[SS Tavern] Life in the city (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on June 16th, 2011, 6:07 pm

Reaver thought about the argument, pausing her actions. She considered the retort offered by the Zith. She offered her own after the silence. With a cold stare, she answered with little emotion in her voice. "So, I don't need to order anything to be with your other less desired patron, but if I sit here I must order more and offer a tip? A bold set of demands, I must say, considering my treatment at this establishment. My odor isn't exactly a disease, though you treat it like one. You think I like it? It makes me happy? It's harder to wash out then you'd imagine. I may be distracting from the point. To be frank, I've never had such poor service in this establishment, though that's hardly saying much considering most won't even speak a word to me. I doubt anyone here has put the effort into earning a tip from me. Maybe next time, I'll bring my own drink. You don't have liquor strong enough to get me drunk anyway." She carefully considered the reaction to the accusation.

After, she looked to the other pair. "I'm sorry, Mr... Dervish. I was listening. You asked what I am. I am Reaver. It's not like there's anything else here like me. Though, being a simple something could make that hard to understand."

She stood from her seat, and glared at the server once again. "I seam to be offending everyone but the monster today. Nothing better to make me feel welcome then treating me like a monster." Followed by a glare at Dervish "An uninteresting monster." She'll give a right and proper bow to the Zith, once again as before. "Irriari, anytime you would like to see me would be wonderful, be it a time of need or just happenstance. I appear to have stayed a touch longer then these two would prefer." She rose from her bow. "I would love to exchange information with you further, but expect to share more information on your end next time."

She looked to the server once more, then walked away talking. "Try not to offend every female who sets foot into the bar, miss. One of them might eat you." As she walked out, Reaver didn't just simply leave. She had more questions for the Zith, and picked a nice spot nearby to wait around... and watch for Irriari to leave. There was still a chance for work yet, with such a figure around.
OOCThe following chat with the stalker/Reaver could be a different thread. XD
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Cassandra Coven on June 17th, 2011, 4:42 am

OOCActually, because the Silver Silver is small but a popular drinking hole, it's almost always full. But let's pretend it's an off hour. ;)

Cassandra rolled her eyes as the strange, smelly woman unleashed a rather lifeless tirade. Had it not been directed at her, she would not have taken note of it from the bustle of the tavern in the background, so inflection-less and unremarkable was the woman's tone. Still, the dark-haired barmaid thought the woman had some nerve to lecture her considering that she only ordered a copper's worth of drink. Perhaps she was one of those crazy ones she had seen in the less pleasant back alleys of Ravok, some of them walking around naked and covered in filth. While this one's smell was more tolerable than some of the worst cases she had ran across, Cassandra thought it was still her duty to make the woman understand that the Silver Sliver was not a charity house.

"Madam," she said again, in a voice that was clearly forced in its politeness. "It costs you nothing to sit with your acquaintances on that table. If your acquaintances - who, if I may point out, ordered drinks one hundred times the cost of what you ordered - doesn't mind sitting with one of your, ahh...distinguished odor, then I certainly won't argue.

"But if you took the time to check before you sat down here, I am - or was - cleaning this table for other customers to use. And while your distinct...scent... may not be a disease, I'm sure those eating and drinking would prefer not to smell it. So I would like to request that you return to your place so we can keep your odor localized there, else people might start to wonder what kind of things we serve here. We certainly don't want to lose their business."

Cassandra did not add that she was sure Mama and Papa, the proprietors of the tavern, would not mind losing the woman's business from the way she spent her coin, nevermind her smell or her strange behavior. It was the longest thing she had ever said to any customer, and she knew she would get into trouble for dawdling. She was being paid to get as much work done in as short a time as possible, but the woman playing the role of the difficult customer was making it hard for her to 'hurry it up', as one of her coworkers had urged her to earlier.

"And if you want to occupy this table...well then... Can I take your order?" she added belatedly, putting on the sweetest, and obviously fake, smile on her lips.

But the woman did not stay, walking out of the tavern after addressing her tablemates in that same emotionless tone of voice. Cassandra rolled her eyes once more, not bothering to retort to the less than subtle threat the woman shot at her in parting.

"'One of them might eat you,'"
she said in mock imitation, pinching her voice so that it came out all squeaky. "Yeah, right."

Pushing the memory of the woman, and her horrid stench, out of her mind (and nose), Cassandra returned to wiping the table. Considering the experiences she had gone through with members of the Black Sun, the woman's threat hardly elicited its desired effect on her. Still, she hated having to play the bad guy, though she had to admit to herself: it felt good sometimes to be a bitch.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dervish on June 17th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Smiling at Irriari, Dervish carefully ignored the smelly hag from the other table, whoever and whatever she was didn't seem to be of any interest in any way. He wasn't the kind of person to be polite if he didn't like someone, pretending friendship or putting up the facade and charades of common courtesy unless there was a good reason to do so.

"The Sliver's a great place for adventure of any kind, I come here too often, or at least it feels like more often than my coin can carry." He smiled cheerfully, taking another sip of his sliver. The drink was envigorating, the familiar taste refreshing as always. Often, the first Sliver would leave him in a better mood, feeling fast though often not being it, and with considerable wit left. Only after the following did the haze of alcohol begin to cloud his mind, even with experience the Sliver wasn't for the weak or the timid.

Dervish looked up at Irriari suddenly, his dark eyes alight with interest and a seeming energy; "What's it like, being a Zith in a clan in the wilds? I'd like to hear about it, if you'll indulge me. In turn, I can show you around Ravok some day, perhaps we can find some adventure." He smiled, feeling abit of his usual taste for chaos return. There was something of himself in this woman, and he imagined he would enjoy her company.
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Irriari on June 18th, 2011, 4:58 am

Irriari watched Dervish as he sipped his sliver. He seemed contented as they conversed and Irriari was too, which was a first in a tavern setting. Reaver left abruptly and she was sad to see the girl go. She seemed genuinely nice and interesting, and the medical knowledge the girl possessed was intriguing. Irriari hoped she would see the girl in Ravok soon.

She pondered his question for a half chime before answering.

“I would like to see more of Ravok with you. When would you like to go exploring?”

Irriari breathed in deeply and allowed herself to be surrounded by the memories of the colony for a brief moment. The noises and smells of a late night feast overwhelmed her as the sounds and battle cries of the warriors screamed around her in zithanese.

“What have you heard? Because I assure you, it's probably better in some ways, and worse in others. Our colony was small... unlike Din and some of the others spread across the plains. All of the zith inside of the den are from two families, and our accumulated slaves. We hunt together... we kill together. Life is chaotic and rough. I've ripped a man's balls off. I've done worse than that, and eaten Akalak. But we're not total brutes. My sister, Murder, was an artist, and I practiced my own hobbies. We cultivated and bred slaves, that was what I did when I was younger. The nights were long, we fought in the center of the colony, without weapons, all hand to hand to prove that we were strong. People died there and often, just like people were killed in the Sea of Grass. We didn't mourn them for long, however. It simply was the way it was.”

She breathed in deeply and smiled at him. She had never told anyone about the colony before, but she believed that Dervish could handle it. Irriari stood up and moved her wings slightly, careful not to open them to full length. She didn't want the petching barmaid to come back and complain about how she was “unnerving the customers.” or anything else that was equally stupid. After she stretched and got the blood flowing in her arms again, Irriari sat back down in the chair.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Dervish on June 19th, 2011, 8:38 pm

"Anytime. Say, tomorrow?" His answer was instant and straight-forwardly honest once again. As she answered his question with violent, gory detail he listened with a curious smile, darkened by his beard and long hair.

Their society seemed so brutal, yet at the same time so simple and straight-forward. While some might think it harsh and violent, he recognised it was also honest and efficient. It was foreign to him, yet he found the concept of such a society far from apalling. His own life had been drastically different yet similar in some ways. As she told her story he slowly emptied most of his drink without interrupting, hardly moving for the duration.

When she finished, he raised his drink. "Cheers, to the way it is."

It seemed a weird thing to say, and he had a humorous gleam in his eyes when he emptied the remains of his 'Sliver after it. Personally, he just appreciated both the order and the chaos in his life. He'd met someone new, someone different, and that was a good thing worth drinking about.

"Ravok is a vastly different place, and although some would say it is less dangerous here it's definetely not easier. The fight to prove yourself is not as apparent, but rather hidden in the shadows. Lies, deceit and illusions are the faces of man in this city." He smiled at her for a moment, then looked about for a moment for a barmaid, and waved at the nearest one to bring him a drink absent mindedly.

"Since you told me how your life and home is like, do you wish to hear of mine?"
Dervish
Finding a Future

Words: 30403
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:01 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Irriari on June 19th, 2011, 9:03 pm

She nodded and spoke. “Tomorrow sounds great. I have a place at Tarsin's Boarding House, if you want to stop by later in the day, maybe around this time?”

It occurred to her that she didn't know if half zith functioned as well as she did during the night hours, or whether he would be awake all day. She told him the number and location of the room anyhow, leaving the option to go up to him.

Dervish raised his drink with a smile and she nodded in return. Though it was silly, she feared her own glass of Sliver that was in front of her. Other poisoners remained one of her biggest fears and she was cautious to drink most things at a human establishment, unless she saw the beverage poured directly in front of her. Irriari drank in the information about Ravok and tried cataloging it all into her brain. From what she had heard, the city seemed to be dangerous and a difficult place to live in. It made her all the more proud that one of her kin had grown up here, and reaffirmed her belief that Dervish was strong, even if he was half human.

He offered to tell her the tale of his life, and she tried to restrain the smile that was tugging at her lips. This half zith unknowingly knew one of the cardinal rules of her colony. Information was traded as easily as coin, and it was beyond rude to listen to a guest without some story in return, even if it was a made up one. While the unstated law was an odd one she had often assumed that it was the only thing that kept the whole colony from being killed off by each other. Tales of battles, births and deaths passed the time between the akalak hunts and the sun filled hours.

“Yes, I would like to hear what your life was like here.”

Irriari busied herself with the pack at her feet as Dervish began to speak. She grabbed a small vial of a weak poison and painted it on the claws of two fingers on each hand as she waited. If a human asked, it was simply some sort of weird Zith tradition, to keep ones claws sharp. It could even be made out of the blood of glassbeaks, if they prodded her sufficiently about it. Irriari was not worried about the man across the table from her. The dangers that were outside of the tavern made her anxious, so she prepared for the streets of Ravok now.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on July 19th, 2011, 12:13 am

Irriari

• +1 Observation
  • +3 Intimidation

Lores: How to tell the Sheep from the Wolves, Reactions to a Monster, Meeting with a Half-Blood, Lore of Ravokian Guard (Poor), Lore of Rhysol (Poor), Lore of the Ebonstryfe (Poor), Lore: Life in Ravok (Poor), Poison Application: Claws (Basic)

Expenses: -1gm

Cassandra Coven

• +1 Observation
  • +2 Seduction
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores: The Face of a Monster, Falling Down in all the Wrong Places, Taking out the Garbage (Figuratively Speaking)

Loot: +2sm

Reaver

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Teaching
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: The Eyes of a Monster, Giving Advice, Stench does not make Friends, Storming Out

Expenses: -1cm

Dervish

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores: Meeting a Full-Blood, Smacked in the Back of the Head, Lore: Life in a Zith Colony (Basic)

Expenses: -1gm, -2sm

You Question My Logic? :
Okay.. if you want to know how I came up with xp, I have no idea. I hate grading social threads because I never know what to give. So there you go. If you feel I missed anything or you were short handed in any way, feel free to PM me.

Notes: I was enjoying this thread, it's too bad it ended like it did. Was curious to see where things went with Irri and Dervish.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous