. she sighed ever so lightly not knowing why she was there after all.. but then again this was a terrible part of the city, Maybe there are better or richer parts of the city that i can take from..

Nodding lightly as she listened before she gently said, "I don't know.. maybe it would be better to live on the streets.. easier to roam that way and no need to have to make my way back here each night.. but i'll look at the place regardless.. should i presume that you're going to leave me?
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Drayton on May 12th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Calyn’s office didn’t look much different from the rest of the slouching buildings that clustered around it. Beneath a chipped and peeling coat of white paint the old wood of the walls was visible. The roof hung low, sagging over the front of the building like a cap that had been pulled down to obscure the face. But beneath its shadows the door was cheerful. The paint on the entrance was fresh compared to the rest and the door hung straight in its frame. As Eleanor pushed it open a small bell tinkled happily.

“That would be a very safe assumption Sophilia. Now, goodbye, perhaps I’ll be seeing you around Sunberth.” Her mood had visibly lifted as she trotted off the porch, casting a sloppy sort of salute at the young woman who she was leaving behind. The teenager moved out of the Quarters quickly, her hands rammed into her pockets as she strode down the street, back to her shady alleyway.
-Unknown

Common, Thought

Drayton
You know what you did.

Character sheet
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Sophilia on May 12th, 2011, 8:04 pm

She sighed lightly as she watched the girl walk off. She was more than smart enough to pick up on the sudden skip in her step as she all but ran away in Sophi's opinion. She looked at the door again before she lightly whispered, "perhaps we will meet again Drayton..." and with that she walked into Calyn's office.
Sophilia
Who? Little ole me?

Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on July 14th, 2011, 5:18 am

Thread Award!
Drayton

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 2 --
Rhetoric 1 --

Lore
Sunberth Geography: The Outskirts
Sunberth Geography: Sunset Quarters

Sophilia

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 --

Lore
Sunberth Geography: The Outskirts
Sunberth Geography: Sunset Quarters

Additional CommentsSophilia: I don't believe a Kelvic in human form has Wolf-like canines. I think they are fully human, or fully Beast-mode.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous