The Confused Journeymen [Aldrich,Croatoan,Hunwald,Acanthus]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Aldrich on June 2nd, 2011, 8:28 pm

Secret :
This thread continues from another thread. If you're interested in these four men's brave tale, you might want to read this thread as well! [The Rearing Stallion] A less pleasant meeting [A, H & C]

90th of Spring, 511 AV

Aldrich opened the door to the tavern and walked through. He had planned to drink a glass of ale, return to his room and spend the rest of the day reading through the books that were piled up in the bookshelf, but to his dismay his plans had been interrupted by two men. It would be wrong to say that he was angry about this happening, but it would also be wrong to say that he was happy over it. It lay in his nature to not like interacting with people, but now that he had found someone to actually converse with, it wasn't as bad as he first thought.

The corridors were filled with people, spreading the recent rumours or exchanging words about business. He leaned against the cobblestone wall outside the tavern, looking around for a suitable way to escape. There was plenty of people around which he could disappear behind, but the chance of doing so with the two men following him would be close to zero. He turned to them and pulled his hood up, obscuring his face from the light.
-"What now? I do not expect that you wanted us to go outside in order to stand here and wait for our bodies to rot away." He gave it a second thought.
-"If I remember correctly, you wanted to sing a song, isn't that correct?" His head turned to the chubby man with the buckler.
Last edited by Aldrich on June 2nd, 2011, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aldrich
Astral Harper

Words: 6372
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 1:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Croatoan Vederoin on June 2nd, 2011, 9:11 pm

90th of Spring, 511 AV

Croatoan was unnerved by the two of them, but used his blithe smile to cover his nervousness. Damn, w'at's wit' th'se weirdos? He thought to himself.
"Ah, yes! A song. Of course, I am a man of jolly disposition and a true lover of singing, but I really do prefer singing them in taverns where fiddlers, harpers and flute-players whip up a tune that I either sing the song written for it, or invent one on my own."
Now when he had gotten a bit into the mood and felt a bit more sure, he put his hand into the bag and gingerly touched the shaft of his axe, ready to tear it out if he felt that they didn't have entirely good intentions. After that he put the hand back out in a honest, open-handed gesture to signify that he didn't mean any harm, and said: "I do wish someone had an instrument to accompany my singing, though.
"As for a song, I suggest we try the tune named "Ol' Ages of Wonders Past". You have heard about it, right?"
He still smiled.
Last edited by Croatoan Vederoin on June 2nd, 2011, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Croatoan Vederoin
The Cooking Axeman.

Words: 5749
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Character sheet

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 2nd, 2011, 9:27 pm

90:th of Spring, 511 AV.

As Hunwald walked out the door, following the two men, he closed it behind him. He eyed his sorroundings, looking at the people around him. They seemed to be busy with their business.

"How can people be working so hard all the time?", he thought to himself. "Have they no spare time at all?"
He shrugged slightly as he turned his attention to the two in front. The man with the pony-tail had now put his hood up, making him look even more shady than before.

The hooded man asked what they were going to do, followed by the suggestion of singing. The man with the buckler shield seemed to be completely agreeing on the idea. Hunwald shivered, barely noticeable, at the very thought of singing with two complete strangers. He had to think of something, quick!

"Actually, I have a better idea!" he said, while still trying to think out a plan. "Why don't we... Err..." Hunwald frowned slightly, then the idea struck him like a hammer to his forehead. "Why don't we go for a friendly stroll instead? We could always, err, sing later."

Hunwald suddenly put his hand out, attempting to exchange some polite greeting of sorts.
"The name is Hunwald Bachiler. Do you two have names as well?"
Last edited by Hunwald Bachiler on June 2nd, 2011, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Words: 7146
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 5:59 am
Character sheet

Postby Croatoan Vederoin on June 2nd, 2011, 9:50 pm

His eyes were looking up the celling, seeing the indicate carvings in the roof and studying the zig-zagging ornaments that crossed each other in a tangled curve, then he looked on Hunwald.

Croatoan pursed his lips, and then said: "A stroll? Certainly! We could always sing on the road if something occurs."
He glared penetratingly at Hunwald, and then continued: "Where would you suggest we should go? By the way, since you asked so kindly, my name is Croatoan. Croatoan Vederoin." He then looked over at the hooded man with a curious and eager glance.

It's be good t'see others also've reluctance t'jus' sing abruptly in th'streets. Let's see where he'd lead us. And I honour m'God by moving as much as I can, so it's a religious duty t'd'it.
Last edited by Croatoan Vederoin on June 2nd, 2011, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Croatoan Vederoin
The Cooking Axeman.

Character sheet

Postby Aldrich on June 2nd, 2011, 10:58 pm

Aldrich leaned against the wall, standing in a pose with his arms crossed. He had an instrument to accompany the chubby man's singing, but, playing in a public place, and without any reason to do it except to do it for the fun of it wasn't his thing. Joy was something that was different for everybody, and joy for him was to experiment with the djed, not to sing poems and dance around in taverns, it just wasn't his thing.

His eyes fell on the man dressed in leather with a bow strapped around his back. His suggestion of taking a stroll instead of singing was tempting, but he wasn't interested in doing either of them right now.
-"I refuse, unless you've got somewhere to take us, that is." he looked around the corridor yet again.
-"Aldrich Anzeray is the name." He turned to the chubby man. He knew tons of places that would be friendly to visit, but decided to keep his mouth shut. Hunwald shouldn't have somewhere to take them, and even if he had a place, he doubted that it would be worth going to. This would work as an excellent excuse to retire back to his room at the inn and fall into deep sleep, and even eat a meal or drink some ale, anything of those things would be better than being stuck here with these two.
Aldrich
Astral Harper

Character sheet

Postby Acanthus on June 5th, 2011, 7:27 pm

OOCSorry for the very short post, I'm just a bit confused as to where you guys are so I'm being a little vague in my post. You stepped outside the tavern, but now you're in some corridors?

Syliras was one of the safest places to be in Mizahar and, by most people's standards, the best. However, for Acanthus Grimsley, it was not the best. It held too many painful memories. He had been planning to leave for weeks now, but despite his desperation to flee the city, he wasn't about to journey into the wild and dangerous world without companionship. Not that he particularly liked other people, but they could certainly be useful in a fight. It was as he was strowing through Syliras, his purple robes sweeping about him, a longsword at his belt and a staff in his hand, thinking that he would never find a suitable traveling party, that he chanced upon three men: a hooded one, a chubby one, and a ranger, by the looks of him. He was about to walk right by the group when he caught a few interesting snippets of conversation pertaining to the very subject that currently occupied his mind: travel. So he stopped and interjected into their conversation,

"Excuse me, sirs, yet I couldn't help but overhear your plans. In case you're seeking travel, and wouldn't mind an extra companion, I too have been searching for an adventuring party for quite some time now. I'd join you, if you'll have me."
Acanthus
Wizard

Words: 11928
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 9:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Hunwald Bachiler on June 5th, 2011, 9:55 pm

OOCYou see, Syliras is actually some kind of castle. The tavern is inside the actual castle, meaning that when you leave the tavern you would appear in the corridor that leads to it. Sorry for any inconvenience. :P
Hunwald was just about to open his mouth to suggest a place to move to, when he was interrupted by a man. Hunwald turned his head to look at the newcomer. He was clad in purple robes, and he was armed with a staff and a sword. Hunwald frowned slightly, but then his expression soon changed into a smile.

"Traveling, you say? I was about to suggest a mere walk. But now that you mentioned it, it have been some time since I last had an adventure. I am definitely up for a travel of sorts, my good sir. I do, however, not know about these fellow people right here..." Hunwald pointed with his thumb towards the two next to him. "... But I am up for it, wheter they join in or not."

Hunwald's facial expression changed into excitement. You could easilly tell that this man was eager to get out of Syliras, just by looking at him. Hunwald put his hand out and introduced himself again.
"The name is Hunwald Bachiler. These people are Aldrich...", he pointed at the hooded man. "... and Croatoan, I think it was?", his finger moved to the man with the buckler shield.
"Do you have a name?", he then asked.
Hunwald Bachiler
The Hunter

Words: 7146
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2011, 5:59 am
Character sheet

Postby Acanthus on June 5th, 2011, 10:30 pm

OOCI knew it was a castle, but I figured there were some open parts as well as enclosed areas, so you wouldn't always have a ceiling over your head.

Acanthus moved his staff from his right hand to his left and grasped the other man's hand firmly. "I am Acanthus Grimsley," replied the young wizard. "Nice to meet all of you." He said to the three men. Then, turning back to Hunwald, he continued, "I'm pleased to hear you have a taste for adventure, even if I at first mistook the suggestion of a walk for travel plans," He said with a small smile. "What say you?" He said, turning back to Aldrich and Croatoan.
Acanthus
Wizard

Words: 11928
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 9:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Aldrich on June 5th, 2011, 11:18 pm

Secret :
I will be on a field trip for about two days which means I will be unable to respond, so do not expect any fast replies from me within the coming days.

Aldrich glanced at the approaching man who wore a purple robe and carried a staff. Travel? They hadn't even mentioned travel. It's a wizard, he thought, judging from the man's appearance. They were know to be up to no good, not that he was up to something good himself. His head turned to Hunwald ho were as positive as ever about the sudden suggestion. His day turned worse each second that passed, and soon this horrible dream would end, but as he thought that, another thought came to his mind. Syliras wasn't a place he fancied. There was to much people and the amount of magical training that he could attain there was minimal. It maybe wasn't such a bad idea to set out into the world and discover wast lands and meet new people? He frowned at his second thought. He heard his own name and snapped out of his deep thoughts, he nodded as a greeting.
-"Travel? Then, I assume we would travel by horseback, or even boat?" His penetrating sight eyed the group.
-"Also, if we would set out into the wilds, do any of you have any experience, and where would we travel?" His sight passed to Croatoan. He was the only one that hadn't mentioned anything yet, and if he was lucky, he would refuse and the party might disband, only then he could forget what he just said and return to his room in the tavern. His fate was in the chubby man's hands.
Aldrich
Astral Harper

Character sheet

Postby Croatoan Vederoin on June 6th, 2011, 1:07 pm

Croatoan looked incredulous on the wizard with a blank expression on his face. What in God's name? 'nother want-t'-g'-on-a-trip-guy? Bleh! There's nothin' wrong with a little company on m'journeys. Then he took up a duck-like smile, shifted his glance to Aldrich and back again, and said: "Why not? I am up for a journey."
After he said that, he bowed to the wizard, and said: "As he said, my name is Croatoan, my good man. I am a worshipper of Aquiras, the God of travelling, doors and journeys, and, of course, taking on a trip would fulfil a lot of my religious duties. As for a potential destination - I suggest my home town, Zeltvia. It is a poor city, yes, but the people there are nice, the sea-food based cuisine is delicious and the university is extremely extravagant.
"The university is like a mastodon of knowledge, and I have been so fortunate to have gained some education there, but not enough to become a teacher myself. I'd suggest we travel by horse (since it is faster), but we can also walk. It isn't too far if we sleep little at the nights or get a hike with a trader going there. There should be plenty of traders going by cart-and-horse, or caravans, since the waterway to Zeltvia goes around about half the sodding continent.
"We should not worry on the matter of food. I, myself, am a cook in training, but I make some delicious stew."
Then he suddenly shook his head, and smirked. "And the best thing of all - you can do some lucrative dealings with the pirates going there if you are willing to take the risk.
"Regardless, good folks, you should know by now that I am a man that loves his own voice, and that I am entirely up for this journey. Now, how about we celebrate our encroaching journey with me buying some cider, a freshly baked bread, some cheese and some salted ham, and go to a room to discuss the details? I presume one of you have a room at some inn we can go to?"
Croatoan Vederoin
The Cooking Axeman.

Character sheet

Next