[The Pig's Foot Tavern] Together or on our own. (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Bob Barton on July 5th, 2011, 5:25 pm

OOC: Cannot delete T.T
Last edited by Bob Barton on July 7th, 2011, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eryss Waldu on July 7th, 2011, 7:07 am

[Once introductions for Mok had been made Eryss grew noticeably more receptive to his presence, especially since he and Cade were related, though he looked at him from across the table as though attempting to assess his worth. Eyes blazed with the same intense hatred for life that often filled them and Eryss concluded his remarks by accepting the water that had been brought to him again, raising it to his mouth after his fingers began to curl around it, and drinking from the vessel it had come in. It was refreshing and the Wizard drank deeply, as deep as a man who enjoyed to much wine might, and when he set it back down he would look over the group again.]

[Now that others had come to join them at the large table, new chairs needing to be pulled up as there were originally only six, Eryss would wait; letting what he had said sink into the minds of the rest before continuing on shortly afterwards by remarking...

“When you think about opportunity in a place like this it’s important to think about where it can take you. In Sunberth it leads to a shallow grave early on in life unless you have men and women to support you when it’s required. That is what we will become. We all bring an essential piece of the puzzle to this table and with one another we’ll learn to support our mutual interests against our enemies.”

...when he’d finished saying that Eryss noted to himself that it sounded a bit poetic. Irony was apparent to him considering that the organization he was proposing would not stand for upright principles or philosophy. He wouldn’t reveal everything of course but Eryss wanted everyone involved to think of this group as a team that honed its skills to a point. While he let the others think over the rest of what he’d said he could survey the bar again.]

[With the addition of Mok and the woman that Cade had waved over there were several of them sitting around the table Eryss had reserved. Cade to his right. Kiara to his left. It was obviously the both of them were his preferred agents, or associates as they were for the moment, but whereas Cade and Eryss shared some sort of brotherhood the Wizard kept Kiara close because he wanted to watch her. Thus far Kiara had been invaluable to him but Eryss wondered about her occasionally, maybe because of her features or because whereas the other women seemed more malleable she was chiselled in a different way and from another stone.]

[Thinking that Kiara might try to kill him one day didn’t bother Eryss in the least either, she was a killer at heart so if he had expected anything less he might well deserve to meet such an end. Eryss leaned closer to her then and whispered something into her ear...

“The Gambler. Watch him.”

...clearly something about the man didn’t sit right with Eryss which is why he had given the task to Kiara while they sat at the table, he had the look of a man who might well have died ten times over by now if it weren’t for an extraordinary run of luck. There was another figure at the bar now too, Eryss didn’t recognize her but he was familiar with her skin tones being similar to those of Eypharian signifying that she was of mixed breeding, he didn’t look at her long but made a mental note regarding her that would stay in the back of his mind.]

[After leaning closer to Kiara Eryss would sit straight again and continue on with what he had been saying. His hands folded themselves together across the surface of the table, fingers entwining with one another, and he began outlining his plan for the group in a methodical voice that seemed to punctuate he had thought this over awhile...

“Northwest of the city is a massive pit that used to serve as an enormous mine. Tunnels in the pit create a veritable labyrinth I have no doubt. From what I know relatively few people attempt to use the mine anymore but it presents a unique opportunity for us. If we could operate, and hold the mine, for any length of time we would be able to fund ourselves a far cry greater than what other endeavours will pay us in coins. We could of course approach things differently but this has the potential to make us rich as compared to working and fighting with other groups throughout Sunberth.”

...Eryss didn’t have an acumen in business but this seemed fairly straightforward to him. Mining could produce an exorbitant amount of wealth for everyone involved and the group could fund their real activities afterwards. Protection. Extortion. The Slave trade. All these things were different facets of what Eryss had in mind and everyone at the table had their role to play in his mind. Kiara could easily oversee a branch that involved killing for hire in this group. Cade and Mok were more than capable of being extortionists. Antar the Slave trade or overseeing the mines if he chose. On top of it all Eryss himself. It would be perfect.]

[Drinking from his water again Eryss would let everyone gathered around the table consider what he’d said. The riches were real. If that were not enough though he had another plan but he considered the second one to be much less efficient in the long term.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Words: 240296
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kiara Killraven on July 7th, 2011, 10:20 pm

The white haired assassin kept her eyes locked on this new comer for a few moments longer. Despite the appearance of her relaxing she had not yet resheathed her dagger. She didn't understand the significance of the horn being passed between the two of them but she surmised it was a type of greeting that the culture they came from, shared as a way of making peace with each other. In her many years of sneaking about and killing others in the dark she had come to notice that a whisper actually carried further, due to its higher pitch, then a quiet mumble. That is why, despite his obvious attempt at keeping their conversation between himself and Cade, Kiara was still able to make out a few of the words he spoke. They must have been in another language however cause she had no idea what they meant.

As the new comer moved to sit at their table she purposely averted her eyes from the man. Out of the sides of her eyes she made sure to keep her attention on him for a few moments more. When it came her turn to introduce herself she merely said her name in a quiet tone, seemingly uncaring as to whether she was being rude to him or not. In her attempt to keep her eyes off of Mok and only watch him through her peripheral vision, Kiara also noticed Cade wave slightly at the bar. She let her eyes follow his until they lit on a girl moving over to join them. Like her, this new girl did not seem like she enjoyed talking to others. Whether this was a normal occurrence with her or something she was simply doing because she didn't know anyone else in the group outside of Cade they would find out later.

As the group settled in around her Kiara began to turn her attentions more to the crowd around them. She had not turned her attention to the crowd quickly enough to notice the gambler nor the mixed blood that entered. Considering Cade's fascination with the women at the bar she had not turned her eyes in that direction in quite some time. The people at her table, excluding those that had only recently arrived, were people that she had fought and bled with. She had no doubt that if they meant to kill her it would be at a time when they did not need her anymore. When they were out around large numbers of people like this she highly doubted they would attempt such a thing when it meant they might need her later to save their own skins.

Kiara had only been half listening to Eryss as he spoke. Its not that she did not care about what he was speaking of. She just was not picky. As long as she had the protection that came from being in a group of people as opposed to being in the city alone, she was not all that picky at what they would do as a group. So far the group had gotten into a bit of trouble with one of the established criminal syndicates of the city and had escaped with their lives. She found the encounter exciting and fun. A much funner time then she had had by herself in a while. Kiara's grip tightened slightly around her dagger as Eryss leaned in and whispered the words to her. Nodding to him slightly she turned her eyes to the gambler he had mentioned at the bar.
Kiara Killraven
Human Blender

Words: 52221
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2011, 6:14 am
Character sheet

Postby Mok on July 8th, 2011, 7:06 am

Mok’s mind began to wonder into the dark crevasse of his past. He didn’t want to think about the events that led to his exile from Taloba, but his mind wondered there anyways. Instead Mok stood up and made his way to the bar, “I will be back.” He ordered four shots of rum and gunned them down as fast as he could. The burning sensation in his stomach almost made him vomit, but the bittersweet taste of the alcohol in his mouth was worth it. After a minute or two, the liquid finally settled and Mok made his way back to the table.

When Mok had returned, the so called leader Eryss made a convincing speech. Eryss was not asking for them to work for him, but rather he was asking for collaboration. Eryss wanted to form a team to achieve his seemingly greedy goals. Mok looked around the table. It was apparent that Kiara and even Cade had already made up their minds well before this meeting, but Mok did not want to join. What for? Eryss would eventually backstab him. Even if the wizened man was true to his word, someone else would do the deed eventually.

Without warning, a sudden surge of emotion ran up Mok’s spine. Myri’s disappointed face appeared in his mind. A sudden despair came over the young man and his face was suddenly ripe with pain. Fuck. I worked so hard. Fuck these people. Fuck them. Fuck everything about them. Look at you Cade – have you forgotten who you are. Have you forgotten were you are from. No, huh. These people here don’t know what its all about. Look at them, they are weak, they don’t know the meaning of pain Cade. Pain. They have no pride! Pride. Bahkla! No pride. They don’t understand us – no - NO. I understand what you’re all about now. You have lost yourself you – you - Usspah non – Cade you’re not a real Myrian anymore.

Mok flung his shot glass and it shattered on the floor. The whole table stopped and looked at him. He was breathing hard and looked pale. The young warrior was still full of rage, but he dared not speak of it. Before anyone could say a word, Mok blurted out with obvious emotion in his voice, “Eryss – Why should I trust you?”Mok pounded his heart with his right had, “Why do you deserve my respect? Why should I die for you?”

Red = Myrian
Bold = Common
Last edited by Mok on July 9th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want some, get some, bad enough, take some,
But watch the sword by my side,
Because it represents me and the motherpetching east side"
-one of Mok's mottos
Mok
The Sunberthian Gangster

Words: 149901
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2011, 5:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Antar on July 8th, 2011, 7:52 am

Antar eyes lost all their joviality at Mok's actions of banging his fist into the table. Instead he got quiet, extremely quiet with his eyes simply staring in Mok's direction. With a bit of a ice in his voice, Noth quietly spoke... "With all due respect , Mister Mok. I know the meaning of what you say. I know there are words behind it. Feelings which you might not wish to elaborate upon. So let me say this now while everyone is here to hear it..."

Noth's gaze roved slowly over the rest of the party's slowing meeting them in turn. "Whether or not there is anything within this city which holds a damn candle to the idea of being respectful to anyone else and not stabbing anyone in the back, I will simply state: If this group if forged there will be a few things bound in iron and blood which should be enforced by all of us;

One, We do not steal from each other, that includes each other's lives. Those who do will be punished... severely.

Two, We work towards the goal of bettering the group, to give us all a place of safety and watch each others backs. That means if we have to be honest, if someone is gunning for one of us, they're gunning for all of us. We'll have to work hard to protect each other's backs. And I mean that; should any fail to help another in our group for their own gain then they'll be in the worse for wear. I can ensure you of that!

Three, we all keep our secrets, but if there are any that come to endanger the rest of us one day, then we'll be required to supply the knowledge of such things then. We all have enemies, and ideas, and more importantly talents, if we pool our resources which could help forge us all a place to stay and better ourselves. It's that simple. I will not join any who do not consent to such terms. That include you , Eryss and you Mok. So what do you both now say to that?"
Noth spread his arms wide towards the rest, "In fact, what do you all say to that?"
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1

Postby Bob Barton on July 8th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Bob was just about to choke on a mouthful of milk as one of the big brutes from the table suddenly appeared at the bar. But he swallowed and gasped in relief when the man ordered a few drinks. Surprisingly the man was sill able to stand firm looking at the speed he finished off his drinks. Probably a part of the nature when it comes to the people of Sunberth who lived in a more freeform lifestyle compared to the more orderly and sophisticated cities. If anything these people truly lived up to their reputation as a dangerous bunch. Who else would be able to live here but the toughest of the tough?

Bob peered over his shoulder to confirm that the man only came for drinks and not coming for him before continuing to act ignorant to the problem he found himself faced with in the Pig's Foot. His fears slightly settled when the man returned to his table and Bob tried to analyze his current situation with the calm demeanor any experienced gambler would going over and over in his head as he stared into the last few drops of his milk.

His concentration broke with the sound of a shattering glass and again he peered over his shoulder to see the same intimidating man from earlier shouting at the group. With everyone else in the bar seeming to have stopped all their happy and jovial activities to witness the incident as well, Bob thought to himself "This is going to turn out bad..." He saw another man with a cold and dangerous expression on his face who seemed to be intimidating the rest of the group for gods know what reason. Bob's nerves just snapped. Gambling may have trained him to always be calm and collected but Sunberth was just too much. Bob took this as a cue to hide and asked the bartender to point him to the toilet. There, he washed his face and stared at the mirror for a few moments trying to calm himself down as he decided what he should do next.
Last edited by Bob Barton on July 9th, 2011, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Barton
Player

Words: 1121818
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2011, 12:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Fallon Dawn on July 8th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Fallon jumped when she heard the sound of glass shattering. Turning to look at the table, she saw one of the men had thrown their glass on the ground in some sort of fit and was now shouting at the group. After a different man had finished giving a speech to the emotional man, another person got up and walked away from the table. These people seem fond of big speeches. She thought, amused. Curious, she turned her attention back to the gang and observed them, no longer trying to be subtle about her eavesdropping. Dangerous people. Perhaps they'd make good allies.

Without thinking, Fallon got up and walked over to their table. Filled with a confidence she had never felt before, she cleared her throat to catch their attention. "I suppose this is a bad time, but I couldn't help overhearing you all talking and it got me interested. Any need for another thief in this little gang of yours?" Wait... what are you thinking, Fallon? This is not going to end well. Oh well. Too late now! Just go with it. She met the eyes of the man she assumed to be their leader and cocked an eyebrow, waiting for a response.
To dance is to be out of yourself
Larger, more beautiful
This is power
It is glory on Earth
And it is yours for the taking
Fallon Dawn
The Stealthy Dancer

Words: 14806
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2011, 11:05 pm
Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 10th, 2011, 9:24 pm

The shot glass shattered and Cade's reflexes went to work, shoving his chair back to give himself room to move while his combat skilled hand snapped to the hilt of his sword, slightly drawing the weapon with the blade partially exposed. He did not rise from his chair for his though process began to assess the sitaution as he quickly figured it was just his causing looking for attention. His full attention was on his kinsman, hand still on the hilt of his sword as he listened to Mok spit his words out, challenging his close friend Eyrss's words of insight and leadership.

Cade rose from his seat, towering over the table as his glare blazed in inferno anger as he tightened on the grip of his hilt, pumping his massive muscles to be more defined. His focus was still on Mok as Antar quickly made his words and then The Barbarian had his chance to speak:

"You Whelp! Embarrass me one more time with your loose tongue and I cut it from your mouth" Cade growled his threat in his savage native tongue at his cousin who had verbally challenged his friend before changing his linguistics back to common as he turned to the rest of the group " Your either in, or your out. But if you wish to stick with us, you will follow the orders of Eyrss, or its I you shall answer to. We offer mutual gain in profits with a formation of a crew that holds loyalty to each other in thick or thin. I do not demand your respect...... that will be earned in time. But you all will learned the Chain of command........." He relayed as he began to leave the table then turned to the rest of the group, sword fully sheathed now and a devilish snicker on his face " That be the chain I beat you with tell you figure it out" The barbarian howled in in a deep laughter as he made way to the bar.

He gave Canali a light touch on her shoulder, acknowledging her existence " Need a Drink?" he asked, not stopping his advance to the drinking troth. If she needed one, she would have to shout her order to the mountain of a savage who was determined to quench his thirst.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Canali on July 11th, 2011, 11:29 am

Elbows settled on her knees, Canali listened to the man who appeared to be the leader talking. He spoke with conviction and persuasion. A hint of… Cockiness? Perhaps. He seemed to believe everything he said, but wariness settled in Canali's stomach like a bad meal. Mining? Glancing around at the group, Canali doubted anyone here truly knew how to mine; much less live in the wilderness. Eaten for sure! She, herself, had no fighting skill. Unsure of how exactly to bring it up to the group, Canali stayed quiet. Approaching the man who had just finished talking seemed appropriate after the meeting.

Canali's breath caught as the glass was broken, creating a shattering affect. Stiffening, she watched to see what the outcome would be. Her own thoughts had traveled to the way the man who had broken the glass. Yes, there would be protection. Not being able to fight, herself, Canali desperately needed protection, but at what cost was it? Nodding slowly at Antar's words, Canali agreed to the consensual terms. Tempting was the thought of being able to trust another to the point of being able to sleep and not worry about her life being taken from her. A long time had it been since a night's rest could be peaceful. To have protection, money, AND friends? Fairly impossible to achieve in Sunberth.

Watching the woman who approached the group, Canali glanced at the rest of the bar. Though much attention had been attracted, it seemed many of the tavern drinkers minded their own business. This… Woman, though. Obviously she had not thought about whether or not the group would welcome her. Canali had done the same thing; come over to visit the group, but had taken a seat instead of talking. Watching the exchange between Cade and his relative, Canali frowned. What language was that? Shaking her head at Cade in answer, even though he was already strutting away, Canali shifted awkwardly in her seat; eyes not quite focusing on anybody.
This account is being retired. If you would like to contact me, please do so through the account of Lacai. Thank you.
Canali
Dont Make Me Get The Pan!

Words: 152746
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 4:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eryss Waldu on July 13th, 2011, 4:28 pm

[As the shot glass broke, shattering on the floor, and Mok made a spectacle of himself Eryss was ready to offer his retort but before he could Cade had already stood at the ready with his hand down on the hilt of his sword causing the Wizard to lace his fingers amongst one another and listen to Cade while he admonished his kinsman and then turned his attention towards the others. Apparently Eryss wasn’t required to answer the man questioning him as Cade had already done so and even though he only had a thin grasp on the Myrian language Eryss would swear that he heard Cade telling Mok that he had embarrassed him which he would not allow a second time. While Cade turned his attention to the others and began to lecture them as well Eryss would merely take his cup of water and drink, refreshing himself, before setting it down when his barbarian ally had finished.]

[Besides Mok it also seems as though Antar has something to say so Eryss listened to him voice his concerns as well, he was interested in the expectations Antar seemed to have for a group of cutthroats such as the men assembled here but it did make for something interesting to consider, while wondering if anyone else would have something to add. It wouldn’t take long before a woman inquired as to whether or not the group could use another thief amongst their ranks causing Eryss to incline his head in her direction briefly as though he were offering her a place to sit at the table. All she’d need to do is find a chair for herself as most of the others seemed to be occupied with one body or another.]

[Waiting to see if anyone else had anything to say Eryss would watch as Cade moved off to retrieve another drink and saw how he asked Canali if she wanted one as well and then deciding that he could finally talk without interruption again Eryss would look towards Mok, who had been the first to question him and begin by saying...

“Well as can clearly be seen I have the loyalty of Cade. He should be enough to vouch for me Mok or will you doubt his words? You are not my soldier though so I scantly expect you to die for me.”

...there seemed to be a malicious sort of innuendo interlaced with his words when Eryss made his final comment to Mok almost as though he were retorting, subtly, for having been questioned by the man whom Cade had since brought into line. Eryss would then settle back in his chair again, quietly, and overlook those arrayed around the table and near him; he believed he had a solid base with which to begin a core group and that this would help him achieve his goals. It likely wouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that he had ambitions which he would use this group though he was willing to help those loyal to him accomplish their own desires as well.]

[Initially it might have appeared as though Eryss had decided not to answer Antar though he was biding his time expertly, allowing everyone’s minds to wander, and then while he drew circles across the wood of the table they were sitting at with one badly scared finger, clearly it had been burnt, he could be heard addressing them all...

“What I offer is not a mere thieves code. Nor is it beautified by simple rhetoric. I invited many of you here to establish an organization so that we could benefit from numbers and mutual protection. The rest should have been implied already. That is what I say, Antar. If we are to take this city then it will be as a group. No one here is strong enough to defeat the other established organizations in Sunberth, they would swallow any one of us the moment we set foot outside if they could.”

...from his personal perspective Eryss had come to terms with the fact that he needed others if he wanted to entrench himself in Sunberth and become more influential then he could make himself on his own which is what had lead him to these people. Other than Cade himself all of them had particular talents that complimented the desires of the Wizard.]

[Narrowing his eyes Eryss looked towards the bar again and then back towards all those gathered around the table. He’d begin to stand, reaching out to take Kiara by the shoulder so that it appeared as though he required a bit of momentary assistance to climb back to his feet, before setting both of his hands on the table and beginning to address the others one more time...

“No more debate on this. If you wish to join then now is the time to do so. Tonight we take each other’s hand in brotherhood and tomorrow we will begin to carve Sunberth into what we desire. It is the choice all of you have to make.”

...Eryss was not fond of long speeches when addressing a number of people which is why he kept it short. Were he alone with any one of them he could have held a lengthy conversation if the topic was of interest to him but now it was best to get to the point. Especially in a tavern, the walls had eyes and ears aplenty, where nothing was completely as it seemed. Standing, Eryss would wait for those at the table to make their decision confident that Cade and Kiara would be with him already but mildly curious as to what the others would say, he waited for their answer. As well as the answer of anyone nearby, like the bar, who had been listening to their conversation; many of them were new to one another as it was so it made no difference that others be brought into the fold now.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Words: 240296
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext