Fela's Scrapbook of irrational fears

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Fela Meason on July 18th, 2011, 8:05 am

Her name is Rosalyn :3 she's my baby, we have 5 cats total but one of them is missing right now :( My room mate is devastated. It's her cat. We also have Auggie (Augustine Dillinger Wates), Tribble, Hightop and TT (Tennessee Tuxedo). I love animals so much. I also have a Beta Fish named MR. Anderson. I had a ferret but due to my poor health I had to find him another home, his name was Mushu. *rambles on about how much she loves animals and makes a total fool of herself*

Now to look at all my animals, past and present. Cause I might as well gush a little.

Mushu and Ginger

Yuki

Vladamir

Rosalyn

Khan
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Silvy on July 18th, 2011, 3:28 pm

<3 OH THEY'RE SO CUTE!! If you don't ramble and gush, I will!!! ooo ferret face!
the kitteh!!! ooh adorable lil rat whiskers n paws n ears!! Bunny ears so preetttty! ooo kitty play and squidgy doggy face!! <3 *squees at so much cuteness in one place* Oh Fela they're beautiful!!!
:D :D
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Words: 56673
Joined roleplay: June 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Fela Meason on July 20th, 2011, 7:24 am

Fela Meason - Research and what not

While plotting out and posting I had to do a lot research on field medicine and wilderness survival. I feel like I should get the experience points and not Fela sometimes! I found a recipe for a salve to treat minor scrapes and burns I would like to try and I thought I would share it with you!

Now this is for ratios only, as far as quantities you would have to decide how much you need and convert that for your needs.

20% Bee's wax (side note Lard also works as a good oil base)
50% Comfrey infused oil
5% Rosemary infused oil
5% Lavender infused oil
5% Calendula infused oil (Field marigold)
5% Plantain infused oil
5% Chickweed infused oil
5% Mullein infused oil

Essential oils (optional) Rosemary, Tea tree and Lavender in equal parts. Should never go above 2% of total mix.

When making a salve always melt your wax/lard over a double boiler never over direct heat. Let melt slowly over low heat and make sure not to let the water boil. When it starts to melt slowly begin to mix in your oils and herbs. Always store in clear clean jars and be careful to label them! Baby food jars work great for small amounts. Also you can buy special containers at most herbal and health food store made for salves, creams and balms.

credit :
Credit for basic recipe goes to Here
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Silvy on July 20th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Wow Fela!! Great research! And yes mullein leaves also are good for holding on a poultice really well. *smiles n huggles* good post!

yes..I stalk your scrapbook! lols :p
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Fela Meason on July 24th, 2011, 7:29 am

edit - removing non-Mizahar related material.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 31st, 2011, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Silvy on July 24th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Girl, Mamma Gann, Fela, which one you'd like to be called--how 'bout friend?

Honey when you live with one person it's a pretty much a marriage, ceremony notwithstanding. When you live with all those roomies, it's still a marriage. Equal pay up, equal facility time, equal food time. This means compromise. It sounds like you're doing most of the compromising.

Taking on a momma role is always rewarding when it's a mutual thing. My sweet friend, you give -too much- of yourself. Is there anything left for you to feel for yourself, or have you given it all away as mamma gann?

No, I don't think it's petty at all. Each 'little' thing is a discourtesy. Too many small rudenesses are leading to a giant frustration. You need Fela time. Relaxing pat the lovely purring kitty time, long bath, music and candles time.

When you feel a rudeness from one of your home partners, mark a check on the calender with the initial of the first name. After a week, check to see if these little marks add up to a pattern of repeated discourtesy. If it is the same thing, have a major and serious, non mamma talk with them.

From what i've seen you're a sweet, caring person, but honey you need to make time for YOU. treat your roomies like the adults they are! You are not their momma and it's rude of them to foist all their issues on you with no personal responsibility taken for their own actions.

When things get hard, simply use your mantra out loud until they understand that you're a person first, and a sweet mamma gann 2nd. something like,
"Just 5 minutes for me, or gimme a breath of my own."

Thank you for sharing your personal scrapbook with Miza and me. I wish I could take away the uglies, but it has to be done by you, to empower you.

*big big biggg hugs*

Lisa
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Silvy on July 25th, 2011, 5:22 am

*looks up* Sorry all that I posted up there seems bossy and pushy when I look at it now. I think I was too enthusiastic with wanting to help where help wasn't asked for.
Silvy
friendly lil wolf

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Fela Meason on July 26th, 2011, 5:17 am

Honey it's fine. :) I will listen to all advice. I feel everyone needs to express how they feel and even when people don't agree they should feel comfortable enough with themselves to express their opinions around other without fear of judgment. If you have something you want to say, just say it. I will consider all words carefully. *hugs*
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on July 30th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Fela Meason - Is this thing on? *tap tap tap*

I stumbled onto this site on June 20th 2011, forty days later and I feel like I have been here my entire life. I have received a warm reception from everyone involved, I have made new friends and I have been able to practice writing daily. I have sat down to read the lore for hours on end trying to learn everything I can about this magical world, and even had a few ideas myself but have been too scared to present them to the founders and DS's. I love it here and I hope I'll be around for a very very long time (minus the short few weeks I wont have internet after my move :p ).

You know what else is great? I even have pet peeves related directly with role playing now! I had pet peeves surrounding every other action and position you could possibly think of, but none for role playing since it was brand new to me, well in this form at least. My number one pet peeve now is pushy people (not that I have run into a lot of them) my second would be people that pump out quick posts without a lot of content. Let's address each one separately, shall we?

Number one) If you are pushy and don't give me the time I need to post then the post may not be very well done or I will just lose all drive to post with you. If it has only been 1-2 days since you replied please don't think it is time to nudge me every time I am on the site. I have a lot of threads going right now and it does take me time to write a response I feel happy with. I'm a bit of a perfectionist like that. That being said, if you want to shoot me a PM or let me know in chat "Hey I just responded to the thread" That is fine, that makes me happy and excites me to know I have more story and adventure to read. But telling me "Are you gonna respond soon?" or "I didn't want you to forget" or "It's getting late, are you almost done" is not going to sit well with me. There are a time and a place for such reminders and they can be very useful and necessary. Like for instance if I haven't responded in over a week it could mean: RL caught up with me, I honestly forgot or that you have done the above pet peeve and I have lost interest with threading with you because I do not like pushy people.

Number two) Quick responses. They are great sometimes. Some people just have awesome turn around (Can think of one from just last night that was responded to within twenty mins and was a wonderfully written post) but sometimes just because you can boast about quick turn around doesn't mean that it's an enjoyable experience for everyone else. Make sure the post you are making keeps the people you are threading with interested and keeps everything moving. I sometimes am guilty of not keeping the plot moving...(sad face) but even those posts are fun to read for the most part and full of sweeping narratives, just not a lot of action to jump off on; however, if you miss both of those things completely then may the goddess have mercy on your soul. Well...you know now that I think about it, if you just keep me entertained I'll find someway to keep the plot moving. I just need to feel some motivation to read it. To those writers: I see your vocab! Use it. I know you have it in you, don't worry about speed and numbers. Worry about quality in your work.

Ok, I feel better. *sets out a tray of cookies for everyone who stuck around for the whole speech*

But the reality of it is, I love here, and even with the pushy people I wouldn't trade it for any other site. Thank you guys and stay beautiful. Just keep being brilliant. <3

Now to celebrate being here over a month and put my official stamp of approval, let's have a party!

**and yes I know my stamp holds no weight around here...Just a personal system....Cookie?
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Fela Meason on July 31st, 2011, 2:49 am

Ignore. This post never happened.
Last edited by Fela Meason on July 31st, 2011, 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

PreviousNext