OOC Info [Suvan Sea OOC Thread] The Fierce Currents

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

[Suvan Sea OOC Thread] The Fierce Currents

Postby Anchor on April 17th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Hullo all!

This thread hasn't seen use in a while, so I thought I'd come in to give another update. First, I apologize if I owe you a modded thread that has not been started yet, I'm running four at the moment and am still waiting on information for the others. Once some NPCs get approved, I'll be able to move forward with Shiress, Lucy, Scarlet, and Perc. Uleru and Azcadelia, I'm still waiting for the pod you two are learning from to be developed. I'm sorry, there just aren't any magical pods yet, especially to do with reimancy.

Everyone has made their first posts in the quest, so I will be sending out a PM soon regarding that. For looks on development in the near future, my initial concern is these npcs and their pods to help you guys train, but after that expect some develop,ent of the travel routes between the cities. This will help pirate Svefra know where they would frequent, and once up also lets me think of things for people traveling through if they want to interact with you people.

All works in progress, but keep an ear out!
Will be gone for a couple days, grades need lifting

The Suvan Sea

The Suvan Sea *** Fierce Currents OOC *** Current Events

Black Rock
(Temporary Responsibility)
Black Rock *** Morbid Musings OOC *** Domain Lore
Anchor
Come diving with me

Words: 155953
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 4:21 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Anchor on April 22nd, 2013, 9:29 pm

Hey all!

I'm sorry for the delays, but both quest threads have now FINALLY been updated, and you have a while to work on them. For those of you I still owe threads to, I'm sooo sorry. Please be a bit more patient, I'm trying to get myself together for this.

Something else I wanted to warn you guys of is a temporary absence. My grades need a quick facelift if I'm to stay afloat, so I'm going to be taking the next two days off Miz to right myself in terms of school. I'm sorry that this will mean longer delays, but at least you have quests to reply to now. :)

In all seriousness, I'm so sorry that I've been scrambling around like this guys. Hope to be with you all soon, hopefully with better grades.

Cheers!

Anch

The Suvan Sea

Black Rock
Anchor
Come diving with me

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Anchor on April 26th, 2013, 5:55 pm

I’ve been noticing some small mistakes here and there among the various posters and players here in the Suvan. Things like non-Svefra pirates, and the fact that the Svefra are actually a matriarchy. Like I said, they’re small mistakes, and hopefully mistakes that’ll cease when I get around to updating the lore page, but until then I have this thread. So I thought I’d be releasing these little lessons where I see them, and actually give them a title since I noticed an overarching theme. Ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you to the first premiere of Suvan 101 - lessons that will help you get playing in the Suvan!

Today’s lesson is on a commonly misunderstood part of Svefra culture: the inheritance on the title of Lia. From what I’ve read in a lot of posts (and actually a lot of development suggestions) it is often believed by us - as players - that the title of Lia is passed on from current Lia to her eldest daughter, much the same way it would work within a real-world patriarchy. That is not the case though, and it is actually the eldest female of the pod who receives the title, regardless of blood relations.

Now, I’m not Gossamer (who created the race) so I can’t say for certain, but I’m confident that there’s an obvious reason for this. To the Svefra, their pods are more or less their families, the people they spend their lives sailing with. Though there are smaller groups within this family, actual blood relations and men and women who choose to share a boat, that dynamic is not stressed nearly as much as blood relations on the mainland. Following that train of thought, the Lia is more than just a leader - she’s a mother. As such, when the mother dies and it’s left to someone else to lead the family, it will go to the next eldest in the family, as in the whole pod (must be female, because this be a matriarchy).

Alright, that’s the extent to which we’re covering the Suvan today folks. Stay tuned for more of these! :D

The Suvan Sea

Black Rock
Anchor
Come diving with me

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Anchor on May 2nd, 2013, 5:47 pm

Hey all!

You may have been noticed some slow activity on my part. That isn't to say I've been inactive, just a lot is occurring out of sight. Both quest threads have replies being worked, and I'm getting some help from the Cyphrus team in terms of moderation. Not too much so unfortunately some of you are still waiting, but I think Magpie will be stepping in to help one or two of you. So a huge thanks to her.

Also, this is sort of a n explanation for my present and near-future inactivity. I'm taking part in a play that has me rehearsing from right after school to late every day, and on top of homework expect a huge production gap. That's been happening since monday, sorry I didn't let you guys know sooner.

For those in Down in the Deep, I've been busy but I'm trying to get around to reviewing your suggestions. Gossamer gave the go ahead on a couple and I'll try to add them soon, hopefully later today, but for the rest you'll need to hang on a bit. I'm so sorry.

Happy writing all. :)

The Suvan Sea

Black Rock
Anchor
Come diving with me

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Anchor on May 7th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Seriously, someone else start using this besides me. The silence is deafening...

Anyway, I just thought I'd make a public welcome to Rhyse Icewave, who just joined the Suvan this season. I'm sorry it's a bit late to join the quest, but there're are a few people you can play with, and a couple dedicated posters if you're about the Flotilla.

Anyway, PM each other and make plans, be nice to our new player! Also, I'm not sure whether it was intentional for Rhyse and Caran to have the same pod name, but if you're from the same pod that'll be neat to see if there's a history. :)

The Suvan Sea

Black Rock
Anchor
Come diving with me

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 13th, 2013, 10:15 am

Sorry for the belated announcement, folks.

Your ST for the Suvan Sea has been abruptly retired for gross disregard of the site's rules. He let another person onto his account, and they promptly logged into chat, created a ruckus, and was booted. Account sharing, trading, etc is not allowed and is a gross violation of the Terms of Use on this site. This is a serious offense when it comes to a Storyteller's Account as it gives a complete and utter stranger to the site access to the behind the scenes.

The situation might have played itself out differently had Anchor taken less of a 'What? This is no big deal!' stance on the situation and had used less harsh language with the chat moderators that were trying to deal with the situation at the time - including telling them what he thought of the situation as a whole.

I was the one that removed him from the site as a mod. You need to have a certain amount of responsibility and unfortunately sometimes our JrSts that move up into AS positions don't understand that, especially when impressing a girl irl is involved.

So, as it is I'm turning The Suvan Sea from its experimental status as a Domain back into a collective use area by everyone. If you do a thread that is in the upper northern Suvan by Syliras, feel free to turn grades into the Syliras staff for grading. All middle and lower section grades can be turned into the cities the threads take place closest too. As always the Cyphrus and Falyndar Teams will be glad to help out and grade if your thread relates to them in any way shape or form.

However, do not expect any of the ST's in the area to feel obligated to follow through with any of Anchors current threads (he left no notes really) nor to follow through on any future promised threads he might have made to players. At one point he has told the Cyphrus Team he over extended himself promising each and every new player an individual moderated thread in his area.

Unfortunately this is the nature of the game at times. Storytellers make promises and do not fulfill them for one reason or another. The game moves on. We all pick up the pieces left by abrupt departures.

Try to be a bit understanding and do what you can to move forward.

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Edreina on May 16th, 2013, 4:31 am

I should have made a post in here awhile back to stay up to date on things. But I kept getting wrapped up in threads. XD

So, Goss, just to clarify: We turn our threads into the nearest ST office? Basically whatever city/coastline it took place nearest?

Everyone else, we just need to stick together and keeps the Suvan flowin. If you want me to guest moderate I have no problem with that, we just need to come up with a good plan :3
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Malus Tidalwave on July 3rd, 2013, 8:54 pm

Hey There, I am new to Miz and was really interested in playing a Svefra. I was wondering if any pods are currently looking for members? I am willing to cater my character to fit the Pods situation! thanks and let me know!
Malus Tidalwave
Player

Words: 30641
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tydas on November 10th, 2013, 3:21 am

Hey there. I have my Svefran character almost ready, just need to find a Pod for him. Any Pods that are open, please let me know, and thanks in advance.
Tydas
Player

Words: 60
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Postby Edreina on July 1st, 2014, 8:16 pm

THE SUVAN SEA IS NO LONGER A MODERATED DOMAIN!

You can still play here, but it would be best if you register and localize yourself to a Suvan City such as Syliras, Riverfall, Kenash, or Alvadas. Not only will this save you time and hassle trying to find threading partners, but it will also make it easier for mods to help you work yourself into the game and dish out grades when you complete a thread.

If anyone needs help, please feel free to message me or another mentor. We would love to help.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext