The Confused Journeymen [Aldrich,Croatoan,Hunwald,Acanthus]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 6th, 2011, 3:15 pm

OOCFrankly put, I have no idea wheter or not the tavern is in a corridor or not. It doesn't really say, so I took it for granted. :nod:
Hunwald clasped his hands together and smiled.
"Then it is decided, gentlemen." he then said.
Hunwald thought to himself for a moment. Summer was close by the looks of the weather outside the castle, that he had noticed earlier this morning, which means that it would be a great time to start a travel.

"Gentlemen", Hunwald said, "If we do plan on a travel, we ought to set foot as soon as we can. The animal's mating season is nearing it's end, which would mean that summer is at the doorstep. We should stock up on supplies and perhaps find some horses or donkeys, like our bulky friend here suggested." Hunwald took a deep breath as he continued: "So, I have a four-man tent. Unless you wish to sleep in the woods, or got a tent yourself, this would be our home." He paused for a moment to look at the men around him. "You would however need a sleeping bag and possibly something to keep your heat with."

His eyes turned to Croatoan.
"You're a cook, you said? Grand! This will make our trip so much more easier. I am a qualified hunter myself, as you probably can tell. During the hunting seasons, our food supply will be as infinite as the wildlife that sorrounds us."

Hunwald's smile went wider, probably giving him a toad-like appearance. "What a great day this is.", he thought to himself, "I absolutely love to travel, and here I stumbled upon a group of men that shares my interest!

"So then, we should get some supplies." Hunwald said, followed by a short nod.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Words: 7146
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 5:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Acanthus on June 6th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Acanthus nodded at Hunwald's words. "Aye, I say we set out as soon as possible," He agreed. "No need to make extravagant travel plans. I say we purchase supplies, point ourselves in the general direction of Zeltiva, and start walking," He said with a smile. For some reason, he seemed in a bit of a hurry to leave Syliras. Perhaps it was simply excitement.

Then he continued, "Or riding, if you've an animal to carry you, like my pony." His face suddenly turned somber and a distant expression crossed his face, as if he was remembering some great sadness. Then he blinked several times and seemed to bring himself back to the present.

"As for our living quarters, I've a bedroll and blanket and that's all I need. I prefer sleeping under the stars. Anyway, shall we disperse to buy our supplies and agree to meet back here in a few hours?"
Acanthus
Wizard

Words: 11928
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 9:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 7th, 2011, 7:24 am

Hunwald nodded in agreement, as he thought it was a splendid idea to split up in order to get supplies. The quicker they could set foot, the better.

He continued to listen to Acanthus as he spoke. Then it suddenly struck him: He also had to buy a horse. He's not too good with horses, but it should be fine. He'd have to figure something out.

"However, friend..." Hunwald said, as Acanthus were done talking. "Are you sure you want to sleep 'under the stars'? The wildlife is quite extreme, and I doubt a big mother bear would say no to dinner in the shape of a human sleeping in the woods." He paused for a moment before he went on. "But the choice is yours, Acanthus."
Last edited by Hunwald Bachiler on June 11th, 2011, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Acanthus on June 7th, 2011, 7:37 am

Acanthus scratched the stubble that was just beginning to appear on his normally smooth and shaven face. He found he rather liked it. Perhapse he would experiment with the growth of a long "wise old wizard" beard. But the thought of wise old wizards only served to sadden him further. Damn it, he thought, I have got to get out of this place.

Nodding thoughtfully, he replied, "You may be right, my friend. My longsword won't do me much good if the beasts come upon me while I'm dreaming! I'd awake to find myself eaten in my sleep!" He chuckled at the oxymoron he'd created.

"In all seriousness, however," He continued, "Perhapse I shall purchase a tent of my own. I prefer to sleep alone. Anyway, if there are no objections, I think I shall be off to buy supplies."
Acanthus
Wizard

Character sheet

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 7th, 2011, 8:09 am

OOCSo, how do we do this? Do we all create solo threads for our shopping rounds, or what?
Hunwald bursted out in a heartly chuckle as well.
"Good one, friend! Good one indeed." He paused. "But true, nevertheless! Well, as long as you feel comfortable, it's all good."

Hunwald looked around. The group had started to attract the attention of the people in the corridor. "Of course, we must look very odd. A bulky man with an axe and a shield... Two men wearing robes in the breach of summer, and then there's me." he thought to himself.

"Well, then. We ought to get moving." Hunwald said, as he prepared himself to leave the corridor.
Last edited by Hunwald Bachiler on June 7th, 2011, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Acanthus on June 7th, 2011, 9:06 am

OOCYou don't have to, you can just add purchases to your ledger, but you read my mind exactly! I was going to make a preparation thread, including shopping and last-minute training. Anyway, good night, I feel very tired and sick. I hope I can keep my dinner down. :puke:

With a slight bow to the group of men, Acanthus transfered his staff back to his right hand from his left. "I'll be off to buy supplies, then. And I shall need to gather my things from my room." He gestured to the tavern. "I've been living here since I sold everything a few weeks ago..." But he had begun strowing off at a brisk pace, muttering more to himself than he was to the other men, and he was soon out of earshot.
Acanthus
Wizard

Character sheet

Postby Croatoan Vederoin on June 8th, 2011, 10:48 am

Croatoan looked thoughtful at Acanthus while he disappeared in the masses of people.

Hrm, hrm, hrmph. Awright, 't'was supplies? I still've food for'ah week, bu' if we're going t'Zeltvina I need a carpet, a bedroll, a pot I can cook mah food in, tha'needs t'b'big 'nough since there's going t'be four o'us, some dried fruit might also b'nice if we're going t'walk a lot an' some dried vegetables would b'good t'use in th'cooking. I should consider some beef jerky also, a waterskin an', o'course, two sets o'kitchen knives. This's going t'hurt mah pocket.

He then turned to Hunwald, and asked: "Oh, well, fellow. I am not the best navigator. Can you direct me to where the market is? By the way, I must admit that this trip is extremely suicidal since we have a type which I suspect to be a wizard with us, and he could quickly turn insane." His eyes glanced towards where Acanthus had gone.
Croatoan Vederoin
The Cooking Axeman.

Words: 5749
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Character sheet

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 10th, 2011, 6:47 am

"Alright, first thing's first. I should go and get some food supplies." Hunwald thought to himself, as he took his first step away from the group. Then Croatoan suddenly spoke to him and asked for navigation. He also mentioned something about wizards. Hunwald blinked his eyes twice and turned around with a smile on his face.

"Surely you must be tired." Hunwald said.
"You see, I doubt a real wizard would want want to live in the wilds if he could chose not to. Nope, I doubt we're dealing with wizards here, friend. Perhaps a man with an odd sense of fashion, but I doubt that he's a wizard." Hunwald paused and shrugged slightly.
"What do you say, Aldrich? Do you think we're dealing with a wizard?" Hunwald said as he turned his attention to Aldrich for a moment.

Hunwald then turned his attention back to Croatoan.
"Oh, you wanted guidance, you said?"Certainly! We should move out, then."
His eyes turned to Aldrich again. "You coming along, or are you going to go for a lone trip to the market as well?" Hunwald then said, still with that wide smile on his lips.
Last edited by Hunwald Bachiler on June 11th, 2011, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Character sheet

Postby Aldrich on June 10th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Aldrich was lost in thoughts. He wasn't yet aware of if he would slip away once an opportunity rises and act like a lone wolf, or if he should join the men on their journey. His train of thoughts was interrupted as he heard the chubby man mentioning the university. He had heard about it from different sources, both from his former master and other scholars who had studied there in order to deepen their knowledge within mathematics, rhetoric and other subjects, those that he would happily learn more about. He hadn't heard anything about the university teaching out magic, and even if they did, would they have anything to teach him? He scratched his chin and listened to the chubby man's voice once again. If they would travel by horse, he would save plenty of days, he was also able to afford a middle-class horse. Buying one that is trained for combat wouldn't make him any good, considering experience on a horseback.

The fact that the chubby man was able to cook was a relief. This trip could might become rather enjoyable, even though the fellowship seemed slightly insane. He nodded as an answer and turned his head to the man dressed in leather, also known as Hunwald. Judging from his looks he had good experience in the wilderness, thus having him with them would make the trip a whole lot easier. Supplies was also something that he would need to take care of eventually. Buying those along with the horse should make it an easy job. He still had coins to spare from the last season, even the season before that, he simply didn't spend enough on himself.

His sight rested on Acanthus. He was avoiding people, much like himself. With the former assumptions and the recent one, he was rather sure that the man was a wizard, but he couldn't be entirely sure until he had seen him in a fight. He hadn't any problems with wizards, considering how he is a wizard himself, but he knew that things could get troublesome if they couldn't control themselves, the same thing applied to himself.

Hunwald suddenly questioned him, and he wasn't sure what to answer. Answering that he knew that the man was a wizard could make the fellowship assume that he was a wizard himself and judging from his former experience with people, it was better to leave that subject behind curtains. If he would answer no, the group, could might become endangered or chocked if it would show up later on, not that he was sure that he was one, but wearing a staff and a cloak was more than enough to make assumptions.
-"I am not entirely sure, but judging from that he walks around in a robe, carrying a staff and waving that aura of mystique around himself, I wouldn't be surprised if he were one." Now that there was no further questions, everyone should leave and get their supplies, but to his surprise, Hunwald gave him yet another question. He wasn't sure if it would benefit him in any way to tag along the two men on their trip to market. Following them shouldn't hurt him in any way, he thought and so he followed them.
Aldrich
Astral Harper

Words: 6372
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 1:37 pm
Character sheet

Previous